PDA

View Full Version : Right on: Legally blind man teaches alleged intruder a lesson

Yurt
04-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Legally blind man teaches alleged intruder a lesson

INDIANAPOLIS - A legally blind man beat up an intruder and held him at knifepoint until police arrived at the man's eastside home, authorities said. Allan Kieta, 49, told police he was at home Monday morning when his small dog began barking and he encountered the man.

"I opened the door and just ran into him. I had him pinned in the laundry room and just kept pummeling," said Kieta, a former wrestler in high school.

He said he grabbed the intruder by the belt and dragged him into the kitchen, where he put a knife at the man's throat and tried to dial 911.

"Being visually impaired, I couldn't get the buttons because I was using my left hand," he said. "It took me about 20 tries."

Police arrived within minutes and arrested Alvaro Castro, 25, on an initial charge of residential entry, Sgt. Matthew Mount said.

Lt. Jeff Duhamell was impressed with Kieta's feat.

"Its pretty remarkable for anyone thats blind to be able to defend themselves, let alone make an apprehension," Duhamell said. "To be able to grab this guy and hold him down until police got there is pretty remarkable."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080424/ap_on_fe_st/odd_blind_defense

and i've always made fun of those small yappy dogs....

My Winter Storm
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
"Its pretty remarkable for anyone thats blind to be able to defend themselves, let alone make an apprehension," Duhamell said. "To be able to grab this guy and hold him down until police got there is pretty remarkable."

Ah ha! He isn't really blind at all, just pretended to be!!!:lol:

Noir
04-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Lawl, he got served.

glockmail
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
.... Allan Kieta, 49, .... a former wrestler in high school.

....Alvaro Castro, 25, ......

Don't screw with someone that you don't know, man. :clap::clap:

DragonStryk72
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow, well I know someone who's gonna be the bitch in prison.

"How'd you get busted, man?"
"I got a beat down from a fifty year old blind man"

Abbey Marie
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

:laugh2:

Yurt
04-25-2008, 04:41 PM

don't forget little the little yapper