PDA

View Full Version : Police: Pregnant bank teller, twin fetuses survive shooting

LiberalNation
04-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Hope they catch the POS. She's one lucky lady considering.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080422/ap_on_re_us/teller_shot;_ylt=AkdsMBNqdiEoe0NQb2NsI8NvzwcF

INDIANAPOLIS - A bank teller pregnant with twins was shot in the stomach during a robbery Tuesday morning, but both the teller and the fetuses survived the attack, authorities said.

The gunman came into the Huntington Bank branch around 9:30 a.m., jumped over the counter screaming and shot the teller, Duhamell said. He then fired another shot as he was running out of the bank, Lt. Jeff Duhamell said.

The bullet entered the abdomen of Katherine Sheffield, 30, who is five months pregnant, but missed both fetuses, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard said.

"Angry is really what I am. This is just brazen," said Ballard.

Sheffield was hospitalized in critical but stable condition, police spokesman Sgt. Paul Thompson said.

My Winter Storm
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
She is one incredibly lucky lady.

Now they need to hang the bastard responsible.

hjmick
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
She lost both of the babies.

My Winter Storm
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
She lost both of the babies.

Oh no, poor woman! :( Hopefully there'll be a double murder charge against this scum - fetal homicide, I believe you call it.

LuvRPgrl
05-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Hope they catch the POS. She's one lucky lady considering.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080422/ap_on_re_us/teller_shot;_ylt=AkdsMBNqdiEoe0NQb2NsI8NvzwcF

INDIANAPOLIS - A bank teller pregnant with twins was shot in the stomach during a robbery Tuesday morning, but both the teller and the fetuses survived the attack, authorities said.

The gunman came into the Huntington Bank branch around 9:30 a.m., jumped over the counter screaming and shot the teller, Duhamell said. He then fired another shot as he was running out of the bank, Lt. Jeff Duhamell said.

The bullet entered the abdomen of Katherine Sheffield, 30, who is five months pregnant, but missed both fetuses, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard said.

"Angry is really what I am. This is just brazen," said Ballard.

Sheffield was hospitalized in critical but stable condition, police spokesman Sgt. Paul Thompson said.

I thought they were just "part of her body"?

Get real, anybody these days who really thinks abortion is not the killing of a baby is simply delusional.

Its impossilbe to deny that a fetus is a unique event in the chain of human life, and its not "JUST another part of her body". There are so many things about the fetus that are totally unique and different about it than other "parts" of her body, that it simply doesnt even come close to surviving the test on deciding if the fetus is just a part of her body.

In order to fit a definition, the item must have more characteristics about it that are similiar, than those that are dis similiar, in regards to characteristics about it that are used to determine if other things are body parts or not.

The number and importance of characteristics about the fetus are so overwhelming that it makes the arguement of whether it is a part of her body, or a seperate human being, just absurd. One has to be taken, at least temporarily, out of the realm of reality, in order to believe its not a seperate human being.

LuvRPgrl
05-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh no, poor woman! :( Hopefully there'll be a double murder charge against this scum - fetal homicide, I believe you call it.

CONCUR.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=homicide

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
hom·i·cide Audio Help /ˈhɒməˌsaɪd, ˈhoʊmə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hom-uh-sahyd, hoh-muh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the killing of one human being by another.
2. a person who kills another; murderer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1325–75; ME < MF < L homicīdium a killing, homicīda killer, equiv. to homi- (comb. form of homō man) + -cīdium, -cīda -cide]

My Winter Storm
05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
CONCUR.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=homicide

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
hom·i·cide Audio Help /ˈhɒməˌsaɪd, ˈhoʊmə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hom-uh-sahyd, hoh-muh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the killing of one human being by another.
2. a person who kills another; murderer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1325–75; ME < MF < L homicīdium a killing, homicīda killer, equiv. to homi- (comb. form of homō man) + -cīdium, -cīda -cide]

Under law, a fetus is not a person, so that blows your arguement. Abortion is legal, therefore it is not murder.

LiberalNation
05-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I thought they were just "part of her body"?.

Her body, her choice, he took her choice away by robbing her of them.

My Winter Storm
05-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Exactly.

LuvRPgrl
05-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Under law, a fetus is not a person, so that blows your arguement. Abortion is legal, therefore it is not murder.

If the fetus is not human, how can it be a homocide then. See definition of homocide, above.

LuvRPgrl
05-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Them? Seems to imply the fetuses are people.

With all the science and pictures in the womb we have today, DNA evidence and other facts, one has to absolutely have their head stuck in the sand to deny these twins are human beings, hence they should be subject to the rights accorded everyone else by the Constitution. But they are denied by legalities, SOMETIMES, just as black people during slavery.

The EXACT same incongruities that existed in legal slave days exist with the situation involving the fetus today.

At times, they are considered humans, fully human, other times they are not. The law, above all else, needs to be consistent. WIth slavery, it was not, with human unborn babies, it is not.

My Winter Storm
05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Them? Seems to imply the fetuses are people.

With all the science and pictures in the womb we have today, DNA evidence and other facts, one has to absolutely have their head stuck in the sand to deny these twins are human beings, hence they should be subject to the rights accorded everyone else by the Constitution. But they are denied by legalities, SOMETIMES, just as black people during slavery.

The EXACT same incongruities that existed in legal slave days exist with the situation involving the fetus today.

At times, they are considered humans, fully human, other times they are not. The law, above all else, needs to be consistent. WIth slavery, it was not, with human unborn babies, it is not.

No one will deny they are not human. They are just not human beings as yet.

My Winter Storm
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
If the fetus is not human, how can it be a homocide then. See definition of homocide, above.

There is probably a different definition for fetal homocide. I don't know your laws, but they are there for a reason. It is a fetal homcide because the woman wanted the babies. It was her choice to keep them and that right was taken from her.