PDA

View Full Version : Obama Shaken, Rattled, and Rolled

red states rule
04-18-2008, 05:02 AM
If there was ever a candidate who reacted to hard questions with the deer in headlights look, it was Barry

He was like a fish out of water in the debate, and could not give any straight answers to questions that went to his judgement

Obama Shaken, Rattled, and Rolled
By Dick Polman

Just how bad was Barack Obama's debate performance last night? Not as bad as Britney Spears' song-and-dance routine at the MTV Awards. Not as bad as Bill Buckner's legendary error during the '86 World Series. Not as bad as Bob Dylan's music during his God phase. Not as bad as John Travolta's Scientology cinema experiment in Battlefield Earth. Not as bad as Mike Dukakis' fateful ride in a military tank.

In other words, Obama could have done worse. Neverthless, if he still harbors any hopes of driving Hillary Clinton from the Democratic race by scoring an upset victory in Pennsylvania, he might be wise to get real. It's hard to imagine that he won over the working-class, culturally-conservative Democrats who constitute the swing vote; if anything, his performance during the first 45 minutes of the debate may well have cemented their suspicions.

Obama's devotees will no doubt complain today that the ABC News inquisitors were grossly unfair, that they focused their fire on Obama while leaving Hillary Clinton relatively unscathed, and that they asked too many dirtball questions at Obama's expense. (George Stephanopoulos to Obama: "Do you think Rev. Wright loves America as much as you do?") Whatever. Whining about the media is the last resort of losers. The bottom line is that Obama didn't successfully adapt to the environment.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/obama_shaken_rattled_and_rolle.html

theHawk
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Maybe if we elect him Prez, he can outlaw "unfair" questions. Then we can all be happy and get along because we won't have to confront any ugly truths.

glockmail
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
....Mike Dukakis' fateful ride in a military tank.... :lol:

Abbey Marie
04-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Let's not forget this one:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/27/28snap_kerry_wideweb__430x309,1.jpg

GW in Ohio
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM
From what I've seen of Obama, he can be a very formidable campaigner, which is how he's gotten to be the Democratic front-runner.

One thing I've noticed about you guys who inhabit the right wing of the political spectrum, you often tend to have a wildly distorted view of things. When seen through your right-wing prism, Obama is the weakest Democratic candidate since Mike Dukakis, and John McCain takes on some of the dimensions of Superman....invincible....all-conquering......

I may be scattering my mustard seeds on barren ground here, but I think you'll find Obama to be a formidable opponent when the rubber hits the road.

And I think you'll find that John McCain has more than a few negatives, most of them inherited from the extremely-unpopular Bush administration.

FSUK
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
From what I've seen of Obama, he can be a very formidable campaigner, which is how he's gotten to be the Democratic front-runner.

One thing I've noticed about you guys who inhabit the right wing of the political spectrum, you often tend to have a wildly distorted view of things. When seen through your right-wing prism, Obama is the weakest Democratic candidate since Mike Dukakis, and John McCain takes on some of the dimensions of Superman....invincible....all-conquering......

I may be scattering my mustard seeds on barren ground here, but I think you'll find Obama to be a formidable opponent when the rubber hits the road.

And I think you'll find that John McCain has more than a few negatives, most of them inherited from the extremely-unpopular Bush administration.

well said!

red states rule
04-19-2008, 05:43 AM

Is it was outragous for Barry Obama to be asked questions that call into question his judgement? Libs told us with Clinton character does not matter

When asked these questions, Barry stumbled, bumbled, and got the deer in the headlights look

So what is he sat in a Church for 20 years and listed to a USA hating black racist?

So what is he is friend with a terrorists that bombed the US capital, the Pentagon, NY Police stations, and people died in those bombing?

So what if Ayears bellowed he wished he could have done more?

Liberals have no problem with calling into question Pres Bush's and VP VP Cheneny's friends - but Barry is off limits

Barry said he would not raise taxes on anyone makeing less then $200,000

Then he says we wants to nearly double the capital gains tax. That will hit anyone with a 401K Mike

Then he said how he wants to lift the cap on Social Security. That wil hit anyone who makes over $92,000 (approx)

Poor Barry, looks like he is not the Mesiah.