PDA

View Full Version : A measure of racism: 15 percent?

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, the liberal media is starting to play the race card on behalf of Barry. Should Hillary win big in PA tonihgt, I can see Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite on LSDNBC blaiming the white racists in PA for Obama's loss

A measure of racism: 15 percent?

was talking the other day to a prominent Republican who asked me what I thought John McCain’s strongest issues would be in the general election.

Lower taxes and the argument he will be better able to protect America from its enemies, I said.

Republicans have a pretty good track record with those two.

The Republican shook his head. “You’re missing the most important one,” he said. “Race. McCain runs against Barack Obama and the race vote is worth maybe 15 percent to McCain.”

The man I was talking to is not a racist; he was just stating what he believes to be a fact: There is a percentage of the American electorate who will simply not vote for a black person no matter what his qualities or qualifications.

How big is that percentage? An AP-Yahoo poll conducted April 2-14 found that “about 8 percent of whites would be uncomfortable voting for a black for president.”

for the complete article

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9761.html

mundame
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
The Republican shook his head. “You’re missing the most important one,” he said. “Race. McCain runs against Barack Obama and the race vote is worth maybe 15 percent to McCain.”

The man I was talking to is not a racist; he was just stating what he believes to be a fact: There is a percentage of the American electorate who will simply not vote for a black person no matter what his qualities or qualifications.

How big is that percentage? An AP-Yahoo poll conducted April 2-14 found that “about 8 percent of whites would be uncomfortable voting for a black for president.”

Sure. And that is even with an "acceptable" Republican-type black like Colin Powell or Condaleeza Rice or Michael Steele of Maryland. With a black such as Obalama who has a LOT of serious anti-white racist issues himself? The percent of "fuggedaboutit" voters will be on the higher side, at LEAST 15%, I'd say.

There are serious "issues" about blacks -- the crime, the affirmative action preferences, the drugs, the violent and disgusting rap, etc., etc. Blacks haven't resolved them, are even making them worse in the eyes of whites with the double-standard racist talk by such people as Wright and Sharpton though whites have to be oh-so-PC. People resent this and many won't vote for a black until these problems are repaired, IMO.

It's not about qualifications. It's about being forced to pretend blacks are normal when everyone knows they too often do not conform to the norms of white society.

Nukeman
04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
That may be but the blacks in this country MORE than make up for that 15%. Just look at how they are voting in the primary. 85% of blacks vote for Obama (because he is BLACK), if they were actually voting on the issues instead of race they would be more evenly split.

We never hear of this side of the race issue how blacks will disproportionatley vote for a black candidate...:poke:

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Sure. And that is even with an "acceptable" Republican-type black like Colin Powell or Condaleeza Rice or Michael Steele of Maryland. With a black such as Obalama who has a LOT of serious anti-white racist issues himself? The percent of "fuggedaboutit" voters will be on the higher side, at LEAST 15%, I'd say.

There are serious "issues" about blacks -- the crime, the affirmative action preferences, the drugs, the violent and disgusting rap, etc., etc. Blacks haven't resolved them, are even making them worse in the eyes of whites with the double-standard racist talk by such people as Wright and Sharpton though whites have to be oh-so-PC. People resent this and many won't vote for a black until these problems are repaired, IMO.

It's not about qualifications. It's about being forced to pretend blacks are normal when everyone knows they too often do not conform to the norms of white society.

Bottom line is, if you not vote for the black liberal you are a racist

If you do not vote for the black conservative - you are a smart and patriotic American

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Here is one example (I have more) of the liberal media playing the race card on Barry's behalf

ABC's Cuomo Again Frets About Racist American Voters
By Scott Whitlock | January 2, 2008 - 13:15 ET

For the second time in less than a month, "Good Morning America" co-host Chris Cuomo asked a Democratic presidential candidate to speculate about the inherent racism of American voters. Talking with John Edwards on Wednesday's edition of the program, the ABC journalist wondered about Thursday's Iowa caucus. He inquired, "When you think people get into the room, do you think race or gender may play an unspoken role in the caucus voting?"

Clearly, this is a topic that weighs heavily on Cuomo. On December 20, he spoke to Senator Barack Obama and asked, "What do you think the bigger obstacle is for you in becoming president, the Clinton campaign machine or America's inherent racists, racism?" In fact, GMA has a long history of harping on how bigoted America is. Since November 13, 2006, "Good Morning America" has featured the question, in some form or another, a total of five times.
On November 13 of '06, co-host Diane Sawyer asked Obama if America is "secretly...more racist or more sexist?" She repeated the question a day later, this time to liberal New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. On February 16, 2007, the ABC anchor introduced a report on the same subject by darkly speculating on "what Americans really feel inside."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2008/01/02/cuomo-again-frets-about-racist-american-voters

mundame
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
For the second time in less than a month, "Good Morning America" co-host Chris Cuomo asked a Democratic presidential candidate to speculate about the inherent racism of American voters. Talking with John Edwards on Wednesday's edition of the program, the ABC journalist wondered about Thursday's Iowa caucus. He inquired, "When you think people get into the room, do you think race or gender may play an unspoken role in the caucus voting?"

I find it quite refreshing, actually, that people are finally talking openly about race. For so long whites at least were supposed to pretend there IS no such thing as race, and never mention it.

It's a good idea, what Cuomo is doing, I think --- openly say it's a factor.

Because it is, on both sides, and there are reasons for that which ought to be discussed.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I find it quite refreshing, actually, that people are finally talking openly about race. For so long whites at least were supposed to pretend there IS no such thing as race, and never mention it.

It's a good idea, what Cuomo is doing, I think --- openly say it's a factor.

Because it is, on both sides, and there are reasons for that which ought to be discussed.

Got this is an email from a friend of mine

COMMUNITY NEWS: Rev. Jeremiah Wright & Rev. James Meeks will be presiding over the burial of the presidential aspirations of Barack Obama. Interdenominational assistance provided by Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan who will be returning from Libya to assist.

Funeral Service to be held: Tuesday, April 22nd, Pennsylvania.

Obama campaign operatives are expected to insist Michele Obama practice campaign Suttee.

Chief mourners: Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann. Tim Russert and Anderson Cooper, Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to www.hillaryclinton.com

mundame
04-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Got this is an email from a friend of mine

COMMUNITY NEWS: Rev. Jeremiah Wright & Rev. James Meeks will be presiding over the burial of the presidential aspirations of Barack Obama. Interdenominational assistance provided by Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan who will be returning from Libya to assist.

Funeral Service to be held: Tuesday, April 22nd, Pennsylvania.

Obama campaign operatives are expected to insist Michele Obama practice campaign Suttee.

Chief mourners: Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann. Tim Russert and Anderson Cooper, Nancy Pelosi and Howard Dean.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to www.hillaryclinton.com (http://www.hillaryclinton.com)

Works for me.............................should be an interesting evening watching the election returns.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Works for me.............................should be an interesting evening watching the election returns.

The liberal "reporters" who are in the tank for Barry better have some Kleenex handy :laugh2:

Trigg
04-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Actually I think this article says it all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/us/politics/22age.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=politics&adxnnlx=1208872854-BF9lXmqfHvmD472ah6awZg&pagewanted=print

In a campaign where demographics seem to be destiny, one of the most striking factors is the segregation of voters by age. In state after state, older voters have formed a core constituency for Mrs. Clinton, who is 60, while younger voters have coalesced around Mr. Obama, who is 46. Age has been one of the most consistent indicators of how someone might vote — more than sex, more than income, more than education. Only race is a stronger predictor of voting than age, and then only if a voter is black, not if he or she is white.

Racism?? You betcha, but not from whites.

theHawk
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/22/us/politics/22age.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=politics&adxnnlx=1208872854-BF9lXmqfHvmD472ah6awZg&pagewanted=print

And just think, after Barry comes stumbling and bumbling out of the convention the deflated nominee, all those elderly votes Hillary has will flock to McCain.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 04:31 PM
And just think, after Barry comes stumbling and bumbling out of the convention the deflated nominee, all those elderly votes Hillary has will flock to McCain.

Would you call that the "Cane Mutiny"?

midcan5
04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, the liberal media is starting to play the race card on behalf of Barry. Should Hillary win big in PA tonihgt, I can see Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite on LSDNBC blaiming the white racists in PA for Obama's loss

was talking the other day to a prominent Republican who asked me what I thought John McCain’s strongest issues would be in the general election.

Lower taxes and the argument he will be better able to protect America from its enemies, I said.

Republicans have a pretty good track record with those two.

This white boy from PA voted for Obama today. 15% of the 15% who would vote for McSame anyway is zero gain.

And didn't Reagan raise taxes like crazy to try to repair his earlier mistakes? Hardly a republican accomplishment in my book.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
This white boy from PA voted for Obama today. 15% of the 15% who would vote for McSame anyway is zero gain.

And didn't Reagan raise taxes like crazy to try to repair his earlier mistakes? Hardly a republican accomplishment in my book.

We will know I a few hours how badly Bary loses yet another "big state"

While Ronald Reagan cut taxes that lit a fire under the US economy, he made a deal with Dems to cut spending in exchange for some higher taxes

As usual, Dems lied and did not cut spending

The Reagan tax cuts gave us the greatest period of economic growth in peace time history

midcan5
04-22-2008, 08:24 PM
As usual, Dems lied and did not cut spending

The Reagan tax cuts gave us the greatest period of economic growth in peace time history

Damn that is old, it is always someone's else fault. Even 911 happened on a republican's watch - your second positive above. Show me proof of Reagan growth.

And for those interested in a balanced view of the economy in America, this piece is pretty good.

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/oecon/chap3.htm

red states rule
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Damn that is old, it is always someone's else fault. Even 911 happened on a republican's watch - your second positive above. Show me proof of Reagan growth.

And for those interested in a balanced view of the economy in America, this piece is pretty good.

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/oecon/chap3.htm

They did lie to Pres Reagan. No spending cuts as they promsied

But as it always happens, the tax cuts double revenues to the government during Pres Reagan's 8 years to over $1 trillion

glockmail
04-22-2008, 08:27 PM

Exit polling in PA shows 92% of blacks voted for Obama. Among whites, 60% voted for Hillary. Yup: blacks are racist.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Exit polling in PA shows 92% of blacks voted for Obama. Among whites, 60% voted for Hillary. Yup: blacks are racist.

and it was the bitterelderly white racists that handed Barry his ass in PA

Yurt
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM

typical racist dems...its why they are so desperate, like mfm, to call anyone who disagrees with them racists

mfm and the dems would be frothing at the mouth if 92% of whites voted for hillary

red states rule
04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
typical racist dems...its why they are so desperate, like mfm, to call anyone who disagrees with them racists

mfm and the dems would be frothing at the mouth if 92% of whites voted for hillary

Dems are able to play both the race card and the sexist card in the same election

mundame
04-23-2008, 11:11 AM

Last night on Fox Michael Steele said he discounted fully 20% of his alleged base as a Republican in his run in Maryland for racism (by whites --- he didn't mention the issue that blacks would have voted FOR him).

I was a little annoyed because I had planned to vote for Michael Steele -- I've heard him speak at a Republican fundraiser and he's good -- until this 2006 rebellion against the GOP happened and we all supposed we could vote the Dems in and the war out. So I only voted for one Republican! (Gov. Ehrlich, who lost to a Dem who is raising taxes so high that there are frequent protests all across the country at the precedent he is setting, such as in the Wall Street Journal. Sigh.)

So I think Michael Steele didn't get hit by racism AT ALL, but by the tsunami of voters' anger at this war and hope (now dashed) that the Dems would stop it.

Silly man. But he's got a future. He certainly seems more sensible to me than that Obama!

You are making a good point, Glockmail. Last night lots of talk on Fox about "racism" voting, people who "weren't comfortable voting for any black --------------- but not a word, not ONE WORD, about the 92% black vote for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, it's this terrible double standard. Whites are supposed to be pure as the driven snow and never even notice there is such a thing as race, but it's okay if blacks express any amount of hostile, aggressive racism. And never mention on TV that blacks vote mainly for a black? But whites aren't supposed to do that.

What?? http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/lookaroundlightblue.gif

red states rule
04-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Last night on Fox Michael Steele said he discounted fully 20% of his alleged base as a Republican in his run in Maryland for racism (by whites --- he didn't mention the issue that blacks would have voted FOR him).

I was a little annoyed because I had planned to vote for Michael Steele -- I've heard him speak at a Republican fundraiser and he's good -- until this 2006 rebellion against the GOP happened and we all supposed we could vote the Dems in and the war out. So I only voted for one Republican! (Gov. Ehrlich, who lost to a Dem who is raising taxes so high that there are frequent protests all across the country at the precedent he is setting, such as in the Wall Street Journal. Sigh.)

So I think Michael Steele didn't get hit by racism AT ALL, but by the tsunami of voters' anger at this war and hope (now dashed) that the Dems would stop it.

Silly man. But he's got a future. He certainly seems more sensible to me than that Obama!

You are making a good point, Glockmail. Last night lots of talk on Fox about "racism" voting, people who "weren't comfortable voting for any black --------------- but not a word, not ONE WORD, about the 92% black vote for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, it's this terrible double standard. Whites are supposed to be pure as the driven snow and never even notice there is such a thing as race, but it's okay if blacks express any amount of hostile, aggressive racism. And never mention on TV that blacks vote mainly for a black? But whites aren't supposed to do that.

What?? http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/blackeye/lookaroundlightblue.gif

Lt Gov Steele was hit with racism

He has pelted with Oreo cookies, called an Uncle Tom, and on a lib web site he was pictured in black face

This was from libs who say they oppose racism

Trigg
04-23-2008, 11:47 AM

I saw that last night also. DAMN!!!

92%

Abbey Marie
04-23-2008, 01:44 PM
and it was the bitterelderly white racists that handed Barry his ass in PA

Looks like they put down their guns and Bibles just long enough to vote for Hillary. You just can't make this stuff up. :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like they put down their guns and Bibles just long enough to vote for Hillary. You just can't make this stuff up. :laugh2:

I had a great day yesterday, and I was able to tweak a few libs at the poll. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I had a great day yesterday, and I was able to tweak a few libs at the poll. :laugh2:

Did they go all rabid on you? :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Did they go all rabid on you? :laugh2:

As I pulled into the parking lot, a liberal saw my Operation Chaos bumber sticker. I got a dirty look

Walking up to the poll the Obama and Hilary folks thanked me for voting. An Obama girl asked me if I was voting for Barry

I told them I was an Operation Chaos foot soldier and I was voting for Hillary.

The Obama people stared, while the Hillary people smiled

Inside when aske if I was a Republcian or a Dem, I said for one election and one vote I was a Dem

The guy next to me in line cut me look that could kill

After voting for - gag, choke, puke - Hillary; I made a dash to the Courthouse to switch back to Republican from Democrat

I started to crave latees, and tofu

I made in just before I bought a hybrid

They were the only side effects I suffered from after being a Dem for one day

Abbey Marie
04-23-2008, 02:03 PM
As I pulled into the parking lot, a liberal saw my Operation Chaos bumber sticker. I got a dirty look

Walking up to the poll the Obama and Hilary folks thanked me for voting. An Obama girl asked me if I was voting for Barry

Inside when aske if I was a Republcian or a Dem, I said for one election and one vote I was a Dem

After voting for - gag, choke, puke - Hillary; I made a dash to the Courthouse to switch back to Republican from Democrat

Well, there is one benefit. When the Marxist regime takes over, you will be on record as one of the "approved" of the proletariat. :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, there is one benefit. When the Marxist regime takes over, you will be on record as one of the "approved" of the proletariat. :laugh2:

That is true, but it was fun Abbey:laugh2:

glockmail
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM

Mission Accomplished! :salute:

Hobbit
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM

Good thing you didn't vote for Obama. I hear that can give you priapism.

Trigg
04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Just finished watching MSNBC talk about White women voters and why they went for Clinton, something like 63% of them.

Answers from the panel: Most people from Pennsylvania never leave
They're from the feminist generation
They have a rust belt mentality -whatever that is

In fact they've been discussing the white women voters most of the day. Trying to decide what Obama has to do to get those votes back.

NO MENTION- of the 93% black vote that went for Obama. Is it racist to bring up the fact that blacks are voting for him because he's black????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

glockmail
04-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Yes, you racist. :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Just finished watching MSNBC talk about White women voters and why they went for Clinton, something like 63% of them.

Answers from the panel: Most people from Pennsylvania never leave
They're from the feminist generation
They have a rust belt mentality -whatever that is

In fact they've been discussing the white women voters most of the day. Trying to decide what Obama has to do to get those votes back.

NO MENTION- of the 93% black vote that went for Obama. Is it racist to bring up the fact that blacks are voting for him because he's black????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

I sat thru "Hardball" and all Chris Matthews did was whine about the racists ganging up on poor Barry

DNCTV is so upset over Barry being unable to close the deal

Yurt
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM

thats a pretty funny story

red states rule
04-24-2008, 05:10 AM
thats a pretty funny story

It was the libs with the funny reactions. The local paper, a liberal rag, is making excuses for Barry's loss - and never mentioned Operation Chaos