PDA

View Full Version : America Needs Miracle

OCA
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
CHUCK BALDWIN: ONLY A MIRACLE CAN SAVE AMERICA NOW

by Chuck Baldwin
Constitution Party 2004 Vice Presidential Candidate

Every four years, conservative "pragmatists" trot out the "We Can’t Let So-And-So Win" mantra. Of course, the so-and-so in question is always the Democratic Presidential candidate. For all of my adult life, I have been listening to so-called "conservative" Republicans warn us of the impending doom that would befall our country if the Democratic candidate were elected. And this year is no different.

This year’s Republican primary did provide a wonderful aberration, however, to the usual choices between Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Republicans had an opportunity to nominate a real American constitutionalist, a statesman in the similitude of Thomas Jefferson or James Madison. That man was Texas Congressman, Ron Paul. Unfortunately, the Republican faithful seem to be incapable of discerning the marks of true greatness, not to mention fidelity to constitutional government. It is doubtful that most of them even understand what constitutional government is. And as for Christian conservatives, they can barely see any issues beyond abortion and "gay rights." To try and convince them to support a constitutionalist candidate is like talking to a brick wall.

So, what choice does the Republican Party offer the American people this year? The worst of all possible choices: good old John "McSame" McCain.

Read more here:

http://www.constitutionparty.com/news.php?aid=744

OCA
04-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Although I was not a fan of Ron Paul myself, on a personal level I thought he was a kook, this guy makes alot of sense.

82Marine89
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I've been a fan of 'Dr. No' for about 10 years now.

04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
There are definitely some things i liked about Ron Paul, but honestly, i dont think he was as great as some of his supporters thought.

On the other hand im not thrilled with McCain either.

Hobbit
04-24-2008, 10:32 AM
I like where Ron Paul goes most of the time, but he seems to want to do it too fast, not to mention the fact that he takes an isolationist worldview, which just isn't possible in today's society, especially considering the threat of Islam.

If Ron Paul was totally in charge today, the troops, not just in Iraq, but worldwide, would be pulled back and pretty much all federal taxes would go away, creating a huge deficit and making the national debt hard to pay off, even if all entitlements were ceased.

However, he was for shrinking the federal government to near microscopic levels, the likes of which haven't been seen in 150 years, guarding the border, ending handouts, nearly eliminating federal taxes, and many other things I can get behind.