PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Teeth in the U.S.

Hobbit
04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Here's a map with charts and stuff about dental health in large cities.

http://www.menshealth.com/metrogrades/08_apr_teeth/

The funny thing is showing this to condescending New Englanders and other people who use the term 'flyover country,' since the best and worst teeth aren't anywhere close to where they would expect. Nashville, TN, is ranked 2nd overall, while Philadelphia is ranked 2nd to last. The best teeth were in Madison, WI, while the worst teeth were in Lubbock, TX (actually, Texas, as a whole, did pretty bad).

Oh, and for a few of my favorite people, Little Rock, AR, was ranked well above Boston, MA, and Atlanta, GA is ranked just higher than New York, NY, though I must admit San Fransisco did quite well (still got beaten by Nashville, TN and Charlotte, NC, though).

Abbey Marie
04-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Must be the fault of all those racist dentists. ;)

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I've known two people in my life that both had never had a cavity. They had a beautiful face full of perfectly straight, ivory white teeth. First was my room mate Tim Lidstrand in the Air Force when I was stationed in Vegas. He'd bite a piece of a glass off in a bar for money, chew it into dust and swallow it. Second was my old girl friend in Tampa, Dana. However, she did NOT eat glass... :laugh: