PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite golf movie?

Abbey Marie
04-17-2008, 08:55 AM
So many good ones. Choose yours.

Hagbard Celine
04-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I voted for Caddyshack, but I like Happy Gilmore about the same.

retiredman
04-17-2008, 10:58 AM
caddyshack, without question...for me, anyhow.

Abbey Marie
04-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I chose Happy Gilmore, but I loved Tin Cup too.

OCA
04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Tin Cup just because it had more that related to the everyday golfer.

Caddyshack was just a brilliant comedy that happened to take place at a country club but not really completely about golf.

Mr. P
04-17-2008, 06:53 PM
The Legend of Bagger Vance!

Abbey Marie
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
The Legend of Bagger Vance!

Why didn't you vote for it?

Mr. P
04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Why didn't you vote for it?

:laugh2: I totally missed it on the poll, long day, very tired..I voted other. Switch my vote. :laugh2:

I'd almost swear it wasn't there when I voted though.

Abbey Marie
04-17-2008, 09:49 PM
:laugh2: I totally missed it on the poll, long day, very tired..I voted other. Switch my vote. :laugh2:

Okey doke. :salute:

Sitarro
04-17-2008, 10:11 PM
"The Greatest Game Ever Played", true story and a great story about 1913 US Open, where 20-year-old Francis Ouimet defeated his idol, 1900 US Open champion, Englishman, Harry Vardon(the guy that developed the Vardon grip which most players use today). Bill Paxton did an incredible job directing this movie, some absolutely artful scenes throughout, he gained a great deal of respect from me. I really enjoyed all of the films listed, I know I have watched Caddyshack, Tin Cup and Bagger a dozen or more times each.

"Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius" was another good one about a great man played by James Caviezel. Bobby Jones was phenomenal..... so was Hogan.:salute:

Noir
04-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Happy Gilmore cus i ain't seen none of the rest

Abbey Marie
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM

I'd almost swear it wasn't there when I voted though.

Sorry, Mr.P, but it was there all along. I made the poll, and that's why I asked why you didn't vote for it. :)

JimmyAteWorld
04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Be the ball, Danny.

jackass
04-18-2008, 04:24 PM
"The Greatest Game Ever Played", true story and a great story about 1913 US Open, where 20-year-old Francis Ouimet defeated his idol, 1900 US Open champion, Englishman, Harry Vardon(the guy that developed the Vardon grip which most players use today).

I voted for Happy...but I like them all...except Caddyshack. Actually....I have never really seen it. :cool:

And....never heard of Bobby Jones...

Mr. P
04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Sorry, Mr.P, but it was there all along. I made the poll, and that's why I asked why you didn't vote for it. :)

Yeah right, mods can make stuff appear and disappear at will. You don't think I'd believe you do you? :poke:

BTW...Caddyshack a golf movie? Please! :laugh2:

Sitarro
04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah right, mods can make stuff appear and disappear at will. You don't think I'd believe you do you? :poke:

I agree, Caddyshack was a spoof of Country Club life and the lives of the haves and have nots, funny, but not a golf movie. Same with Happy Gilmore, funny comedy but not about golf. I really liked Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin's movie...... "The Caddy" but it wasn't really a golf movie either.... it is pretty funny though and cameos of the real Ben Hogan and I believe Sam Snead were fun too.

Jackass.... Bobby Jones!!??? If he was alive today with the equipment and courses of today, Tiger would certainly not be winning as much as he does. He won what was considered the Grand Slam of the day, same year. Nobody has ever done it since. He also never turned pro and quit in his prime. He is also the one responsible for Augusta National and The Masters.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2008, 08:36 AM

Doesn't matter what you believe, Mr. P., as I know the truth. :poke:

TheStripey1
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Caddy Shack

Sitarro
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Caddy Shack

Why am I not surprised and no, you can't.