PDA

View Full Version : can we afford to continue the war in iraq

actsnoblemartin
04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Disclaimer: I support killing islamic terrorists, but im worried if we can economically afford this much longer

I am not economist so i want your opinion

Psychoblues
04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I've got a better question, martin. Could we afford to start the war on Iraq and how can we continue to afford it's consequenses?

Disclaimer: I support killing islamic terrorists, but im worried if we can economically afford this much longer

I am not economist so i want your opinion

It doesn't take and economist to figure that one out.

actsnoblemartin
04-23-2008, 09:27 PM
well your talking about a 5 year span, almost 6 if you count the run up to iraq.

At the time in 2002, we were told, it would cost only a fraction of what it is costing us.

I and you, and all americans were told it would be a cakewalk, I believe war with iran, in some way, is possible.

Because, we cant have a country that can nuke not only israel but all its middle east neighbors.

I dont know if we can continue, the consequences are both unintended, and intended.

we got rid of saddam, we are trying to rebuild iraq, both a consequence.

we didnt expect the un-intended consequences of al queda in iraq, and a possible civil war.

The question is, what will be the consequences if we leave, or continue to stay both economically, in terms of casulties, both now, and after we were to leave.

I think its such a tough question.

My stance is, I think it was noble to overthrow a man who killed and raped over 300-400 thousand of his own people, but we should not have done it alone.

second, i would say... I have reservations, and doubts we can continue to pay for this.

So im kinda in the middle, yeah i like killing terrorists, but at what cost.

and then fuck what if we leave.

its a really tough question for me, and im confused on it.

Im glad you said something, i wrote this for an honest open debate, and youre the only one with the courage to tackle it

I've got a better question, martin. Could we afford to start the war on Iraq and how can we continue to afford it's consequenses?

It doesn't take and economist to figure that one out.

Psychoblues
04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
You like to repeat a lot of crap that you have heard without regard to the crap your own leaders have leashed on the world population. Life is complicated. Even though I have been complicit in the past doesn't mean I will be so in the future. Ignorance is my only defense. What is your's?

stang56k
04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Of course we can afford it... We will just borrow another $200,000,000,000 from China it's all cool. :coffee: