PDA

View Full Version : ABC News: Mexican Drug Violence U.S. Constitution's Fault

red states rule
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
ABC News has posted a "report" on how Mexican drug violence is NOT the fault of the drug dealers - but it is the fault of the Second Amendment.

Why you ask? Because most of the guns are made in the US

Liberal logic at it's "best"

U.S. Guns Arming Mexican Drug Gangs; Second Amendment to Blame?
Officials: More Than 90 Percent of Weapons Used by Mexico's Drug Gangs Come From the U.S.

By BRIAN ROSS and RICHARD ESPOSITO
April 22, 2008

U.S. gun stores and gun shows are the source of more than 90 percent of the weapons being used by Mexico's ruthless drug cartels, according to U.S. and Mexican law enforcement officials.

"It's a war going on in Mexico, and these types of firearms are the weapons of war for them," said Bill Newell, the special agent in charge of the Phoenix field division of the ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which has primary law enforcement jurisdiction for investigating gun trafficking to Mexico.

"It's virtually impossible to buy a firearm in Mexico as a private citizen, so this country is where they come," said Newell.

But U.S. efforts to stop the smuggling of tens of thousands of guns to Mexico, including high-powered assault weapons, have been hampered by lenient American gun laws and the Bush administration's failure to give priority to anti-gun smuggling efforts, officials tell ABC News for a report Tuesday on ABC News' "World News With Charles Gibson."

for the complete article

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4695848&page=1

gabosaurus
04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
As usual, you make no sense whatsoever. But thanks for playing. :)

stephanie
04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
ABC News has posted a "report" on how Mexican drug violence is NOT the fault of the drug dealers - but it is the fault of the Second Amendment.

Officials: More Than 90 Percent of Weapons Used by Mexico's Drug Gangs Come From the U.S.

April 22, 2008

U.S. gun stores and gun shows are the source of more than 90 percent of the weapons being used by Mexico's ruthless drug cartels, according to U.S. and Mexican law enforcement officials.

"It's a war going on in Mexico, and these types of firearms are the weapons of war for them," said Bill Newell, the special agent in charge of the Phoenix field division of the ATF, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which has primary law enforcement jurisdiction for investigating gun trafficking to Mexico.

"It's virtually impossible to buy a firearm in Mexico as a private citizen, so this country is where they come," said Newell.

But U.S. efforts to stop the smuggling of tens of thousands of guns to Mexico, including high-powered assault weapons, have been hampered by lenient American gun laws and the Bush administration's failure to give priority to anti-gun smuggling efforts, officials tell ABC News for a report Tuesday on ABC News' "World News With Charles Gibson."

for the complete article

I noticed the board "stalker" has attached itself to you for now..Aren't you lucky?...:poke:

Yurt
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
As usual, you make no sense whatsoever. But thanks for playing. :)

as usual, a fly by posting by gabs... what exactly did he say that did not make sense?

Hobbit
04-22-2008, 09:11 PM
And if Mexico had the second amendment freedoms we enjoy, most of the guns that are used to put those drug dealers in their place by private citizens would also be manufactured in the United States.

gabosaurus
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
And if Mexico had the second amendment freedoms we enjoy, most of the guns that are used to put those drug dealers in their place by private citizens would also be manufactured in the United States.

Mexico doesn't need a second amendment. The only people who can afford guns are the drug dealers. Who needs to fight the police when you can buy them off much more easily.
Mexico is a different situation. In the U.S., if someone comes to your house and shoots a member of your family, you either call the police or go after them yourself.
In Mexico, it's just another casualty. If you attempt to fight back, your house gets blown up. Any survivors are then arrested.

stephanie
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Maybe Mexico should build a damn fence to keep out all those nasty guns from getting into the hands of their nasty drug gangs..

What a ignorant article from ABC..

red states rule
04-22-2008, 09:22 PM
I noticed the board "stalker" has attached itself to you for now..Aren't you lucky?...:poke:

Gabby is our gentle ray of sunstroke

gabosaurus
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Of course I enjoy RSR. I have always had a special place in my heart for trailer trash.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Of course I enjoy RSR. I have always had a special place in my heart for trailer trash.

Is this an example of liberal tolerance I am always hearing about? :laugh2:

retiredman
04-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Is this an example of liberal tolerance I am always hearing about? :laugh2:

it is an example of liberal honesty.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 09:32 PM
it is an example of liberal honesty.

Liberal honesty? Now that is an oxymoron

gabosaurus
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Liberal honesty? Now that is an oxymoron

Take out the 'oxy' -- it fits you to a tee.
Always good to "discuss" issues with a 40-something dude whose brain has been fried.

red states rule
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Take out the 'oxy' -- it fits you to a tee.
Always good to "discuss" issues with a 40-something dude whose brain has been fried.

Given your inability to debate the issues, I am not surprised that is all you can offer

DragonStryk72
04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Um, well, to be honest, I just don't care, really. I mean, I'm trying to, but really, they been sending all there decent working types up into the US with those pamphlets on how to pass our border, so really, the only ones they've got left by now have gotta be the broke, the apathetic, and the criminals, so really, it's their own damn fault.

diuretic
04-23-2008, 01:16 AM

April 22, 2008

for the complete article

Now THIS is an example of the laws of supply and demand :laugh2:

red states rule
04-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Um, well, to be honest, I just don't care, really. I mean, I'm trying to, but really, they been sending all there decent working types up into the US with those pamphlets on how to pass our border, so really, the only ones they've got left by now have gotta be the broke, the apathetic, and the criminals, so really, it's their own damn fault.

Yes, make excuses for illegal behaviour. that will solve the problem

theHawk
04-23-2008, 08:03 AM

April 22, 2008

for the complete article

Sounds to me like the boarder is the problem. If was sealed the way its supposed to be then this wouldn't be happening.

But hey, if we can twist it to put the blame on the gun-toting rednecks then thats what we must do right?

red states rule
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Sounds to me like the boarder is the problem. If was sealed the way its supposed to be then this wouldn't be happening.

But hey, if we can twist it to put the blame on the gun-toting rednecks then thats what we must do right?

Sealing the border makes way to much sense Hawk

Sharra_R
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
for the complete article

It is the Mexican government that said this, and ABC just reported it. You want to place blame for statements, you really should place them where they belong.

In the same vein, Mexico thinks everything is the fault of the US, however they NEVER give US any credit for the billions of US dollars that do keep their economy afloat.

gabosaurus
04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I blame Dubya for Mexican drug violence. Has to be his fault.

glockmail
04-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Mexico doesn't need a second amendment. The only people who can afford guns are the drug dealers. Who needs to fight the police when you can buy them off much more easily.
Mexico is a different situation. In the U.S., if someone comes to your house and shoots a member of your family, you either call the police or go after them yourself.
In Mexico, it's just another casualty. If you attempt to fight back, your house gets blown up. Any survivors are then arrested.

Do you think that if law-abiding citizens could protect themselves like Americans do a shooting there would not be "just another casualty"?

mundame
04-28-2008, 11:42 AM

I agree. The more these terrible Mexican drug traffickers kill each other, the better off we are.

This is much the way I view the shootings in Iraq: these Islamists are our enemies. We are getting between them shooting each other WHY ???