PDA

View Full Version : NC GOP Runs Obama/Wright Ad

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
The Dems are whining about a new ad that fearures Obama and his racist pastor Rev Wright

John McCain, who thinks he can run and win a PC campaign, has asked the NC GOP to pull the ad

The NC GOP has told McCain it is a state issue, and they are not pulling the ad

I see nothing wrong with the ad - what do you think?

For the article and to view the ad

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2008/04/mccain-asks-nc.html

retiredman
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
RSR:

have you read those two articles about Wright from "The Christian Century" yet?

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
RSR:

Still beating that dead jackass?

I know it is hard for you, but try to stay on topic. Barry and Wright are joined at the hip, and this is only the first of many ads

retiredman
04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Still beating that dead jackass?

I know it is hard for you, but try to stay on topic. Barry and Wright are joined at the hip, and this is only the first of many ads

this thread is about Wright. Articles about him are, by definition, ON TOPIC. Why are you so fucking afraid to read anything anyone else posts?

I swear, I am NEVER reading another one of your fuicking OP-ED spams until you show a little respect and read the links that I post.

Are FACTS that scary to you? You'd think after what is staring YOU in the face, a little light reading from a Christian Journal would not be all that scary.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
this thread is about Wright. Articles about him are, by definition, ON TOPIC. Why are you so fucking afraid to read anything anyone else posts?

I swear, I am NEVER reading another one of your fuicking OP-ED spams until you show a little respect and read the links that I post.

Are FACTS that scary to you? You'd think after what is staring YOU in the face, a little light reading from a Christian Journal would not be all that scary.

The thread is about the ad the NC GOP is running douchebag

Get use to the ad - more will be coming out if your boy get the nomination. You can do your "best" to avoid talking about Barry's racist mentor - but that will not make the issue go away

I could care less about your "respect".

retiredman
04-23-2008, 07:39 PM
The thread is about the ad the NC GOP is running douchebag

Get use to the ad - more will be coming out if your boy get the nomination. You can do your "best" to avoid talking about Barry's racist mentor - but that will not make the issue go away

I could care less about your "respect".

The thread is about Wright. I wondered if you had read the articles I had posted? But obviously not. YOu are nothing but a one liner spewing spambot... reading is obviously way the fuck over your skill level.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
The thread is about Wright. I wondered if you had read the articles I had posted? But obviously not. YOu are nothing but a one liner spewing spambot... reading is obviously way the fuck over your skill level.

My the ad must really be getting under your thin skin

You do have that reaction to the truth :laugh2:

retiredman
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
My the ad must really be getting under your thin skin

You do have that reaction to the truth :laugh2:

I have this reaction to people who spam the board with five or six op-eds a day that they expect everyone to read, and then not show the common courtesy to read two short articles posted by someone else.

Did I tell you that I was taking Hospice training? It really is pretty amazing. I can't wait to start volunteering.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I have this reaction to people who spam the board with five or six op-eds a day that they expect everyone to read, and then not show the common courtesy to read two short articles posted by someone else.

Did I tell you that I was taking Hospice training? It really is pretty amazing. I can't wait to start volunteering.

You have this reaction to the facts about your boy

You are not forced to read anything, or post on any thread

Now drink some warm milk, suck your thumb, and calm down :laugh2:

retiredman
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
You have this reaction to the facts about your boy

You are not forced to read anything, or post on any thread

Now drink some warm milk, suck your thumb, and calm down :laugh2:

of course I am not FORCED to do anything. I DO, however, read most of your op-ed pieces out of courtesy. You should try returning the favor.... baldy.

red states rule
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Now the left is playing the race card to try and cover for Barry - but not all libs see racism in the ad

Matthews Sees Racism in Anti-Obama Ads, Liberal Panel Disagrees
By Geoffrey Dickens | April 23, 2008 - 19:18 ET

On Wednesday night's "Hardball," Chris Matthews thought he saw racism in two ads targeted against Barack Obama, but when his media panel full of liberal journalists disagreed he back-pedaled a bit.

First up Matthews ran a clip of what he called a "nasty," ad by the North Carolina Republican Party. The Politico's Roger Simon agreed with Matthews that it was "nasty" but said, he wasn’t sure it was "unfair."

Then Matthews ran an ad hitting Obama for opposing the death penalty in Chicago for gang members and claimed:

"It's a giant permission slip to somebody who doesn't want to vote for him to begin with. And it’s also a permission slip for the Republican Party to use him as a target throughout the general election."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/04/23/matthews-sees-racism-anti-obama-ads-liberal-media-panel-disagrees

and here is another ad pointing out the liberal side of Barry Obama

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cabl0KSFUqo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cabl0KSFUqo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
RSR:

I would like to read them, can you link it?

Yurt
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM

he has to finish his hospice training first, his jokes about people treating with chemotherapy are getting stale, he has to take a refresher course on how to insult those with cancer...

retiredman
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4676

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4678

retiredman
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
he has to finish his hospice training first, his jokes about people treating with chemotherapy are getting stale, he has to take a refresher course on how to insult those with cancer...

when people continually insult my integrity, which I value quite highly, even after I have repeatedly and politely asked them to refrain, they open themselves up for whatever I can use....sheeny shyster little prick.

Yurt
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
when people continually insult my integrity, which I value quite highly, even after I have repeatedly and politely asked them to refrain, they open themselves up for whatever I can use....sheeny shyster little prick.

are so lame that you have to use the same insults over and over, you're a broken record..

as to article "the wright context" utter bullshit and total opinion and not at all backed up by his sermons:

Another sermon sound bite shows Wright repeating a conspiracy theory that has been floating around the black community—that AIDS was a government means of genocide against people of color. The claim is indefensible. But here, too, Wright was primarily engaged in making a larger point: that governments aren't God, that governments lie and therefore can't be trusted—only God can be trusted

problem with this is, wright did not imply what the author, after the fact, tries to suggest wright really meant.

as to the other article:

The great biblical prophets did and said outrageous, controversial things, which consistently got them in trouble and occasionally landed them in jail. I wish Wright had not said "America's chickens are coming home to roost" about the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. But he claimed to be paraphrasing a commentator on TV who—quite reasonably—had pointed out objectionable and self-defeating U.S. foreign policies.

the prophets did not lie, did not say that the pharoahs created aids to kill the jews....and again, utterly false that wright claimed to be paraphrasing...i wached the whole bit, not just the sound bit and there was absolutely NO paraphrasing....he meant every word he said.

Critics of Wright and Barack Obama wonder how Senator Obama could have remained in Wright's congregation for 20 years. The answer is that Wright didn't say "God damn America" every Sunday. Wright's sermons, week after week, were biblically based, relevant, literate and eloquent. When preachers of the land think about whose sermons and lectures they want to hear, Wright's name is near the top of the list.

this also is a lie, while he may not have said those exact words, i guarantee you he was preaching the black power version of christianity as evidenced from their website. the people in the sermons were NOT SHOCKED, they applauded, it was no surprise. obama has ADMITTED that he had problems with many of his speeches....fact remains, if a white candidate had stayed ina white chruch that espoused the same ideologue, except about blacks, that candidate would be out of the race...

20 years, his spiritual advisor, the one who brought him to christianity and that church, married him and his wife, baptized his daughters, but oh no, he was clueless...

you never criticize your messiah, that is a sign of utter and complete bias and worship.

retiredman
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM
this also is a lie, while he may not have said those exact words, i guarantee you he was preaching the black power version of christianity .

you "guarantee"??? Really??? how can you do that, yarmulke boy?

There is no doubt that the articles from The Christian Century are opinions about Reverend Wright. For you to claim some sort of intellectual superiority regarding your opinions versus theirs is silly...and pompous.

I posted them to show that I am not some partisan Lone Ranger apologist for Obama OR Wright.

Yurt
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
you "guarantee"??? Really??? how can you do that, yarmulke boy?

There is no doubt that the articles from The Christian Century are opinions about Reverend Wright. For you to claim some sort of intellectual superiority regarding your opinions versus theirs is silly...and pompous.

I posted them to show that I am not some partisan Lone Ranger apologist for Obama OR Wright.

great, i actually respond per your request and you continue your childish lies about me being jewish. whats the point of reading anything by you then, you will just insult when someone gives you an opinion....way to go genius...

We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

your ignorance is laughable:

Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

you must be an ignorant fool if this sheeny shiny shyster continually kicks your ass in debates :laugh2:

retiredman
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
"Wright's sermons, week after week, were biblically based, relevant, literate and eloquent. When preachers of the land think about whose sermons and lectures they want to hear, Wright's name is near the top of the list. "

you called this a LIE. YOU "guaranteed" this was not true. Back up your fucking "guarantee" or retract it.

I'll wait

MtnBiker
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Imagine the absence of fowl language your posts would have had you not have been a sailor.

retiredman
04-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Imagine the absence of fowl language your posts would have had you not have been a sailor.

good point. I was, though... and it certainly molded my life, and my language. I don't think I speak that much about birds, but my language is certainly FOUL. Rest assured, if people on the right did not insult me, I am certain my language would remain free of references to birds AND profanity.

Yurt
04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
"Wright's sermons, week after week, were biblically based, relevant, literate and eloquent. When preachers of the land think about whose sermons and lectures they want to hear, Wright's name is near the top of the list. "

you called this a LIE. YOU "guaranteed" this was not true. Back up your fucking "guarantee" or retract it.

I'll wait

i already proved you wrong about black power....so stop sniveling about some other non issue. you won't address that, you insult those who read your articles after you have whined about it for weeks now...its really pointless discussing anything with you as you turn everything into an insult fuck fest that apparently gets you off as your obsession with such diatribes can only be described as one euphorically getting off on insulting people to a VERY personal level.

as i told you, deleted without even reading it

see ya...you aint worth the time anymore

MtnBiker
04-23-2008, 10:41 PM
good point. I was, though... and it certainly molded my life, and my language. I don't think I speak that much about birds, but my language is certainly FOUL. Rest assured, if people on the right did not insult me, I am certain my language would remain free of references to birds AND profanity.

I would rather have misspelled a word than degenerate my launguage by reducing my vocabulary and implementing the use of "fuck" in multitude.

You once told me your cursing is a result of being a sailor, then you modify that explanation to include being insulted by people on the right (would it matter if someone on the left insulted you?). Perhaps you are just foul mouthed. I suppose that is your right. Is that the best way for someone to present their self?

PostmodernProphet
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4676

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4678

okay, I read 'em.....basically, the defenses raised are that:
1. no matter how bad Wright's statements were, the church still does good things...
2. his comments were merely a side note to his sermon....
3. the comments on AIDS were just an example to show you can't trust the government like you can trust God....

my response is.....the church could still have done good things without Wright making the comments he made.....the side note he made to his sermon were inappropriate comments.....and if you are going to give examples of why you shouldn't trust the government you ought to be able to come up with adequate material without making up a lot of stupid inflammatory crap.....

04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
you know, all the discussion on Wright just reminds me that Churches should be built upon Christ and not upon black power/theology.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 05:18 AM
you know, all the discussion on Wright just reminds me that Churches should be built upon Christ and not upon black power/theology.

I do not see anything wrong with the ads. They point out Obama's pis poor judgement, who he has in his inner circle, and how he has voted on issues

Yet anytime you criticize a black liberal, the lefwill leap to his/her defense - and perhaps play the race card

CBS Condemns Anti-Obama Ad as Proof Campaign Getting 'Nastier'
By Brent Baker | April 23, 2008 - 21:14 ET

Anti-Barack Obama ads from Hillary Clinton's campaign didn't concern CBS, but on Wednesday night anchor Harry Smith denounced an accurate ad from the North Carolina Republican Party, pointing out Obama's closeness to Reverend Jeremiah Wright and showing the very same “God Damn America” soundbite the CBS Evening News ran a month earlier, as proof the campaign is getting “nastier.”

Smith teased his top story: “The first day of the rest of the campaign, and if you think it can't get nastier.” Viewers than saw a clip of the ad, “He's just too extreme for North Carolina,” before Smith finished his sentence: “Republicans roll out a new attack ad as the battleground shifts.”

After playing clips of the ad -- the narrator saying “For 20 years, Barack Obama sat in his pew listening to his pastor,” Wright yelling “Not God Bless America, God [bleep] America!” and the narrator declaring “He's just too extreme for North Carolina -- Reynolds focused on how “John McCain disowned it.” Reynolds used the ad as another chance to resurrect Bill Cunningham (with a “Barack Hussein Obama” clip) as Reynolds rued: “McCain has been down this path before, repeatedly apologizing or rejecting statements from supporters who have questioned Obama's patriotism.” McCain's requests, Reynolds lamented, “have not been effective” since the North Carolina Republicans “put their ad on the Internet.” Reynolds then highlighted how “Obama said McCain could do more to stop it.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/04/23/cbs-condemns-anti-obama-ad-proof-campaign-getting-nastier

retiredman
04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
okay, I read 'em.....basically, the defenses raised are that:
1. no matter how bad Wright's statements were, the church still does good things...
2. his comments were merely a side note to his sermon....
3. the comments on AIDS were just an example to show you can't trust the government like you can trust God....

my response is.....the church could still have done good things without Wright making the comments he made.....the side note he made to his sermon were inappropriate comments.....and if you are going to give examples of why you shouldn't trust the government you ought to be able to come up with adequate material without making up a lot of stupid inflammatory crap.....

I agree that Wright's comments sometimes slippped over the line. I agree that they were, at times, inappropriate. There certainly is a pretty good case to be made that the American government DID, perhaps, bring about AIDS by funding experimentiation with polio vaccines made from monkeys and their use in trials on unsuspecting african babies in villages which can be tracked back and identified as ground zero of the AIDS virus. It is certainly not a "proven case", but hardly something Wright himself "made up". And, as a UCC church member, I know that our perspective on who we are as a church is not created by our pastor's sermons, but by our own works and missions as a congregation. I would suggest that TUCC should be judged in that same light - there is no doubt that it is judged that way by its members, and that many of them stay to participate in those initiatives regardless of the occasional inflammatory rhetoric they hear from the pulpit.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I agree that Wright's comments sometimes slippped over the line. I agree that they were, at times, inappropriate. There certainly is a pretty good case to be made that the American government DID, perhaps, bring about AIDS by funding experimentiation with polio vaccines made from monkeys and their use in trials on unsuspecting african babies in villages which can be tracked back and identified as ground zero of the AIDS virus. It is certainly not a "proven case", but hardly something Wright himself "made up". And, as a UCC church member, I know that our perspective on who we are as a church is not created by our pastor's sermons, but by our own works and missions as a congregation. I would suggest that TUCC should be judged in that same light - there is no doubt that it is judged that way by its members, and that many of them stay to participate in those initiatives regardless of the occasional inflammatory rhetoric they hear from the pulpit.

Sometimes slipped over the line?

At times inappropriate?

I am not surprised you are defending his rants - most of the hate and blame America crowd is on the left

Wright is a race baiting nut who is keeping racism alive and well in his Church. Barry sat in that Chirch for 20 years, and donated money to this kook

His judgement prevents him from bieng President

theHawk
04-24-2008, 08:10 AM

Anyone else think mfm sounds just like Obama decrying he won't do anymore debates?

'How dare you disrespect me by pointing out my own history!'

red states rule
04-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Anyone else think mfm sounds just like Obama decrying he won't do anymore debates?

'How dare you disrespect me by pointing out my own history!'

Two peas in a pod

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
There certainly is a pretty good case to be made that the American government DID, perhaps, bring about AIDS by funding experimentiation with polio vaccines made from monkeys and their use in trials on unsuspecting african babies in villages which can be tracked back and identified as ground zero of the AIDS virus. It is certainly not a "proven case", but hardly something Wright himself "made up".

I don't care if he made it up or not, he ought to have been smart enough to realize that no, a "pretty good case" cannot be made for such a ridiculous claim......he didn't claim that incompetent research caused AIDS, he claimed it was an intentional act of racism.....therefore your rationalization smacks of bullshit........if I had been a member of a church that had a minister making statements such as this, I would have figured it was time to retire him for senility......if they did good things with leadership such as this, think how much better things they could have done with legitimate leadership......

red states rule
04-24-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't care if he made it up or not, he ought to have been smart enough to realize that no, a "pretty good case" cannot be made for such a ridiculous claim......he didn't claim that incompetent research caused AIDS, he claimed it was an intentional act of racism.....therefore your rationalization smacks of bullshit........if I had been a member of a church that had a minister making statements such as this, I would have figured it was time to retire him for senility......if they did good things with leadership such as this, think how much better things they could have done with legitimate leadership......

Or leave the Church as some people did instead of waiting for Wright to be put out to pasture

Wright's replacement is just as hate filled and bigoted.

retiredman
04-24-2008, 10:34 AM

you should read the accounts of the actions in Africa contained in Edward Hooper's book, The River: A Journey Back to the Source of HIV and AIDS.

According to Hooper's research, the decisions to take untested vaccines to human trials on unsuspecting children in remote villages in Africa as opposed to white affluent neigborhoods in America were driven my racism and greed.

retiredman
04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Wright's replacement is just as hate filled and bigoted.
do you have a link to any statements by Reverend Moss that would lead you to make such a statement?

red states rule
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
do you have a link to any statements by Reverend Moss that would lead you to make such a statement?

Not that facts ever mean a thing to you

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfRKRv0Iog&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfRKRv0Iog&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yurt
04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
comparing lepers to black people, can you get anymore racist? its clear this church is not about christ, but about black power.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 12:31 PM
comparing lepers to black people, can you get anymore racist? its clear this church is not about christ, but about black power.

What is more shocking were the idiots satnding up clapping and cheering.

This racist idiot is making sure racism will be passed down to the next generation

glockmail
04-24-2008, 12:53 PM
This reminds me of a thought I had earlier today while driving and listening to the ad and the local obamite pundits piss and moan about it. Isn't this really political speech? Isn't Wright really touting Democrat principles? Aren't these black preachers like Wright, Jackson, Farrakan and Sharpton selling the Democrat Party to their congregations? If so, then why are they tax exempt based on religious activities?

As a practicing Catholic, I have never heard a sermon from a priest about politics or whining about the political parties, never mind openly supporting a political candidate.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
This reminds me of a thought I had earlier today while driving and listening to the ad and the local obamite pundits piss and moan about it. Isn't this really political speech? Isn't Wright really touting Democrat principles? Aren't these black preachers like Wright, Jackson, Farrakan and Sharpton selling the Democrat Party to their congregations? If so, then why are they tax exempt based on religious activities?

As a practicing Catholic, I have never heard a sermon from a priest about politics or whining about the political parties, never mind openly supporting a political candidate.

Glock, as long as these racist idiots are preaching liberalsim from the pulpit, they are safe. Liberalsim is their real religion

BUT, if anyone ever preachs conservative principals from the pulpit, libs will scream about seperation of church and state - and demand the conservative voice be silenced at once

Then demand the IRS step in and attack

retiredman
04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Not that facts ever mean a thing to you

what a great speaker. He clearly makes the connection between biblical lepers and the treatment of blacks in America and makes the case for turning lemons into empowering lemonade!

red states rule
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
what a great speaker. He clearly makes the connection between biblical lepers and the treatment of blacks in America and makes the case for turning lemons into empowering lemonade!

Not surprised you support another black racist with a hate whitey complex.

You must be scared to say anything agaisnt blacks for the fear you wil be branded a racist

red states rule
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
The nDNC Times is screaming over the NC ad. Seems they do not like the truth about Barry's judgement being called into question

Yet, this same "newspaper" ran a front page story about Jhn McCain without any named sources, new facts, and hinted he was cheating on his wife

North Carolina G.O.P. to Run Ad Using Obama’s Ex-Pastor

Despite objections from Senator John McCain, the North Carolina Republican Party is planning to roll out a television advertisement on Monday attacking two Democrats who are running for governor by linking them to Senator Barack Obama and playing a clip of his former pastor excoriating the United States.

The release of the commercial, which Republican officials in North Carolina said would make its debut during the 6 p.m. newscasts, injects a potentially divisive racial element into the campaign for the state’s Democratic presidential primary, which is on May 6.

for the complete article

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/24/us/politics/24ad.html?scp=

retiredman
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Not surprised you support another black racist with a hate whitey complex.

You must be scared to say anything agaisnt blacks for the fear you wil be branded a racist

you obviously don't like to listen to him...the truth is too painful for you to accept.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 03:00 PM
you obviously don't like to listen to him...the truth is too painful for you to accept.

I do find it hard to listen to a racist asshole. You on the other hand, enciurage them to spread their hate by cheering them on

retiredman
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I do find it hard to listen to a racist asshole. You on the other hand, enciurage them to spread their hate by cheering them on

he said nothing racist at all. He empowered his congregation. good for him.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
he said nothing racist at all. He empowered his congregation. good for him.

Empowered them by hating white people?

Then libs like you wonder why the races are still divided :rolleyes:

retiredman
04-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Empowered them by hating white people?

Then libs like you wonder why the races are still divided :rolleyes:

he never suggested that his congregation hate white people.

Yurt
04-24-2008, 03:17 PM
its clearly a wrong twist of christianity to compare those with a physical disease that is contagious to black people. Christ did not focus on race, He focused on the Heavenly kingdom awaiting all of us. this church is far from christianity, it is a political organization that seeks racial power. black power at is core.

imagine, just imagine a christian church that said their core is white power...

racist obam cult followers are so blind they can't see the truth:

Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

i can just imagine Christ saying such a thing....:rolleyes:

red states rule
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
he never suggested that his congregation hate white people.

Why go to Buger King when you can provide all the whoppers we want :laugh2:

retiredman
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Why go to Buger King when you can provide all the whoppers we want :laugh2:

where does he say to "hate whitey".

Fact: he says no such thing.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
where does he say to "hate whitey".

Fact: he says no such thing.

His "sermon" was clearly insulting whites and his comparsion of lepers to black skinned people is as racist as you can get

But to guilt ridden liberals, they see and hear nothing wrong

retiredman
04-24-2008, 05:08 PM
His "sermon" was clearly insulting whites and his comparsion of lepers to black skinned people is as racist as you can get

you claimed he said to "hate whitey"

now either prove that ridiculous assertion, or tap dance.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 05:10 PM
you claimed he said to "hate whitey"

now either prove that ridiculous assertion, or tap dance.

Some Obamabots, and guilt ridden whites will never say they see black racism, no matter how clear it is shown to them

retiredman
04-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Some Obamabots, and guilt ridden whites will never say they see black racism, no matter how clear it is shown to them:dance:

nice tap dance. I knew you'd pick that option. you always do!:lol:

red states rule
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
:dance:

nice tap dance. I knew you'd pick that option. you always do!:lol:

Well MFM I can lead a jackass to the facts, but I can't make him admit to them:laugh2:

retiredman
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Well MFM I can lead a jackass to the facts, but I can't make him admit to them:laugh2:

you just can't prove your assertion, can you?

but do keep tapdancing. you're funny in a really pathetic sort of way.

see ya later...I'm off to choir practice. :lol:

red states rule
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
the liberal media is still pissing their pants over factual ads about Barry's 20 year relationship with a balck racist

Meanwhile the wimpy John McCain has called for the ad not to be run.

NBC's Mitchell Smells 'Jesse Helms' GOP In Reverend Wright Ad
By Tim Graham | April 24, 2008 - 17:12 ET

On Election Night 1990, after the news broke that Sen. Jesse Helms had beaten black Democrat Harvey Gantt, NBC’s Andrea Mitchell mourned "This has really been a heart-breaking race," and compared Helms to racist David Duke. On Thursday, Mitchell was seeing old Helms commercials as she denounced the North Carolina Republican Party ads featuring Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s "God damn America" comments. "This has such deep roots in the North Carolina Republican Party, the Jesse Helms Republican Party," she complained on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

During her 1 pm newscast on Wednesday, Mitchell interviewed McCain adviser Jack Kemp, and asked him what the ad says "about the Republican Party." Kemp agreed with McCain’s call to pull the ad, but displeased Mitchell by adding "The American people know exactly what Reverend Wright stands for. That's Barack Obama's problem and it's going to stick for him for a long time to come."

In the 8 am hour of Morning Joe, co-host Willie Geist cued up the North Carolina GOP ad with disdain, as if the garbage truck was coming around the corner: "We’ve seen this theme. We knew it was coming." After the ad was replayed, Mitchell was sour: "Classic...I mean, this goes -- this has such deep roots in the North Carolina Republican Party. The Jesse Helms Republican Party, this kind of advertising. John McCain has disavowed it."

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/04/24/nbcs-mitchell-smells-jesse-helms-gop-reverend-wright-ad

retiredman
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
you just can't prove your assertion, can you?

but do keep tapdancing. you're funny in a really pathetic sort of way.

see ya later...I'm off to choir practice. :lol:

so not only can RSR NOT prove his assertion that Reverend Otis said anything about "hating whitey", he neg reps me for asking him for some shred of proof. What a fucking little bitch he is.:laugh2:

red states rule
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
so not only can RSR NOT prove his assertion that Reverend Otis said anything about "hating whitey", he neg reps me for asking him for some shred of proof. What a fucking little bitch he is.:laugh2:

His "sermon" said it all, you are to biased and drunk on Barry Kool Aide to admit it.

BTW, want a Kleenex?

retiredman
04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
His "sermon" said it all, you are to biased and drunk on Barry Kool Aide to admit it.

BTW, want a Kleenex?

in his sermon, he never urged anyone to "hate whitey" which is what you claimed.

and you don't have the balls to admit you overplayed your hand.

little whiny bitch.

Yurt
04-24-2008, 08:34 PM

exactly rsr, while he may have have explicitly said those words, the implication is 100% clear from his phony sermon. he is clearly telling the people that whites treat blacks like lepers. i'm sure he is saying this so all those good black people stand up and go hug whitey today. surely that phony sermon was meant to bring whites and blacks closer, yeah, thats it, they treat us like lepers, lets go and have potluck with them.

only a fool would deny his speech was purposefully intent on inciting hatred or strong dislike.

red states rule
04-24-2008, 08:40 PM
only a fool would deny his speech was purposefully intent on inciting hatred or strong dislike.

That explains why MFM denies it :laugh2:

retiredman
04-24-2008, 09:21 PM

gratuitous insults. where's the beef?

or is this all part of you and yurt's homo mating dance?

you make statements you can't back up. it is what you do... that, and spam the board with editorials and claim they are facts...oh yeah... and post stupid one liners that Rush "OXYmoron" Limbaugh taught you!

Yurt
04-24-2008, 09:23 PM

so true, his very next post was a sexual insult....but no discussion as to why we are wrong about the new pastor's racist mongering.... could be mfm fantasizes about us....gross, but why would he talk about us in a sexual way

he's scared

retiredman
04-24-2008, 09:33 PM
so true, his very next post was a sexual insult....but no discussion as to why we are wrong about the new pastor's racist mongering.... could be mfm fantasizes about us....gross, but why would he talk about us in a sexual way

he's scared

I loved Otis' sermon. He urged his congregation to take lemons and make lemonade. He empowered them. He NEVER said a thing about hating whitey. And listen young fella. I am not scared of anything in this world... certainly not you. You need to get over yourself. As far as me sexually fantasizing about a creepy half jew lawyer and a cancer ridden moron? I go for much more conventional stuff...and my wife takes care of it for me.

but thanks anyway.

Kathianne
04-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I loved Otis' sermon. He urged his congregation to take lemons and make lemonade. He empowered them. He NEVER said a thing about hating whitey. And listen young fella. I am not scared of anything in this world... certainly not you. You need to get over yourself. As far as me sexually fantasizing about a creepy half jew lawyer and a cancer ridden moron? I go for much more conventional stuff...and my wife takes care of it for me.

but thanks anyway.

Question: Did he say 'anything' about 'whitey' hating, abusing, taking advantage of 'him'?

Defining the enemy is fine, if justified. In this case, at this time, I think it's wrong.

That's not denying there aren't bigots and worse. It is denying the fact that the vast majority of whites do not feel that way, but are being demonized.

retiredman
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Question: Did he say 'anything' about 'whitey' hating, abusing, taking advantage of 'him'?

Defining the enemy is fine, if justified. In this case, at this time, I think it's wrong.

That's not denying there aren't bigots and worse. It is denying the fact that the vast majority of whites do not feel that way, but are being demonized.

but the number or whates who DO feel that way still outnumbers the blacks....and they still have all the power. I am white, and I don't feel demonized by Otis' sermon in the least. I look forward to worshipping with TUCC the very next time I go to Chicago to play golf with my baby brother.

Kathianne
04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
but the number or whates who DO feel that way still outnumbers the blacks....and they still have all the power. I am white, and I don't feel demonized by Otis' sermon in the least. I look forward to worshipping with TUCC the very next time I go to Chicago to play golf with my baby brother.

What's the percentage of blacks backing Obama? Want to speak about racism? Is this a fair measure?

retiredman
04-24-2008, 10:09 PM
What's the percentage of blacks backing Obama? Want to speak about racism? Is this a fair measure?

underdogs pulling for the underdog. I don't think that is racism, that is American.

Kathianne
04-24-2008, 10:09 PM
underdogs pulling for the underdog. I don't think that is racism, that is American.

word.

red states rule
04-25-2008, 05:08 AM
Looks like Moss is following in the footsteps of Wright. More racism every Sunday from this "church"

Obama Tied to More Racists

By Sher Zieve

As the leftist media valiantly attempts to bury any additional and factual racist-related stories about their presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL), new information regarding Obama’s ties to racism and anti-Americanism are still emerging. And just as Obama’s former self-admitted anti-American/anti-white people/anti-Semitic pastor Jeremiah Wright has skulked off the pulpit of the inaptly named “Trinity United Church of Christ”, another apparently racism-preaching minister—Otis Moss—is picking up where Wright left off.

And there is, yet, another one—Minister James Meeks. But, let’s begin with Moss.

During this year’s Easter sermon, Moss (I will not refer to him or anyone who preaches hatred from the pulpit or elsewhere as “Reverend”) said of the reporting and dissemination of the truth about Wright’s hate-filled sermons as a “lynching”—a term used to inflame the congregation. Moss said: “No one should start a ministry with lynching. No one should end their ministry with lynching. The lynching was national news. The RNN, the Roman News Network, was reporting it and NPR—National ‘Publican’ Radio had it on the radio. The Jerusalem Post and the Palestine Times all wanted exclusives, they searched out the young ministers, showed up unannounced at their houses, tried to talk with their families, called up their friends, wanted to get a quote on how do you feel about the lynching?”

Note: It appears that Moss and Wright are the ones who begin and end their ministries with the term ‘lynching’. From his comments, it also appears that Moss does not believe in actually discovering the facts of a story. And with his referral to National “Publican” (trying to indicate “Republican” pastor?), it’s patently obvious that Moss has never really listened to NPR—which is notoriously leftist in its programming and presented viewpoint.

Yes. This is Senator Obama’s church—and has been for over 20 years. This is the same racist church that he, his wife and children attend. Questions: Can forcing children to listen to hate-speech be considered child-abuse? Or, is it only abuse if it’s not politically-correct liberal or Left-speak? Despite its name, this is not a church that preaches Christianity, folks.

http://www.therealitycheck.org/2008/03/24/obama-tied-to-more-racists/

semi liberal girl
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Racism is racism no matter who is doing it. Alot of the blacks voting for Sen obama are doing so simply because he is black

retiredman
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Racism is racism no matter who is doing it. Alot of the blacks voting for Sen obama are doing so simply because he is black

anyone who votes for Obama SOLELY because he is black is a fool. Any blacks who vote for Obama because he reflects their political philosophy, and they think he is qualified AND they think it is high time that a black man was president are acting reasonably and out of enlightened self interest.

theHawk
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
anyone who votes for Obama SOLELY because he is black is a fool.

In other words, everyone who votes for Obama is a fool. 'Cause I don't see why anyone would vote for him for any other reason. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-25-2008, 04:33 PM
anyone who votes for Obama SOLELY because he is black is a fool. Any blacks who vote for Obama because he reflects their political philosophy, and they think he is qualified AND they think it is high time that a black man was president are acting reasonably and out of enlightened self interest.

Once you put that last reason (bolded) in there, it nulllifies any and all other reasons. It becomes "about race" no matter what other reasons are trotted out to camouflage it.

If I said I would vote for McCain because he is strong on defense, and taxes, AND I think a white man should be in the White house, it would be about race.

Yurt
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM

what if they like "some" other issues he has but the fact he is black greatly influences their decision? does this fit your last sentence? if so, that is racist. then again, you support black power.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Once you put that last reason (bolded) in there, it nulllifies any and all other reasons. It becomes "about race" no matter what other reasons are trotted out to camouflage it.

If I said I would vote for McCain because he is strong on defense, and taxes, AND I think a white man should be in the White house, it would be about race. Oh come on now Abbey, you can't use that for a racism test with maineman. He rejected that a while back. Sorry.

retiredman
04-25-2008, 07:14 PM

If I said I would vote for McCain because he is strong on defense, and taxes, AND I think a white man should be in the White house, it would be about race.

so...would you say that catholics in America who voted for John F. Kennedy did so because it was "about religion"?

retiredman
04-25-2008, 07:16 PM
what if they like "some" other issues he has but the fact he is black greatly influences their decision? does this fit your last sentence? if so, that is racist. then again, you support black power.

I support black power? really? I would alternatively suggest that you support keeping the black man in his place.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I support black power? really? I would alternatively suggest that you support keeping the black man in his place. This, coming from a Democrat. :pee:

retiredman
04-25-2008, 07:21 PM
This, coming from a Democrat. :pee:

this, coming from a urinating pedophiliac monkey!

Yurt
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I support black power? really? I would alternatively suggest that you support keeping the black man in his place.

you have stated that you support obama's church. obama's church was founded on black power. you have never rebuked the church for having black power at its core. your lies are becoming boring....

retiredman
04-25-2008, 08:00 PM
you have stated that you support obama's church. obama's church was founded on black power. you have never rebuked the church for having black power at its core. your lies are becoming boring....

Trinity UCC has the gospel of Jesus Christ at its core. I fully support that core belief.

Your personal attacks are becoming annoyingly tedious.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 08:49 PM
this, coming from a urinating pedophiliac monkey!
Its a squirrel, el queerbo. :slap:

glockmail
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Your personal attacks are becoming annoyingly tedious. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=236370&postcount=588

retiredman
04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=236370&postcount=588

so...what else ya got? are you gonna just play the insult game ad infinitum, or are you willing to take it to a higher level of discourse?

Yurt
04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Trinity UCC has the gospel of Jesus Christ at its core. I fully support that core belief.

Your personal attacks are becoming annoyingly tedious.

my personal attacks? get real, you take insults to a whole new level...and make them VERY personal. i only rag on you, you however, make the insults personal, you get into more than just me being a lawyer, but about where i should be in life at my age, yet it is "ME" who is personal? oh well, another lie by MFM, no surprise.

lets prove you wrong, again, about TUCC:

i have posted this about 4 times this week. yet you run. no worries. here it is again MFM.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
so...what else ya got? are you gonna just play the insult game ad infinitum, or are you willing to take it to a higher level of discourse?

speak for yourself, little boy fucker

Sorry Lucy. Is that what your old man whispered in your ear when he had his dick up your ass?

retiredman
04-25-2008, 09:23 PM
my personal attacks? get real, you take insults to a whole new level...and make them VERY personal. i only rag on you, you however, make the insults personal, you get into more than just me being a lawyer, but about where i should be in life at my age, yet it is "ME" who is personal? oh well, another lie by MFM, no surprise.

lets prove you wrong, again, about TUCC:

i have posted this about 4 times this week. yet you run. no worries. here it is again MFM.

your assertions about the theology of TUCC are not factual, but your opinion. As I stated, TUCC is first and foremost about preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. I preach the same thing.

and your girlieman whining about my insults while minimizing your own is self serving and laughable.

Yurt
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM
your assertions about the theology of TUCC are not factual, but your opinion. As I stated, TUCC is first and foremost about preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. I preach the same thing.

and your girlieman whining about my insults while minimizing your own is self serving and laughable.

uh, wrong, as usual mfm. your assertions about "first and foremost" have no foundation in fact, whereas my assertions are on display for all to see....

now for the FIFTH time, let us show you your error:

all your gay insults will not change the facts i have presented. you are free to continue your fag insults, however, i will continue to present facts, not closet dreams like you where men are wiping sexual ..... off their chins...

retiredman
04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
uh, wrong, as usual mfm. your assertions about "first and foremost" have no foundation in fact, whereas my assertions are on display for all to see....

now for the FIFTH time, let us show you your error:

all your gay insults will not change the facts i have presented. you are free to continue your fag insults, however, i will continue to present facts, not closet dreams like you where men are wiping sexual ..... off their chins...

for the fifth time, your statements about TUCC are not factual, but opinion.

Yurt
04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
for the fifth time, your statements about TUCC are not factual, but opinion.

care to explain how their website makes an "opinion?" i only present their words, not mine, so again you are lying.

retiredman
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Black theology is one of the many theologies in the Americas that became popular during the liberation theology movement. They include Hispanic theology, Native American theology, Asian theology and Womanist theology.

• I use the word “systematized” because Black liberation theology was in existence long before Dr. Cone’s book. It originates in the days of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. It was systematized and published by theologians, Old Testament scholars, New Testament scholars, ethicists, church historians, and historians of religion such as Dr. James Cone, Dr. Cain Hope Felder, Dr. Gayraud Wilmore, Dr. Jacqueline Grant, Dr. Kelley Brown Douglas, Dr. Renita Weems, Dr. Katie Cannon, Dr. Dwight Hopkins, Dr. Linda Thomas, and Dr. Randall Bailey.

• These scholars, who write in various disciplines, also include seminary presidents like Dr. John Kinney and professors of Hebrew Bible, like Dr. Jerome Ross. Black liberation theology defines Africans and African Americans as subjects – not the objects which colonizers and oppressors have consistently defined “others” as.

• We [African Americans] were always seen as objects. When we started defining ourselves, it scared those who try to control others by naming them and defining them for them; Oppressors do not like “others” defining themselves.

• To have a church whose theological perspective starts from the vantage point of Black liberation theology being its center, is not to say that African or African American people are superior to any one else.

• African-centered thought, unlike Eurocentrism, does not assume superiority and look at everyone else as being inferior.

• There is more than one center from which to view the world. In the words of Dr. Janice Hale, “Difference does not mean deficience.” It is from this vantage point that Black liberation theology speaks.

• Systematized Black liberation theology is 40 years old. Scholars of African and African American religious history show that Black liberation theology, however, has been in existence for 400 years. It is found in the songs, the sermons, the testimonies and the oral literature of Africans throughout the Diaspora.

TYPICAL SHYSTER SHEENY BASTARD TO TAKE QUOTES OUT OF CONTEXT

Yurt
04-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Black theology is one of the many theologies in the Americas that became popular during the liberation theology movement. They include Hispanic theology, Native American theology, Asian theology and Womanist theology.

• I use the word “systematized” because Black liberation theology was in existence long before Dr. Cone’s book. It originates in the days of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. It was systematized and published by theologians, Old Testament scholars, New Testament scholars, ethicists, church historians, and historians of religion such as Dr. James Cone, Dr. Cain Hope Felder, Dr. Gayraud Wilmore, Dr. Jacqueline Grant, Dr. Kelley Brown Douglas, Dr. Renita Weems, Dr. Katie Cannon, Dr. Dwight Hopkins, Dr. Linda Thomas, and Dr. Randall Bailey.

• These scholars, who write in various disciplines, also include seminary presidents like Dr. John Kinney and professors of Hebrew Bible, like Dr. Jerome Ross. Black liberation theology defines Africans and African Americans as subjects – not the objects which colonizers and oppressors have consistently defined “others” as.

• We [African Americans] were always seen as objects. When we started defining ourselves, it scared those who try to control others by naming them and defining them for them; Oppressors do not like “others” defining themselves.

• To have a church whose theological perspective starts from the vantage point of Black liberation theology being its center, is not to say that African or African American people are superior to any one else.

• African-centered thought, unlike Eurocentrism, does not assume superiority and look at everyone else as being inferior.

• There is more than one center from which to view the world. In the words of Dr. Janice Hale, “Difference does not mean deficience.” It is from this vantage point that Black liberation theology speaks.

• Systematized Black liberation theology is 40 years old. Scholars of African and African American religious history show that Black liberation theology, however, has been in existence for 400 years. It is found in the songs, the sermons, the testimonies and the oral literature of Africans throughout the Diaspora.

TYPICAL SHYSTER SHEENY BASTARD TO TAKE QUOTES OUT OF CONTEXT

well, i see you did not give YOUR opinion, you gave a "sound bite" or a "link" to someone else's idea. whats sa matta big boy, cant come up with your own? isn't that what you cry about with RSR? not one word or YOUR opinion or thought, the very thing you bitch about. hypocrite.

you again, insult my parents. i will not stoop to your sick level. all your spam did nothing to disprove this:

glockmail
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Yurt: Manfrommaine is too busy running through sexually related insults of my extended family now in PMs to bother responding. :laugh2:

retiredman
04-25-2008, 10:03 PM
well, i see you did not give YOUR opinion, you gave a "sound bite" or a "link" to someone else's idea. whats sa matta big boy, cant come up with your own? isn't that what you cry about with RSR? not one word or YOUR opinion or thought, the very thing you bitch about. hypocrite.

you again, insult my parents. i will not stoop to your sick level. all your spam did nothing to disprove this:

you quoted one sentence of Wright's statement and I qouted the rest.

I would suggest that the "rest" that I quoted pretty much negated your little soundbite.

retiredman
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Yurt: Manfrommaine is too busy running through sexually related insults of my extended family now in PMs to bother responding. :laugh2:

and you have been quoting scripture in PM's to me, no doubt?

glockmail
04-25-2008, 10:09 PM
and you have been quoting scripture in PM's to me, no doubt?
I kept it to you and your drunk father. You're the one who dragged my 76 year old mother into it. :finger3:

retiredman
04-25-2008, 10:18 PM
I kept it to you and your drunk father. You're the one who dragged my 76 year old mother into it. :finger3:

your 76 year old mother is a whore.

and a lousy one at that.

semi liberal girl
04-26-2008, 05:46 AM

Then there are alot of black fools out there

As well as alot of white ones

I hate to see so many in my party votong for a Nanny who they think will take care of them, and not the leader of the United States

semi liberal girl
04-26-2008, 06:00 AM

I hate to see fellow Democrats using the race card to try and silence people from speaking out against Sen Obama

Is this what my party has come to. A bunch of race baiters? Is this going to be the way the election will be run? If you speak out against Sen Obama yoiu are a racist?

semi liberal girl
04-26-2008, 06:02 AM

and a lousy one at that.

You are a total embarrassment to the Democrat party

glockmail
04-26-2008, 09:02 AM

and a lousy one at that.Totally classless man. Just because your father took liberties with you as a young boy does not give you the right to insult my mother. I realize that you have some serious life problems to overcome but lashing out at other people isn't going to cure you.

semi liberal girl
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Totally classless man. Just because your father took liberties with you as a young boy does not give you the right to insult my mother. I realize that you have some serious life problems to overcome but lashing out at other people isn't going to cure you.

How did a thread about the NC GOP's ad calling Sen Obamas judgement get to this?

glockmail
04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
How did a thread about the NC GOP's ad calling Sen Obamas judgement get to this? About two years ago at another board I had a picture of my son, who was 13 at the time, and me, at a ski area between runs. After losing a debate MFM’s method of dealing with that was to use innuendos involving my young son, me, painful anal sex, and ski suits. I ended up leaving that board because of it, and started posting here at DP.

DP had already banned “maineman” for life, but he was apparently monitoring the board, because as soon as I registered, he re-registered and “manfrommaine” (MFM) and PM’d me with a repeated insult. I forwarded this to OCA, who was a moderator at the time, and within about ten minutes MFM was banned from DP, for life.

As you can see I’ve posted here a lot since then and gathered a large positive rep. Somehow the ban got lifted and MFM is back here. I spent a long time about 4 or 5 months ago convincing him that he was over the top and should apologize. After about a month of intense debate over this I decided to change tactics a bit and give him a taste of his own medicine, and started to insult his father the same way the he insulted my teenage son. THAT made him realize how wrong he had been and he finally apologized, and agreed never to do it again.

Since then he and I have had some continuing debates, and whenever he’s lost intellectually and resorted to personal insults I have reminded him of what he had done in the past. That worked to back him off for a while. However, he has spent a huge effort trying to defend the indefensible in the “Troops in Iraq” thread, and when I got him tightly cornered the other day he just couldn’t handle it and used the ski suit reference again.

These posts are summarized here: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=236420&postcount=2212

manfrommaine aka maineman simply cannot handle intellectual political debate, and when he loses will resort to disgusting sexual insults involving you and your family. A permanent ban for him would only benefit this board.

jackass
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM

and a lousy one at that.

MFM you should no better now. Consider this your warning.

Yurt
04-26-2008, 03:01 PM
FACT:

it is not a "soundbite" it is a fact

OCA
04-26-2008, 08:44 PM

and a lousy one at that.

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

Preacher my ass, i'll bet my mortgage on it.