PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma soldier in Iraq says meals cut

LiberalNation
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-soldier-in-iraq-says-meals-cut/article/3234556/?tm=1209077378

Congressional lawmakers from Oklahoma are looking into allegations that members of the Oklahoma National Guard's 45th Infantry Brigade are not being regularly fed in Iraq.

The father of an Oklahoma soldier first notified Oklahoma City television station KOCO after receiving an e-mail from his daughter, Kristy Fleshman, a member of the Oklahoma National Guard serving in Iraq.

"I have the ultimate respect for our military and for the job they do and for the sacrifices they make for the well-being of all of us," Howard Fleshman told KOCO. "And, so it's only out of this concern and the concern for the well-being of Oklahoma soldiers that I'm raising this issue in the first place."

Weintz said Fallin's office was told members of the 45th at Camp Bucca were working 9-hour shifts without being served lunch.

"Having heard those reports, our office contacted the Oklahoma National Guard, and Rep. Fallin herself contacted (Maj.) Gen. Galen Jackman at the Pentagon," Weintz said.

Jackman is the Army's Chief of Legislative Liaison and works with members of Congress.

U.S. Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., also was notified and is looking into the matter, a spokeswoman for Cole's office said Thursday.

Members of the Oklahoma National Guard's 45th are serving at Camp Bucca, which is near Umm Qasr, a port city in southern Iraq, Weintz said.

rppearso
04-26-2008, 06:27 AM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-soldier-in-iraq-says-meals-cut/article/3234556/?tm=1209077378

Congressional lawmakers from Oklahoma are looking into allegations that members of the Oklahoma National Guard's 45th Infantry Brigade are not being regularly fed in Iraq.

The father of an Oklahoma soldier first notified Oklahoma City television station KOCO after receiving an e-mail from his daughter, Kristy Fleshman, a member of the Oklahoma National Guard serving in Iraq.

"I have the ultimate respect for our military and for the job they do and for the sacrifices they make for the well-being of all of us," Howard Fleshman told KOCO. "And, so it's only out of this concern and the concern for the well-being of Oklahoma soldiers that I'm raising this issue in the first place."

Weintz said Fallin's office was told members of the 45th at Camp Bucca were working 9-hour shifts without being served lunch.

"Having heard those reports, our office contacted the Oklahoma National Guard, and Rep. Fallin herself contacted (Maj.) Gen. Galen Jackman at the Pentagon," Weintz said.

Jackman is the Army's Chief of Legislative Liaison and works with members of Congress.

U.S. Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., also was notified and is looking into the matter, a spokeswoman for Cole's office said Thursday.

Members of the Oklahoma National Guard's 45th are serving at Camp Bucca, which is near Umm Qasr, a port city in southern Iraq, Weintz said.

Technically the military can stop paying you too, and as long as people are stupid enough to "fullfill there commitment" because "they signed the dotted line" theres no worries for the government. Food cost money so why not cut a few meals it only makes sense since they have been pilfering the GI bill and VA benifits since the 1950s so now the GI bill pays for squat when you actually try to use it. The people on these forums that like to flame me can can go fight for peanuts with both there hands tied behind there back, not me.

Gaffer
04-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Technically the military can stop paying you too, and as long as people are stupid enough to "fullfill there commitment" because "they signed the dotted line" theres no worries for the government. Food cost money so why not cut a few meals it only makes sense since they have been pilfering the GI bill and VA benifits since the 1950s so now the GI bill pays for squat when you actually try to use it. The people on these forums that like to flame me can can go fight for peanuts with both there hands tied behind there back, not me.

As usual you don't have a clue of what your talking about.

Being in the military ain't easy. Sometimes you have to go hungry. Many times you have to go with little or no sleep. Many times you have to go without bathing for long periods of time. It comes with being in a combat zone. Ask a cop or firefighter how often they didn't get lunch. Ask a doctor or nurse how often they didn't get lunch.

rppearso
04-27-2008, 01:04 AM
As usual you don't have a clue of what your talking about.

Being in the military ain't easy. Sometimes you have to go hungry. Many times you have to go with little or no sleep. Many times you have to go without bathing for long periods of time. It comes with being in a combat zone. Ask a cop or firefighter how often they didn't get lunch. Ask a doctor or nurse how often they didn't get lunch.

I know exactly what im talking about, my comment may have been a little dramatic for the case at hand but is never the less spot on to what the military is doing, just read the posts on the link I posted. I sometimes skip lunch at work because stuff has to get done, but the difference is its my choise, I want to be good at my job and have a feeling of accomplishment its not because im an indentured servent to my contract with the company (or in this case the military). Its all in the context.