PDA

View Full Version : Get The F Out Of Obama's Way!

Kathianne
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Why won't they? Be it Dems or Reps? Don't they get he's annointed?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080423/us_time/aprimarywithnoend

A Primary with No End

By AMY SULLIVAN/WASHINGTON

gabosaurus
04-23-2008, 10:41 PM
The Pope anointed Obama with Holy Water before he went back to The Vatican. Didn't you get the memo on that?

Yurt
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
The Pope anointed Obama with Holy Water before he went back to The Vatican. Didn't you get the memo on that?

as the pope's secretary, why didn't you get the memo out?

PostmodernProphet
04-24-2008, 05:36 AM

that's the problem.....the Dems have TWO anointed candidates.....

midcan5
04-24-2008, 07:44 PM
that's the problem.....the Dems have TWO anointed candidates.....

And the republicans have one soul seller. I pick anointed over selling out.

Dilloduck
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
It's Hillarys turn ,dammit ! :poke:

04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
And the republicans have one soul seller. I pick anointed over selling out.

You put me in an odd position here. I am not a fan of McCain. In fact, he is likely the second to last guy I wanted to see get the Republicn nomination. However, I also dislike seeing people unfairly attacked. Id say its due to my profession, but honestly, I've always been like that.

So now youve put me in the position of defending McCain because quite honestly, i dont think you hve any basis for concluding that McCain has sold his soul. In fact, its a rather pitiful argument that screams that you really dont have any factual basis to go after Mccain (which is really absurd because there is legitimate stuff to go after him on).

This has got to be a record month for weirdness. I end up arguing on behalf of McCain, Gabs, Clinton, alledged sex offenders, attempted murders, druggies, etc (although seems a bit reduntant to list all those after Ive mentioned Clinton). Seriously if I have to end up defending Psycho or Joe Steel, this months going to be the month hell freezes over.

04-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Honestly, I think the wrier is Naive and completely missing what is going on.

1)There was no way Clinton was ever going to leave the campaign.
2)There is no luck involved in this campaign going on the way it has. I know the media refuses to acknowledge the facts here, but Operation Chaos is making an impact. Can anyone honestly provide a reason other than Republican crossover votes for Clinton that is keeping this race limping forward to the convention? It wasn't luck. Its simply a brilliant political strategy designed to fracture the Democrat part. And it's working.
3)Anyone with half a brain knew the race would continue past PA. Hillary always had a commanding lead there. There was no way she could end it there.
4)Neither candidate can take the nomination before the convention. Even if someone manages to clean the others clock in all the rest of the primaries, the proportionate delegate system will keep the delegate count nearly even. Neither candidate is going to yeild to the other when they cant make the win. And why the heck should they? It's not their fault that the political leaders are a bunch of morons who designed the primaries this way. But then if i remember Walter Mondale had a big hand in designing it, so i cant imagine that this mess is that difficult to understand with him in charge.

What I think is amusing in all this is its a great exercise in karma coming back to bite the Democrats in the butt. They picked our nominee by supporting McCain in Vermont. If they had voted in their own party and supported Obama then like many of them had planned, McCain likely would have lost and Obama would have essentially sealed the nomination then. It might have been the Republicans who were going to the convention now.

But karma is in play.

midcan5
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
What I think is amusing in all this is its a great exercise in karma coming back to bite the Democrats in the butt. They picked our nominee by supporting McCain in Vermont. If they had voted in their own party and supported Obama then like many of them had planned, McCain likely would have lost and Obama would have essentially sealed the nomination then. It might have been the Republicans who were going to the convention now.

But karma is in play.

Vermont voters are among the independent in the country, provide proof. And McCain's flip flopping is obvious and well known.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Vermont voters are among the independent in the country, provide proof.....

Provide proof of that. I was just up there, and it was teeming with hippies who had anti-bush stickers on their Subarus.

04-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Vermont voters are among the independent in the country, provide proof. And McCain's flip flopping is obvious and well known.

proof of what? if you are going to write finish the sentence.

So McCain is a flip flopper now? Well that shouldnt stop any Kerry supports from considering him then.