PDA

View Full Version : Another: "The FBI Has Ruled Out Terrorism"

Kathianne
04-19-2008, 07:07 AM
This would be an interesting story, even if they didn't recover the stolen car, which now had Iraqi cash and an IED in it.

Guy in NM is filling up his motorcycle, when the car he reported stolen the week before pulls up in the same station, police are called and there is the Iraqi currency and an IED in the car. No terrorism, right.

Video at site:

http://kob.com/article/stories/S389767.shtml?cat=517

Posted at: 03/25/2008 08:29:26 AM
By: Jeff Maher, Eyewitness News 4, and Reed Upton, KOB.com
Bomb, Iraqi currency lure FBI into stolen-car case

The FBI is now involved in the theft of a car after it was found in Los Lunas with an explosive device and Iraqi currency inside

FBI agents say that they have ruled out terrorism

The car was reported stolen last week. After the theft, the car’s owner was fueling his motorcycle when he spotted his stolen car.

“While he was refueling his motorcycle, low and behold, the vehicle that he had reported stolen that belongs to him happened to pull into the gas station area also,” said Los Lunas Police Captain Charles Nuanes.

The car’s owner pulled the keys out of the ignition of his stolen car and the people in the car fled.

When police arrived, they found the explosive device and less than $1,000 worth of Iraqi cash.

“We don’t know what their intentions were,” said Nuanes. “We don’t know what they were planning on doing with any of this.”

Police suspect Toby Jaramillo, who is well known to Valencia County law enforcement, was behind the car’s theft. He’s in jail charged with stealing another car.

theHawk
04-19-2008, 08:41 AM
What the fuck....

Kathianne
04-19-2008, 08:57 AM
What the fuck....

Oh there are a bunch of these stories. My brother sits on the Midwest Response terrorism team and I asked him why all these incidents are so quickly labeled, 'not considered a terrorism threat' by the FBI. He said he doesn't know the exact thinking, but assumes it has to do with not wanting to release any information that might come from saying an incident might indeed be a terrorism threat. It prevents copycats, etc.

While this particular incident was serendipitous, (I think I'm channeling Obama's vocabulary), most are not. I wonder why the government isn't using at least some of them to illustrate how they are protecting us?

Abbey Marie
04-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I guess it's not a question of "if", but "when" it happens.

Gaffer
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
As I have said many times. There's lots going on that is not getting reported. The government doesn't want us to know that there are terror cells operating daily in this country. You would think they would be tooting their horn about these. The only reason I can come up with is they don't want panic and people attacking innocent people because they think they might be muslims. They continually play don't the muslim angles of these events. But then we also need to consider all the homeland security people and federal judges who rub elbows with hezbo and hamas members who are here in the US, not to mention congress people who get donations from them.