View Full Version : Many First-Time Dems May Switch Back

stephanie
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
operation chaos..don't mention RUSH, though.:laugh2:

Many First-Time Dems May Switch Back
By: Bradley Vasoli, The Bulletin
04/23/2008
Email to a friend Post a CommentPrinter-friendly
Many residents of the traditionally Republican Philadelphia suburbs have saliently moved toward the Democrats, with more than a 9,000-voter advantage in Montgomery County and a 3,500-voter lead in Bucks County. But to state Rep. Jay Moyer (R-Montgomery), also a county committeeman from Lower Salford Township, some of the Democrats' gains appear transitory.
Mr. Moyer said many new Democratic voters have temporarily flocked from the GOP or from independent registration to help nominate either the Democrat whom they mind the least or the one whom they believe would more likely lose to Republican presidential hopeful Sen. John McCain (Ariz.).
"I think we're going to see a bounce back in registration," he told The Bulletin outside his Harleysville polling place yesterday.
As a committeeperson, Mr. Moyer provides forms to those who express interest in registering Republican. He noted just after 9 a.m. yesterday that already ex-Republicans had told him they went Democratic to vote in the primary and wanted to switch back as soon as possible.
"I've had at least three people this morning," he said.
Elise Bowers, a Democratic committeewoman in Lower Salford, said that the new registration figures encouraged her, but she noted that her party's gains have been modest so far.
"We're still very Republican [in the township], honestly," she said. "I actually considered us Democrats a very well-kept secret for a long time. But that secret is beginning to come out a little bit."

read the rest.
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=19509343&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8