PDA

View Full Version : Scientist pimping for more money

Sitarro
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Looks like scientist are putting actual monetary prices on solving a pretend climate emergency that they have created and blown way out of proportion. Yea, that's right, 10 billion pounds a year should do it to start........pricks.:fu:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/04/23/eaclimate123.xml

Climate change 'may put world at war'
By Charles Clover, Environment Editor
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 23/04/2008

Climate change could cause global conflicts as large as the two world wars but lasting for centuries unless the problem is controlled, a leading defence think tank has warned.

The Royal United Services Institute said a tenfold increase in energy research spending to around £10 billion a year would be needed if the world were to avoid the worst effects of changing temperatures.

Governments should be preparing for the worst

However the group said that the response to threats posed by climate change, such as rising sea levels and migration, had so far been "slow and inadequate," because nations had failed to prepare for the worst-case scenario.

"We're preparing for a car bomb, not for 9/11," said Nick Mabey, the author of the report who was a former senior member of the Prime Minister's strategy unit.

Last week Lord Stern, who compiled an economic assessment of climate change for the Government, said that he had underestimated the possible economic consequences.

Mr Mabey said leading economies should be preparing for what would happen if climate change turned out to be at the top of the predicted temperature range.

His report said: "If climate change is not slowed and critical environmental thresholds are exceeded, it will become a primary driver of conflicts between and within states."

Psychoblues
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Science just confuses the hell out of you doesn't it, zero?

Sitarro
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Science just confuses the hell out of you doesn't it, zero?

Not really, I know junk science when I see it and I know a bunch of junk scientist with their hands out looking for a grant too. Algore does also, he was very good at assembling them in one place to back his Global Warming....... errr I mean Climate Change....... or whatever it will be called next week....scheme. Carbon credits...... how many have you bought ace?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

diuretic
04-23-2008, 09:47 PM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23591089-2703,00.html

THE amount of two key greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere rose sharply in 2007, and carbon dioxide levels this year are literally off the chart, the US Government reported today.

In its annual index of greenhouse gas emissions, the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration found atmospheric carbon dioxide, the primary driver of global climate change, rose by 0.6 per cent, or 19 billion tonnes last year.

More at the link.

Psychoblues
04-23-2008, 10:12 PM
As you absorb the words of your Christ GWB I am certain you will change your mind.

Not really, I know junk science when I see it and I know a bunch of junk scientist with their hands out looking for a grant too. Algore does also, he was very good at assembling them in one place to back his Global Warming....... errr I mean Climate Change....... or whatever it will be called next week....scheme. Carbon credits...... how many have you bought ace?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Otherwise, you are as stupid as I thought you were only pretending to be.

gabosaurus
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah baby...BIG PIMPIN'!!

Uhh, uh uh uh
It's big pimpin baby..
It's big pimpin, spendin G's
Feel me.. uh-huh uhh, uh-huh..
Ge-ge-geyeah, geyeah
Ge-ge-geyeah, geyeah..

You know I - thug em, fuck em, love em, leave em
Cause I don't fuckin need em
Take em out the hood, keep em lookin good