PDA

View Full Version : Gangs what did your community do to fight them?

KarlMarx
02-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Believe it or not, Endicott has a gang problem. Most of the members of local gangs are either in the Crips or the Bloods.

I've read emails and letters to the editor in our local paper that offer solutions ranging from education to regulating local housing. I'm not quite convinced that those ideas are very effective.

I'd like to ask any of you out there if your communities had a similar problem and what you're doing to fight it.

Nienna
02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
We had this really hardcore gang around here. Morning after morning, people were waking up to find in their yards-- cows, tipped over and trussed up with tobacco leaves stuck out their mouths. The community leaders held a secret meeting. We put everyone's cows In Junior Bardwell's pasture. All the men took shifts through the night, laying low with their shotguns. When the thugs came after our cows, the men surrounded them and trussed THEM up. Didn't waste any tobacco on them, though. Left 'em there for a week. After that, no more troubles with cows.

:D

Nienna
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Honestly, I have heard that religious programs-- basketball, after school, etc, affiliated with churches... are effective in combating gang growth.

shattered
02-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Luckily, where I live, we don't have any gangs.. If you see a cop sitting on the side of the road, odds are pretty good he's just eating his lunch, and waiting to pull someone over for "approaching inappropriate speeds" (this means 28 in a 25), and a "you didn't stay stopped at the stop sign for quite long enough - be more careful of that in the future".

Gaffer
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Gangs are in every major city and every medium ciry as well. You won'r stop gangs with church programs and sports alone. It takes a crackdown by the local police, and a number of things most liberals will have a hissy fit about. Such as outlawing gang membership.

Another problem is the gang enablers that get elected to the city councils. These are the political arm of the local thugs and will use anything they can to get leaniancy for their boys. These types are anti-police and anti-enforcement of gang related laws.They play the race card repeatedly. They often use race to get elected. And the important thing is these thug enablers are ALWAYS democrats.

Hobbit
02-27-2007, 01:13 PM
The second ammendment is a pretty good deterrant around here. While Fulton County may be a gang haven, thanks to the race-baiters, cops in the rest of Georgia don't screw around with gangs. Some Katrina leeches tried to bring their gang problems to my county. They went to a local hotel to try to murder some people who crossed them and was messing around in 'their territory.' By the time the 12 police cruisers arrived at the scene, four thugs were dead and seven were injured by gunfire from other hotel guests who had concealed carry permits or were going hunting in the morning. No gang has since tried to pull anything in Hall County. Although there are still a couple of Mexican gangs in town, they're mostly harmless because they have to be to survive.

Norse_soul
02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
not much of a problem in Reno. Open carry state. But I think that will soon change because they just passed a law that you can no longer carry a weapon on your hip within city limits...bullshit! All it does is give criminals a higher safety zone to operate in. If they aren't scared of people armed against them it only gives them more opprotunity. So we'll se how the next year goes...I'm getting my CCW very soon now. My trigger finger is always itching.