PDA

View Full Version : Marines outraged over TIME's new cover picture

Little-Acorn
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Our who-cares-about-war liberals managed to do it again. For those of you who thought it was impossible to insult the U.S. Marines with a nonexistent issue like "global warming", think again.

Maybe these people should stick to voting disapproving resolutions about recruiting centers. It will keep them busy while the adults fix what they break.

Why do I get the feeling the Marine looie didn't use the words "dadgum" and "rear"?

----------------------------------

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080417171532.aspx

Iwo Jima Veterans Blast Time's 'Special Environmental Issue' Cover

by Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
4/17/2008 5:24:05 PM

For only the second time in 85 years, Time magazine abandoned the traditional red border it uses on its cover. The occasion – to push more global warming alarmism.

The cover of the April 21 issue of Time took the famous Iwo Jima photograph by Joe Rosenthal of the Marines raising the American flag and replaced the flag with a tree. The cover story by Bryan Walsh calls green “the new red, white and blue.”

http://www.businessandmedia.org/stillshots/2008/TimeIwoJima.jpg

Donald Mates, an Iwo Jima veteran, told the Business & Media Institute on April 17 that using that photograph for that cause was a “disgrace.”

“It’s an absolute disgrace,” Mates said. “Whoever did it is going to hell. That’s a mortal sin. God forbid he runs into a Marine that was an Iwo Jima survivor.”

Mates also said making the comparison of World War II to global warming was erroneous and disrespectful.

“The second world war we knew was there,” Mates said. “There’s a big discussion. Some say there is global warming, some say there isn’t. And to stick a tree in place of a flag on the Iwo Jima picture is just sacrilegious.”

According to the American Veterans Center (AVC), Mates served in the 3rd Marine Division and fought in the battle of Iwo Jima, landing on Feb. 24, 1945.

“A few days later, Mates’ eight-man patrol came under heavy assault from Japanese forces,” Tim Holbert, a spokesman for the AVC, said. “During fierce-hand-to-hand combat, Mates watched as his friend and fellow Marine, Jimmy Trimble, was killed in front of his eyes. Mates was severely wounded, and underwent repeated operations for shrapnel removal for over 30 years.”

Lt. John Keith Wells, the leader of the platoon that raised the flags on Mt. Suribachi and co-author of “Give Me Fifty Marines Not Afraid to Die: Iwo Jima” wasn’t impressed with Time’s efforts.

“That global warming is the biggest joke I’ve ever known,” Wells told the Business & Media Institute. “[W]e’ll stick a dadgum tree up somebody’s rear if they want that and think that’s going to cure something.”

Time managing editor Richard Stengel appeared on MSNBC April 17 and said the United States needed to make a major effort to fight climate change, and that the cover’s purpose was to liken global warming to World War II.

gabosaurus
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Ridiculous much? Geeez... :rolleyes:

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
The original photo was STAGED, for cryin' out loud. The guys who posed for it didn't see unusually more action: the whole thing was a morale booster for the home front.

There's nothing more pitiful than a crybaby jarhead, and these ones are ignorant to boot.

82Marine89
04-17-2008, 07:23 PM
The original photo was STAGED, for cryin' out loud. The guys who posed for it didn't see unusually more action: the whole thing was a morale booster for the home front.

There's nothing more pitiful than a crybaby jarhead, and these ones are ignorant to boot.

Actually there is nothing more pitiful than an ignorant poster.

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 07:32 PM

Everything I said about the Iwo Jima photo (and subsequent statue) is correct. If you don't know it, you should be ashamed.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Everything I said about the Iwo Jima photo (and subsequent statue) is correct. If you don't know it, you should be ashamed.

Thanks to men like 82MArine89, you have the freedom to be a complete and utter asshole

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks to men like 82MArine89, you have the freedom to be a complete and utter asshole

My being an asshole has nothing to do with whether the photo was staged, though. :finger3:

red states rule
04-17-2008, 07:39 PM
My being an asshole has nothing to do with whether the photo was staged, though. :finger3:

It was NOT staged

Iwo Jima photo was not staged, says exhibit curator
Friday, June 30, 2006
By John I. Carney

NASHVILLE -- Cyma Rubin, curator of an exhibit of Pulitzer Prize-winning photos now on display at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts in Nashville, wants to set the record straight:
The photo of U.S. marines raising the American flag atop Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima was not, repeat not, staged.

The photo, by Associated Press reporter Joe Rosenthal, has been dogged since it first appeared by stories that Rosenthal had staged it. Even though it won the coveted Pulitzer Prize and was the model for the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial in Arlington, Va., it hasn't been able to shake the perception that it wasn't an authentic photo of a real event.

Here is the story as Rubin told it during a recent media preview at the Frist:

When U.S. Marines first captured Mount Suribachi, a flag was raised, with a much shorter pole than the one in Rosenthal's photo. An official Marine Corps photographer, Sgt. Lou Lowery, documented the event. Later, as Lowery was heading down the mountain and Rosenthal was heading up, Lowery told Rosenthal he had missed the flag-raising. Rosenthal said he was still going to the top of the mountain to see what was taking place.

Meanwhile, a Marine officer had decided that the original flag was too small and ordered a more impressive one raised. Rosenthal reached the top of the mountain in time to capture this second flag-raising -- an authentic event, not staged or orchestrated by Rosenthal in any way. After the flag had been raised, Rosenthal took a second photo of the soldiers standing around the flag.

for the complete article

http://www.t-g.com/story/1158666.html

red states rule
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
The guy who said the picture was staged, said he was wrong

snip

For 50 years now, Rosenthal has battled a perception that he somehow staged the flag-raising picture, or covered up the fact that it was actually not the first flag-raising at Iwo Jima.

All the available evidence backs up Rosenthal. The man responsible for spreading the story that the picture was staged, the late Time-Life correspondent Robert Sherrod, long ago admitted he was wrong. But still the rumor persists.

http://www.ap.org/pages/about/pulitzer/rosenthal.html

Gaffer
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM

The particular shot that became famous was taken in a series of shots. The shot that was called for was of the flag up and flying. That particular photo was not spotted until days later. He took the photo as they were replacing a smaller flag that had already been raised. The photo itself was not staged. It was just the guys putting up flag. The angle and lighting made it an extraordinary dramatic shot.

We couldn't expect an America hater like you to understand pride and honor. Now go crawl back under your rock and read your green time magazine.

82Marine89
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Actually, we learn about this in boot camp. That Flag raising has just a tad bit of importance to us. You know, with the War Memorial and all. I've probably forgot more about the Corps than you could ever know, but just to humor myself and a few others here I am going to ask you for a link from a credible source to prove us wrong.

midcan5
04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Interesting use of the photo, as it represents another time when everyone joined together and hung together. Global warming is hardly handled that way due a strange divisiveness which makes even climate change political. I see nothing offensive but I'm going to ask a few WWII vets for their take.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Interesting use of the photo, as it represents another time when everyone joined together and hung together. Global warming is hardly handled that way due a strange divisiveness which makes even climate change political. I see nothing offensive but I'm going to ask a few WWII vets for their take.

What global warming?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=13660

http://www.debatepolicy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

82Marine89
04-17-2008, 07:58 PM

Well during WWII, parts of the globe did hit a billion degrees. So there was some warming and it was definitely man made. It also helped save untold lives, so maybe, just maybe, man made global warming is a good thing.

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
It was NOT staged

Iwo Jima photo was not staged, says exhibit curator
Friday, June 30, 2006
By John I. Carney

NASHVILLE -- Cyma Rubin, curator of an exhibit of Pulitzer Prize-winning photos now on display at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts in Nashville, wants to set the record straight:
Opening your mouth and inserting your foot again, I see. Rubin wasn't on the island and is therefore relying only on secondhand accounts.

The guy who said the picture was staged, said he was wrong
As if only one guy ever said that. :laugh2:

The photo itself was not staged. It was just the guys putting up flag.As I said before, these were just random Marines who played no special heroic role on Iwo Jima, and by your admission they weren't even running up the flag for the first time. Nevertheless, that's how the photo was MARKETED back home. Marketing involves staging. Rosenthal didn't necessarily have to hand-pick the guys who raised the flag.

We couldn't expect an America hater like you to understand pride and honor.I don't hate America: just its losers. Putting on a uniform does not change a loser into a man. GAFFER. :poke:

Actually, we learn about this in boot camp.I should hope so. But that just makes you deceitful instead of ignorant, because of your (failed) efforts to smear anyone who tries to tell the truth about the photo.

And no link is required: by everyone's admission so far, it wasn't a "real" flag-raising.

Interesting use of the photo, as it represents another time when everyone joined together and hung together.I agree with that (and it's a good-looking photo besides). Too bad those days are long gone. If we'd had GWB instead of FDR in the White House, we'd all be speaking German today.

red states rule
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
OK, you were wrong, it has been proven, and you don't have the balls to admit it

And you call others a hack

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 08:43 PM
OK, you were wrong, it has been proven, and you don't have the balls to admit it

And you call others a hack
The only possible way I could have been wrong is if Gaffer was wrong, too. Is that what you're saying...?

82Marine89
04-17-2008, 09:06 PM
It's fucks like you that make me believe in retro active abortions. The camp commander wanted a larger flagpole to make the Americans presence known. It was a hard fought battle and many fine Americans lost their lives there. The photographer shot a series of still shots as the camp commanders orders were being carried out.

There was nothing staged. Staged is you paying a hooker to say she loves you. Something you've played out numerous times in your life.

Gaffer
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Opening your mouth and inserting your foot again, I see. Rubin wasn't on the island and is therefore relying only on secondhand accounts.

You weren't on the island either, your relying on third and forth hand accounts.

As I said before, these were just random Marines who played no special heroic role on Iwo Jima, and by your admission they weren't even running up the flag for the first time. Nevertheless, that's how the photo was MARKETED back home. Marketing involves staging. Rosenthal didn't necessarily have to hand-pick the guys who raised the flag.

Two of those Marines were killed in action right after that picture was taken. The others fought through the rest of the campaign. One was a Navy Corpsman. They were all hero's in the truest sense of the word. And they weren't randomly picked. They were part of a platoon that was sent up to replace the first flag which was too small. The Admiral wanted one everyone could see from the whole island and the sea. It was put up to strengthen the morale of the troops and to demoralize the Japanese.

I don't hate America: just its losers. Putting on a uniform does not change a loser into a man. GAFFER. :poke:

So your a self hater as well. Cause your the biggest loser posting on this board. Having never wore a uniform or knowing anything about honor and respect I'm not surprised to see that sort of comment coming from you.

I should hope so. But that just makes you deceitful instead of ignorant, because of your (failed) efforts to smear anyone who tries to tell the truth about the photo.

You wouldn't know truth if it was rubbed in your face. You haven't told any truths here, just made disparaging remarks about something you know nothing about.

And no link is required: by everyone's admission so far, it wasn't a "real" flag-raising.

Sure it was. It just wasn't the first flag raising. It was the one recorded for posterity.

I agree with that (and it's a good-looking photo besides). Too bad those days are long gone. If we'd had GWB instead of FDR in the White House, we'd all be speaking German today.

Those days are gone because of dirt bags like you. You did all that posting just so you could say you hate Bush. well, Bush is going to be replaced. And you ain't gonna like it.

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 09:55 PM
It's fucks like you that make me believe in retro active abortions. The camp commander wanted a larger flagpole to make the Americans presence known. It was a hard fought battle and many fine Americans lost their lives there. The photographer shot a series of still shots as the camp commanders orders were being carried out.

There was nothing staged. Staged is you paying a hooker to say she loves you. Something you've played out numerous times in your life.

Hookers think I'm so hot that they won't even take my money. :laugh2:

But thanks for the tantrum; it was fun to read.

You did all that posting just so you could say you hate Bush. well, Bush is going to be replaced. And you ain't gonna like it.It wasn't planned: I just saw an opportunity and went for it. But you're right: I ain't gonna like it when Bush is gone. I'll just hate it a lot less.

Yurt
04-17-2008, 10:39 PM
LOL @ typo - you weren't there either genius :laugh2:

typomaniac
04-17-2008, 10:46 PM
LOL @ typo - you weren't there either genius :laugh2:

I could have been, if reincarnation exists. :lol:

Yurt
04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I could have been, if reincarnation exists. :lol:

you were probably a dung beetle, so doubt you were there :laugh2:

manu1959
04-17-2008, 11:12 PM
so if the flag raising was staged and time used the same picture for their global warming cover then they must be saying global warming is a fake as well......

actsnoblemartin
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
what the most despicable is that time is spitting on the heroism of the soldiers by cheapening that image and what it should be associated with

typomaniac
04-18-2008, 11:31 AM
so if the flag raising was staged and time used the same picture for their global warming cover then they must be saying global warming is a fake as well......

No wonder you left law for architecture. :lol:

Remind me not to enter any of your firm's buildings.

Joe Steel
04-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Our who-cares-about-war liberals managed to do it again. For those of you who thought it was impossible to insult the U.S. Marines with a nonexistent issue like "global warming", think again.

Maybe these people should stick to voting disapproving resolutions about recruiting centers. It will keep them busy while the adults fix what they break.

Why do I get the feeling the Marine looie didn't use the words "dadgum" and "rear"?

----------------------------------

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080417171532.aspx

Iwo Jima Veterans Blast Time's 'Special Environmental Issue' Cover

by Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
4/17/2008 5:24:05 PM

For only the second time in 85 years, Time magazine abandoned the traditional red border it uses on its cover. The occasion – to push more global warming alarmism.

The cover of the April 21 issue of Time took the famous Iwo Jima photograph by Joe Rosenthal of the Marines raising the American flag and replaced the flag with a tree. The cover story by Bryan Walsh calls green “the new red, white and blue.”

This is just another example of the rightwing media abusing American traditions in pursuit of profit. It's sad but not unexpected.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Here is the original photo of the first flag raising that day.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/First_Iwo_Jima_Flag_Raising.jpg/220px-First_Iwo_Jima_Flag_Raising.jpg

Wasn't nearly as dramatic as the second, nor did it motivate the troops, who were still being pounded on the beach, like the second one did with the longer pole, and larger flag.

Either way, it is distasteful to liken the carnage that happened during the battle on Iwo Jima to Global Warming.

Nearly 21,000 Japanese soldiers were killed fighting on Iwo Jima, and 6,825 US and Allied forces were killed, as well as 27,909 casualties noted of US and allied forces (primarily Marines and Navy Corpsmen) during the 35 DAY battle. Over 30,000 Marines landed in the first few days.

To equate the theory of Global Warming to the battle of Iwo Jima is a travesty....and the use of the images is just another reason why I won't, don't and cannot support the magazine, it's editor and their blatant disregard for the sacrifices made by US troops during WWII and specifically those young men who's blood turned the water red for nearly 5 weeks in February and March of 1945.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM
BTW....the flag raising happened on the 4th or 5th day of the 35 day battle.....not even close to the finality......if many of the liberal nut jobs had been around then, as now, they would have been hollering for us to pull our troops out, because we had raised the flag, and that indicates (TO THEM) that the battle is over.....and has nothing to do with reality.

typomaniac
04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
BTW....the flag raising happened on the 4th or 5th day of the 35 day battle.....not even close to the finality......if many of the liberal nut jobs had been around then, as now, they would have been hollering for us to pull our troops out, because we had raised the flag, and that indicates (TO THEM) that the battle is over.....and has nothing to do with reality.

Just like that "Mission Accomplished" banner, huh?

Kathianne
04-18-2008, 06:55 PM

Which referred to the ship, not the war. Yep.

typomaniac
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Which referred to the ship, not the war. Yep.

Are you the rightwing version of truthmatters, from a parallel universe? :lol:

Kathianne
04-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Are you the rightwing version of truthmatters, from a parallel universe? :lol:

and you a pimple on reasonable left wings.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow, you really are brilliant. You know exactly what nut jobs and message I referring to......

Had we given up at that point in WWII, we very well could have lost the war. In many historians eyes, it was a turning point, as it was the first time the Imperial Army of Japan had lost a battle that included losing physical territory....and had a devastating blow to the morale of the troops on other islands and also the civilians on thier mainland.

There was a vocal minority (which was not given national or international press in a time of war) that did call for us to quit, in WWII......but just as now, there is too much to lose, and the vocal minority (which does have national and international press coverage now) will continue thier rant, but will not accomplish thier goal of surrender at any cost, thankfully.

typomaniac
04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow, you really are brilliant. You know exactly what nut jobs and message I referring to......Naturally. :)

Had we given up at that point in WWII, we very well could have lost the war. In many historians eyes, it was a turning point, as it was the first time the Imperial Army of Japan had lost a battle that included losing physical territory...What about Guadalcanal and Leyte Island?

There was a vocal minority (which was not given national or international press in a time of war) that did call for us to quit, in WWII......but just as now, there is too much to lose, and the vocal minority (which does have national and international press coverage now) will continue thier rant, but will not accomplish thier goal of surrender at any cost, thankfully.It would admittedly be tough, seeing that there's no one to surrender to...

Yurt
04-18-2008, 09:27 PM
those that believe in the religion of global warming, would never see the insult. and i can see their point. those brave men fought for, not just one leader, one person, but for a way of life, to preserve that way of life and make sure that it continues. those that believe in global warming truly believe that their fight is a fight to preserve our way of life, our life, our world.

even we disagree, i'm not sure they intended to dishonor those men and women who preserved our way of life.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-18-2008, 10:02 PM
What about Guadalcanal and Leyte Island?

If I am not mistaken, Guadalcanal is a part of the Solomon Islands, and not a part of the Japanese Empire (British, I think)

Leyte is, and was a part of the Philippines which was occupied by the Japanese, and another justification for the US to liberate the Philippines from their occupiers.

Iwo Jima (orignally named Iwo To, and since re-named) has always been a part of the Japanese Empire.....thus, the distinction, I had previously made (is that clear)

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
It would admittedly be tough, seeing that there's no one to surrender to...

Many would argue that we (the Amercian people) should surrender to a new administration that thinks we should abandon our efforts to help establish a free Iraq, and not continue to confront radical Islamic fundamentalists who seek to establish a new caliphate.

I do not believe that we have conducted the most efficient policy to clear Iraq of radical Baathists and insurgent fundamentalists who have made thier way from madrassas throughout the Middle East, but I think the overall goal is worthy, and should not be abandoned in Iraq, as well as Afghanistan, and anywhere we find radical fundamentalists threatening the freedoms many take for granted.

stephanie
04-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm glad....I'll be dead to see what our United States will look like in the yr ahead...

We will not be the united people that we once were,yeah for us......we have achieved..............nothing...

If I ever saw a country go back in time.......it makes me cry.....to see us regress.....and at one time we use to "BRAG HOW WE WERE THE GREATEST"..............

Say li vie.........

Good by..........United States of America........:cheers2::salute::bye1:

red states rule
04-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Since when has the liberal media cared about smearing, and usuing the troops as polictical props?

Time Magazine Cover Angers WWII Vets

Environment & The Green Beat

Allen Martin (CBS 5) The raising of the flag on Iwo Jima during World War II is one of the most iconic photos of American History. Now some veterans are furious with Time Magazine for altering that image for a story on global warming.

World War II Vet Al Gentilly and his platoon buddies were on Iwo Jima when the flag went up in 1945. The 84-year-old says he is not against the environment and spends lots of time appreciating nature. But he told CBS 5 the take on the iconic photo is disrespectful.

Our video report has more.
(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs5.com/environment/time.Iwo.Jima.2.702906.html

typomaniac
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Since when has the liberal media cared about smearing, and usuing the troops as polictical props?

"Ditto. How dare they have said anything about Walter Reed?" :lame2:

red states rule
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM

Is that all you have?

WR was promptly fixed, and it showed America what government run health care can be like for everyone

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I must have answered your questions properly, since you have moved on to other issues....

red states rule
04-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I must have answered your questions properly, since you have moved on to other issues....

Desperate people do desperate things. He is grasping at straws since he has been blown out of the water

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 01:29 PM

You did clarify your position on Iwo Jima: thank you.

As far as "confronting" radical Islamic fundamentalists around the world, you're supporting a losing battle. Create more economic opportunities through foreign investment, and disaffected young men will no longer bother with radical fundamentalism.

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Is that all you have?

WR was promptly fixed, and it showed America what government run health care can be like for everyone

Yeah: just keep an eye on it, and it'll work great. :dance:

red states rule
04-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah: just keep an eye on it, and it'll work great. :dance:

Like it is working in England and Canada?:laugh2:

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Like it is working in England and Canada?:laugh2:

If you're not on Medicare, it's only a matter of time before your next treatment claim gets denied.

red states rule
04-20-2008, 01:38 PM
If you're not on Medicare, it's only a matter of time before your next treatment claim gets denied.

I have not had any problems at all with my ins provided by my employer

About $80,000 in claims and not one has been denied. All paid quickly and not one late payment letter

Try again

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I have not had any problems at all with my ins provided by my employer

About $80,000 in claims and not one has been denied. All paid quickly and not one late payment letter

Try again

Oh believe me, they will (your insurer). Applications from "customers" who cost them that much money are gone over with a ridiculously fine-toothed comb. They find the tiniest mistake, and poof, you're canceled. You'll have pre-existing conditions that even you didn't know about! (No smiley here, but it would be funny if it weren't so sad. And so completely unethical.)

red states rule
04-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh believe me, they will (your insurer). Applications from "customers" who cost them that much money are gone over with a ridiculously fine-toothed comb. They find the tiniest mistake, and poof, you're canceled. You'll have pre-existing conditions that even you didn't know about! (No smiley here, but it would be funny if it weren't so sad. And so completely unethical.)

Why do try to discuss things you have no knowledge of? You have the ability to insert your foot in your mouth on a daily basis

Your doom and gloom predictions are based on what? The vocies in your head perhaps?

Being in a group plan they can't cancel me or deny the claims. They have done a fine job, and I have no complaints. Neither does the Dr or the cancer center

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Why do try to discuss things you have no knowledge of? You have the ability to insert your foot in your mouth on a daily basisPot, meet kettle.

Your doom and gloom predictions are based on what? The vocies in your head perhaps?Two things. One's called real life. The other is called the law. You appear to have no knowledge of either.

Being in a group plan they can't cancel me or deny the claims. They have done a fine job, and I have no complaints. Neither does the Dr or the cancer centerThey'll find a way to cancel you if they decide to. Even if it means a "frank discussion" with your employer's benefits coordinator. As disinclined as I am to give you advice, I would certainly advise you not to live in denial about this, of all things.

red states rule
04-20-2008, 03:35 PM
So as usual your assertion is full of if's, maybes, and probablies

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 03:53 PM
So as usual your assertion is full of if's, maybes, and probablies

More than enough to own an article-spammer.

red states rule
04-20-2008, 03:54 PM
More than enough to own an article-spammer.

Only in your little world and opinion

trobinett
04-20-2008, 05:25 PM

It has EVERYTHING to do with it asswipe.

Do you think for one minute, that you can jump in here and disrespect those that have put their lives on the line, and then run for cover when your called for it?

FUCK YOU, and the TRAIN you rode in on.........:finger3:

typomaniac
04-20-2008, 10:49 PM
It has EVERYTHING to do with it asswipe.

Do you think for one minute, that you can jump in here and disrespect those that have put their lives on the line, and then run for cover when your called for it?

FUCK YOU, and the TRAIN you rode in on.........:finger3:

Nobody's run for cover here, except perhaps in your own little world, so fuck you back.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 12:44 PM
At least the Editor at Time admits he does not have to be objective

Time Editor: Objective Journalism a 'Fantasy'; Justifies Greening of Iwo Jima Photo
By Jeff Poor | April 22, 2008 - 11:38 ET

Time magazine Managing Editor Richard Stengel continued to defend the magazine's doctoring of the iconic Iwo Jima flag-raising photo in a speech April 21 - calling it a "point of view." But perhaps one of the most appalling revelations to come out of Stengel's defense of the photo is his idea of the role of objectivity in running a legitimate news magazine.

During his speech at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Miss., part of the third annual Stuart J. Bullion Lecture, Stengel defied the traditional notion that journalists should be unbiased.

"I didn't go to journalism school," Stengel said. "But this notion that journalism is objective, or must be objective is something that has always bothered me - because the notion about objectivity is in some ways a fantasy. I don't know that there is as such a thing as objectivity."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2008/04/22/time-editor-objective-journalism-fantasy-justifies-greening-iwo-jima-phot

typomaniac
04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
At least the Editor at Time admits he does not have to be objective

Time Editor: Objective Journalism a 'Fantasy'; Justifies Greening of Iwo Jima Photo
By Jeff Poor | April 22, 2008 - 11:38 ET

Time magazine Managing Editor Richard Stengel continued to defend the magazine's doctoring of the iconic Iwo Jima flag-raising photo in a speech April 21 - calling it a "point of view."

Of course the artwork is a point of view. Its whole purpose was to grab the readers' attention and get them to think about the issue. Basically it functioned like an editorial cartoon.

Now you expect editorial cartoons to be "objective?"

(Fortunately, no one cares what you expect, because no one takes you seriously.)

red states rule
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Of course the artwork is a point of view. Its whole purpose was to grab the readers' attention and get them to think about the issue. Basically it functioned like an editorial cartoon.

Now you expect editorial cartoons to be "objective?"

(Fortunately, no one cares what you expect, because no one takes you seriously.)

It was intended to push the liberal moonbat fairy tale of global warming.

typomaniac
04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
It was intended to push the liberal moonbat fairy tale of global warming.

This kind of statement shows exactly why no one takes you seriously.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
This kind of statement shows exactly why no one takes you seriously.

Only idiots like you dismiss facts, then go into a state of denial

typomaniac
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Only idiots like you dismiss facts, then go into a state of denial

Stop talking to your reflection in the mirror. :lol:

red states rule
04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Stop talking to your reflection in the mirror. :lol:

You really are a fucking troll who tries to stri up trouble. You get your ass kicked time after time and keep coming back for more

MtnBiker
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
This thread has run its course.