PDA

View Full Version : Election Trolling, is it moral in a democracy?

midcan5
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Is it moral to vote for a candidate in the primaries because you want them to lose in the general election?

Is it moral to post negative information about a candidate of the other party you think would be more difficult to be beaten by your preferred candidate?

theHawk
04-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Is it moral to vote for a candidate in the primaries because you want them to lose in the general election?

Is it moral to post negative information about a candidate of the other party you think would be more difficult to be beaten by your preferred candidate?

Why would it be immoral to talk about negative information about any candidate? Thats the whole point of politics, to point out what is wrong with ideas and would-be leaders.

In fact, it would immoral to ignore such things.

04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
If you believe its in the best interests of the country, then i think you have a moral obligation to act in such a way.

midcan5
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
But you are operating in a democracy in which a person's vote is their selection for representation. Is it moral then to counter principles you agree to in other instances?

stephanie
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
I think from now on when someone registers with a party..

They should be required to cut themselves and sign on the dotted line in your blood..And also pledge to give over their first born child, so that they can be guaranteed to become a loyal subject to that party...

:dance:

midcan5
04-25-2008, 02:05 PM

They should be required to cut themselves and sign on the dotted line in your blood..And also pledge to give over their first born child, so that they can be guaranteed to become a loyal subject to that party...

Really?

stephanie
04-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Really?

Really..

bullypulpit
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM

It's gaming the system in a way which undermines its integrity and further justifies the cynicism and apathy of an already cynical and apathetic electorate.

bullypulpit
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
If you believe its in the best interests of the country, then i think you have a moral obligation to act in such a way.

The ends justify the means...even if it undermines the principles on which the nation was founded. How typical of the right wing in America today.

stephanie
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
It's gaming the system in a way which undermines its integrity and further justifies the cynicism and apathy of an already cynical and apathetic electorate.

FUNNY..we don't see you all whining and crying about it, when the Democrats do it ..

bullypulpit
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
FUNNY..we don't see you all whining and crying about it, when the Democrats do it ..

Please, cite a specific instance where this has been done by Democrats in a national election. Please provide links to your citations.

semi liberal girl
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Please, cite a specific instance where this has been done by Democrats in a national election. Please provide links to your citations.

In the recent Republican primary in MI, the Daily Kos encouraged its members "to have fun" and crossover

They said since their election was meaningless there was no harm

BTW, Democrats did the same in 2000 to try get Jihn McCain the nomination

stephanie
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM

Get a grip..neither of us was..... BORN yesterday..:slap:

LOki
04-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Sure. Change the party from within.

Sure, provided the information is honestly true.

midcan5
04-25-2008, 07:56 PM
The question remains and some say it is not, but in a democracy with one vote, is it moral to use that vote to counter the democratic processes?

MtnBiker
04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
The question remains and some say it is not, but in a democracy with one vote, is it moral to use that vote to counter the democratic processes?

Which election are you concerned about?

manu1959
04-25-2008, 08:07 PM

voting is the process.........

semi liberal girl
04-26-2008, 05:49 AM

Was it moral for the Democrats ti start this crap? I did not hear the Reoublicans complaining as loudly as I am hearing Democrats

As long as it is within the current laws of the state, I have no problem with people crossing over

actsnoblemartin
04-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I believe you should vote for who you want to win, period.

And lying or mis-representing truth is not acceptible to me

manu1959
04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I believe you should vote for who you want to win, period.

And lying or mis-representing truth is not acceptible to me

i wan't hillary to win the primary.....and i want mccain to win the pres.....what is wrong with voting that way.....

Hobbit
04-26-2008, 05:00 PM
If you're referring to "Operation Chaos," the original question is moot. The actual question should read 'Election Trolling: Is it moral in a [b]republic[b]?' This is not a democracy. This is a republic. The founders abhorred democracy for its propensity to give the dumb masses the power to vote for themselves large payments from the treasury.

04-26-2008, 07:33 PM
The ends justify the means...even if it undermines the principles on which the nation was founded. How typical of the right wing in America today.

funny, i thought voting for what you think is best for the country was the principle the nation was founded of. I was unaware that voting for what you think is best undermines freedom. Glad you can educate me.

04-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Vermont/Michigan 2008. nuff said.

04-26-2008, 07:35 PM

one seriously has to question how you can counter the republican process by voting. Voting by definition is an exercise of that process. You can't counter something but doing what you are supposedly countering.

midcan5
04-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Interesting that so much moral squirming surrounds this issue. I don't care what you call it, if voting is one woman one vote and the purpose is to select the candidate the majority of people want to represent them, then screwing with that system is immoral.

manu1959
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Interesting that so much moral squirming surrounds this issue. I don't care what you call it, if voting is one woman one vote and the purpose is to select the candidate the majority of people want to represent them, then screwing with that system is immoral.

the dems have the super delegates.....don't worry they will make sure everyone's votes are counted they way they want....

stephanie
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Not to worry..

the Democrat party doesn't trust the LITTLE PEOPLE to choose the right candidate..

So they just keep a bunch of elite mucky mucks on stand-by(super-delegates) to make the choice after all is said and done..

I don't know how the people who are Democrats don't have a problem with this..

Sheeple I guess..

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Liberals already do that.

stephanie
04-27-2008, 03:56 PM

:laugh2:

manu1959
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM

dude i have been to a few of those parties out here in sodom......

04-27-2008, 05:15 PM

I don't see any moral squirming at all on the issue. I'm not sure what thread you are reading.

In addition, your analysis is flawed. We generally get two votes per person. a primary and general election vote. I don't see why it would be wrong for a person to vote one way in one election and another in another. Especially when the ultimate goal is for your vote to further your views in the country.

Now telling people they can't vote in a way they think and feel is beneficial, that is screwing with the system. So the only person i think is being immoral on the issue is you.

actsnoblemartin
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I am 100% opposed to voting for who you want to lose, or signing up for the party you dont like, just to vote.

Everyone, on both sides... should stop this immediatly

I condemn it in strong terms

04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I am 100% opposed to voting for who you want to lose, or signing up for the party you dont like, just to vote.

im sure everyone involved is seeing the error of their ways.

stang56k
04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
democracy...morality..hummmmm....

They are like oil and water I would say.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Oh no, you condemn it?????

That should stop Operation Chaos in its tracks :rolleyes:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 09:53 AM

Well I did several days ago, and it looks like you have ran away from this thread

retiredman
04-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Well I did several days ago, and it looks like you have ran away from this thread

maybe you did so under your red states rule logon...that might have confused bully.:laugh2:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 09:59 AM
maybe you did so under your red states rule logon...that might have confused bully.:laugh2:

Like most moonbats he asked for an example of Democrats croosing over and I gave him one

Like you, he has a severe reaction to facts and truth

And it seems most of board agrees with me :lol:

retiredman
04-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Like most moonbats he asked for an example of Democrats croosing over and I gave him one

Like you, he has a severe reaction to facts and truth

so...what happened? did the public library cut off your access to your RSR account? your impersonation of a "semi liberal girl" is pretty transparent.:lol:

mundame
04-28-2008, 12:30 PM

I can't seen any of this as immoral.

Politics is about winning and losing.

mundame
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Bullypulpit: if you aren't cynical, you just haven't been paying attention.

If you are under the impression this system has integrity, my guess is you are also underage.

No disrespect meant, but there are a lot of good reasons the American people are cynical and apathetic, and these reasons make that stance realistic.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
so...what happened? did the public library cut off your access to your RSR account? your impersonation of a "semi liberal girl" is pretty transparent.:lol:

Kep thinking you know all - the rest of us know you are worthless and just a piece of scum off the top of the pond

retiredman
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Kep thinking you know all - the rest of us know you are worthless and just a piece of scum off the top of the pond

odd, isn't it...that the character of semi liberal girl appears the very same day that RSR disappears. Even spells as poorly as RSR...uses the same idioms as RSR...

coincidence? I think not. I have said nothing to this "girl" that would cause her to insult me as she has right out of the gate.

My guess is that a character is getting ready to be written out of the script.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
odd, isn't it...that the character of semi liberal girl appears the very same day that RSR disappears. Even spells as poorly as RSR...uses the same idioms as RSR...

coincidence? I think not. I have said nothing to this "girl" that would cause her to insult me as she has right out of the gate.

My guess is that a character is getting ready to be written out of the script.

As you know, and you have joked about it often, RSR is recovering from his chemo

There is a constest on and one of the elements is new people you send to the board

I said why not?

You are a disgrace to my party and this board. The sooner the mods kick your ass out of here the better

retiredman
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
As you know, and you have joked about it often, RSR is recovering from his chemo

There is a constest on and one of the elements is new people you send to the board

I said why not?

You are a disgrace to my party and this board. The sooner the mods kick your ass out of here the better

that's a good story. stick with it.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM

and you know where you can "stick" it creep

retiredman
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
and you know where you can "stick" it creep

that's good.

that sort of feisty character is just what the story line needs to go along with the ailing "boyfriend".... a scappy little guttersnipe with a heart of gold!

I look forward to watching this character's development!:clap:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:20 PM
that's good.

that sort of feisty character is just what the story line needs to go along with the ailing "boyfriend".... a scappy little guttersnipe with a heart of gold!

I look forward to watching this character's development!:clap:

As others have noted. this from a man who claims to preach the word of God

You are truely a worthess carbon based lifeform, and a waste of human flesh

retiredman
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
As others have noted. this from a man who claims to preach the word of God

You are truely a worthess carbon based lifeform, and a waste of human flesh

again..I would recommend you try to add just a touch of femininity to this character as we go forward. It still sounds way too much like RSR to be believable as a separate entity. Let her be a girl!:lol:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
again..I would recommend you try to add just a touch of femininity to this character as we go forward. It still sounds way too much like RSR to be believable as a separate entity. Let her be a girl!:lol:

I am surprised you are still posting today. Most people would be hiding in shame, after being busted in a lie like you were :laugh2:

This wuld be a great "sermon" for you you. "How The Truth Always Catchs Up To You"

jimnyc
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Not taking sides in any quarrel, just wanted to point out that I see no relation between RSR and SLG other than the already admitted friendship. Different IP's altogether.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Not taking sides in any quarrel, just wanted to point out that I see no relation between RSR and SLG other than the already admitted friendship. Different IP's altogether.

Thank You Jim for pointing out the facts about the different IP's

When RSR is feeling better, he will be on, and so will I

Feel free to jump in and verify the different IP's at tht time as well

midcan5
04-28-2008, 05:03 PM

I think you are right, an election troll or just a troll, and the irony is they are in the troll thread. Whenever you hear all the qualifications in a person's reply on why they like or dislike something, the old BS receptors go off.

midcan5
04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Bingo, yep same person. Took a min to find use of three stooges.

RSR

"Pale you have at least one vote for President since I am not voting for any of the Three Stooges running"

SLG

"And I do mean to insult the Three Stooges. I do love to watch them"

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Bingo, yep same person. Took a min to find use of three stooges.

RSR

"Pale you have at least one vote for President since I am not voting for any of the Three Stooges running"

SLG

"And I do mean to insult the Three Stooges. I do love to watch them"

So now a couple can't share the same opinion on the lack of good candidates?

04-29-2008, 09:26 AM
So now a couple can't share the same opinion on the lack of good candidates?

anything for the other posters to avoid discussing the merits of the issue.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
anything for the other posters to avoid discussing the merits of the issue.

Thank you. I should have seen that for myself

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Is it moral to have a primary election in a couple of states but not have the votes count for anything?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Is it moral to have a primary election in a couple of states but not have the votes count for anything?

is it moral to set rules well in advance and then not demand that people play by them?

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:17 PM
If you want to win the game you have play by the rules.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
If you want to win the game you have play by the rules.

is it moral to play by the rules?

manu1959
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
is it moral to play by the rules?

depends on the rules......

midcan5
04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
depends on the rules......

everyman's excuse after they get caught...

04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
everyman's excuse after they get caught...

So say the government passes a law that you have to kill any jew on sight. Are you saying its not moral to violate that rule?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
So say the government passes a law that you have to kill any jew on sight. Are you saying its not moral to violate that rule?

ridiculous analogy. such a law is patently unconstitutional on its face.

04-30-2008, 01:41 PM
ridiculous analogy. such a law is patently unconstitutional on its face.

and voting is patantly constitutional on its face and you guys are trying to pretend as though its immoral. Whats your point? Since when did the constitution matter to you?