PDA

View Full Version : USMB being sold

jimnyc
02-28-2007, 05:34 AM
I was aware of this but it wasn't made public until yesterday. The new owner had contacted me with an interest to merge both forums into one, which I politely declined. I wish him nothing but the best of luck with his forum. Hopefully he'll see exactly what transpired and realize that what 'was' a good community was brought down a few notches by the old owner and admin, and make appropriate changes to give the community a boost.

shattered
02-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh, how cute. They let Gabby back.

And I didn't know Greg was only 23. That explains a LOT.

KitchenKitten99
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
That's too funny. Heh. His totalitarian (and nosy PM reading) ways rub people the wrong way, much?

shattered
02-28-2007, 09:32 AM
That's too funny. Heh. His totalitarian (and nosy PM reading) ways rub people the wrong way, much?

I'm sure he bought it with the full intention of reselling it for a profit, which is fine and dandy.. But.. I think he held on to it too long, and made too many changes, as well as ticked too many people off.

Had he been smart, he would have left the board completely intact, and would have likely gotten an even better price. But, 23 year old males usually get on these power trips, and have deflated egos they need to reinflate in any manner possible.

The new owner posted a message asking for suggestions, so it'll be interesting to see what he does..

(Smart move on not merging them, too.. That would spell disaster.)

Mr. P
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I was aware of this but it wasn't made public until yesterday. The new owner had contacted me with an interest to merge both forums into one, which I politely declined. I wish him nothing but the best of luck with his forum. Hopefully he'll see exactly what transpired and realize that what 'was' a good community was brought down a few notches by the old owner and admin, and make appropriate changes to give the community a boost.

I get the impression he sees exactly what happened and that’s why he wants to merge. He saw what made the board a success. Odd that he’d buy the site knowing it was destroyed, though. Maybe he was counting on a merger, which, IMO would be a major mistake for you, Jim.

The ClayTaurus
02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm sure he bought it with the full intention of reselling it for a profit, which is fine and dandy.. But.. I think he held on to it too long, and made too many changes, as well as ticked too many people off.

Had he been smart, he would have left the board completely intact, and would have likely gotten an even better price. But, 23 year old males usually get on these power trips, and have deflated egos they need to reinflate in any manner possible.

The new owner posted a message asking for suggestions, so it'll be interesting to see what he does..

(Smart move on not merging them, too.. That would spell disaster.)You have a lot of hatred for 23 year old males, eh? :poke:

KitchenKitten99
02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I think he destroyed what would have been a decent profit, and I am not so sure the new owner will be getting his money's worth, being as many of the people who made the board what it was, came over here, and don't go over there anymore. I know I won't likely go back over there, just because everyone I like is only over here.

shattered
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
You have a lot of hatred for 23 year old males, eh? :poke:

No hatred at all.. Most of them just have ego issues they need to work out. :D

CSM
02-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I think he destroyed what would have been a decent profit, and I am not so sure the new owner will be getting his money's worth, being as many of the people who made the board what it was, came over here, and don't go over there anymore. I know I won't likely go back over there, just because everyone I like is only over here.

I suspect that the USMB will be a commodity for a bit more. Myself, I am not looking for membership in a board that is going to change owenrship every few months...thank you anyway.

darin
02-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Not a part of the subject, but I just saw this:

I'd like to thank Greg for buying this board and making the improvements he has

And LITERALLY threw up a little bit in my mouth.

wow.

shattered
02-28-2007, 10:00 AM

wow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/hbthrow.jpg

Jon
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
No hatred at all.. Most of them just have ego issues they need to work out. :D

I know. Between them, and those slutty, smoking, twentysomething, females...

:poke:

Nienna
02-28-2007, 10:10 AM

They were TEENAGED sluts... unless they failed a few grades.

shattered
02-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Ahh, but 23 year old males haven't changed much in 15 years.. Apparently, 20-something year old females have. :coffee:

Jon
02-28-2007, 10:12 AM
They were TEENAGED sluts... unless they failed a few grades.

I wasn't referring to the TEENAGED sluts. :slap:

;)

Nienna
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
I wasn't referring to the TEENAGED sluts. :slap:

;)

My apologies. I will leave you with your twenty-something sluts. Carry on.

:)

darin
02-28-2007, 10:47 AM

NICE....sluts...lol :) Excellent.

The ClayTaurus
02-28-2007, 11:08 AM

:)Twenty sluts?!??!!?? Jon's a P-I-M-P!

Roomy
02-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Do you think they will unban me now?:salute:

CSM
02-28-2007, 12:11 PM

No.

Mr. P
02-28-2007, 12:15 PM

She doesn't like you Roomy. Forget it.

glockmail
02-28-2007, 02:49 PM

wow.

Was that just before I called her a suck up? :laugh2:

Mr. P
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Was that just before I called her a suck up? :laugh2:

You were way too nice. :slap:

glockmail
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
You were way too nice. :slap: Careful, some posters get wicked offened by that. :pee:

After I called her "my bitch" in a PM to maineman she got real ugly on me, and she gave him 150 points. Not too hard to figger out what happened. I figure that's the cyber equivalent of head for ratting. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
02-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Careful, some posters get wicked offened by that. :pee:

After I called her "my bitch" in a PM to maineman she got real ugly on me, and she gave him 150 points. Not too hard to figger out what happened. I figure that's the cyber equivalent of head for ratting. :laugh2:

Now how on earth could she know what was being sent via PM???

Oh... wait...

glockmail
02-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Now how on earth could she know what was being sent via PM???

Oh... wait...

No, I think maineman forwarded my PM to her, and she gave him head in return. :suck:

Abbey Marie
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Twenty sluts?!??!!?? Jon's a P-I-M-P!

Lol.

So which is better- twenty sluts or 72 virgins? :coffee:

jimnyc
02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
No, I think maineman forwarded my PM to her, and she gave him head in return. :suck:

Ewwwww! I think even he would have enough sense to 'just say no'! :)

darin
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Lol.

I'd take the sluts...Hands down. Virgins can be boring - at least initially. PLUS they might not LIKE it...so, after about two weeks, and they are now 72 FORMER Virgins, you'd be worse off...they'd either be CLINGY or BITCHY.

The Sluts OTOH, are sluts...they'd like doin' it.

Abbey Marie
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd take the sluts...Hands down. Virgins can be boring - at least initially. PLUS they might not LIKE it...so, after about two weeks, and they are now 72 FORMER Virgins, you'd be worse off...they'd either be CLINGY or BITCHY.

The Sluts OTOH, are sluts...they'd like doin' it.

Stupid Muslims. They could get twenty sluts and not even have to die. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Stupid Muslims. They could get twenty sluts and not even have to die. :laugh2:

Well, until they get some primeval STD, anyway.

jimnyc
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I'd be happy for just one slut. Don't think I'd strap dynamite to myself, but maybe give up an insignificant finger or 2. :)

darin
02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, until they get some primeval STD, anyway.

Are you quoting yourself and commenting on what you just said?

:D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :poke: :poke: :salute:

Abbey Marie
02-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Are you quoting yourself and commenting on what you just said?

:D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :poke: :poke: :salute:

Accidentally, I was trying to delete the second one. Dorks-r-Us!

Said1
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow, it's being sold again already? Interesting.

Mr. P
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Wow, it's being sold again already? Interesting.

Some business guy, huh?

Sitarro
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
I've tried to get on over there this afternoon and it won't open, wierd.

Yurt
02-28-2007, 08:32 PM
My faith in this board has increased. I hate to tell myself this:

but....

I was right about that guy :cheers2:

glockmail
02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I've tried to get on over there this afternoon and it won't open, wierd.

:laugh2:

CockySOB
02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Lol.

Twenty sluts. At least I wouldn't have to train them....

CockySOB
02-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Sounds like someone is trying their hand at dot-com speculation; that is SO 2001.

Not very bright either from an investment standpoint. If one desires to enter into that type of business venture, one should seek out the undervalued social networks to "farm" into a profit center. USMB (and most political boards) could be farmed in such a fashion, but it requires not simply technical knowledge, but social savvy.

But hey, what do I know? ;)

Yurt
02-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like someone is trying their hand at dot-com speculation; that is SO 2001.

Not very bright either from an investment standpoint. If one desires to enter into that type of business venture, one should seek out the undervalued social networks to "farm" into a profit center. USMB (and most political boards) could be farmed in such a fashion, but it requires not simply technical knowledge, but social savvy.

But hey, what do I know? ;)

You're giving shit to the surelock....

Scooter
03-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi,

I'm the crazy fool who's buying USMB.

A few points:

1) I appreciate Jim's perspective on not wanting to merge the boards. I think it would be good in the long run to bring the community back together, but you guys are obviously doing fine here. I may still try to convince him off and on, but that's just because I'm a persistent bastard.

2) I'm not a speculator (at least not in this case). I'm buying USMB to develop it long-term. I don't expect to make my dot com millions on a political discussion board.

3) USMB is in maintenance mode right now as we move the database off Greg's server. Once we get it live on our server, things should be back to normal.

Hope to see some of you back once the dust settles.

I hope I'm welcome here as well; I promise this will be the last post in which I discuss USMB on this site unless someone specifically asks me to comment.

Peace,

Scott

Hobbit
03-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi,

A few points:

1) I appreciate Jim's perspective on not wanting to merge the boards. I think it would be good in the long run to bring the community back together, but you guys are obviously doing fine here. I may still try to convince him off and on, but that's just because I'm a persistent bastard.

2) I'm not a speculator (at least not in this case). I'm buying USMB to develop it long-term. I don't expect to make my dot com millions on a political discussion board.

3) USMB is in maintenance mode right now as we move the database off Greg's server. Once we get it live on our server, things should be back to normal.

I hope I'm welcome here as well; I promise this will be the last post in which I discuss USMB on this site unless someone specifically asks me to comment.

Peace,

Scott

Ah, thanks for introducing yourself. I appreciate the thought and may actually return to the board with a less Nazi-esque owner. I'll still post here, though.

Mr. P
03-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi,

A few points:

Peace,

Scott
That's good as it's a pretty shitty thing to do in the first place.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Welcome, Scott. Nice to meet you.

Scooter
03-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Welcome, Scott.

Thanks.

Nice to be here.

Mr. P
03-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks.

Nice to be here.
Question is why are you here? You have tons of work to do on the other board.

The ClayTaurus
03-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Question is why are you here? You have tons of work to do on the other board.Stop being a curmudgeon! The guy had sack enough to come over and explain himself. In fact, he's done nothing to any of us. No need to be cold to the guy :) :slap:

Scooter
03-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Question is why are you here? You have tons of work to do on the other board.

Not currently, I don't.

I'm here because there's a thread started by Jim which apparently had the intent of informing this community of things that were happening at USMB.

I thought I could provide some of the information that people were asking questions about.

And I like this site, too. That's why I contacted Jim about "merging" in the first place. If that doesn't happen, I'd still like to be able to participate in both sites...

Mr. P
03-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Stop being a curmudgeon! The guy had sack enough to come over and explain himself. In fact, he's done nothing to any of us. No need to be cold to the guy :) :slap:

There was no need for a new owner to do so.:finger3:

Scooter
03-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Stop being a curmudgeon! The guy had sack enough to come over and explain himself. In fact, he's done nothing to any of us. No need to be cold to the guy :) :slap:

I don't have any problem answering questions, publically or privately (whichever is deemed most appropriate).

The ClayTaurus
03-02-2007, 12:46 AM
There was no need for a new owner to do so.:finger3:There's no need for any of us to post here. Sounds like someone needs a romantic night boating...

Roomy
03-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Hi,

A few points:

Peace,

Scott

Am I unbanned? Is Kathianne still admin?

glockmail
03-02-2007, 06:43 AM
I don't have any problem answering questions, publically or privately (whichever is deemed most appropriate). How's K, the fat bull-dyke nazi? Oh, and her dirt-road suck-up, maineman?

darin
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
How's K, the fat bull-dyke nazi? Oh, and her dirt-road suck-up, maineman?

You REALLY need to learn to let-shit-go.

wow.

CockySOB
03-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Good luck to ya Scott.

My comment about speculation on websites was more directed at Greg based on his buying the board, making substantial changes and then selling pretty much right after he made the changes. It reminded me of a number of internet website speculators form the dot-com era, most of which failed to understand the true assets of a community-based website. If you're in it for the long-haul, then kudos! That's the proper mentality for investment whether in on-line communities or traditional investment properties.

Peace!

glockmail
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
You REALLY need to learn to let-shit-go.

wow.

Just call me Mr. Old Testament. :laugh2:

CSM
03-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi,

A few points:

Peace,

Scott

Welcome.

I for one appreciate your effort in coming here to explain. I also appreciate what you are trying to do. While some here bear some grudges (justifiable or not) some do not and wish you well.

jimnyc
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi,

A few points:

Welcome, Scott. I do also appreciate your efforts, but as I stated in our correspondence, the merger idea would be good for USMB and totally eliminate what I've built here. I have everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain by merging. Nothing wrong with persistence though, without you likely wouldn't be a good businessman! But honestly, I don't ever see myself selling off this site. The USMB was never meant to be a 'business' for me and I really didn't want to sell, but personal reasons dictated that situation. This site is also not a business, but rather a hobby amongst those I now consider my friends and I won't take that lightly again.

2) I'm not a speculator (at least not in this case). I'm buying USMB to develop it long-term. I don't expect to make my dot com millions on a political discussion board.I'm glad to hear that. I hope you'll develop it as a community and not a business. Simple things make it feeling like home go a long way to retaining members. We had a 'ribbon' on our old header containing a memorial to a dedicated member, and veteran, who unfortunately lost his life. This disappeared shortly after the site was sold. The new owner was questioned about it and a response was never given. I tried the best I could to solicit input from members before making changes, especially if they were cosmetic and the board didn't demand such changes. As stated to you in our correspondence, any community is only as good as it's members.

Peace,

ScottScott, you are welcome here. We don't ban users arbitrarily. Let me be clear - I have absolutely no problem if any member from here wishes to post there as well. I think it's a great board, and the better part of 475k posts were made by many of us here. We had a few hidden forums for loyal members that I understand were being deleted. It's things such as that which make members dumbfounded. I hope you'll make appropriate changes to make it more of a 'family' environment. Some may believe deleting funny smiles, hidden forums & dealing out infractions for using terms such as 'moron' make that family environment, but I disagree.

Lastly, and again, I want to be honest here. I think a part of your reasoning for coming here is to try and convince members to return to USMB. While your explanations and willingness to answer questions is applauded, I think if any attempt is done to 'convince' them to return, it will backfire. Members must choose for themselves where they like to post, and for the right reasons. With you just purchasing your own political board, I really don't see why you would want to run over here and register to participate. I think the sole reason is hoping to convince members to return. While making them aware that change is in process is fine, and I even agreed to make an announcement here, I think that's where it should end.

You seem like a nice guy to me. I have no issues remaining with USMB other than a dislike for the current admin for my own reasons. I have no desire left for any type of drama or board wars. Like you, this will be the last I discuss this as well, as all of the members here are adults and are free to make their own decisions. I truly wish you and the USMB the best of luck. No matter how many times it changes hands, and no matter who posts there, so long as it's alive, I believe a part of me will always be there in spirit.

Mr. P
03-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Lastly, and again, I want to be honest here. I think a part of your reasoning for coming here is to try and convince members to return to USMB. ....

BINGO! Which is why I said it was shitty. IMO, posting here in the manner he did was nothing more than an end-run around the declined merger.

Now, to be clear, I wish Scott the best in rebuilding USMB from the ashes.

Scooter
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Welcome, Scott. I do also appreciate your efforts, but as I stated in our correspondence, the merger idea would be good for USMB and totally eliminate what I've built here. I have everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain by merging. Nothing wrong with persistence though, without you likely wouldn't be a good businessman! But honestly, I don't ever see myself selling off this site. The USMB was never meant to be a 'business' for me and I really didn't want to sell, but personal reasons dictated that situation. This site is also not a business, but rather a hobby amongst those I now consider my friends and I won't take that lightly again.

I'm glad to hear that. I hope you'll develop it as a community and not a business. Simple things make it feeling like home go a long way to retaining members. We had a 'ribbon' on our old header containing a memorial to a dedicated member, and veteran, who unfortunately lost his life. This disappeared shortly after the site was sold. The new owner was questioned about it and a response was never given. I tried the best I could to solicit input from members before making changes, especially if they were cosmetic and the board didn't demand such changes. As stated to you in our correspondence, any community is only as good as it's members.

Scott, you are welcome here. We don't ban users arbitrarily. Let me be clear - I have absolutely no problem if any member from here wishes to post there as well. I think it's a great board, and the better part of 475k posts were made by many of us here. We had a few hidden forums for loyal members that I understand were being deleted. It's things such as that which make members dumbfounded. I hope you'll make appropriate changes to make it more of a 'family' environment. Some may believe deleting funny smiles, hidden forums & dealing out infractions for using terms such as 'moron' make that family environment, but I disagree.

Lastly, and again, I want to be honest here. I think a part of your reasoning for coming here is to try and convince members to return to USMB. While your explanations and willingness to answer questions is applauded, I think if any attempt is done to 'convince' them to return, it will backfire. Members must choose for themselves where they like to post, and for the right reasons. With you just purchasing your own political board, I really don't see why you would want to run over here and register to participate. I think the sole reason is hoping to convince members to return. While making them aware that change is in process is fine, and I even agreed to make an announcement here, I think that's where it should end.

You seem like a nice guy to me. I have no issues remaining with USMB other than a dislike for the current admin for my own reasons. I have no desire left for any type of drama or board wars. Like you, this will be the last I discuss this as well, as all of the members here are adults and are free to make their own decisions. I truly wish you and the USMB the best of luck. No matter how many times it changes hands, and no matter who posts there, so long as it's alive, I believe a part of me will always be there in spirit.

Jim,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide this insight. It's helpful for me.

And I really think we agree about a lot of these issues related to managing communities.

There's a reason you've been successful at this; you know what you're doing.

Keep up the good work.

Now, ass kissing is done (unless it'll help (that's me being :gay:)).

I will again encourage anyone with other questions about USMB to PM me, as it doesn't seem quite right to be pimping another site here.

Cheers,

Scott

Scooter
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
BINGO! Which is why I said it was shitty. IMO, posting here in the manner he did was nothing more than an end-run around the declined merger.

Considering Jim offered to post about the transition and indicated he'd encourage folks to give USMB another chance, I don't think that's the case.

He seems to feel an open door both ways between both sites is a good policy, and I agree with him.

Let's be honest, my coming on this site won't convince anyone here of shit. It'll be seeing the changes over there that will make people want to actually post again. And even then, this place is already providing the environment folks are looking for.

I don't think my presence here was going to sway a whole lot of folks. But I did want to offer more complete information than was available without my participation here.

Plus, it's a good site!

That's all.

I'm not going to try to convince you of my pure intentions anymore, you have a right to draw whatever conclusions you wish.

Yurt
03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't have any problem answering questions, publically or privately (whichever is deemed most appropriate).

Do you mind Jimmy making posts on your board inviting people to this one?

Yurt
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Jim,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide this insight. It's helpful for me.

And I really think we agree about a lot of these issues related to managing communities.

There's a reason you've been successful at this; you know what you're doing.

Keep up the good work.

Now, ass kissing is done (unless it'll help (that's me being :gay:)).

I will again encourage anyone with other questions about USMB to PM me, as it doesn't seem quite right to be pimping another site here.
Cheers,

Scott

Then why are you pimping? :poke:

Pale Rider
03-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi,

A few points:

Peace,

Scott

Boards are like a home, and yes, I "used to" live at the USMB. But I don't anymore. My home is here as well as my family. I won't be going anywhere.

Thanks for the invite, but no thanks.

And as long as you press Jimmy to "consolidate", I'll press him NOT to, because I'm a persistant bastard too.

Yurt
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Boards are like a home, and yes, I "used to" live at the USMB. But I don't anymore. My home is here as well as my family. I won't be going anywhere.

Thanks for the invite, but no thanks.

And as long as you press Jimmy to "consolidate", I'll press him NOT to, because I'm a persistant bastard too.

:dance:

Boom, there it is. Maybe that guy should consolidate under Jimmy, not merge. Jim has proven a leader. If this guy wants to invest, invest in Jim, not have Jim merge. If scooter did his homework before investing in this new venture then he HAS to know how bad the previous owner screwed over the "customers" and thus lost incalculable good will.

Scooter, you made a big mistake coming here and trying to get people back in the way you did. You bought that board knowing people were unhappy not only with the owner, but the administration.

On the bright side, your coming here simply showed how awesome Jim is and how competent an owner he is.

Said1
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
There's no need for any of us to post here. Sounds like someone needs a romantic night boating...

:laugh2: :clap:

No1tovote4
03-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi,

A few points:

Peace,

Scott

Okey, Scoots. You gonna remove the spy mods that let ya read what are supposed to be private discourse?

KarlMarx
03-03-2007, 08:23 AM
I, for one, hope that the sale of USMB will help to mend some fences. I was very stunned to hear of all the developments at USMB (like monitoring PMs and banning of some of the "regulars") and the animosity that exists between some of our members and some of the USMB members.

I don't have anything against anyone over at USMB and I wish them well.

Pale Rider
03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
The USMB was taken over by a little junior Hitler that put quite frankly, fucked it up good. With that, and the bad taste it's left in everyone's mouth, it will never be what it was again. Maybe to new members who are unaware of it's history, but not the members who got SHIT on. We WON'T be going back.

The tradition and camaraderie of the old USMB are alive and well here at Debatepolicy with Jim at the helm. Good luck with your board Scotty, but I'd venture to say Jimmy won't be needing any of your help.

P.S. I *HATE* the colors greggie put on the USMB. What kind of faggy shit is that?

Abbey Marie
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Okey, Scoots. You gonna remove the spy mods that let ya read what are supposed to be private discourse?

Hey, nice to see you, No1!

Gunny
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Not to get you all wound up or anything, BUT ..... this IS a thread discussing the sale of USMB and the new owner.

You think his posting his side of the story in the first person is shittier than a one-way conversation about him without him?:poke:

Mr. P
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Not to get you all wound up or anything, BUT ..... this IS a thread discussing the sale of USMB and the new owner.

You think his posting his side of the story in the first person is shittier than a one-way conversation about him without him?:poke:

There really wasn't a conversation about 'him' until he posted on page 3.

I call em like I see em, and I see this as an attempt to end run Jim and pull members back to USMB. Pretty transparent IMO.

Gunny
03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
There really wasn't a conversation about 'him' until he posted on page 3.

I call em like I see em, and I see this as an attempt to end run Jim and pull members back to USMB. Pretty transparent IMO.

I just don't see the "end run" you do. As far as the conversation goes, the thread, to include thread title, is about "him."

I would consider individually PMing each of us try to lure us back as an "end run." Not posting it in public.

But hey, guess we just see it differently. Like THAT's a first.:laugh2:

Mr. P
03-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I just don't see the "end run" you do. As far as the conversation goes, the thread, to include thread title, is about "him."

I would consider individually PMing each of us try to lure us back as an "end run." Not posting it in public.

But hey, guess we just see it differently. Like THAT's a first.:laugh2:
Nope not a first, but we understand each other. :salute:

No1tovote4
03-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey, nice to see you, No1!

Yeah, hi!

darin
03-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I dislike Greg as much as anyone - but I figured comparisons to people who've killed MILLIONS, or other tyrants, I get a little funny-feeling. C'mon folks. Greg's all-encompassing admin style sent the board to the toilet, but he's NOT an evil mass-murder. Let's calm down a bit folks.

It's a message board. It's 1's and 0's...WE...the Individuals make a message board. Without members, good-solid members, forums are empty of the spirit which draws people to them.

Dilloduck
03-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I dislike Greg as much as anyone - but I figured comparisons to people who've killed MILLIONS, or other tyrants, I get a little funny-feeling. C'mon folks. Greg's all-encompassing admin style sent the board to the toilet, but he's NOT an evil mass-murder. Let's calm down a bit folks.

It's a message board. It's 1's and 0's...WE...the Individuals make a message board. Without members, good-solid members, forums are empty of the spirit which draws people to them.

And admins and mods who treat members with respect get participation and respect in return. It's a good lesson for everyone to learn. Some just have to learn the hard way. It's all good.

Yurt
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Scooter
03-06-2007, 10:14 AM

I find no evidence of such a mod. I can't speak to whether one used to exist, but it didn't when I bought the site.

Regardless, my policy is that PMs are private. No admin will ever access them without a court order.

Scooter
03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Do you mind Jimmy making posts on your board inviting people to this one?

Jim's welcome at USMB. If he wanted to post an informational update about this site over there in a thread referencing his site, he'd be welcome to do so.

I've tried to provide information in this thread, not advertising.

jimnyc
03-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Jim's welcome at USMB.

Apparently not, Jim's been banned from USMB. :(

Pale Rider
03-06-2007, 11:00 AM

Yeah I think we should just nip this little situation in the bud... :cool:

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM

:laugh2: She's still a loose canon!

KitchenKitten99
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM

you have been banned? I was just there a little while ago, but not logged in, and I didn't see anything on your screen-name about it... huh...

Scooter
03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
It appears he was banned by previous ownership.

This has been corrected, as have the bans of other non-spammers.

shattered
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Why would the "previous" owner still be a current administrator...with the power to ban?

glockmail
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM

This has been corrected, as have the bans of other non-spammers. No fucking fair! My bannishment from USMB is a BADGE OF HONOR!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Fat K must be pissed, as she PROMISED that I was banned FOREVAH!

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
No fucking fair! My bannishment from USMB is a BADGE OF HONOR!

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Fat K must be pissed, as she PROMISED that I was banned FOREVAH!

:laugh2: Yeah, but don't fool yerself, she'll get her revenge if you show your face. She always has. The only fix is to pop her back to being a member. I'll not post back there until that happens.

shattered
03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
:laugh2: Yeah, but don't fool yerself, she'll get her revenge if you show your face. She always has. The only fix is to pop her back to being a member. I'll not post back there until that happens.

Funny.. That was actually one of my questions via PM over there.. No more than 20 mins ago.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Funny.. That was actually one of my questions via PM over there.. No more than 20 mins ago.

We both understand. I think.

PS edit: I promise I didn't see your pm.

shattered
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
We both understand. I think.

PS edit: I promise I didn't see your pm.

My question was more along the lines of since she was part of that entire debacle, will she be retained as an Admin, or Mod..

He stated that no changes would be made either way until he finished investigating the PM problem.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 01:01 PM

I just posted. My new user title is BANNED FOREVER!!

I think I'll change it to "You said I was banned forever".:coffee:

shattered
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Don't stir... It's not nice.. If you don't want to go back because of previous problems, then don't.. But..don't go back to just stir the pot...

KitchenKitten99
03-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Don't stir... It's not nice.. If you don't want to go back because of previous problems, then don't.. But..don't go back to just stir the pot...

but stirring is so much fun, especially when you're low on money and need entertainment... :laugh2:

glockmail
03-06-2007, 01:06 PM
But stirring the pot is fun. :coffee:

KitchenKitten99
03-06-2007, 01:08 PM
But stirring the pot is fun. :coffee:

heh---great minds always think alike! :cool:

shattered
I got my answer t my PM...

Again, I'm going to recommend you don't stir, and give the guy a chance.

glockmail
One thing I can say for FatK, at least she had the balls to outright ban me. On another board, they stopped letting me post without first having them "approved" by a mod. Now THAT was gay.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
heh---great minds always think alike! :cool: A mind is a terrible thing to be wasted on.

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I find no evidence of such a mod. I can't speak to whether one used to exist, but it didn't when I bought the site.

Regardless, my policy is that PMs are private. No admin will ever access them without a court order.

My question was more along the lines of since she was part of that entire debacle, will she be retained as an Admin, or Mod..

He stated that no changes would be made either way until he finished investigating the PM problem.

Ah..hummm..guess he HASN'T really checked it out yet then. :laugh2:

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 01:38 PM

shattered
03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Ah..hummm..guess he HASN'T really checked it out yet then. :laugh2:

Maybe not checked, but has done something in the interests of ...peace?

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe not checked, but has done something in the interests of ...peace?

Peace? But there is no war. Is there? Lots of people pissed though.

The ClayTaurus
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Ah..hummm..guess he HASN'T really checked it out yet then. :laugh2:Dude you really need to let this whole thing go. He said there was no mod currently installed. He's probably investigating whether there used to be such a mod installed. That doesn't mean he lied, as you have implied he did.

Furthermore, I just checked the board leadership page at USMB and Kat is no longer listed as staff. Scooter also made a post about staff changes...

Why are you so hostile towards this guy?

shattered
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Dude you really need to let this whole thing go. He said there was no mod currently installed. He's probably investigating whether there used to be such a mod installed. That doesn't mean he lied, as you have implied he did.

Furthermore, I just checked the board leadership page at USMB and Kat is no longer listed as staff. Scooter also made a post about staff changes...

Thank you..

This isn't Greg. Greg pissed everyone off without a care in the world.. This is a different person - let's not totally convict him before he commits any crime...

Mr. P
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Dude you really need to let this whole thing go. He said there was no mod currently installed. He's probably investigating whether there used to be such a mod installed. That doesn't mean he lied, as you have implied he did.

I'm don't think I'm being hostile towards him, I wished him well. I don't know the guy except what he posted here. I think that posting here was pretty low, after Jim had posted Scot wanted to merge and he had declined. That set the tone for me. If he keeps posting here about USMB I'll keep commenting. So there ya go.

Roomy
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I have just had a look over there and I am not able to access anything, so I take it I am still banned?As long as Greg and Kathianne have anything to do with the running of things over there I don't see them allowing me back, their loss:laugh2:

Scooter
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
If he keeps posting here about USMB I'll keep commenting.

about USMB

glockmail
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM

So fat K is gone. :laugh2:
still posting though.....

OCA
03-06-2007, 03:18 PM

How about me? I'm one of the first extremely active members and a former staff member who was banned for pm'n one member with a link to here. Gonna unban me there?

glockmail
03-06-2007, 03:27 PM
How about me? I'm one of the first extremely active members and a former staff member who was banned for pm'n one member with a link to here. Gonna unban me there? Just checked. You've been unbanned. My only replies to maineman will be "fuck you". :laugh2:

OCA
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Well will you lookey there! I'm unbanned and Greg and Kath are off staff. Somehow I sense trouble brewing on the horizon though, methinks the bad blood will boil sooner or later in respect to Kath.

shattered
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
(Seeeee.... Told ya give'm a chance.) :)

OCA
03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I got no problem with this Scooter guy but I do have a prob with Greg and Kathianne, kept it under wraps till now but my time is coming shortly. I PM'D RSR with a link to here and was banned within 5 minutes of that pm, somebody gonna tell me they didn't read that pm?

I got a legitimate beef with those two but I promise you Shattered since you've been around a long time and I have respect for you that I will TRY to handle it civilly(sp?), can't promise you that though.

Doniston
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Just checked. You've been unbanned. My only replies to maineman will be "fuck you". :laugh2: I'm new here but I am curious. I have seen the references to USMB but when I try to google it, I get conflicting sites. Can anyone direct me to it??? Thanks.

OCA
03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm new here but I am curious. I have seen the references to USMB but when I try to google it, I get conflicting sites. Can anyone direct me to it??? Thanks.

www.usmessageboard.com

shattered
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I got no problem with this Scooter guy but I do have a prob with Greg and Kathianne, kept it under wraps till now but my time is coming shortly. I PM'D RSR with a link to here and was banned within 5 minutes of that pm, somebody gonna tell me they didn't read that pm?

I got a legitimate beef with those two but I promise you Shattered since you've been around a long time and I have respect for you that I will TRY to handle it civilly(sp?), can't promise you that though.

Here's why I'm spouting "give him a chance"..

When most people PM'd Greg, or Kath, and asked questions, got pissed off, etc, they were basically told to shut the fuck up, or get the hell out.. When they voiced additional opinions, the door was opened, and slammed behind them, with somebodys boot in their ass, for lack of a better term...

Received an email, which I responded to (rather bluntly) asking a couple questions about the previous owner, and the (then) still current Admin.

The response I received wasn't a smartassed "I'll do it my way, screw you if you don't like it." It was a well thought-out reply, that basically said "Well, I'mg going to do XX before I make any decision, but my eyes are open, and further comments are welcome."

Been a long time since one of those types of replies came from that board.

CSM
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I say give the guy a chance too....just my opinion, but I know that most on this board are pretty fair minded.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Here's why I'm spouting "give him a chance"..

When most people PM'd Greg, or Kath, and asked questions, got pissed off, etc, they were basically told to shut the fuck up, or get the hell out.. When they voiced additional opinions, the door was opened, and slammed behind them, with somebodys boot in their ass, for lack of a better term...

Received an email, which I responded to (rather bluntly) asking a couple questions about the previous owner, and the (then) still current Admin.

The response I received wasn't a smartassed "I'll do it my way, screw you if you don't like it." It was a well thought-out reply, that basically said "Well, I'mg going to do XX before I make any decision, but my eyes are open, and further comments are welcome."

Been a long time since one of those types of replies came from that board.

I like the "K's got a fat ass and is a Nazi" explanation better. :laugh2:

shattered
03-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I like the "K's got a fat ass and is a Nazi" explanation better. :laugh2:

You may like it better, but it's irrelevant.

Besides, some guys like fat asses. Not any I know, but some do...

glockmail
03-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I say give the guy a chance too....just my opinion, but I know that most on this board are pretty fair minded. Some of my old buds there are complaining that the lace is polluted with liberals. :pee: on them.

glockmail
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
You may like it better, but it's irrelevant.

Besides, some guys like fat asses. Not any I know, but some do... I don't know any sane guy who likes a fat ass. Then again, I don't know many sane guys.

shattered
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Some of my old buds there are complaining that the lace is polluted with liberals. :pee: on them.

It hasn't stopped you from going back. :coffee:

glockmail
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
It hasn't stopped you from going back. :coffee: But with an entirely differnt attitude. And its bad. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Scott seems like he wants USMB to succeed using the interactions between members to build an online community, which is significantly different than Greg's obvious methods of handing out infractions until board morale increased. So I agree, give him a chance.

jimnyc
03-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Scott seems like he wants USMB to succeed using the interactions between members to build an online community, which is significantly different than Greg's obvious methods of handing out infractions until board morale increased. So I agree, give him a chance.

I think I'm in agreement with Jeff. While I'm sure that Scott's objective is to see the USMB be successful once again, and I believe that's his sole reason for coming here, I also believe he is sincere. At least he seems to have the attitude of 'listening' to members feedback before making changes, and appears to have an honest quality about him. I think he wants to find out what went wrong in the past few months before deciding which is the best action to take to correct things. And why not ask those who were the most loyal, long standing members there before things went sour?

While I obviously want things to be successful here as well, I have no issue whatsoever if everyone wants to pop in over there and give things a chance. Do I want to merge boards? No. But I believe in giving a fair shake as things will bite you in the ass if you don't believe that the members themselves run these communities, as Greg and Kathianne have now learned.

I want this board to be great and successful. I want the post count to increase as well as the member base. I want more liberals to join, as well as conservatives, so that we can have some great discussions and debates. I want this to be like a family for everyone, but with an adult edge where you feel comfortable posting as you please. So don't get me wrong, my attention is solely based here, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump on Scott, and we should give him an opportunity to do his thing as well. While I have no problem encouraging members to check out USMB, I obviously hope everyone will remain here as family and continue posting. I would be nothing more than a dumbass if I expected to control where and when members can post. Honesty and integrity by management is the second most important thing to a community following the members themselves.

CSM
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Some of my old buds there are complaining that the lace is polluted with liberals. :pee: on them.

All the more reason some of us should post there! Can't let the libs take over everything!

CSM
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I think I'm in agreement with Jeff. While I'm sure that Scott's objective is to see the USMB be successful once again, and I believe that's his sole reason for coming here, I also believe he is sincere. At least he seems to have the attitude of 'listening' to members feedback before making changes, and appears to have an honest quality about him. I think he wants to find out what went wrong in the past few months before deciding which is the best action to take to correct things. And why not ask those who were the most loyal, long standing members there before things went sour?

While I obviously want things to be successful here as well, I have no issue whatsoever if everyone wants to pop in over there and give things a chance. Do I want to merge boards? No. But I believe in giving a fair shake as things will bite you in the ass if you don't believe that the members themselves run these communities, as Greg and Kathianne have now learned.

I want this board to be great and successful. I want the post count to increase as well as the member base. I want more liberals to join, as well as conservatives, so that we can have some great discussions and debates. I want this to be like a family for everyone, but with an adult edge where you feel comfortable posting as you please. So don't get me wrong, my attention is solely based here, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump on Scott, and we should give him an opportunity to do his thing as well. While I have no problem encouraging members to check out USMB, I obviously hope everyone will remain here as family and continue posting. I would be nothing more than a dumbass if I expected to control where and when members can post. Honesty and integrity by management is the second most important thing to a community following the members themselves.

There is no way in hell I am advocating abandoning this board!!! I like it here too much; it is now my "home base"!

However, I just have to ask what is the limit the number of people you can have on your ignore list? If you ask too many more libs to come over here there may not be enough room on my list!

shattered
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
There is no way in hell I am advocating abandoning this board!!! I like it here too much; it is now my "home base"!

However, I just have to ask what is the limit the number of people you can have on your ignore list? If you ask too many more libs to come over here there may not be enough room on my list!

Just pick and choose carefully.. You have to keep some of them around for entertainment value..

I don't have anyone on my list. Not even Roomy. :D

Jon
03-06-2007, 08:28 PM

Not true. I'm not a spammer, and I'm still banned.

Userid: misterblu

Scooter
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Not true. I'm not a spammer, and I'm still banned.

Userid: misterblu

I shall fix immediately. Some of the reasons listed for the bans aren't as clear as they could have been.

Pale Rider
03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
USMB? Fuck 'em.......... ooops..... was that my outside voice? :laugh2:

You want some adive Scotty? CHANGE THE FUCKIN' FAGGY COLORS OVER THERE!!!! And if I'm banned, I don't care. It can stay that way. I'm good here. I've never posted on two boards in my life, and have no plans to start.

But good luck with it anyway. You've given me no real reason to wish you otherwise.

P.S. If there's still a "mattskrammer" over there Scott, you need to REALLY keep your eye on that sick son of a bitch. He openly and proudly proclaims his support for incest. Individuals don't come much SICKER and PERVERTED than that!

Abbey Marie
03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I have to agree about the pea soup color, Scott. It's kind of depressing.

The ClayTaurus
03-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey Pale, would you mind shrinking your sig line a bit? It takes forever to scroll through a thread where you have multiple posts.

Thanks either way.

Roomy
03-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Scooter has moved heaven and earth to let me back in over there, dodging all the traps left by Kathianne:laugh2: It seems I have been voted the most popular poster in USMB history(o:cool: r have I just made that up?)

CockySOB
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
So far Scooter, I like your style!

CSM
03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Scooter has moved heaven and earth to let me back in over there, dodging all the traps left by Kathianne:laugh2: It seems I have been voted the most popular poster in USMB history(o:cool: r have I just made that up?)

Bah ... you'll get yerself banned in less than a month.

glockmail
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I have to agree about the pea soup color, Scott. It's kind of depressing. I like it. Sort of an olive-drab-desert sand. :laugh2:

Roomy
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Bah ... you'll get yerself banned in less than a month.

You jest, surely?

CSM
03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
You jest, surely?

:cool:

Sitarro
03-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Otay!