PDA

View Full Version : Parents who behave like children

gabosaurus
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
I got to sit in on a mediation session between the school district and an angry parent. Apparently these two parties go through this on a regular basis.

Mom is a single parent who believes her daughter has never done a wrong thing in her life. Daughter, a 16-year-old HS freshman, is a regular troublemaker and expert shit stirrer. She agitates teachers and other students, then tells mom it is the other person's fault.

This incident was a lot more serious. Daughter has been taunting an older girl for a couple of years. Older girl is shy and usually doesn't respond. Which has made daughter increasingly bold and brazen.

Sometime last week, older girl's mom died. Daughter found out and made some choice comments. Older girl got upset and left school, but was waiting when school ended. Caught up with daughter and beat her severely. So badly that an ambulance had to be called.

The school principal decided that both girls needed to spend the rest of the semester in the alternative center. Daughter's mom was outraged, saying that her kid did nothing wrong. She wanted the other kid arrested.

When the mediator ruled against her, the mom literally threw a temper tantrum. Complete with foul language, legal threats and kicking a desk and a table. They had to call security.

What gets into these parents? Can they not see past their own offspring?

Said1
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I thought you did more than take classes for 6 yrs.....I thought you had experience and knew stuff and junk?

I could give you the answer, but you need to look it up.

And NO telling Kathianne, she has to do it her own self! :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
they are just biased, and stupid.

excellent thread gabs

I got to sit in on a mediation session between the school district and an angry parent. Apparently these two parties go through this on a regular basis.

Mom is a single parent who believes her daughter has never done a wrong thing in her life. Daughter, a 16-year-old HS freshman, is a regular troublemaker and expert shit stirrer. She agitates teachers and other students, then tells mom it is the other person's fault.

This incident was a lot more serious. Daughter has been taunting an older girl for a couple of years. Older girl is shy and usually doesn't respond. Which has made daughter increasingly bold and brazen.

Sometime last week, older girl's mom died. Daughter found out and made some choice comments. Older girl got upset and left school, but was waiting when school ended. Caught up with daughter and beat her severely. So badly that an ambulance had to be called.

The school principal decided that both girls needed to spend the rest of the semester in the alternative center. Daughter's mom was outraged, saying that her kid did nothing wrong. She wanted the other kid arrested.

When the mediator ruled against her, the mom literally threw a temper tantrum. Complete with foul language, legal threats and kicking a desk and a table. They had to call security.

What gets into these parents? Can they not see past their own offspring?

LiberalNation
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Glad to hear the freshman girl got her ass kicked. That's one lessoned learned right there that even her physco mom cant undo.

Kathianne
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought you did more than take classes for 6 yrs.....I thought you had experience and knew stuff and junk?

Why am I unsurprised you caught that problem in her story? :laugh2: I won't tell. However...

Abbey, read again what you posted, otherwise you're dead meat.

dan
04-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Glad to hear the freshman girl got her ass kicked. That's one lessoned learned right there that even her physco mom cant undo.

Amazingly, LiberalNation is exactly right!

Abbey Marie
04-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Why am I unsurprised you caught that problem in her story? :laugh2: I won't tell. However...

Abbey, read again what you posted, otherwise you're dead meat.

Did you mean "Gabby" Kath?

Abbey Marie
04-24-2008, 01:33 AM

Very perceptive, LN. And sometimes unfortunately it's the only way to get through to some people.

remie
04-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Amazingly, LiberalNation is exactly right!

Even a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then......J/K LN

Dilloduck
04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
they are just biased, and stupid.

excellent thread gabs

Amazing----and you didn't even need a degree to figure that one out !! :laugh2:

glockmail
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM

:lol: The pshrink can't figure it out.

Unfortunately psycho Mom probably has a legal case outside of the school. If the older girl responded to verbal injury with physical injury, and daughter simply defended herself, the older girl can be brought up on assault charges.

Notwithstanding, of course, that daughter deserved everything she got and then some.

When I was a kid it didn't matter what we did or said, if I ended up in trouble, regardless of my actions, somehow or someway, my parents would always figure out a way to blame me. In retrospect I can see their wisdom.

gabosaurus
04-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately psycho Mom probably has a legal case outside of the school. If the older girl responded to verbal injury with physical injury, and daughter simply defended herself, the older girl can be brought up on assault charges.

This was a school district mediation hearing. Mom was appealing a ruling made by the district.
If Mom wants to have the other girl arrested, she needs to go to the police and press charges.
The district ruled that both girls were in violation of the anti-fighting policy. Mom's daughter was in violation of rules against "taunting and unprovoked agitation with the intent to cause disruption."

So where is the "problem" with that?

glockmail
04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
No wonder why you're incompetent in your chosen field of expertise. Your reading comprehension is atrocious! What part of “Unfortunately psycho Mom probably has a legal case outside of the school.” Is difficult to understand? :laugh2:

diuretic
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Since Gab is focussed on the behaviours of these various actors in how their interactions touch on the requirements of the school district then it's perfectly reasonable that she ignores any behaviours that allegedly occur outside the interests and jurisdiction of the school district. In fact as those reports are hearsay at this stage she's probably obliged to ignore them or allow hearsay to infect the mediation process.

glockmail
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Like the school exists in a vacuum. :pee:

diuretic
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Like the school exists in a vacuum. :pee:

Is that all you have? In irrelevant, offhanded remark and a smiley?

Can't you at least enlarge on your point? Or can you give a shot at rebutting my point which was about a counsellor being involved in a mediation process and not a review of school district policy?

Or are you just going to sulk?

gabosaurus
04-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Talk about poor reading comprehension!
I was in no way "involved" in the mediation process. Another counselor and I were allowed to observe the meeting, with the permission of both parties. I said nothing, was asked nothing and had no part in the reaching of the final decision.
Then again, there are those who need to find some source of contention in anything, just to validate themselves.

diuretic
04-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Talk about poor reading comprehension!
I was in no way "involved" in the mediation process. Another counselor and I were allowed to observe the meeting, with the permission of both parties. I said nothing, was asked nothing and had no part in the reaching of the final decision.
Then again, there are those who need to find some source of contention in anything, just to validate themselves.

1. You're right, I misread it.
2. I'm half-Irish, I'll find an argument anywhere and I don't need to be seeking self-validation to do so :laugh2:

Kathianne
04-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Did you mean "Gabby" Kath?

Of course, I just saw that typo! Too late to edit it. Sorry.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Is that all you have? In irrelevant, offhanded remark and a smiley?

Can't you at least enlarge on your point? Or can you give a shot at rebutting my point which was about a counsellor being involved in a mediation process and not a review of school district policy?

Or are you just going to sulk?

Delicious irony!

diuretic
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Delicious irony!

Irony my arse :laugh2:

You still haven't answered my point about mediation as against district policy. Doesn't matter if Gab was involved or not, the point stands.

Irony. Jeez.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Irony my arse :laugh2:

You still haven't answered my point about mediation as against district policy. Doesn't matter if Gab was involved or not, the point stands.

Irony. Jeez.
That's because I was commenting on the thread topic: the parent who behaves like a child. Regardless of the school policy, she probably has a legal case against the older girl who used physical violence in response to verbal abuse.

You're trying to have an argument with me about something that I didn't comment on. That's the irony, bloke! :laugh2:

diuretic
04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
That's because I was commenting on the thread topic: the parent who behaves like a child. Regardless of the school policy, she probably has a legal case against the older girl who used physical violence in response to verbal abuse.

You're trying to have an argument with me about something that I didn't comment on. That's the irony, bloke! :laugh2:

Hmm, try this from you:

No wonder why you're incompetent in your chosen field of expertise. Your reading comprehension is atrocious! What part of “Unfortunately psycho Mom probably has a legal case outside of the school.” Is difficult to understand?

Nice stuff. Really constructive comment. You weren't commenting on the thread topic, you were just indulging yourself in yet another personal attack.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Hmm, try this from you:

Nice stuff. Really constructive comment. You weren't commenting on the thread topic, you were just indulging yourself in yet another personal attack.

I'm typically one to defend myself. What's your point?

diuretic
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm typically one to defend myself. What's your point?

My point is that you tend to attack the person rather than the idea or the point being made. When you do get to looking at the point it's usually after some sort of mini-rant against the person making the point. Don't your courts disallow bullying of a witness during cross-examination? Or is it just your style?

glockmail
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM
My point is that you tend to attack the person rather than the idea or the point being made. When you do get to looking at the point it's usually after some sort of mini-rant against the person making the point. Don't your courts disallow bullying of a witness during cross-examination? Or is it just your style?That was a counterattack against someone elses' attack on me. Try again.

diuretic
04-26-2008, 07:11 AM
I'll pass thanks.