PDA

View Full Version : election time

04-22-2008, 05:36 AM
going to the polls in half an hour. I am actually working them today. But the cool part is i also get to vote for myself. just a local position that probably isnt that important in the long run. But hey i never ran for school politics. this is the first time ive ever been on a ballot (i was never popular enough to even get on a "most likely to" ballot).

So yes the world is coming to an end when I get to vote for myself.

Gaffer
04-22-2008, 06:10 AM
Sheesh, another lawyer politician.:poke:

Hope you win.

mundame
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Good luck, Avatar!!

Pale Rider
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
going to the polls in half an hour. I am actually working them today. But the cool part is i also get to vote for myself. just a local position that probably isnt that important in the long run. But hey i never ran for school politics. this is the first time ive ever been on a ballot (i was never popular enough to even get on a "most likely to" ballot).

I'd vote for ya avatar... :coffee:

Pale Rider
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Well... looks like the racist got his ass kicked in Penn. Must have lost the bitter, clinging to their guns and religon, whitey vote.

CockySOB
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Not only did Clinton beat Obama in Pennsylvania, bu with 85% of precincts in, she has her double-digit lead over Obama. No telling if she'll have it when 100% are in, but this was clearly a win for Clinton, and a strong enough win to give the super-delegates pause to think.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Not only did Clinton beat Obama in Pennsylvania, bu with 85% of precincts in, she has her double-digit lead over Obama. No telling if she'll have it when 100% are in, but this was clearly a win for Clinton, and a strong enough win to give the super-delegates pause to think.

and people laughed at Operation Chaos

Now who is laughing?

I know alot of bitter people are tonight

CockySOB
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
and people laughed at Operation Chaos

Now who is laughing?

I know alot of bitter people are tonight

I'm not convinced Operation Chaos had much to do with it. I think this is the effect of a pompous rookie Senator with grandiose aspirations finding out what professional politics is all about.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm not convinced Operation Chaos had much to do with it. I think this is the effect of a pompous rookie Senator with grandiose aspirations finding out what professional politics is all about.

I believe a couple hunrderd thousand Republicans changed party with about 2 weeks

I do not buy all of a sudden that many Rpeublicans fell in love woth Hillary or Barry

Sitarro
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Clinton gave a career speech tonight, she is definitely not going anywhere and has made it look even more possible that she could take the nomination from Obamessiah. We know what happens if that happens, a majority of the people that might have finally gotten off their ass and actually participated in politics will stay at home on the porch with a semi chilled "40" and a pack of KOOLs.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hope you did well avatar!:salute:

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Clinton gave a career speech tonight, she is definitely not going anywhere and has made it look even more possible that she could take the nomination from Obamessiah. We know what happens if that happens, a majority of the people that might have finally gotten off their ass and actually participated in politics will stay at home on the porch with a semi chilled "40" and a pack of KOOLs.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

At Obama 08, this is what you can hear if you listen close

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside, learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

CockySOB
04-22-2008, 10:34 PM
I believe a couple hunrderd thousand Republicans changed party with about 2 weeks

I do not buy all of a sudden that many Rpeublicans fell in love woth Hillary or Barry

As I mentioned in another thread, I believe Obama's statements in San Francisco caused about a 4 point shift from Obama to Clinton. Obama and Clinton are close on most of their economic policies - close enough that the issue is a non-issue for the primary.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:36 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I believe Obama's statements in San Francisco caused about a 4 point shift from Obama to Clinton. Obama and Clinton are close on most of their economic policies - close enough that the issue is a non-issue for the primary.

We will see over the next several weeks how many Dems switch to the Republican party

I am sure that story wil not be reported in the liberal media

I am convinced Operation Chaos played a huge role in Barry's huge loss

Sitarro
04-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Depending on who you listen to, Obamessiah outspent Hillary either by 2 or 3 times and still had his ass handed to him, that is significant.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Depending on who you listen to, Obamessiah outspent Hillary either by 2 or 3 times and still had his ass handed to him, that is significant.

It is wonderful

Over at LSDNBC, Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite were on the verge of tears :laugh2:

Sitarro
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
It is wonderful

Over at LSDNBC, Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite were on the verge of tears :laugh2:
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::clap::clap::clap:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 05:39 AM
At the end of their Barry death watch last night, Chris and Keith played the race card

Matthews: Will NC GOP Run 'Overtly Racist' Campaign vs. Obama?
By Brad Wilmouth | April 23, 2008 - 04:56 ET

During MSNBC's live coverage of Pennsylvania's Democratic presidential primary, co-anchor Chris Matthews brought up the possibility that the North Carolina Republican Party would run an "overtly racist" campaign against Barack Obama, as the MSNBC host harkened back to the days of Jesse Helms and Harvey Gantt. Matthews: "North Carolina will be interesting, and I think that if the Republican Party goes back to the old trick it did with the days of Jesse Helms and Harvey Gantt and running a campaign which is overtly racist, I think that will be a mistake if they do that. I'll wait and see if they do that." (Transcript follows)

After referring to Obama's relationship with the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, co-anchor Keith Olbermann brought up the possibility that John McCain could also be attacked for connections with controversial people: "There is a lot that could be thrown at the Republicans by the Democrats and the past associations of Senator McCain, or even some of the current ones."

Fearing the worst, Matthews continued: "I hope we don't see this kind of thing because this campaign involves a woman, an African-American, and a white American. And the choices among those three should be based on character and ability and the best interests of this country, and we can still get that kind of a campaign done by the end of this year. We can do this. We can do this."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/04/23/matthews-raises-possibilty-overtly-racist-campaign-vs-obama-nc-republ

Kathianne
04-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey RSR,
glad to see you on. I was afraid that voting yesterday may have made you sick. :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Hey RSR,
glad to see you on. I was afraid that voting yesterday may have made you sick. :laugh2:

Good mroning Kathianne

After voting for - gag, choke, puke - Hillary; I made a dash to the Courthouse to switch back to Republican from Democrat

I started to crave latees, and tofu

I made in just before I bought a hybrid

They wwere the only side effects I suffered from after being a Dem for one day

Kathianne
04-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Good mroning Kathianne

After voting for - gag, choke, puke - Hillary; I made a dash to the Courthouse to switch back to Republican from Democrat

I started to crave latees, and tofu

I made in just before I bought a hybrid

They wwere the only side effects I suffered from after being a Dem for one day

Well done, I'm off to school. Have a good one and burn that other card!

red states rule
04-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Well done, I'm off to school. Have a good one and burn that other card!

I ripped it into little pieces

Have a great day

04-23-2008, 07:27 AM
i won with 137 votes.. not that its a surprise. i could have won with 1.

As for Obama/Clinton. I dont know what happened elsewhere but she has over twice as many votes in my precinct. i didnt see an Obama campaigner at all that day.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:29 AM
i won with 137 votes.. not that its a surprise. i could have won with 1.

As for Obama/Clinton. I dont know what happened elsewhere but she has over twice as many votes in my precinct. i didnt see an Obama campaigner at all that day.

Congrats on your win

What is next on your list?

Governor?