PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Challenges Obama To Debate Without Moderator

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Clinton Challenges Obama To Debate Without Moderator

2008-04-26 15:23:45
By MIKE GLOVER and SARA KUGLER Associated Press Writer

MARION, Ind. (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton takes the debate dispute to a new level, challenging her opponent Barack Obama to face off with her in a debate without a moderator, Lincoln-Douglas style.

The Democratic presidential candidate said while campaigning in South Bend, Indiana, on Saturday the 90-minute debate would allow two candidates to ask each other questions.

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14587167&feedid=14

semi liberal girl
04-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Sen Obama is running and ducking any fourms where he will be exposed as the inexperienced rookie that he is

After the last debate, the last thing Sen obama wants is to answer more questions

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Sen Obama is running and ducking any fourms where he will be exposed as the inexperienced rookie that he is

After the last debate, the last thing Sen obama wants is to answer more questions

And hillary is keenly aware of that. She's smells blood, and is moving in for the kill. She knows she has to do it quick. Time is running out.

I kind of like your attitude..... are you sure you didn't pick the wrong board name?

semi liberal girl
04-27-2008, 05:54 AM
And hillary is keenly aware of that. She's smells blood, and is moving in for the kill. She knows she has to do it quick. Time is running out.

I kind of like your attitude..... are you sure you didn't pick the wrong board name?

Hilary is setting her sights on hoim, and she will not stop until he is destroyed

No Pale, I am liberal on some things. For example, I am for gay marriage

I drive my guy nuts with my liberal side, and we have some wonderful discussions. In the end we agree to disagree

Unlike some on this board who have a scortched Earth policy when they disagree with someone

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 06:02 AM
Hilary is setting her sights on hoim, and she will not stop until he is destroyed

No Pale, I am liberal on some things. For example, I am for gay marriage

I drive my guy nuts with my liberal side, and we have some wonderful discussions. In the end we agree to disagree

Unlike some on this board who have a scortched Earth policy when they disagree with someone

Well... I'll have to plead guilty to a scorched earth event or two... but I at least USUALLY hold back and let the other person take the first shot. There's liberals here that are quite liberal, but I genuinely like, like JohnDoe. She's a decent person, she's just a liberal, and we disagree on much.

I vehemently disagree with queer marriage too. I support a civil union, but not marriage. Marriage is a holy union in the eyes of God between a man and a woman. Two men/women could never be united in marriage in the eyes of God. Besides that, it's not a right. You have to remember that separation of church and state. But that's all for another thread I guess, although I did get my two cents in.... :D

semi liberal girl
04-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Well... I'll have to plead guilty to a scorched earth event or two... but I at least USUALLY hold back and let the other person take the first shot. There's liberals here that are quite liberal, but I genuinely like, like JohnDoe. She's a decent person, she's just a liberal, and we disagree on much.

I vehemently disagree with queer marriage too. I support a civil union, but not marriage. Marriage is a holy union in the eyes of God between a man and a woman. Two men/women could never be united in marriage in the eyes of God. Besides that, it's not a right. You have to remember that separation of church and state. But that's all for another thread I guess, although I did get my two cents in.... :D

Well, we will agree to disagree on gay marriage. They have every right to it, and to enjoy the benefits

You do not have a scorthed Earth policy Pale. While I am new here, there uis only ONE person I have see who has it

It seems alot of the threads he posts on are either closed or sent to the cage

As far as Sen Obama, Hillary will do the same. He will be run over by the Clinton machine

Then she will back it up, and run over him again to make sure

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Well, we will agree to disagree on gay marriage. They have every right to it, and to enjoy the benefits

You do not have a scorthed Earth policy Pale. While I am new here, there uis only ONE person I have see who has it

It seems alot of the threads he posts on are either closed or sent to the cage

As far as Sen Obama, Hillary will do the same. He will be run over by the Clinton machine

Then she will back it up, and run over him again to make sure

We ought to start another thread, because I'd like to know why you think marriage, which is sanctioned by the church and is a holy union, is a "right." No where in the constitution does it mention marriage is a right, so why do you say it is?

semi liberal girl
04-27-2008, 06:25 AM
We ought to start another thread, because I'd like to know why you think marriage, which is sanctioned by the church and is a holy union, is a "right." No where in the constitution does it mention marriage is a right, so why do you say it is?

You go right ahead Pale

I am always debating this with the love of my life RSR, and he has said you do not take debates into the gutter

If you want to have an exchange of opinions, I would welcome it

Pale Rider
04-27-2008, 07:30 AM
You go right ahead Pale

I am always debating this with the love of my life RSR, and he has said you do not take debates into the gutter

If you want to have an exchange of opinions, I would welcome it

Here ya go, and I promise I won't trash you at any point simply because we disagree... http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=236970#post236970

DragonStryk72
04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Clinton Challenges Obama To Debate Without Moderator

2008-04-26 15:23:45
By MIKE GLOVER and SARA KUGLER Associated Press Writer

MARION, Ind. (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton takes the debate dispute to a new level, challenging her opponent Barack Obama to face off with her in a debate without a moderator, Lincoln-Douglas style.

The Democratic presidential candidate said while campaigning in South Bend, Indiana, on Saturday the 90-minute debate would allow two candidates to ask each other questions.

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14587167&feedid=14

Well, let me think, nope, I wouldn't agree to that either. they've only barely managed some vestige of civility when there has been a mod to break it up. The only thing that would do is implode both their campaigns.

Yurt
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, let me think, nope, I wouldn't agree to that either. they've only barely managed some vestige of civility when there has been a mod to break it up. The only thing that would do is implode both their campaigns.

and the problem? if they can't be civil during a live televised debate, they have no business running the country.

mundame
04-28-2008, 12:39 PM
and the problem? if they can't be civil during a live televised debate, they have no business running the country.

Hillary is saying that if Obalama is afraid of the big, bad moderator, she's willing and able to take him on without one! Pretty good challenge, but he'd be a fool to do it ------- she can win debates with him, he's something of an airhead.