PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh seeks to sow chaos in Democrats' race

stephanie
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
operation chaos make the front page..:laugh2:

Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's crucial Pennsylvania primary victory last week came with the help of a patchwork of political support: working-class voters, seniors, white men, Catholics, women and - maybe even the Great Satan.

Rush Limbaugh may be his real name, but to millions of Democratic grassroots voters, especially on the left, the conservative icon who's been called the most influential radio broadcaster in America reigns as the political Prince of Darkness.

Even more so during a 2008 presidential race in which Limbaugh has assumed a new title, "commander," as he heads a drive dubbed "Operation Chaos," a gleeful and, he argues, increasingly successful effort to wreak havoc with the Democratic primary system and its candidates, Clinton and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

Limbaugh's effort, which began early this year, is a call to arms urging conservatives and Republican voters to re-register as Democrats - and create chaos in that party's presidential nomination process by casting a vote.

The proof that it is working, Limbaugh says, is in the unusual turnout of turncoats: An estimated 100,000 GOP voters crossed over in Tuesday's Pennsylvania primary. And he argues it's no coincidence that TV networks last week appeared reluctant to rely on exit polling and waited more than an hour before calling a solid Keystone State win for Clinton. "Operation Chaos" loyalists have been following orders to mess with exit pollers en masse - by lying to them, Limbaugh says.

read the rest and LOTS of comments..
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/26/MN3A10AP2P.DTL

stang56k
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow how the sheep showed up in droves at the whem of "Master Limbaugh" commands! :lame2:

Little-Acorn
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Wow how the sheep showed up in droves at the whem of "Master Limbaugh" commands! :lame2:

Wow, how quickly the leftists announced that people who agree with Limbaugh are "sheep', that is, unthinking followers of robot-like commands. The idea that they might have decided for themselves that this was a good way to go, instead of voting for or against a Republican who has already clinched the nomination of his party, isnot to be considered. Oh, nooo, that couldn't be.

But the people who hear Barack Obama say "I'll bring change" and not much else, and vote for him on that basis, aren't "sheep" at all. No, they've carefully thought through all the ramification of "I'll bring change" and decided independently that this is good, somehow.

:lol:

stang56k
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow, how quickly the leftists announced that people who agree with Limbaugh are "sheep', that is, unthinking followers of robot-like commands. The idea that they might have decided for themselves that this was a good way to go, instead of voting for or against a Republican who has already clinched the nomination of his party, isnot to be considered. Oh, nooo, that couldn't be.

But the people who hear Barack Obama say "I'll bring change" and not much else, and vote for him on that basis, aren't "sheep" at all. No, they've carefully thought through all the ramification of "I'll bring change" and decided independently that this is good, somehow.

:lol:

Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a Leftist. A constitutionalist is what I am. I voted and donated to Ron Paul if that means anything to you.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
operation chaos make the front page..:laugh2:

Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's crucial Pennsylvania primary victory last week came with the help of a patchwork of political support: working-class voters, seniors, white men, Catholics, women and - maybe even the Great Satan.

Rush Limbaugh may be his real name, but to millions of Democratic grassroots voters, especially on the left, the conservative icon who's been called the most influential radio broadcaster in America reigns as the political Prince of Darkness.

Even more so during a 2008 presidential race in which Limbaugh has assumed a new title, "commander," as he heads a drive dubbed "Operation Chaos," a gleeful and, he argues, increasingly successful effort to wreak havoc with the Democratic primary system and its candidates, Clinton and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

Limbaugh's effort, which began early this year, is a call to arms urging conservatives and Republican voters to re-register as Democrats - and create chaos in that party's presidential nomination process by casting a vote.

The proof that it is working, Limbaugh says, is in the unusual turnout of turncoats: An estimated 100,000 GOP voters crossed over in Tuesday's Pennsylvania primary. And he argues it's no coincidence that TV networks last week appeared reluctant to rely on exit polling and waited more than an hour before calling a solid Keystone State win for Clinton. "Operation Chaos" loyalists have been following orders to mess with exit pollers en masse - by lying to them, Limbaugh says.

read the rest and LOTS of comments..
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/26/MN3A10AP2P.DTL

I cracked up with laughter when my guy RSR, told me how the Deds reacted to his voting for Hillary last Tues

He had alot of fun being a Democrat for a day

glockmail
04-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Sorry to disappoint you but I am not a Leftist. A constitutionalist is what I am. I voted and donated to Ron Paul if that means anything to you. If that's the case then you should appreciate the fact that people are exercising their rights as voters.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
If that's the case then you should appreciate the fact that people are exercising their rights as voters.

But like in my party, the voters will NOT end up picking our candidate to compete in November

The party bosses will do that for us

mundame
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
"Limbaugh seeks to sow chaos in Democrats' race"

Whoops, too late, Democrats' chaos was sown, cultivated, and a good crop reaped already.

04-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Whoops, too late, Democrats' chaos was sown, cultivated, and a good crop reaped already.

funny thing is Rush didnt have to sow anything. He just provided the right environment for it to come through.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 12:27 PM

While my guy RSR is sitting back and laughing, I shake my head looking at how my party is one screwed up mess

mundame
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
While my guy RSR is sitting back and laughing, I shake my head looking at how my party is one screwed up mess

Who are you, and what have you done with that nice RSR? http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Let him out, FREE RSR!

glockmail
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
So you're RSR's squeeze? :poke:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
So you're RSR's squeeze? :poke:

For 2 1/2 years

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Who are you, and what have you done with that nice RSR? http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Let him out, FREE RSR!

He has a bad reaction to his chemo treatment. It will be a couple more days until he has his energy back

glockmail
04-28-2008, 01:56 PM
For 2 1/2 years It sounds like he's a lucky guy. :clap:

mundame
04-28-2008, 02:06 PM
He has a bad reaction to his chemo treatment. It will be a couple more days until he has his energy back

Okay. Best wishes to him from me.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
It sounds like he's a lucky guy. :clap:

and he knows it

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Okay. Best wishes to him from me.

Thank you mundame. I will tell him later when I call to check on him

Little-Acorn
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Hope he comes thru OK. Please give him my best wishes, slg.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Hope he comes thru OK. Please give him my best wishes, slg.

Thank you. I will add your name to Mundam's and pass your Get Well wishes along

glockmail
04-28-2008, 02:19 PM
and he knows it He'd better!

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
He'd better!

I make that point clear to him as often as I can

No, really, RSR is a wonderful guy - ands I have never been happier

We both came from rotten marriages, and we fit like spoons in the drawer

I am very lucky as well

glockmail
04-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I make that point clear to him as often as I can

No, really, RSR is a wonderful guy - ands I have never been happier

We both came from rotten marriages, and we fit like spoons in the drawer

I am very lucky as well
He knows I'm praying for him, and I'm sure there are others here as well. :salute:

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
He knows I'm praying for him, and I'm sure there are others here as well. :salute:

With ONE EXCEPTION, anyine who has expressed a comment has wished him only the best

glockmail
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
With ONE EXCEPTION, anyine who has expressed a comment has wished him only the best
Gee I wonder who that nice gentleman would be?

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Gee I wonder who that nice gentleman would be?

The same one who has not posted since caught in a lie by the mods :laugh2:

glockmail
04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
The same one who has not posted since caught in a lie by the mods :laugh2: He'll continue on. He's got no shame.

semi liberal girl
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
He'll continue on. He's got no shame.

or character

or integrity

or honor

Little-Acorn
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I shake my head looking at how my party is one screwed up mess

Slg, to get back closer to the orginal subject:
IMHO the Democrat party didn't get that way just recently. They started down that road back when they decided that government can, and should, "help" people with the ordinary problems and perils of life, instead of only protecting their fundamental rights. Note that the Republican party is starting to do this too.

IMHO the purpose of government is ONLY to protect our rights. That is, protect us from invasion, protect us from murder, theft, fraud, and other such crimes, manage foreign relations, establish stable money, pursue and prosecute criminals, and several other things.

When they start trying to provide retirement benefits, health care insurance, unemployment compensation, welfare payments etc., they are doing things that will sap the will of their people, and so they will weaken the country. Some Democrats truly believe they are doing the country a favor with those programs, and that is their reason for pushing them. But unfortunately the results come out differently from their intentions, nearly every time. The process is gradual, but inevitable.

Furthermore, the people who started this country knew that, and so they wrote the Constitution to ban the Fed govt from doing any of those things. Those parts of the Constitution are the most-violated laws we have.

One of the problems with such an agenda, is that there are literally no limits to how much "help" a government can try to give... or, more correctly, try to force its people to "give". Once you go outside the bounds of the Constitution, there are no more limits. So various Democrat politicians start fighting over whether we should force "most" people into helath care plans, including people who don't want them, or force "all" people into health care plans, since no "universal" health care plan can tolerate outside competition. Etc. etc. for every other such agenda item. And since the questions are impossible to resolve, the conflict gets bitter, people start calling names and throwing smears, etc..... just as the Democrats are starting to do to each other now.

You're not complaining about a basic trait of Democrats, but just a symptom of the basic traits.

My $0.02 worth. Or $3.59 at today's prices.