PDA

View Full Version : Some of my favorite photographs

Sitarro
04-18-2008, 07:01 AM
These shots were taken with 7 year old technology, 4 mega pixel, if that much. Just thought I would share them with you guys. The slide show works really well, the button is on the right side of the page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792191@N06/page1/

Dilloduck
04-18-2008, 07:19 AM
great stuff --thanks ! :salute:

diuretic
04-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Stunning photos there, superb quality. Thank you for sharing. I loved the ballet of the white horses.

Nukeman
04-18-2008, 07:54 AM
These shots were taken with 7 year old technology, 4 mega pixel, if that much. Just thought I would share them with you guys. The slide show works really well, the button is on the right side of the page.

I really liked The Artist's Pallet. Great shot! :clap:

Abbey Marie
04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
That frog pic was amazing. :clap:

I also loved the first picture of the golf course along the ocean- I think you once said that was in Ireland. So evocative!

jackass
04-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Really great pics!:clap:

Sitarro
04-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks you guys, your comments mean a lot to me.

Sitarro
04-18-2008, 11:39 PM
That frog pic was amazing. :clap:

I also loved the first picture of the golf course along the ocean- I think you once said that was in Ireland. So evocative!

That little guy was about to be murdered by a cat in my driveway when I drove up. I grabbed him and put him in a Norfolk Pine on my porch. He stayed so I ran in and got my camera, set it on macro, put up the flash and shot a bunch of pics. He stayed put. The old camera has digital lag and it caused me to miss a great shot I saw in the view finder. The frog yawned with his mouth opened as wide as my black cat Felix, I hit the shutter button and nothing. When it finally fired he had already closed his mouth...... I was a bit pissed but got over it when I saw this one.

I loved being in Ireland except that September 11th happened 3 days after I got there, the World Trade Center shot was taken on the way there on September 7th...... I got to Ireland on the morning of the 8th.

krisy
04-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Those are really great,Sitarro,just beautiful. My favs are the cat pics and the sunset. :clap:

Pale Rider
04-23-2008, 05:58 AM

Nice pics! Love the Black Bird.

Sitarro
04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Nice pics! Love the Black Bird.

Thanks Pale,
I was sitting in a Starbucks parking lot, in my truck, right after my first MRI and he flew up and landed just above eye level. He's a Boat-Tailed Gackle, beautiful male that was in full mating display trying his best to pick up a chick with his song. I was able to shoot a few and that was my favorite. We have millions down here that shit all over your vehicle when you go to the store.:laugh2:

Pale Rider
04-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks Pale,
I was sitting in a Starbucks parking lot, in my truck, right after my first MRI and he flew up and landed just above eye level. He's a Boat-Tailed Gackle, beautiful male that was in full mating display trying his best to pick up a chick with his song. I was able to shoot a few and that was my favorite. We have millions down here that shit all over your vehicle when you go to the store.:laugh2:

What I'd like to know is how you get your cat to sit still and look at you so you can take a picture of him/her. My old guy, I have to trick him into to looking at the camera, and then he just glances and looks away. I think he expects a flash and he doesn't like that. But I'd love to take a "portrait" shot of my buddy like you have yours, to have for posterity.

Sitarro
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
What I'd like to know is how you get your cat to sit still and look at you so you can take a picture of him/her. My old guy, I have to trick him into to looking at the camera, and then he just glances and looks away. I think he expects a flash and he doesn't like that. But I'd love to take a "portrait" shot of my buddy like you have yours, to have for posterity.

He is a ham, he seems to like to get his picture taken. The more you shoot the better, he might get used to it. Most of those shots are taken under my desk lamps when he gets up there to be near me when I'm on the computer. I try not to use a flash, their eyes react so quickly that you either get the tiny slits for pupils or closed. I usually shoot at a slower speed and shoot a lot to get one good one.

Thomas Mangelson, the photographer that shoots polar bears, said that he shoots 10,000 images for every print he makes..... he might have been exaggerating a bit but it does work. When I was shooting film, I figured that if I got one great shot out of a roll I was doing good. Take a look at his site...... http://www.mangelsen.com/store/catalog?Args=

Yurt
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
amazing pics, truly has the "awe" factor. my favorite is the golf course south of denver, very cool and caused me to look into the picture for a few moments, inspiring.