PDA

View Full Version : I Felt A Bit Liberal

Kathianne
04-27-2008, 11:29 AM
shopping today at Whole Foods. :laugh2: Trying the regular groceries, just not a lot of variety for sodium free. So off I went to the 'save the planet and spend your fortune store.'

While the 'save the planet one bag at a time' is a bit trite and all the yuppies buying organic fudge sauce and beer is pretty amusing, I must say they have a great selection of locally grown, organic produce, meats, etc. I like that. I was able to get sodium free baking powder, but looks like I'll have to go to Fruitful Yield for the baking soda.

Perhaps best yet, baked salt free blue tortilla chips and no salt added salsa.

:dance:

manu1959
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
shopping today at Whole Foods. :laugh2: Trying the regular groceries, just not a lot of variety for sodium free. So off I went to the 'save the planet and spend your fortune store.'

While the 'save the planet one bag at a time' is a bit trite and all the yuppies buying organic fudge sauce and beer is pretty amusing, I must say they have a great selection of locally grown, organic produce, meats, etc. I like that. I was able to get sodium free baking powder, but looks like I'll have to go to Fruitful Yield for the baking soda.

Perhaps best yet, baked salt free blue tortilla chips and no salt added salsa.

:dance:

whole paycheck......has lots of good stuff......

Dilloduck
04-27-2008, 12:00 PM
whole paycheck......has lots of good stuff......

I lived 3 blocks behind the original one in Austin when it was flooded in 1981. Hippy heaven for sure but I think those hippies learned how to be conservatives real quick when the bucks started to roll in. The brand new store here in Austin is awesome. You can spend an afternoon just hanging around looking at stuff. ( Beware of Earth Mothers with hair flowing out of their arm pits) :laugh2:

manu1959
04-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I lived 3 blocks behind the original one in Austin when it was flooded in 1981. Hippy heaven for sure but I think those hippies learned how to be conservatives real quick when the bucks started to roll in. The brand new store here in Austin is awesome. You can spend an afternoon just hanging around looking at stuff. ( Beware of Earth Mothers with hair flowing out of their arm pits) :laugh2:

i have designed two of thier stores....one in oakland and one in novato....their new stores are patterned after a german super grocery store.....very cool but very expensive.....

Dilloduck
04-27-2008, 12:12 PM
i have designed two of thier stores....one in oakland and one in novato....their new stores are patterned after a german super grocery store.....very cool but very expensive.....

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/lamar/snapshots.html

Here's what Austin's looks like-------(did you have to install special booths in the bathroom for arm pit brushing ? ) :laugh2:

Kathianne
04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/lamar/snapshots.html

Here's what Austin's looks like-------(did you have to install special booths in the bathroom for arm pit brushing ? ) :laugh2:

Yours is much larger than ours!

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/wheaton/index.html

manu1959
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Yours is much larger than ours!

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/wheaton/index.html

everything is big in texas.....has to be or their ass and ego wouldn't fit through the front door........:poke:

Kathianne
04-27-2008, 12:59 PM
everything is big in texas.....has to be or their ass and ego wouldn't fit through the front door........:poke:
:laugh2:

diuretic
04-27-2008, 07:08 PM

I've been to that new one, the bloke serving me had dreadlocks and my friend told him I was from Austin's sister city. I thought it was great and it carried our Coopers Ale from here (no chemicals and a kick like a crazy mule), the bloke with the dreadlocks told me it was a favourite with the UT crowd.

glockmail
04-27-2008, 07:24 PM
We've got one in Winston. Its a good place to get a sandwhich for lunch. They have a half-dozen booths in the front and you can sit there with some buddies and check out the bra-less babes with the long cotton skirts.