PDA

View Full Version : Army engineer charged with passing secrets to Israel in '80s

LiberalNation
04-22-2008, 06:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080422/ap_on_re_us/spy_arrest;_ylt=Aom5gaObdBlaln.hRtOLjX5vzwcF

NEW YORK - An 84-year-old former U.S. Army mechanical engineer was arrested Tuesday on charges he slipped classified documents about nuclear weapons to an employee of the Israeli Consulate who also received information from convicted Pentagon spy Jonathan Pollard, authorities announced.

Ben-ami Kadish was charged in U.S. District Court in Manhattan with four counts of conspiracy, including allegations that he disclosed U.S. national defense documents to Israel and acted as an agent of the Israeli government.

Prosecutors say Kadish, a U.S. citizen who worked at an Army base in New Jersey, took home classified documents for six years and let the Israeli photograph them in his basement. Those documents included information about nuclear weapons, a modified version of an F-15 fighter jet, and the U.S. Patriot missile air defense system. Kadish's apparent motivation was to help Israel, prosecutors said.

Kadish repeatedly declined to comment as he left the courthouse. "I'm not saying anything. I have no comment," he said.

Nukeman
04-22-2008, 07:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080422/ap_on_re_us/spy_arrest;_ylt=Aom5gaObdBlaln.hRtOLjX5vzwcF

NEW YORK - An 84-year-old former U.S. Army mechanical engineer was arrested Tuesday on charges he slipped classified documents about nuclear weapons to an employee of the Israeli Consulate who also received information from convicted Pentagon spy Jonathan Pollard, authorities announced.

Ben-ami Kadish was charged in U.S. District Court in Manhattan with four counts of conspiracy, including allegations that he disclosed U.S. national defense documents to Israel and acted as an agent of the Israeli government.

Prosecutors say Kadish, a U.S. citizen who worked at an Army base in New Jersey, took home classified documents for six years and let the Israeli photograph them in his basement. Those documents included information about nuclear weapons, a modified version of an F-15 fighter jet, and the U.S. Patriot missile air defense system. Kadish's apparent motivation was to help Israel, prosecutors said.

Kadish repeatedly declined to comment as he left the courthouse. "I'm not saying anything. I have no comment," he said.Surprise surprise surprise..... LN found another article that refers to a FORMER service member. Do you not have anything better to do.

If you spent half as much time finding the problems with todays students as you do with military personnel I might actually take these type of posts to heart, but, you don't..... So I ignore them except to point out YET again, you find something to bitch about the military.

LN, are yo still considering joining the military??? If so why do look fro every case you can to try to discredit or dishonor the military.:slap:

rppearso
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Surprise surprise surprise..... LN found another article that refers to a FORMER service member. Do you not have anything better to do.

If you spent half as much time finding the problems with todays students as you do with military personnel I might actually take these type of posts to heart, but, you don't..... So I ignore them except to point out YET again, you find something to bitch about the military.

LN, are yo still considering joining the military??? If so why do look fro every case you can to try to discredit or dishonor the military.:slap:

LN is just stating facts, there are lots of things messed up about this nations youth but this is a military forum. Did you ever stop and think that articles like this are much more fun to discuss assuming you have people that will engage in debate rather than just get pissy and start flaming. I dont want to hear about a FORMER army guy who saved a kitten out of a tree, this forum was entertaining for a while but it is getting kinda boring no one really wants to debate. Im not sure what peoples motivations are for being on here if its not for entertainment value because there is nothing else to gain from an internet forum. Its always fun to get on here during a break or something and listen to some drill sgt bitch and whine because he cant haze me because its the internet, but when you half quote a post and spew out a bunch of swear words that have no value it gets boring.

Gaffer
04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
If it's boring, then go somewhere else. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Your not a debater, your a whiner.

rppearso
04-22-2008, 11:51 PM
If it's boring, then go somewhere else. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Your not a debater, your a whiner.

Whatever. You dont call spewing out a bunch of flames and swearing "whining" ..... ok whatever.

Nukeman
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
LN is just stating facts, there are lots of things messed up about this nations youth but this is a military forum. Did you ever stop and think that articles like this are much more fun to discuss assuming you have people that will engage in debate rather than just get pissy and start flaming. .
Hey numb skull where did I start "flaming LN. I am after all just stating facts about her.. She does post a disproportionate number of article bashing the military, but of course that is right up yoru alley isn't it? IDIOT.

I dont want to hear about a FORMER army guy who saved a kitten out of a tree, this forum was entertaining for a while but it is getting kinda boring no one really wants to debate.
Translation..... "No one wants to listen to me whine and piss and moan about MY failures!!!!!"

Im not sure what peoples motivations are for being on here if its not for entertainment value because there is nothing else to gain from an internet forum.
Then freaking leave!!!! If you can not actually see ANY benefit from conversation with other than you are a sad little man......

Its always fun to get on here during a break or something and listen to some drill sgt bitch and whine because he cant haze me because its the internet,
No your too chicken shit to actually say that to someones face.. QUITER!!!

but when you half quote a post and spew out a bunch of swear words that have no value it gets boring
Once again, where did I cuss at LN? There are a lot of times I agree with LN but I don't think I have ever agreed with you. I think LN can take care of herself, she knows that I really don't like it when she post these type of threads and that is EXACTLY why she does it, to get a rise out of others!

Your one of the very few morons on here I really don't like. I have never met you and am very glad of that.

rppearso
04-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey numb skull where did I start "flaming LN. I am after all just stating facts about her.. She does post a disproportionate number of article bashing the military, but of course that is right up yoru alley isn't it? IDIOT.

Translation..... "No one wants to listen to me whine and piss and moan about MY failures!!!!!"

Then freaking leave!!!! If you can not actually see ANY benefit from conversation with other than you are a sad little man......

No your too chicken shit to actually say that to someones face.. QUITER!!!

Once again, where did I cuss at LN? There are a lot of times I agree with LN but I don't think I have ever agreed with you. I think LN can take care of herself, she knows that I really don't like it when she post these type of threads and that is EXACTLY why she does it, to get a rise out of others!

Your one of the very few morons on here I really don't like. I have never met you and am very glad of that.

You must have forgot about the past posts where you posted nothing useful other than a bunch of childish swearing kinda like drill sgts do. Im not an idiot im not going to say something to someones face unless it is warranted and im in a position to back it up physically (firearms in my posession with the legal right to use it that usually stops the argument). I could care less if you agree with me because I state facts so the actual events that occured are not up for negotiation your just a dishonorable schmuck for backing up the crap the military does.