PDA

View Full Version : They walked away!

AFbombloader
04-17-2008, 05:55 AM
The Army needs more of these vehicles! Look at the damage and how the truck was turned 180 degrees. The engine was blown away from the vehicle and they walked away!

AF:salute:

Attachment didn't work! It was a good one too! I will work on it and repost.

AFbombloader
04-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Figured it out. The soldiers walked away from this. Amazing!

AFbombloader
04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Look at the steering wheel! I'm sure there were broken ribs, but that is better than the alternative!

AFbombloader
04-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Last two.

Hagbard Celine
04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I think these are the new MRAPS. They finally figured out that the best way to protect against IUD's is to make the underside hull v-shaped instead of flat like the HUM-V's are. My dad's been harping on this for a while. He owns stock in the company that holds the patent on this technology and the reason that the government hasn't fully gone over to these vehicles is because they were unwilling to pay the company for the rights to use the technology to mass produce them. So there have been some lawsuits where the gov't has been trying to get the techno-rights for free. I think the company finally won so hopefully these things will finally see the battlefield.

theHawk
04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I think these are the new MRAPS. They finally figured out that the best way to protect against IUD's is to make the underside hull v-shaped instead of flat like the HUM-V's are. My dad's been harping on this for a while. He owns stock in the company that holds the patent on this technology and the reason that the government hasn't fully gone over to these vehicles is because they were unwilling to pay the company for the rights to use the technology to mass produce them. So there have been some lawsuits where the gov't has been trying to get the techno-rights for free. I think the company finally won so hopefully these things will finally see the battlefield.

*gasp*, your family is part of the industrial War Machine?

:salute:

Hagbard Celine
04-17-2008, 12:08 PM
*gasp*, your family is part of the industrial War Machine?

:salute:

Shareholders :cheers2:

glockmail
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Shareholders :cheers2:
My first thought on this is that too bad they didn't start using these 5 years ago. Now I see it's due to your families capitalist greed. How does it feel to have the blood of 2000 US soldiers on your hands?

Hagbard Celine
04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
My first thought on this is that too bad they didn't start using these 5 years ago. Now I see it's due to your families capitalist greed. How does it feel to have the blood of 2000 US soldiers on your hands?

I guess patent law doesn't apply to the US government?
As for your ridiculous question, you tell me. You're the one who voted for Bush twice, not me.

Hobbit
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
That would be Navistar. My dad consulted for them, and had I had the desire, I could have done some SERIOUS insider trading, but, for starters, that's illegal.

glockmail
04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I guess patent law doesn't apply to the US government?
As for your ridiculous question, you tell me. You're the one who voted for Bush twice, not me.

Sure I voted for Bush. That's makes me a war monger and a greedy capitalist. But you, on the other hand, are above all that shit.

The only reason to apply for a patent is to protect your capitalist interests. Therefore your greed prevented you from stopping the bloodshed inherent in my war mongering. :slap:

Hagbard Celine
04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
That would be Navistar. My dad consulted for them, and had I had the desire, I could have done some SERIOUS insider trading, but, for starters, that's illegal.

The stock has lost a lot of money and the company has teetered on the brink of going under for a little while, but I think things may be turning up for them soon.

rppearso
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
The stock has lost a lot of money and the company has teetered on the brink of going under for a little while, but I think things may be turning up for them soon.

Thats what happens when a client sand bags on paying there bills to the contractor, you cant stay in buisness with out a positive cash flow. You might want to talk to a lawyer becasue if the US government is unwilling to purchase the technology you are allowed to sell it overseas so you can start turning a profit. Good luck with the stocks, also precious metals is something else you should consider getting into with the dollar going down the toliet you dont want any savings in USD's. Patent laws are critically important to maintain first world nation status because if people cant capitalize on there ideas there is no insentive to commercialize an idea.

AFbombloader
04-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Wow, I really didn't envision this thread going where it did. I hope they do get it figured out and these vehicles start seeing more of the battlefield.