PDA

View Full Version : America Betrays Its Friends Again

NATO AIR
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
The Hmong are in deep trouble as Laos & Vietnam cooperate to exterminate the thousands of remaining survivors. Many of these people are still in refugee camps in Thailand.... why the hell can't we admit these people (our allies who we left behind thanks to the democratic congress in 74-75) into this country and pay back our debt of honor?

Ditto for Iraqi interpreters.

We have this fond habit of forgetting our friends after the war is over. This is a tradition that has to end one way or the other. We need a veteran's organization that can make politicians and civil servants' lives miserable over stuff like this until there is a resolution.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-last-of-americas-army-in-vietnam/

The Hmong fought beside the U.S. during the Vietnam War, but will America even lift a finger as they face extermination at the hands of the communists?

actsnoblemartin
04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
very true, because we left vietnam, between 2-3 million people were slaughtered.

The Hmong are in deep trouble as Laos & Vietnam cooperate to exterminate the thousands of remaining survivors. Many of these people are still in refugee camps in Thailand.... why the hell can't we admit these people (our allies who we left behind thanks to the democratic congress in 74-75) into this country and pay back our debt of honor?

We have this fond habit of forgetting our friends after the war is over. This is a tradition that has to end one way or the other. We need a veteran's organization that can make politicians and civil servants' lives miserable over stuff like this until there is a resolution.

April15
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
The problem is they have no oil or exploitable possessions. It is a tradition dating back to the French revolution when the US was supposed to repay our debt to them for financing our war with England in 1776.

Gaffer
04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
The problem is they have no oil or exploitable possessions. It is a tradition dating back to the French revolution when the US was supposed to repay our debt to them for financing our war with England in 1776.

So that's why the dems sold them out, They didn't have any oil.

But then on the other hand I was told it was because shell oil had oil drilling going on which was the reason we ere there. How many are aware that shell oil was the reason we were in Vietnam, according to the left. They even had pictures of shell gas stations in Saigon to prove it.

manu1959
04-26-2008, 04:32 PM

third largest oil prodoucer in se asia....400,000 barrels a day.....

April15
04-26-2008, 07:31 PM
third largest oil prodoucer in se asia....400,000 barrels a day.....My mistake, sorry.

Pale Rider
05-04-2008, 06:26 AM

We "can't" help them. Bush has everything we've got tied up in Iraq. We couldn't even put up a good fight if somebody invaded us here.

NATO AIR
05-04-2008, 08:46 AM
We "can't" help them. Bush has everything we've got tied up in Iraq. We couldn't even put up a good fight if somebody invaded us here.

Well I certainly am not advocating an invasion.

What I'd envision is an airlift of the people out of these two countries and into America. There is certainly a community of people in this nation who could help them get on their feet, just as the others have over the past 30 years.

We take it to the UN, the media and the two governments in question and get "our" people out of danger. A rescue mission in essence, only without gunfire and all that required.

stang56k
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM
They don't have WMDs!

Dilloduck
05-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I certainly am not advocating an invasion.

What I'd envision is an airlift of the people out of these two countries and into America. There is certainly a community of people in this nation who could help them get on their feet, just as the others have over the past 30 years.

We take it to the UN, the media and the two governments in question and get "our" people out of danger. A rescue mission in essence, only without gunfire and all that required.

When we retreat from Iraq now many Iraqis will we need to take home with us because we owe them. ?

Gaffer
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
we have a dem controlled congress, you don't actually believe they are going to do something to help these people. After all, the ones that are trying to kill them are communists. It's just another dem victory in southeast asia.

NATO AIR
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
When we retreat from Iraq now many Iraqis will we need to take home with us because we owe them. ?

We certainly owe the interpreters and guides (hell, we owe them now and the State Dept & Bush have been screwing them over for the past 18 months) to get them the hell out of there and to safety, as our men and women in the service have been trying to fight the system to repay their debt of honor.

I found it heartening that when we worked on pressuring Congress for legislation to force the State Dept's hand early last year, the turnout/support was incredible, a great mix of liberals, conservatives, veterans, active duty, etc. A local businessman in the Everett, WA area even got us a face to face with Senator Murray and several reps at the local VFW hall based off our flyer alone, it enraged him that pukes like Bush & the State Dept. would condemn these Iraqis to die because they didn't want to do their damn job.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
The Hmong needed our help in 1973-1975. Don't any of you idiots know anything about them? Or is it that you just don't care about America and the involvement of those that support America? Don't give me this "I'm sorry, I didn't know" bullshit.