PDA

View Full Version : Hai Chihuahua!!!!!! The world's hottest chili discovered

KarlMarx
02-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Bhut Jolokia comes in at 1,001,304 Scoville heat units, a measure of hotness for a chili. It is nearly twice as hot as Red Savina, the variety it replaces as the hottest.
By comparison, a New Mexico green chili contains about 1,500 Scoville units; an average jalapeno measures at about 10,000.

remainder of article at

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/23/hot.pepper.ap/index.html

Note: The "grand daddy" of hot chilies, the Orange Habanero pepper, can pack a punch of up to 350,000 Scoville Units.

5stringJeff
02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I had a friend who used to do business in Louisiana (pre-Katrina). He said he'd stop by places that sold hot sauce. He'd ask for their hot stuff, and they give him something decent - with a little more punch than what you can buy in Safeway. One time, he told the store owner, 'no, I want the really hot stuff.' After initially feigning innocence, he took my friend to the back, where the really hot stuff was - stuff in the hundred-thousand Scoville range. The bottles were labeled with warnings. The one he brought home had a tag that said something to the effect of, if you use this, you assume all responsibility, and you affirm that you are not under the influence of alcohol. It was hilarious! (No, we didn't try any.)

darin
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
We ate those for WEEKS in 'Nam.

Hobbit
02-28-2007, 12:24 AM
We ate those for WEEKS in 'Nam.

Who needs Agent Orange? A strong fart could take out the whole jungle, not to metion causing you to bleed to death.

CSM
02-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Who needs Agent Orange? A strong fart could take out the whole jungle, not to metion causing you to bleed to death.

And it killed all living insects within a 3km radius!