PDA

View Full Version : Praying passenger thrown off plane (before takeoff)

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
It's about time, too. Religion and air travel simply don't mix, as 9/11 demonstrated so beautifully.

Praying passenger is removed from San Francisco-bound flight
By Associated Press
Article Launched: 04/17/2008 11:51:10 AM PDT

NEW YORK - A passenger who left his seat to pray in the back of a plane before it took off, ignoring flight attendants' orders to return, was removed by an airport security guard, a witness and the airline said. ...

When flight attendants urged the man, who was carrying a religious book, to take his seat, he ignored them, Brafman said. Two friends, who were seated, tried to tell the attendants that the man couldn't stop until his prayers were over in about 2 minutes, he said.

"He doesn't respond to them, but his friends explain that once you start praying you can't stop," said Brafman, who was seated three rows away.

When the man finally stopped praying, he explained that he couldn't interrupt his religious ritual and wasn't trying to be rude. But the attendants summoned a guard to remove him, said Brafman.

The plane, Flight 9 to San Francisco, took off without the man.

Source (http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_8960234?source=rss_viewed)

Gaffer
04-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Gee I wonder what religion he is?

Probably had his lawyer standing by at the gate. And his buddies were there to explain why he couldn't stop praying, how convenient.

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Gee I wonder what religion he is?

Probably had his lawyer standing by at the gate. And his buddies were there to explain why he couldn't stop praying, how convenient.

I ellipsed out that part of the article on purpose: the guy's an Orthodox Jew.

And for me, I couldn't care less what religion he practiced. IMO the airline did the correct thing by kicking him off the plane for that kind of behavior.

Gaffer
04-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes they did do right. Gee I wonder why I would assume it was another religion. Couldn't be their track record for this kind of stuff.

actsnoblemartin
04-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I had a feeling he might be an orthodox jew, because an orthodox jew, has rituals for prayer.

sounds like p.c. stuff to me, those jews, always blowing up things :laugh2:

I ellipsed out that part of the article on purpose: the guy's an Orthodox Jew.

And for me, I couldn't care less what religion he practiced. IMO the airline did the correct thing by kicking him off the plane for that kind of behavior.

actsnoblemartin
04-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I would have to agree, you here these kind of stories and you think muslim.

I dont see anything wrong with that.

Yes they did do right. Gee I wonder why I would assume it was another religion. Couldn't be their track record for this kind of stuff.

My Winter Storm
04-18-2008, 01:54 AM
I wrongly assumed he was Muslim, too. I'm surprised to hear he was of a different religion entirely.
The airline did the right thing, IMO.