PDA

View Full Version : Raised on welfare, the 'Why Bother?' generation that doesn't want to work

stephanie
04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Hummmm?

By BENEDICT BROGAN - More by this author »

Last updated at 00:39am on 21st April 2008

Comments (15)

A "why bother?" economy has been created in Britain which has left thousands with no motivation to work, a report published today concludes.

Successive governments have encouraged a welfare culture that has left every family facing a £1,300 bill because the poor stay poor, it claims.

The findings by the public services think tank Reform suggest that increased welfare dependency has made it more difficult for those on the lowest incomes to do better.

Jean Thompson, right, with son Steven and granddaughter Jessica: All ten members of her family share a three-bedroom council house and have never worked

Meet the families where no one's worked for THREE generations - and they don't care

An education system with a "dismal record" of educating the poorest, and a complex welfare system, have together created a far more divided society than other European countries, it finds.

Means-tested benefits and higher taxes have reduced the incentives available to those on low incomes to better themselves, Reform says.

It concludes: "The unintended consequence has been a 'why bother?' economy in which a significant minority do not have the capability or motivation to succeed."

read the rest and comments..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=560939&in_page_id=1770

theHawk
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Of course laziness is a result of a welfare state.

My Winter Storm
04-22-2008, 03:44 AM
Guess what I think should happen to these lazy little shits?

Get off your fucking arses and get a fucking job, or we'll turf you out on the fucking street, and you can sleep under a fucking caredboard box until you get off your lazy fat butts and go out and look for work.

These people need motivation, and the threat of being booted out of home will probably work.

Noir
04-22-2008, 04:05 AM
The welfare state is a joke, not sure about the US, but over here its a mess, one woman i know has never worked a day in her life, gets her house paid for her, her car paid for her and over £200 per week...to do...nothing, she has 4 kids and that’s enough, she's constantly spending money on new clothes and phones and hi-tec products, it really does piss me of something shocking to know i have worked more than she ever will but that she doesn't have to.

I think they should bring back food stamps in Britain. Why give someone money when they can just spent it on whatever they want. By giving food stamps, fuel stamps ect you can regulate what they spend on what, you can also give them a small luxury budget, the key being the word small, and if they don't like it? They can go work, and contribute to society rather than just taking from it.

My Winter Storm
04-24-2008, 01:06 AM
^ When you have the Baby bonus being used by teenagers to collect money to buy ciggarrettes, you have a problem. Not sure if the UK has such a thing, but we have it here, about $5000 for each baby born and half the time it goes on a holiday or a plasma screen TV. People even disagree with getting it in instalments, or something like vouchers so the money is spent on the baby, as it should be.
For some, the BB is simply a way of living. Broke? No problem, just have yet another baby...

Trigg
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
You people just don't care about the disadvantaged minorities who've been taken advantage of by whites. They shouldn't have to be made to feel bad about themselves because they can't work. You people are heartless racists.

I noticed the board libs hadn't gotten to this thread yet, I didn't want their perspective to be ignored.

Said1
04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
^ When you have the Baby bonus being used by teenagers to collect money to buy ciggarrettes, you have a problem. Not sure if the UK has such a thing, but we have it here, about $5000 for each baby born and half the time it goes on a holiday or a plasma screen TV. People even disagree with getting it in instalments, or something like vouchers so the money is spent on the baby, as it should be.
For some, the BB is simply a way of living. Broke? No problem, just have yet another baby...

I for one NEED my monthly child tax credit. It pays for the little extras that make our lives easier and funner. No, I don't always spend every penny on my daughter, directly -I might eat some of the food I buy with it, feed the dog or go to the dentist. Either way, I'm employed and I pay taxes - I use other means of income to support my daughter through outt the month. People with children get more back at the end of the year anyway, only here, it's returned in monthly increments.

04-27-2008, 05:32 PM
we will see the collapse of western civilization if this attitude keeps up.

Missileman
04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I for one NEED my monthly child tax credit. It pays for the little extras that make our lives easier and funner. No, I don't always spend every penny on my daughter, directly -I might eat some of the food I buy with it, feed the dog or go to the dentist. Either way, I'm employed and I pay taxes - I use other means of income to support my daughter through outt the month. People with children get more back at the end of the year anyway, only here, it's returned in monthly increments.

I don't know anyone who opposes helping out peolpe who a trying to make it but can't by themselves. The leeches who are content to sit on their ass and live off my sweat are the ones I'd just as soon see starve to death on the street.

Said1
04-27-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't know anyone who opposes helping out peolpe who a trying to make it but can't by themselves. The leeches who are content to sit on their ass and live off my sweat are the ones I'd just as soon see starve to death on the street.

Can't aruge with that. What lots of people don't tend to realize is that the 'baby bonus' is actually a tax refund, dolled out in monthly increments instead of at the end of the year when you would normally get a refund. For those who have paid taxes, that is!