PDA

View Full Version : House GOP challenges Pelosi for gas price plan

red states rule
04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Back in 2006, Dems promised they would lower gas prices if they were elected. Well 2 years later, where is the Dems plan?

What have Dems done to lower the price of gas?

Besides wanting to increase taxes by tens of bilions of dollars on oil comopanies, I know of no plan

Republicans have sent a letter asking Speaker San fran nan to please bring the Dems plan to the House floor

House GOP challenges Pelosi for gas price plan
By Jackie Kucinich
Posted: 04/22/08 07:14 PM [ET]

House Republican leaders on Tuesday challenged Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to release a plan to lower gas prices that they say Democrats touted when they were in the minority.

“Two years ago this week, you stated that House Democrats had a ‘commonsense plan’ to ‘lower gas prices,’ ” the letter said. “In light of the skyrocketing gasoline prices affecting working families and every sector of our struggling economy, we are writing today to respectfully request that you reveal this ‘commonsense plan’ so we can begin work on responsible solutions to help ease this strain.”

The letter is signed by Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio), Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Conference Chairman Adam Putnam (R-Fla.), Policy Chairman Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) as well as other members of leadership: Reps. Kay Granger (R-Texas), John Carter (R-Texas), Tom Cole (R-Okla.) and Eric Cantor (R-Va.).

In a press release dated April 24, 2006, Pelosi said, “Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.” The letter cited policies put in place during the GOP control of Congress that the Speaker claimed had raised prices on American consumers to benefit oil companies.

The House GOP leaders’ letter points out that the price of gasoline has spiked $1.18 since Democrats took over in January and stands at $3.51.

for the complete article

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/house-gop-challenges-pelosi-for-gas-price-plan-2008-04-22.html

theHawk
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
This is fuckin hilarious. I can already picture that deer-in-the-headlights look on Pelosi' face.

I for one want to hear the Dem's ultimate plan for lowering gas prices. If they can do it I'll vote for them! Lets hear it Pelosi!

red states rule
04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
This is fuckin hilarious. I can already picture that deer-in-the-headlights look on Pelosi' face.

I for one want to hear the Dem's ultimate plan for lowering gas prices. If they can do it I'll vote for them! Lets hear it Pelosi!

Finally, some people in the GOP are starting to point out the long list of broken promises of the Dems

I wish I could find it, but I saw a video on You tube a few months ago of Hillary actually promising Dems wil lower gas prices if they were elected in 2006