PDA

View Full Version : The Patience Of A Cat...

Pale Rider
04-23-2008, 06:02 AM
This is my 16 year old partner, sitting here on the kitchen rug waiting for his "snacker machine" to kick out his afternoon snack. Thing is, he's got a couple HOURS to wait, but he'll sit right there and not budge or say a peep until it does. I'll tell ya... cats never cease to amaze me...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2238/2435588083_cf35d6e5fa_b.jpg

diuretic
04-23-2008, 06:21 AM
They do possess patience indeed. Well some do. My cat would have held the dog hostage until I fed her :laugh2:

Pale Rider
04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
They do possess patience indeed. Well some do. My cat would have held the dog hostage until I fed her :laugh2:

His belly rules his brain... :laugh:

Hagbard Celine
04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
How do you control the problem of litter being tracked everywhere?

Pale Rider
04-23-2008, 03:37 PM

It's tough, and nothing really works, but I have a couple mats with little rubber spikes on 'em I put around his box that catch some of it. He still kicks it out all over. One of the hassles of owning a cat. Well worth the bother though for such good company. I'd much rather vacuum up a little scattered liter once and awhile as opposed to following having to let take a dog out twice a day and follow it around scooping up it's turds.

LiberalNation
04-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Some types of litter track less. Side that, rug under the litter box help. Putting it in a dark basment were you cant see it works even better.

Sitarro
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM

A cat door that leads to the litter box in the garage works great.

Sitarro
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
This is my 16 year old partner, sitting here on the kitchen rug waiting for his "snacker machine" to kick out his afternoon snack. Thing is, he's got a couple HOURS to wait, but he'll sit right there and not budge or say a peep until it does. I'll tell ya... cats never cease to amaze me...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2238/2435588083_cf35d6e5fa_b.jpg

That photograph says so much about the coolness of cats....... love it.

gabosaurus
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I swear our cat knows how to tell time. He'll be laying around all day, then get up and go sit in my husband's chair about 5:30 or so. If my husband does not arrive within about 10 minutes or so, the cat will whine and start yowling. Because when my husband comes home, the first thing he does is sit down and pet the cat.
He also needs the litter box changed first thing in the morning. If I get up and do something else first, the cat will follow me around, yelling in protest.

I have the litter box in a corner of the room. I had the carpet in the area covered in plastic shelving paper. When I change the cat box, I also sweep up the litter. Takes about five minutes.

LiberalNation
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
My cat goes a lot outside now and demands to be let out really. Meows and pesters you till she gets the door opened and if you ignore she'll eventually escape when someone finally has to go out. Slick sneaky lil cat.

Pale Rider
04-24-2008, 11:10 AM
There's outside cats, and inside cats. My partner here is an inside cat. They say inside cats live longer because of lower stress, and the average age of a cat being 14, and mine is 16, I'm inclined to believe that.

gabosaurus
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Pale, I have also heard that. Our cat is strictly indoors.
I thought our cat might get a bit stressed over moving into a new house, but he has been very happy and content. I think he likes the fact that we got him all new furniture.

Realtor: "Do you think your cat will enjoy the new house?"
My husband: "I sure hope so. Otherwise, we will have to move again."

LiberalNation
04-25-2008, 01:04 AM
My cat likes to sleep in the house on the beds but can't stand being inside most of the rest of the time unless it's pouring down rain. I worry cuz she's declawin, being outside, but she acts pitifull if we don't let her out. Too many bugs and crawly things to chase outside.

Hagbard Celine
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Cats are gross because they paw around in their own feces and urine and then they walk on the furniture. Particularly, the pillows you sleep on. That being said, if you own a smelly cat, at the microscopic level, your face is intimately acquainted with your cat's brown-eye. The only way you can deny this fact is if you don't allow your cat on the furniture and you lock it in a storage room when you're not in the house. If you don't, regardless of what your "rules" are when you're around, that smelly ferret is pawing all over your cushions.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Cats are gross because they paw around in their own feces and urine and then they walk on the furniture. Particularly, the pillows you sleep on. That being said, if you own a smelly cat, at the microscopic level, your face is intimately acquainted with your cat's brown-eye. The only way you can deny this fact is if you don't allow your cat on the furniture and you lock it in a storage room when you're not in the house. If you don't, regardless of what your "rules" are when you're around, that smelly ferret is pawing all over your cushions. I put my pillows on their sides so the filthy bastard can't get on top of them. Plus mine hasn't used a litter box in years, after I installed a cat door.

Hagbard Celine
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I put my pillows on their sides so the filthy bastard can't get on top of them. Plus mine hasn't used a litter box in years, after I installed a cat door.

So that's like you walking all over the furniture with your shoes on.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
So that's like you walking all over the furniture with your shoes on. Pretty much. Which is why I discourage the little bastard from doing that. When I see him on a bed I sometimes give him a shot of water from a spray bottle. Cats like to be up high, and in a corner, and he's got his favorite chairs in my kids' rooms. You can usually tell if he's been somewhere because of the matted hair.

Some people let them jump up their kitchen counters! :puke3:

Pale Rider
04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Cats are gross because they paw around in their own feces and urine and then they walk on the furniture. Particularly, the pillows you sleep on. That being said, if you own a smelly cat, at the microscopic level, your face is intimately acquainted with your cat's brown-eye. The only way you can deny this fact is if you don't allow your cat on the furniture and you lock it in a storage room when you're not in the house. If you don't, regardless of what your "rules" are when you're around, that smelly ferret is pawing all over your cushions.

Gee Hag... you don't HATE cats do you... :laugh:

My cat does NOT get on furniture, let alone my BED! When I leave, my bedroom door gets shut. He has a big, cushy bed of his own, and that's where he's at 90% of the time, even when I come home and open the door, he's in HIS BED sleeping. So no, I'm NOT "intimately acquainted" with my cat's "brown eye." Don't let your HATE of cats cloud your brain Hag. It's not anything close to as bad as you make it out. And another thing, neither my cat nor his box "smells." Sure keeping his box clean is a daily chore, but it takes only seconds a day, and is well worth it for the great company this little critter provides.

I would suggest you never get a cat though... you don't deserve one.

Hagbard Celine
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM

My cat does NOT get on furniture, let alone my BED! When I leave, my bedroom door gets shut. He has a big, cushy bed of his own, and that's where he's at 90% of the time, even when I come home and open the door, he's in HIS BED sleeping. So no, I'm NOT "intimately acquainted" with my cat's "brown eye." Don't let your HATE of cats cloud your brain Hag. It's not anything close to as bad as you make it out. And another thing, neither my cat nor his box "smells." Sure keeping his box clean is a daily chore, but it takes only seconds a day, and is well worth it for the great company this little critter provides.

I don't HATE cats Pale. I just think they're unsanitary and smelly.

Pale Rider
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM

Well, I don't think they're either. I own one, for 16 years as a matter of fact, so I have first hand experience. When was the last time, if ever, you owned a cat? If you're going to say never, then how the heck can you come in here and TELL people that DO have cats what they are?

Abbey Marie
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM

If we are talking unsanitary and disgusting, dogs go outside and step in every bug-infested and poop-infested blade of grass out there, not to mention germ-laden trash, and then bring it all inside your home on their paws. They will also sniff the butt. etc., of any strange dog, and then come over and lick your face. And ever see a dog eat poop? God only knows what the heck they are dragging in to the house.

I'll take my cat's own germs, over every germ in the neighborhood any day.

gabosaurus
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM

So are kids and various adults. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
So are kids and various adults. :laugh2:

:laugh2: