PDA

View Full Version : Republican governance and the economy

midcan5
04-26-2008, 06:52 AM
---- This site needs an Economy Section ----

"There is, it seems to me, an area in the political discussion which has been woefully ignored for much, much too long. Historical fact: Prior to the rise of the radical right some 30 years ago, America was the most innovative, most prosperous, most vital nation on the face of the Earth. And it wasn't just an obscenely rich fraction of one percent skewing the numbers, either. Broad-based, bottom-up prosperity--in which liberal Democratic administrations specialize--really DID lift all boats. Lean in close and let me whisper to you an uncomfortable truth that the GOP will never dare mention...

They are the rapscallions and knaves who took a hearty, robust economy that was the envy of the entire world and ran it into the ground. I'm not merely talking about the current fiscal catastrophe that is looming before us; my esteemed colleague Gegner is doing an outstanding job of documenting those atrocities and I recommend his essays on this site to you without reservation. No, I'm concerning myself here more with how we got this way, how the cheap-labor conservatives conspired, deliberately and with malice aforethought, to lay us low...for that is precisely what they did.

Did you know that ALL recessions since the 1930's, save one, have taken place under Republican presidents? True fact. The single exception occurred at the conclusion of World War II during the administration of Harry S. Truman and it was a predictable consequence of ending a war...plus it was the shortest as well as the shallowest. Contrast that with the fact that we are now enduring our SECOND recession due to the gross mismanagement of that congenital idiot currently stinking up the White House and his band of thugs."

http://www.conceptualguerilla.com/?q=node/1643

04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
i was unaware that Jimmy Carter was a Republican. Talk about revisionist history.

Also if you werent paying attention. The economy was fine until the Democrats took control of Congress... cant imagine why we had problems now.