PDA

View Full Version : Who's that under the bus?

Pages : [1] 2

hjmick
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Why...It looks like the good Reverend Wright! And who is that dusting himself off after tossing him there? None other than Barack Obama. He should have done it months ago. This may turn out to be a case of too little too late.

Obama says he's outraged by former pastor's comments
Apr 29 02:51 PM US/Eastern
By MIKE GLOVER
Associated Press Writer

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama said Tuesday he was outraged and appalled by the latest comments from his former pastor, who asserted that criticism of his fiery sermons is an attack on the black church and the U.S. government was responsible for the creation of the AIDS virus.

The presidential candidate is seeking to tamp down the growing fury over Rev. Jeremiah Wright and his incendiary remarks that threaten to undermine his campaign.

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw yesterday," Obama told reporters at a news conference...

"This is not an attack on Jeremiah Wright," Wright told the Washington media Monday. "It has nothing to do with Senator Obama. It is an attack on the black church launched by people who know nothing about the African-American religious tradition."

Obama told reporters Tuesday that Wright's comments do not accurately portray the perspective of the black church.

"The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," Obama said of the man who married him.

Wright criticized the U.S. government as imperialist and stood by his suggestion that the United States invented the HIV virus as a means of genocide against minorities. "Based on this Tuskegee experiment and based on what has happened to Africans in this country, I believe our government is capable of doing anything," he said.

Obama said he heard that Wright had given "a performance" and when he watched tapes, he realized that it more than just a case of the former pastor defending himself.

"What became clear to me was that he was presenting a world view that contradicts what I am and what I stand for," Obama said.

In a highly publicized speech last month, Obama sharply condemned Wright's remarks. But he did not leave the church or repudiate the minister himself, who he said was like a family member.

On Tuesday, Obama sought to distance himself further from Wright.

"I gave him the benefit of the doubt in my speech in Philadelphia explaining that he's done enormous good. ... But when he states and then amplifies such ridiculous propositions as the U.S. government somehow being involved in AIDS. ... There are no excuses. They offended me. They rightly offend all Americans and they should be denounced..."

Complete story... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90BMTNO0&show_article=1)

stephanie
04-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Let's see.....under the bus so far.

white grandma-check

pastor-check

Obambam-typical politician

:dance:

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Why...It looks like the good Reverend Wright! And who is that dusting himself off after tossing him there? None other than Barack Obama. He should have done it months ago. This may turn out to be a case of too little too late.

'Should have done it "months" ago?' You mean should have done it YEARS ago.

Hussein is a typical, lying, gas bag, politician fuck. He's only, ALL OF A SUDDEN throwing the reverend under the bus because he's running for President. Any IMBICILE can see that. Hussein is a lying piece of shit.

hjmick
04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I was being generous.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
'Should have done it "months" ago?' You mean should have done it YEARS ago.

Hussein is a typical, lying, gas bag, politician fuck. He's only, ALL OF A SUDDEN throwing the reverend under the bus because he's running for President. Any IMBICILE can see that. Hussein is a lying piece of shit.

Where was his "outrage" yesterday as his moonbat pastor was sprewing his latest crap?

Pale there are a few imbiciles who will be defending Obama soon enough right here on this thread - they will be along shortly

retiredman
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Where was his "outrage" yesterday as his moonbat pastor was sprewing his latest crap?

to answer your question, a faux news story from YESTERDAY:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/28/wright-appearance-sparks-more-rejection-from-obama-recriminations-by-critics/

any more questions, I'll try to answer them for you.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
to answer your question, a faux news story from YESTERDAY:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/28/wright-appearance-sparks-more-rejection-from-obama-recriminations-by-critics/

any more questions, I'll try to answer them for you.

Well I was right, he came along quicker then I thought

With Scotch on his breath. Trying to hide the smell of Obama Kool Aide

glockmail
04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Obama told reporters Tuesday that Wright's comments do not accurately portray the perspective of the black church. :laugh2:

Sure Barry.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 02:36 PM

you asked a question. I provided you with the answer.

any more questions, or are insults all you have to offer?

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
:laugh2:

Sure Barry.

He holds much more racist views then Wright does

retiredman
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
He holds much more racist views then Wright does

name one.

glockmail
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
He holds much more racist views then Wright does Now you're just being a typical white person.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Now you're just being a typical white person.

and the Black Defender at the same time :laugh2:

Yurt
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Now you're just being a typical white person.

oh wait, white people are not mentioned on obama's website, but africans are, asians, latinos, first americans, but no typical whiteys

mundame
04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
oh wait, white people are not mentioned on obama's website, but africans are, asians, latinos, first americans, but no typical whiteys

First Americans??????

Is....is that the new PC-speak for Indians? http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/indian.gif

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
"The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," Obama said of the man who married him.

It seems quite clear that Rev. Wright has no loyalty to see Obama is elected. He is speaking for himself and about himself. Watch for Rev Wright to say in the next few days on his speaking tour that he has not changed in the last 20 years and that the person he is today is the person Obama has known all along.

This exchange between the two men is going to continue, it may become uglier and it may destory Obama's presidential prospect.

glockmail
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
oh wait, white people are not mentioned on obama's website, but africans are, asians, latinos, first americans, but no typical whiteys He's gonna have a bit of a hard time getting his black ass elected without us honkeys.

Yurt
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
First Americans??????

Is....is that the new PC-speak for Indians? http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/indian.gif

thats what he calls them...and don't forget his racist views on the fact he is BEST able to represent blacks because he is black and his story is theirs.

Yurt
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
It seems quite clear that Rev. Wright has no loyalty to see Obama is elected. He is speaking for himself and about himself. Watch for Rev Wright to say in the next few days on his speaking tour that he has not changed in the last 20 years and that the person he is today is the person Obama has known all along.

and what is "amazing" is that obama "now" realizes it...notwithstanding in april of 2007 that wright and him talked about how wright would have to distance himself from obama's campaign because he is too controversial. obama is a lair, like some of his followers.

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
In the long run it may be Wright driving the bus and backing over Obama.

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM

I know you're new here slg, so I'll give you an update... this is mfm when it comes to hussein....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2093273754_4fb7884b81_o.jpg

Dilloduck
04-29-2008, 03:15 PM
In the long run it may be Wright driving the bus and backing over Obama.

While the Clintons can innocently stand by and giggle.

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Do you suppose when Rev. Wright says the attacks were not at him but at black churches, then Obama is outraged by Rev. Wright, will Rev. Wright try to say Obama is outraged at black churches? Is Obama going to become an Uncle Tom?

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I know you're new here slg, so I'll give you an update... this is mfm when it comes to hussein....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2093273754_4fb7884b81_o.jpg

RSR filled me in on the posters here - and I thought he was hyping it so I would join. But alas, he was not

I know all about MFM, and you give a very accurate description Pale. He is cheaper then getting a colonoscopy. MFM could be part of Obama's government run health care plan :laugh2:

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
While the Clintons can innocently stand by and giggle.

and the Super delegates see what a disater Obama has become

Denver is going to be a "hot" town to be in

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
and the Super delegates see what a disater Obama has become

Denver is going to be a "hot" town to be in

You know if hitlery gets the nomination, the blacks are going to riot and the dem party will be in tatters... man this is fun... :laugh:

Hagbard Celine
04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
All of you have been saying for weeks that he needed to denounce Pastor Wright but now that he's done it you're bashing him for doing it. He can't do anything right in ya'll's partisan eyes. He's not registered on your "team" so you won't give him a second look.

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 03:41 PM
All of you have been saying for weeks that he needed to denounce Pastor Wright but now that he's done it you're bashing him for doing it. He can't do anything right in ya'll's partisan eyes. He's not registered on your "team" so you won't give him a second look.

Too little too late. Had he denounced the rev twenty years ago, it would have been believable. Even ten years ago. Him doing it now is a joke. A blatant false act because he's running for President.

Wake up Hag... you're smarter than this.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 03:46 PM

He is doing it becasue he is tanking in the polls, and he is trying to save his political butt

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 03:47 PM
You know if hitlery gets the nomination, the blacks are going to riot and the dem party will be in tatters... man this is fun... :laugh:

Bring your marshmellowes, hot dogs, and steaks to Denver :laugh2:

Dilloduck
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM

I'm not so sure anymore. Blacks may be likely to punish Obama for throwing Wright under the bus and decide he isn't black enough. Or the black voting bloc could split ?

mundame
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM

That's why they HAVE to give Obama the VP slot that same day, all-in-one move.

If he gets VP, I think they can get away with it.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm not so sure anymore. Blacks may be likely to punish Obama for throwing Wright under the bus and decide he isn't black enough. Or the black voting bloc could split ?

Either way, it is looking better for Hillary, and the pending train wreck in Denver

mundame
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM

I'd give him a second look if he were vice prez for one or two terms. Then we'd know what he's made of, what he's like.

Right now, Obama is WAAAAAAAY too terra incognito. "Here there be dragons" is all that it says on the map where Obama is.

But if he's No. 2 on the Dream Team, I bet the Dems will win hands down. They MUST know that. I can't be the only person that sees that.

Hagbard Celine
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Too little too late. Had he denounced the rev twenty years ago, it would have been believable. Even ten years ago. Him doing it now is a joke. A blatant false act because he's running for President.

Wake up Hag... you're smarter than this.

I don't think this is the same as pretending you like having boiler-makers with the locals and pretending that peepaw taught you how to shoot out under the old oak tree when you just happened to live in South Pennsylvania. He's publicly denouncing his pastor of 20-odd years. That's a big move imo. I think Wright has been taking advantage of all the publicity of late and he's doing more harm to the Obama campaign than anything else and I think Obama has had enough. Nothing he said in the videos that have been circulating the Internet was WRONG per se. It's just hard to listen to. It's at the point where he starts blaming the US gov't for spreading AIDS and other such nonsense that Obama has decided to distance himself from Wright.

mundame
04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I think Wright has been taking advantage of all the publicity of late

Oh, ya THINK? Wright has just been anointed Al Sharpton No. 2, and he's lovin' it. Attention is very nourishing, and it's real clear Wright sucks up attention like a tree standing by the water.

Wright is now the Official Black Spokesman of America, so we'll be hearing a lot from him. Poor Al Sharpton ---- dethroned, just like he dethroned Jesse.

Wright is having a great time, the press is having a great time, we're having a great time -------- the only people who don't like it are Obama and his supporters, but there are getting fewer and fewer of them.

I say, Party On! http://deephousepage.com/smilies/club.gif

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh, ya THINK? Wright has just been anointed Al Sharpton No. 2, and he's lovin' it. Attention is very nourishing, and it's real clear Wright sucks up attention like a tree standing by the water.

Wright is now the Official Black Spokesman of America, so we'll be hearing a lot from him. Poor Al Sharpton ---- dethroned, just like he dethroned Jesse.

Wright is having a great time, the press is having a great time, we're having a great time -------- the only people who don't like it are Obama and his supporters, but there are getting fewer and fewer of them.

I say, Party On! http://deephousepage.com/smilies/club.gif

and Clinton Inc is shaprening up the knives and ready to launch a full scaled scortched Earth attack

It will rip the Democrat party in half, and leave the party in pieces for years

Hillary is about to do what conservative talk radio has been unable to do for the last 12 years

retiredman
04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
and Clinton Inc is shaprening up the knives and ready to launch a full scaled scortched Earth attack

It will rip the Democrat party in half, and leave the party in pieces for years

Hillary is about to do what conservative talk radio has been unable to do for the last 12 years

your favorite spot, Real Clear Politics, still shows Obama with a lead over both Clinton and McCain, btw.

Trigg
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM

The speech today is the one he SHOULD have given weeks ago. Instead of calling out his grandmother and saying Wright was like an uncle to him.

NOW he stands up and denounces him.

I actually liked his speech today, unfortunately for him it looks like he's trying to save his ass. It looks like he's pissed at Wright because he won't shut up.

After all Wright didn't say anything new, he basically repeated the same things in the video clips we've all been watching for a month now.

Why weren't these "types of views" deplorable to Obama before? Obama thought he could laugh them off. The issues and Wright won't go away, so now he's offended by the comments and views????

Sound suspicious to anyone???????

Trigg
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
your favorite spot, Real Clear Politics, still shows Obama with a lead over both Clinton and McCain, btw.

Lead, no, not really.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/106888/Gallup-Daily-Clinton-47-Obama-46.aspx

mundame
04-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Or.................she might win. Note that Fox is showing today's Gallup tracking poll has Hillary one point ahead of Obama. That's a change.

Hagbard Celine
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
The speech today is the one he SHOULD have given weeks ago. Instead of calling out his grandmother and saying Wright was like an uncle to him.

NOW he stands up and denounces him.

I actually liked his speech today, unfortunately for him it looks like he's trying to save his ass. It looks like he's pissed at Wright because he won't shut up.

After all Wright didn't say anything new, he basically repeated the same things in the video clips we've all been watching for a month now.

Why weren't these "types of views" deplorable to Obama before? Obama thought he could laugh them off. The issues and Wright won't go away, so now he's offended by the comments and views????

Sound suspicious to anyone???????

First of all, he didn't "call-out" his grandmother. He was making a point. The point is that everybody harbors a little bit of distrust for other races and that racism still exists all over the US. And second, Wright did say something new. I've never heard him blame the US gov't for spreading AIDS before. I think you want to hate Obama so you overblow everything he does. Oh, he doesn't wear a flag pin. Oh, he secretly shot a bird at his opponent. Oh, he didn't immediately rebuke his pastor of 20 years for telling the blatant truth.
I think he's handled this thing well. His speech on race was spot-on and it's only now that Wright has continued to cast a negative spotlight that he has finally had enough.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Lead, no, not really.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/106888/Gallup-Daily-Clinton-47-Obama-46.aspx

yeah. really.

oddly enough, I didn't cite gallup. I guess you missed that. Real Clear Politics is a poll of polls.... gallup being one.

Trigg
04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
First of all, he didn't "call-out" his grandmother. He was making a point. The point is that everybody harbors a little bit of distrust for other races and that racism still exists all over the US. And second, Wright did say something new. I've never heard him blame the US gov't for spreading AIDS before. I think you want to hate Obama so you overblow everything he does. Oh, he doesn't wear a flag pin. Oh, he secretly shot a bird at his opponent. Oh, he didn't immediately rebuke his pastor of 20 years for telling the blatant truth.
I think he's handled this thing well. His speech on race was spot-on and it's only now that Wright has continued to cast a negative spotlight that he has finally had enough.

If you didn't hear him blaim the gov for starting the Aids virus to get rid of blacks than you haven't been paying attention.

I've never said anything against Obama except that I don't think he has the experience to do the job. He's a Jr Senator who started running for President as soon as he was elected to the senate.

His speach on race wasn't spot-on. I would have had more respect for him if he had denouced Wright back then. Now it just looks like politics as usual.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Last poll I see on the site is Gallup with McCain up by 2 points

and Hillary up by 2 points over McCain

Not exactly a wide margin

Do you ever get tired of spinning, and trying to distort the facts - or between getting drunk on Obama Kool Aide and Scotch - is it a normal condition for you? :laugh2:

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah. really.

oddly enough, I didn't cite gallup. I guess you missed that. Real Clear Politics is a poll of polls.... gallup being one.

Why would you site something that goes against attempted spin?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Why would you site something that goes against attempted spin?

RCP is your favorite site. did you forget?

glockmail
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
RCP is your favorite site. This one's mine: http://www.nambla.org/ Damn!

glockmail
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
You really need to check out this site and read these books, maineman: http://www.menweb.org/sexabuse.html

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Ya know what Hag... this curiously NEW outrage hussein has for wright would be the SAME THING if hillary all of a sudden came out and said she JUST HEARD that bubba has been cheating on her and she's going to divorce him. It's bull shit. Hussein has been buddy, buddy with the racist preach for TWENTY YEARS. Now the preacher is creating a shit load of problems for hussein's campaign, so hussein HAS to start PRETENDING he's outraged, or he can kiss his campaign goodbye. It's as SIMPLE as THAT!

Now I know you're a liberal, and you're going to make every excuse in the world to try and explain this away, but I'm afraid it's just going to paint you in a bad light... like, how dense can you be? Don't mean to be hard on ya man, but c'mon... remember my old sig?

DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAININ'.

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 05:31 PM
RCP is your favorite site. This one's mine: http://www.nambla.org/

Damn!

.......... :lol: ......... :lmao:

Dilloduck
04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
RCP is your favorite site. did you forget?

http://radiopatriot.blogspot.com/2008/04/where-in-world-is-barbara-reynolds.html

What do ya think ? Did Hillary have a hand in this or not ?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
http://radiopatriot.blogspot.com/2008/04/where-in-world-is-barbara-reynolds.html

What do ya think ? Did Hillary have a hand in this or not ?

primary politics are rough and tumble, that is for sure. Who would have thought that the republican party candidate in 2000 would have done a push poll in South Carolina insinuating that John McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child? I guess, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

glockmail
04-29-2008, 07:07 PM
See? The other side did it too! :pee:

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM
See? The other side did it too! :pee:

He must be drinking and hearing the voices in his head again

It is not surprising considering how bad;y Obama is getting torn to pieces

retiredman
04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
He must be drinking and hearing the voices in his head again

It is not surprising considering how bad;y Obama is getting torn to pieces

again...RCP, your favorite site, which is an average of many polls, still has Obama leading both Clinton AND McCain. how do you explain that?

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
again...RCP, your favorite site, which is an average of many polls, still has Obama leading both Clinton AND McCain. how do you explain that?

Not my favorite site - or are you so drunk you still think I am someone else? :laugh2:

Hearing voices, talking to people who are not there, and now this

You are in sorry shape

retiredman
04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Not my favorite site - or are you so drunk you still think I am someone else? :laugh2:

Hearing voices, talking to people who are not there, and now this

You are in sorry shape

RSR's favorite site. Given how much he has briefed you about, I would have thought you would be equally familiar with it.

again.... why not try to keep this on an adult level between the two of us? I am perfectly willing to try.

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
again.... why not try to keep this on an adult level between the two of us? I am perfectly willing to try.

FUCK..... LMFAO!!!!!

Dilloduck
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
primary politics are rough and tumble, that is for sure. Who would have thought that the republican party candidate in 2000 would have done a push poll in South Carolina insinuating that John McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child? I guess, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Is that a yes or a no? I'll wait.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
FUCK..... LMFAO!!!!!

I would be willing to discuss things with you on an adult level, if you weren't so afraid of facing your own irrational homophobia. you run away from discussion and toss big font red swear words as a smoke screen.

are you ready to be an adult?

glockmail
04-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I would be willing to discuss things with you on an adult level, if you weren't so afraid of facing your own irrational homophobia. you run away from discussion and toss big font red swear words as a smoke screen.

are you ready to be an adult?

There it is- no changing words or out of context this time- MFM admits that he's a homosexual!

That's the first big step in a long process towards dealing with your childhood issues. I applaud you sir! :salute:

Yurt
04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
i told you guys someone is claiming the moral high ground...while being guilty of saying the most vile stuff this sight has ever seen

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
There it is- no changing words or out of context this time- MFM admits that he's a homosexual!

That's the first big step in a long process towards dealing with your childhood issues. I applaud you sir! :salute:

Maybe he should talk to Dr Phil :laugh2:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 09:53 PM
i told you guys someone is claiming the moral high ground...while being guilty of saying the most vile stuff this sight has ever seen
and you applaud those who are guilty of equally vile stuff. why am I not surprised?

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
and you applaud those who are guilty of equally vile stuff. why am I not surprised?

Here comes his pity party :rolleyes:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Here comes his pity party :rolleyes:

not at all. I ask for no pity. I HAVE asked you, as a newcomer, to try a different approach and discuss issues as adults without the baggage of past conflicts getting in the way. Are you interested in that at all?

manu1959
04-29-2008, 09:58 PM

months ago?!.....why....he purposly joined this church for political reasons 20 years ago......wright has been fighting his 60's battle for 20 years.....what dod obama suddenly change his mind about what he believes in.....

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
not at all. I ask for no pity. I HAVE asked you, as a newcomer, to try a different approach and discuss issues as adults without the baggage of past conflicts getting in the way. Are you interested in that at all?

Spare me your BS

You have wished people dead, said how some should be shot, and looked forward to piss on a persons grave

You sir, are scum

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:00 PM
months ago?!.....why....he purposly joined this church for political reasons 20 years ago......wright has been fighting his 60's battle for 20 years.....what dod obama suddenly change his mind about what he believes in.....

Declining poll numbers and focus group results may have played a part in his flip flop

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM

ho hum.

Of course your interpretation is "out of context". I am referring to the thread about gays in the military that palerider started yet refuses to debate in....because the only answers he offers are based in his own irrational homophobia and he cannot counter rational arguments.

Again...I have no "childhood issues". It is too bad that some folks on here have young sons who will not be able to say that.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:05 PM
ho hum.

Of course your interpretation is "out of context". I am referring to the thread about gays in the military that palerider started yet refuses to debate in....because the only answers he offers are based in his own irrational homophobia and he cannot counter rational arguments.

Again...I have no "childhood issues". It is too bad that some folks on here have young sons who will not be able to say that.

Libs always play the "out of context" card when busted

Talk to some pros about your childhood issues. Beating them may help you adjust to the stress of getting your ass kicked here all the time

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Spare me your BS

You have wished people dead, said how some should be shot, and looked forward to piss on a persons grave

You sir, are scum

I am asking you to debate on an adult level with me and avoid those pitfalls that escalating insults can create.
no BS. An honest attempt to avoid unnecessary antagonism.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I am asking you to debate on an adult level with me and avoid those pitfalls that escalating insults can create.

Yes, the facts about what you have said to others keeps coming back to bite you :laugh2:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Libs always play the "out of context" card when busted

Talk to some pros about your childhood issues. Beating them may help you adjust to the stress of getting your ass kicked here all the time

Please. stop the insults. I have asked you quite nicely to avoid the sort of inevitable escalation such an approach will untimately create.

You are new on here. Try to be nice to me and I will try to be nice to you. honestly.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:09 PM

i will bet you ... you can't go a week without insulting someone....

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes, the facts about what you have said to others keeps coming back to bite you :laugh2:

are you adamant in your refusal to discuss issues with me on an adult level?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
i will bet you ... you can't go a week without insulting someone....

what will you bet me? How about $100? How about $1000?

name an amount if you really want to bet.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:11 PM

Why not flush the !00 bucks down the john and save us all the trouble:laugh2:

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
are you adamant in your refusal to discuss issues with me on an adult level?

Pointing out how you have treated others does get to you

Why is that?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Pointing out how you have treated others does get to you

Why is that?

it doesn't "get to me". I am well aware of the conflicts that I have had with others on here...and I am aware that there are still others who I have not had conflicts with. I am asking you, early on, before either of us draw any blood, if you want to avoid that sort of acrimony and talk as rational adults.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Why not flush the !00 bucks down the john and save us all the trouble:laugh2:

actually, the question was posed to another board member who offered the wager. If you would like to get in on it, that would be fine.

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
it doesn't "get to me". I am well aware of the conflicts that I have had with others on here...and I am aware that there are still others who I have not had conflicts with. I am asking you, early on, before either of us draw any blood, if you want to avoid that sort of acrimony and talk as rational adults.

After makinh jokes about RSR cancer, and hoping to outlive him so you can piss on his grave - you have already drew blood

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
After makinh jokes about RSR cancer, and hoping to outlive him so you can piss on his grave - you have already drew blood

not with you. Our slate can be clean if you let it be. Why not do that? Why start out here antagonistic? I am offering an olive branch. Please accept it.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:27 PM

manu. I will take you up on your bet. is $100 too much?

Yurt
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
if you truly wanted to debate without insults, you wouldn't go around saying...lets debate like adults...as if YOU are the adult and we are mere children. i don't applaud all insults to you, so that is another lie by you. '

if you want to debate without insults, try asking in a manner that is not itself insulting. how about a better idea, try not to insult back if you really want to act like an "adult". simply debate issues...and try apologizing for some of the vile things you have said. lets be honest, your insults are extremely personal and admittedly deserve an apology. go ahead, be the "adult"...

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:39 PM
manu. I will take you up on your bet. is $100 too much?

i answered your e-mail....no money.....if you can do it you will have bragging rights that you stayed on the moral high ground....

and just to test you out.....

you are a traitor and your dad was an (edit: you next post was priceless)....which is redundant really......:poke:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
if you truly wanted to debate without insults, you wouldn't go around saying...lets debate like adults...as if YOU are the adult and we are mere children. i don't applaud all insults to you, so that is another lie by you. '

if you want to debate without insults, try asking in a manner that is not itself insulting. how about a better idea, try not to insult back if you really want to act like an "adult". simply debate issues...and try apologizing for some of the vile things you have said. lets be honest, your insults are extremely personal and admittedly deserve an apology. go ahead, be the "adult"...

ah yes... the counselor weighs in.

and all of your insults are merely "bantering" so you, oddly enough, never have anything to apologize for, because simple bantering is not bad at all.

I sincerely apologize for ever suggesting that you were a jew when only your father was a jew and not your mother. I know how denigrating you find being "jewish" and I apologize for suggesting you might carry your father's heritage forward.

I sincerely apologize for ever suggesting you were anything less than the next Clarence Darrow and that your legal mind and legal career were anything less than the stuff that law classes are taught about and movies are made of. I am sure you are a magnificent lawyer and one that my father would have wanted in his firm.

Were there any other insults of you that I need to apologize for? Please let me know...and then, by all means, please resume your playful bantering.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:52 PM

and all of your insults are merely "bantering" so you, oddly enough, never have anything to apologize for, because simple bantering is not bad at all.

I sincerely apologize for ever suggesting that you were a jew when only your father was a jew and not your mother. I know how denigrating you find being "jewish" and I apologize for suggesting you might carry your father's heritage forward.

I sincerely apologize for ever suggesting you were anything less than the next Clarence Darrow and that your legal mind and legal career were anything less than the stuff that law classes are taught about and movies are made of. I am sure you are a magnificent lawyer and one that my father would have wanted in his firm.

Were there any other insults of you that I need to apologize for? Please let me know...and then, by all means, please resume your playful bantering.

ah......insults wrapped in sugar....:laugh2:......:clap:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
ah......insults wrapped in sugar....:laugh2:......:clap:

honest apologies.

I can hardly wait for them to be replied to by more playful bantering from the counselor.

after all...playful bantering is completely different than insults.

brilliant counselors only banter.

retired naval officers apparently only insult.

I understand that now...I have apologized and I hope that we can move on to me being the subject of more delightful bantering without any further delay.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:59 PM
honest apologies.

I can hardly wait for them to be replied to by more playful bantering from the counselor.

after all...playful bantering is completely different than insults.

brilliant counselors only banter.

retired naval officers apparently only insult.

I understand that now...I have apologized and I hope that we can move on to me being the subject of more delightful bantering without any further delay.

too true......nobody likes an officer.....

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
too true......nobody likes an officer.....

oh...I know all too well...and we are such wonderful targets for playful bantering.:lol:

manu1959
04-29-2008, 11:05 PM
oh...I know all too well...and we are such wonderful targets for playful bantering.:lol:

my dad was an lt in the army and a rotc....good thing he was never in country they would have fragged his ass.....

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
It has been several pages, somebody remind me. Who is under the bus?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
my dad was an lt in the army and a rotc....good thing he was never in country they would have fragged his ass..... and then we would never have been blessed with YOUR wit and wisdom? I would have to agree with you. I am glad your dad survived!

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM

the reverend wright, I think

hjmick
04-29-2008, 11:10 PM

I forgot...and I started the damn thread!

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:11 PM
I forgot...and I started the damn thread!

I think it had something to do with Obama.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 11:12 PM

manfrommain .......

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
the reverend wright, I think

Oh, it could be Obama that is under the bus and the Rev doing the driving.

manu1959
and then we would never have been blessed with YOUR wit and wisdom? I would have to agree with you. I am glad your dad survived!

nah i was born before he would have gone.....turns out he wasn't a very good dad......so wouldn't have mattered either way.....

retiredman
manfrommain .......

no...those aren't bus wheels rolling over me...that is just playful bantering!

MtnBiker
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
manfrommain .......

Manfrommaine is under the bus, damn I'm confused. Why did a black guy run over MFM?

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
nah i was born before he would have gone.....turns out he wasn't a very good dad......so wouldn't have mattered either way.....

your mom must have been pretty sharp.

hjmick
04-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh, it could be Obama that is under the bus and the Rev doing the driving.

At the rate their relationship is deteriorating, it could quite possibly turn out that the good Reverend has indeed commandeered the the White House Express.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 11:18 PM
your mom must have been pretty sharp.

just ask her she will tell you......street smart psychiatrist.......

stephanie
04-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I heard an interesting one today..

That the Rev. Wright was sabotaging Obambam because if a black person gets into the highest office of the United States, all the race baiters would lose their cash cow cause...RACISM, Whitey keeping the black man down..

I had to stop for a second..........and think about it.

Yurt
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM

i wholeheartedly accept your bullshit sincere apologies that could only come from a man devoted to giving sermons and teaching others about God. i am so proud of you reverend for offering true bullshit heartwarming apologies. you got it wrong though on the judge, i would prefer to be likened to Cardozo, who was largely responsible for the landmark decision regarding negligence, which as you know has been the bread and butter for magnificent ambulance chasers. can't believe you screwed that up :laugh2: your father sounds like someone i would respect and revere, given he was nothing like you.

i sincerely pray i never hear your sermons soon, in person, so i can better learn what it means to honestly and forthrightly apologize in such Christlike manner.

may your glory and light never shine upon us forever and ever.

Yurt
04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
i have to say, i watched larry king tonight and he showed clips of obama, obama looked really pissed at wright. he is either a really good actor/liar, or he may actually be upset over "SOME" of his "WORDS" as obama said. that being, it is a little late and i believe obama is mad only because wright brought this all back into the spotlight after obama thought he had swept his racism under the rug. the very fact that his preacher still touts was he says, and the very fact that the current preacher has said that wright was crucified (how christian of them to belittle that) in the press and has not once renounced what wright said, only shows that the church still believes this. the church is founded on black power and black theology. obama knew this, he is only upset because he sees it is actually going to get the light of day before he becomes president.

retiredman
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
i wholeheartedly accept your bullshit sincere apologies that could only come from a man devoted to giving sermons and teaching others about God. i am so proud of you reverend for offering true bullshit heartwarming apologies. you got it wrong though on the judge, i would prefer to be likened to Cardozo, who was largely responsible for the landmark decision regarding negligence, which as you know has been the bread and butter for magnificent ambulance chasers. can't believe you screwed that up :laugh2: your father sounds like someone i would respect and revere, given he was nothing like you.

i sincerely pray i never hear your sermons soon, in person, so i can better learn what it means to honestly and forthrightly apologize in such Christlike manner.

may your glory and light never shine upon us forever and ever.

isn't it nice that we have got that all cleared up so that you can resume your playful bantering without all that baggage?

I am so glad you accepted my apologies. I actually had an interview with the interim ministry search committee last evening so there is an fairly good chance that you might be able to hear me preach if one of those ambulances makes it all the way to maine before you catch it! Oh...Darrow was never a judge, by the way, but a delightful defense attorney who cared little for negligence, but primaily justice.

and your use of white color would indicate a distinct lack of sincerity. I am sure that was unintended.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
isn't it nice that we have got that all cleared up so that you can resume your playful bantering without all that baggage?

I am so glad you accepted my apologies. I actually had an interview with the interim ministry search committee last evening so there is an fairly good chance that you might be able to hear me preach if one of those ambulances makes it all the way to maine before you catch it! Oh...Darrow was never a judge, by the way, but a delightful defense attorney who cared little for negligence, but primaily justice.

and your use of white color would indicate a distinct lack of sincerity. I am sure that was unintended.

i never said he was a judge....and i am sincere, as sincere as you

glockmail
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
not with you. Our slate can be clean if you let it be. Why not do that? Why start out here antagonistic? I am offering an olive branch. Please accept it. Just like you did we me, then beat me over the head with it, or to be more correct, my 76 year old Mum.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Just like you did we me, then beat me over the head with it, or to be more correct, my 76 year old Mum.
I would suggest that the record shows that you cast the first stone after our "truce".

glockmail
04-30-2008, 07:41 AM
and you applaud those who are guilty of equally vile stuff. why am I not surprised? If we were in a fight, and you pulled out a knife and lunged at me with it, I would be legally justified to take out my gun and kill you. You claiming that I am guilty of "vile stuff" in our verbal confrontations is like saying that I would be guilty of murder in this theoretical physical one.

You know it to be untrue, yet you say it anyway, and that makes you a liar yet again.

glockmail
04-30-2008, 07:43 AM
I would suggest that the record shows that you cast the first stone after our "truce". Again a lie. You just don't have the balls to admit that your reference to ski suits and "ouch" are not referring to your previous insults towards my young son.

How was that sticky scotch last night?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Again a lie. You just don't have the balls to admit that your reference to ski suits and "ouch" are not referring to your previous insults towards my young son.

How was that sticky scotch last night?

no lies from me. you broke the truce first. I had been cordial to you up until you did.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:54 AM
If we were in a fight, and you pulled out a knife and lunged at me with it, I would be legally justified to take out my gun and kill you. You claiming that I am guilty of "vile stuff" in our verbal confrontations is like saying that I would be guilty of murder in this theoretical physical one.

You know it to be untrue, yet you say it anyway, and that makes you a liar yet again.

again. you brought out the insults first. not me.

glockmail
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
no lies from me. you broke the truce first. I had been cordial to you up until you did.

again. you brought out the insults first. not me.

Did you feel any sensation in you ass last night while drinking the Famous Grouse?

Classact
04-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Senator Barack Obama is:
a - a man smart enough to ace his way through exclusive prep schools, ivy-league universities, and the tough-as-nails Chicago political scene.
b - a man stupid enough to sit in church for 20 years and not notice that his pastor flew to Libya with Louis Farrakhan, hated america, and viewed every situation through a prism of white oppression. Oh, and the entire church operated on the "black nationalist" value system, which explicitly notes rejection of middle-class status as being co-opted by the white power system.

If you buy a and b above, I got some lakefront land to sell ya.

The fallout continues because it shows either a) bad judgement or Obama is a liar. Simple as that.

Yet, the liberal and some independants continue to buy Senator Obama's "official position" and allow their emotions to dismiss facts you state above. I think Undercover Brother's cover has been blown for the general election unless he uses some kind of kryptonite and eats a lot of sandwiches with loads of mayonnaise.

Oh, let's stick to the issues, my position is clear, I slept through church and woke only long enough to write a book that's on the best sellers list. Chomp, wipe, chomp, wipe, darn that mayonnaise is disgusting but if you truly have hope you can eat it all up.

Governor Richardson must be very nervous about now along with all of the uncommitted super delegates. Bill and Hill are taking notes on SD's and it isn't going to be pretty when she moves into the White House.

Anyone who still thinks Senator Obama has a chance in the general election are breathing, eating, sleeping and dreaming based on emotions and if the SD's are stupid enough to follow their emotions and support Obama they'll have different emotions in the general election cycle. Payback is going to be something to see, I can see Bill's crocked finger in Richardson's face already.

How dare someone label Senator Obama a politician when he is an agent of hope!

theHawk
04-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Obama told reporters Tuesday that Wright's comments do not accurately portray the perspective of the black church.
So a Pastor doesn't represent the church he was a preaching at for 20 years? LOL.

How dumb does this shitbag liberal think we are?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
So a Pastor doesn't represent the church he was a preaching at for 20 years? LOL.

How dumb does this shitbag liberal think we are?

his comments recently have become more inflammatory and thus, less representative...and, in any case, a "congregational church" is "represented" primarily by the missions that its congregation works on, and not the person in the pulpit.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 09:34 AM
his comments recently have become more inflammatory and thus, less representative...and, in any case, a "congregational church" is "represented" primarily by the missions that its congregation works on, and not the person in the pulpit.

your completely unsubstantiated claim would be bolstered if TUCC actually denounced the pastor's statements and him for that matter, however, so far the new pastor has done nothing but blame the media for crucifying wright. and lets not forget, wright is still on payroll and has not officially retired, he may have stepped down from the pulpit, but he clearly talks as one who, not only represents TUCC, but all black churches.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 09:39 AM
your completely unsubstantiated claim would be bolstered if TUCC actually denounced the pastor's statements and him for that matter, however, so far the new pastor has done nothing but blame the media for crucifying wright. and lets not forget, wright is still on payroll and has not officially retired, he may have stepped down from the pulpit, but he clearly talks as one who, not only represents TUCC, but all black churches.

my "claim" to be a congregationalist, and therefore have an intimate understanding of the focus of congregational churches, is no more or less "substantiated" than your law degree is, counselor. If you wish to be respected as a member of the bar, grant that same respect to others.

And I think that, after his national press club performance, more and more black church members and leaders will be distancing themselves from him. Clearly, no ONE person can speak for all black churches since there are so many different denominations ministering to black congregations.

glockmail
04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
my "claim" to be a congregationalist, and therefore have an intimate understanding of the focus of congregational churches, is no more or less "substantiated" than your law degree is, counselor. If you wish to be respected as a member of the bar, grant that same respect to others.
So when you claim to be a foreskin swallower, we should aslo assume that you are well qualified.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
=manfrommaine;238670]my "claim" to be a congregationalist, and therefore have an intimate understanding of the focus of congregational churches, is no more or less "substantiated" than your law degree is, counselor. If you wish to be respected as a member of the bar, grant that same respect to others.

you're an asshole. you are calling me a liar about my law degree and saying i am not a respected member of the bar, thus my professional integrity is worthless to the entire state of california. why the hell do you feel it necessary to continue insulting my career after your alleged offer to debate as "adults."

this post proves your apology was total bullshit mfm. you can't go without insulting someone for even 24 hours. i was engaging in debate with you with no personal insults and YOU attacked me personally. if anyone deserves to be attacked for mental incompetency it is you for having the reading comprehension skills of a moron. i never challenged your congregationalist claim dumbass.

his comments recently have become more inflammatory and thus, less representative

i challenged that claim and that it is not less representative of that church and the pastor said that it is actually represented of ALL black churches.

And I think that, after his national press club performance, more and more black church members and leaders will be distancing themselves from him. Clearly, no ONE person can speak for all black churches since there are so many different denominations ministering to black congregations.

and YET not a single one has.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
you're an asshole. you are calling me a liar about my law degree and saying i am not a respected member of the bar, thus my professional integrity is worthless to the entire state of california. why the hell do you feel it necessary to continue insulting my career after your alleged offer to debate as "adults."

this post proves your apology was total bullshit mfm. you can't go without insulting someone for even 24 hours. i was engaging in debate with you with no personal insults and YOU attacked me personally. if anyone deserves to be attacked for mental incompetency it is you for having the reading comprehension skills of a moron. i never challenged your congregationalist claim dumbass.

i challenged that claim and that it is not less representative of that church and the pastor said that it is actually represented of ALL black churches.

not so. I merely point out that respect is a two way street. I believe you are a fine attorney. I said so last night in glowing terms. I merely point out that your suggestion that my recounting of the polity of the UCC is somehow unsubstantiated, is an indication that you desire a great deal of respect for your legal accomplishments and knowledge, but are apparently not willing to afford others that same level of respect.

I heard several black ministers on cable talk shows distancing themselves from Wright and pointing out, specifically, that he does not represent the "black church" because there is no such thing.

which claim of mine were you calling unsubstantiated here?

"your completely unsubstantiated claim would be bolstered if TUCC actually denounced the pastor's statements and him for that matter"

Pale Rider
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Senator Barack Obama is:
a - a man smart enough to ace his way through exclusive prep schools, ivy-league universities, and the tough-as-nails Chicago political scene.
b - a man stupid enough to sit in church for 20 years and not notice that his pastor flew to Libya with Louis Farrakhan, hated america, and viewed every situation through a prism of white oppression. Oh, and the entire church operated on the "black nationalist" value system, which explicitly notes rejection of middle-class status as being co-opted by the white power system.

If you buy a and b above, I got some lakefront land to sell ya.

The fallout continues because it shows either a) bad judgement or b) Obama is a liar. Simple as that.

How about BOTH!

retiredman
04-30-2008, 10:07 AM
How about BOTH!

I don't think that Wright hates America. I think your views of TUCC are tainted by your bigotry.

manu1959
04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't think that Wright hates America. I think your views of TUCC are tainted by your bigotry.

if you don't think wright hates america......why then do you believe...."And I think that, after his national press club performance, more and more black church members and leaders will be distancing themselves from him. Clearly, no ONE person can speak for all black churches since there are so many different denominations ministering to black congregations."

what do you think wright thinks of america then.....

retiredman
04-30-2008, 10:13 AM
if you don't think wright hates america......why then do you believe...."And I think that, after his national press club performance, more and more black church members and leaders will be distancing themselves from him. Clearly, no ONE person can speak for all black churches since there are so many different denominations ministering to black congregations."

what do you think wright thinks of america then.....

I think he is deeply disappointed in the direction America has taken. So am I.

I think that black church leaders are not a monlithic group and resent his- and the media's inferences - that they are and that he represents them.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
not so. I merely point out that respect is a two way street. I believe you are a fine attorney. I said so last night in glowing terms. I merely point out that your suggestion that my recounting of the polity of the UCC is somehow unsubstantiated, is an indication that you desire a great deal of respect for your legal accomplishments and knowledge, but are apparently not willing to afford others that same level of respect.

I heard several black ministers on cable talk shows distancing themselves from Wright and pointing out, specifically, that he does not represent the "black church" because there is no such thing.

which claim of mine were you calling unsubstantiated here?

"your completely unsubstantiated claim would be bolstered if TUCC actually denounced the pastor's statements and him for that matter"

you are a liar. your apology was anything but sincere and this is bolstered by you insulting my professional integrity just this morning. go back an re-read what i posted twice since you obviously have reading comprehension problems.

Pale Rider
04-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Clean up your flilthy cake hole son. The whole board is fed up with your insults.

"God DAMN America," "the KKK of America," "whitey created aides to kill the black man," "we swear our allegiance to Africa first,".... no, the rev doesn't hate America... he LOATHES America...

He's a nigger, and you're a whigger, and you're both filthy, traitorous trash.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I said:

you replied:

your completely unsubstantiated claim would be bolstered if TUCC actually denounced the pastor's statements and him for that matter

what "completely unsubstantiated claim", counselor, were you talking about?

And I most certainly did NOT insult your professional integrity this morning. I merely point out that your status as an attorney is one we are supposed to accept without question - and I do counselor....but my status as a congregationalist and therefore someone with knowledge of UCC polity is "completely unsubstantiated". It hardly seems fair.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Clean up your flilthy cake hole son. The whole board is fed up with your insults.

"God DAMN America," "the KKK of America," "whitey created aides to kill the black man," "we swear our allegiance to Africa first,".... no, the rev doesn't hate America... he LOATHES America...

He's a nigger, and you're a whigger, and you're both filthy, traitorous trash.

clean up your filthy cake hole son.

physician, heal thyself:laugh2:

Yurt
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
you're being asinine mfm. lets see if i can make any more simple for you:

this is dripping wet with false flattery (and you know it) and saying "you know" how denigrating i find being jewish is utter bull and insulting. i don't find it denigrating, i find it only a FALSE claim and thus a LIE by you.

your post clearly has as the first topic that his recent, more inflammatory comments are "less representative." you then add as an afterthought, "in any case" you two cents about the congretational stuff that adds nothing of value to the claim that his words are less representative of TUCC.

you then clearly insult me:

so i clearly laid out the claim i challenged already. and your trying to get us to believe your post about questioning the veracity of whether i went to lawschool and outright claiming that i am not a respected member of the bar, is not an insult is the biggest snowjob and is clearly dishonest.

I said:

you replied:

what "completely unsubstantiated claim", counselor, were you talking about?

And I most certainly did NOT insult your professional integrity this morning. I merely point out that your status as an attorney is one we are supposed to accept without question - and I do counselor....but my status as a congregationalist and therefore someone with knowledge of UCC polity is "completely unsubstantiated". It hardly seems fair.

you called me a liar on lawschool and flat out stated i was not a respected member of the bar. you are the biggest liar this board has ever seen. you try to twist your words, but they are clear as day. and you know full well i never insulted your father, but you twist my words, even after i fully explained what i meant.

DragonStryk72
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
and what is "amazing" is that obama "now" realizes it...notwithstanding in april of 2007 that wright and him talked about how wright would have to distance himself from obama's campaign because he is too controversial. obama is a lair, like some of his followers.

Right, because I mean, it's not like we've ever made excuses for anyone in our lives, only to finally have that moment, "Fucking Christ, you are an asshole!"'

It's easy for us to get pissed at Wright, we don't know him, so the first many of us ever heard of him is "God Damn America!", brought to us courtesy of YouTube. It does not take into account anything else about him. I mean, seriously, he's had an ever growing ministry over the past two decades, do you think he really started off with that kind of speech, or do you think maybe, he possibly had some sort of other qualities about him that might draw people? Possible humanitarian works, stuff like that? But no, he's only ever going to be that asshole screaming "God Damn America!", for the rest of his life, that's what he'll be held to.

Now, Obama has done everything to get clear of this asshole, and to no surprise at all, not one of you has the balls to admit that maybe, you could have made the same mistake, or admit that he's done his level best to speak against this. Instead, it's just more attacks, cause he's a liberal Democrat, instead of a conservative republican. If he were conservative and a republican, you would be just fine with him, and accept that he has no control over what his pastor decides to blurt out, just as liberal democrats would be villifying him for just the same things, and it is no less a lack of spine to do that either.

Pale Rider
04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Right, because I mean, it's not like we've ever made excuses for anyone in our lives, only to finally have that moment, "Fucking Christ, you are an asshole!"'

It's easy for us to get pissed at Wright, we don't know him, so the first many of us ever heard of him is "God Damn America!", brought to us courtesy of YouTube. It does not take into account anything else about him. I mean, seriously, he's had an ever growing ministry over the past two decades, do you think he really started off with that kind of speech, or do you think maybe, he possibly had some sort of other qualities about him that might draw people? Possible humanitarian works, stuff like that? But no, he's only ever going to be that asshole screaming "God Damn America!", for the rest of his life, that's what he'll be held to.

Now, Obama has done everything to get clear of this asshole, and to no surprise at all, not one of you has the balls to admit that maybe, you could have made the same mistake, or admit that he's done his level best to speak against this. Instead, it's just more attacks, cause he's a liberal Democrat, instead of a conservative republican. If he were conservative and a republican, you would be just fine with him, and accept that he has no control over what his pastor decides to blurt out, just as liberal democrats would be villifying him for just the same things, and it is no less a lack of spine to do that either.

You love hussein... we get it. You'll go to whatever lengths it takes to justify the racist, America hating reverend and husseins love for the man in your mind. Problem is, those of us that don't have a liberal debt tied up in this man can see past the fog that you're trying to create.

Hussein was aware of what the racist, America hating, reverend was saying YEARS and YEARS ago, but, he wasn't running for President YEARS and YEARS ago. He's running for President NOW, and that's the ONLY reason your lop eared messiah hussein is throwing his FRIEND under the bus.

Wise up.

Abbey Marie
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Let's see.....under the bus so far.

white grandma-check

pastor-check

Obambam-typical politician

:dance:

That's hysterical, Stephanie. Tried to rep you... It's getting kind of crowded under that bus. :laugh2:

Yurt
04-30-2008, 11:55 AM

20 years, his personal mentor who inspired his second book, april 2007....its all lies stryker, don't believe him

mundame
04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
20 years, his personal mentor who inspired his second book, april 2007....its all lies stryker, don't believe him

I almost (but not quite) felt sorry for Obama last night when the Fox Panel agreed in saying that Obama SHOULD have rejected Wright furiously as he did yesterday -------------------

And that they didn't believe a word of it!! After all, if he meant it, he'd have done it earlier. It's all panic, trying to come back from this publicity disaster.

And we agreed with him. Both Obama SHOULD have made that angry speech, and we didn't believe a word of it.

I think Obama is done.

I thought the fatal misstep would be the comments in San Fran against Pennsylvanians, but it may simply be Rev. Wright who brought him down.

Abbey Marie
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I almost (but not quite) felt sorry for Obama last night when the Fox Panel agreed in saying that Obama SHOULD have rejected Wright furiously as he did yesterday -------------------

And that they didn't believe a word of it!! After all, if he meant it, he'd have done it earlier. It's all panic, trying to come back from this publicity disaster.

And we agreed with him. Both Obama SHOULD have made that angry speech, and we didn't believe a word of it.

I think Obama is done.

I thought the fatal misstep would be the comments in San Fran against Pennsylvanians, but it may simply be Rev. Wright who brought him down.

It had to happen sooner or later. Did you really think the devil would renege on his pact with Hillary? :coffee:

retiredman
04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
you're being asinine mfm. lets see if i can make any more simple for you:

this is dripping wet with false flattery (and you know it) and saying "you know" how denigrating i find being jewish is utter bull and insulting. i don't find it denigrating, i find it only a FALSE claim and thus a LIE by you.

your post clearly has as the first topic that his recent, more inflammatory comments are "less representative." you then add as an afterthought, "in any case" you two cents about the congretational stuff that adds nothing of value to the claim that his words are less representative of TUCC.

you then clearly insult me:

so i clearly laid out the claim i challenged already. and your trying to get us to believe your post about questioning the veracity of whether i went to lawschool and outright claiming that i am not a respected member of the bar, is not an insult is the biggest snowjob and is clearly dishonest.

you called me a liar on lawschool and flat out stated i was not a respected member of the bar. you are the biggest liar this board has ever seen. you try to twist your words, but they are clear as day. and you know full well i never insulted your father, but you twist my words, even after i fully explained what i meant.

you really need to learn how to read a little better. The statement is a fact, not an insult:

I am a congregationalist. why? because I say so. Is it "substantiated" by anything other than my word? of course not. You are a lawyer. why? because you say so. Is that substantiated by anything other than YOUR word? of course not.

Nowhere do I say that you are NOT a respected member of the bar. I only point out that, in life, if one wishes to be respected, one needs to be willing to give respect as well.

My apologies were heartfelt and sincere. And, as you requested in your PM, I made them in public. I am trying to maintain a more cordial tone with not only you, but everyone else. You seem intent on finding slights where none exist.

I know that you don't feel that suggesting my father was not, in fact, a "true lawyer" was not an insult in any way - perhaps yet another example of playful bantering - but I thought it was somewhat disrespectful to his memory. But as I said and said again, such a statement paled in comparison to other insults about my father so I chose not to make a big deal out of it.

My initial point was that

Yurt
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
you really need to learn how to read a little better. The statement is a fact, not an insult:

I am a congregationalist. why? because I say so. Is it "substantiated" by anything other than my word? of course not. You are a lawyer. why? because you say so. Is that substantiated by anything other than YOUR word? of course not.

Nowhere do I say that you are NOT a respected member of the bar. I only point out that, in life, if one wishes to be respected, one needs to be willing to give respect as well.

My apologies were heartfelt and sincere. And, as you requested in your PM, I made them in public. I am trying to maintain a more cordial tone with not only you, but everyone else. You seem intent on finding slights where none exist.

I know that you don't feel that suggesting my father was not, in fact, a "true lawyer" was not an insult in any way - perhaps yet another example of playful bantering - but I thought it was somewhat disrespectful to his memory. But as I said and said again, such a statement paled in comparison to other insults about my father so I chose not to make a big deal out of it.

My initial point was that

you're out of control and dishonest. stating IF i want respect necessarily IMPLIES i don't have it and i NEVER questioned you being a congregationalist as i have explained 3 times, i expressly told you that i questioned TUCC distancing themselves from wright so stop twisting my words. your apology was not sincere in the slightest and no one here believes you, IMO. you are completely ignoring my explanation (which is really clear on its face but for simpletons like you i had to give an example in that thread that you have never addressed) being intellectually dishonest in claiming i questioned yoru father, WRONG, i questioned your veracity, not his, because it seems dubious that one who had a father who was a lawyer would bash and insult lawyers as you were doing with me. if you can't see the difference then you are a simpleton and the fact that you won't accept my explanation shows you only desire to keep this going, again contradicting yourself about moving on.

i have been told by many people that you are only pushing my buttons and lying about this just to get a rise out of me. i see they are right, i gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to reason this out with you and see now that any reasoning with you is a waste of time.

its really sad mfm that this has to be explained to you so many times.

theHawk
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM

His comments have become more inflammatory "recently"? Are you fucking kidding me? Remember the crowd hooting and hollering as he was saying the worst remarks? Even at the press conference they were cheering him on like fucking mindless sheep.

It really is amazing to me how much shitbags like yourself are willing to lie to YOURSELF because you have too much pride to admit that Obama is wrong, Rev. Wright is wrong, and you have been wrong all this time in defending the two of those shitbags.

He represented his flock just fine. He is a racist America-hating shitbag, and so are all those that cheer him on.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 03:57 PM
His comments have become more inflammatory "recently"? Are you fucking kidding me? Remember the crowd hooting and hollering as he was saying the worst remarks? Even at the press conference they were cheering him on like fucking mindless sheep.

It really is amazing to me how much shitbags like yourself are willing to lie to YOURSELF because you have too much pride to admit that Obama is wrong, Rev. Wright is wrong, and you have been wrong all this time in defending the two of those shitbags.

He represented his flock just fine. He is a racist America-hating shitbag, and so are all those that cheer him on.

we'll just have to agree to disagree.

glockmail
04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Pussy

retiredman
04-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Pussy

boy fucker:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 04:15 PM
where :popcorn:

Pussy

manu1959
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
boy fucker:laugh2:

whoop whoop insult alert......damn i should have taken that bet

red states rule
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
whoop whoop insult alert......damn i should have taken that bet

so much for going a week without insulting people

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM

how'd you hear about it? did your alter ego "tell" you?:laugh2:

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:19 PM

So you are now denying you said you could go a week without insulting anyone?

You did not last 24 hours :laugh2:

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:27 PM
So you are now denying you said you could go a week without insulting anyone?

You did not last 24 hours :laugh2:

I offered to go a week if manu would bet me. He didn't. now...how did you find out about it? Did your "alter ego" tell you, or were you "looking over her shoulder" (wink wink)?

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I offered to go a week if manu would bet me. He didn't. now...how did you find out about it? Did your "alter ego" tell you, or were you "looking over her shoulder" (wink wink)?

Dude, anyone who can read a thread knows about it.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM

Your offer is like your respect - meaningless

If you prove I have an alter ego I would be banned. But as usual your are blowing hot air and showing why few here take you seriously

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Your offer is like your respect - meaningless

If you prove I have an alter ego I would be banned. But as usual your are blowing hot air and showing why few here take you seriously

different IP addresses are pretty easy to come by. a cable modem and a dial up.

I am looking forward to the plot development as the fated lovers consumate their relationship in election season.

good stuff. good stuff.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
different IP addresses are pretty easy to come by. a cable modem and a dial up.

I am looking forward to the plot development as the fated lovers consumate their relationship in election season.

good stuff. good stuff.

Mods have already warned you on another thread - can you stick to the topic or do you want to derail yet another thread?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM

I suppose. the minutia soap opera does seem to captivate folks, doesn't it?

and now we have this fated romance. when will we ever have time to talk about politics?:laugh2: Ah do declare!

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Mods have already warned you on another thread - can you stick to the topic or do you want to derail yet another thread?

you and your honey are free to put me on ignore!

Yurt
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM

no kidding, mfm is an idiot, the bet was in this very thread

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM

there was no bet.
was there, "counselor"?

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Trying to keep the thread on topic. Why did Barry do a 180 on his frend and mentor?

Could it be the reults of polls showing him tanking?

Obama's Wright Turn
By Richard Baehr

When Barack Obama made his official announcement that he was running for President over 14 months ago in Springfield, Illinois, the Senator made sure that his pastor Jeremiah Wright had no speaking role and was kept away from the ceremony. Obama campaign manager David Axelrod has admitted that there were concerns back then about what Wright might say.

When Senator Obama made his speech in Philadelphia on race in America following the first round of Reverend Wright media exposure several weeks back, he admitted he had heard some of the Reverend's more controversial remarks in person in church.

"I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely -- just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed." 

But now, the Senator has really had enough of Reverend Wright. In a press conference Tuesday, Obama condemned Wright, and claimed that Wright had offended him with his latest tirade on Monday at the National Press Club.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/obamas_wright_turn.html

hjmick
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Trying to keep the thread on topic.

:lmao: Why start now? Though I do appreciate the effort.

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I suppose. the minutia soap opera does seem to captivate folks, doesn't it?

and now we have this fated romance. when will we ever have time to talk about politics?:laugh2: Ah do declare!

Actually the constant bickering between you and others here often forces me to scan other boards for something interstesting and pertinent.

Captivating? not hardly.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I think Obama did a nice job of tossing the reverend under the bus. I applaud his actions.... when juxtaposed with his great speech in Philly earlier, it will help clear the air and deflate the issue before the republicans really need it.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Actually the constant bickering between you and others here often forces me to scan other boards for something interstesting and pertinent.

Captivating? not hardly.

ah, but you can't stay away and you know all the details.

just like a soap opera.... LOL

and I would LOVE to actually debate policy on this site...but everytime I do, someone calls me a traitor and a coward or unpatriotic and off we go into another episode....

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I think Obama did a nice job of tossing the reverend under the bus. I applaud his actions.... when juxtaposed with his great speech in Philly earlier, it will help clear the air and deflate the issue before the republicans really need it.

What took him so long? Or was it because the nutty pastor attacked HIM and not America?

manu1959
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM

i think his poor judgment....lack of prompt action will be a target for quite awhile.....

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
i think his poor judgment....lack of prompt action will be a target for quite awhile.....

time will tell. America has a short attention span.

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
What took him so long? Or was it because the nutty pastor attacked HIM and not America?

he thought he had put the issue to rest in Philly. He only was compelled to speak even more firmly about wright when wright decided to go on his latest speaking tour of Moyers/NAACP/National Press Club. that provided the "opportunity" for Obama to cut the cord.

manu1959
04-30-2008, 06:52 PM
time will tell. America has a short attention span.

yes that is what people say ..... obama has show a lack of good judgement and poor judgment ..... not sure a few slick speeches, some head tilting and bush one hand gestures are going to make this issue wander off.....

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
yes that is what people say ..... obama has show a lack of good judgement and poor judgment ..... not sure a few slick speeches, some head tilting and bush one hand gestures are going to make this issue wander off.....

we'll see, won't we? I think that all the wright saturation now innoculates Obama for later.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
he thought he had put the issue to rest in Philly. He only was compelled to speak even more firmly about wright when wright decided to go on his latest speaking tour of Moyers/NAACP/National Press Club. that provided the "opportunity" for Obama to cut the cord.

You mean to puff high school level interview Moyers made?

All Obama did was show he is a flip floper who once said you could not disown his pastor then he could his racist grandma

manu1959
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
we'll see, won't we? I think that all the wright saturation now innoculates Obama for later.

we shall see ...... not sure america wants a leader that took 20 years to figure out his spiritual leader was a jerk ... but hey you dems forgive a lot of questionable behaviour .....

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
if moyers got any more kissy kissy :laugh2:, I was gonna marry them

:lol:

All Obama did was show he is a flip floper who once said you could not disown his pastor then he could his racist grandma

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:58 PM
we shall see ...... not sure america wants a leader that took 20 years to figure out his spiritual leader was a jerk ... but hey you dems forgive a lot of questionable behaviour .....

The last thing Obama supporters want to talk about is their guys poor judgement and his inner circle of America hating friends

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM

my point is: it is all happening too early for the republicans to make any use of it in the fall. Obama will have already weathered the wright storm. the public will be asking the GOP, what else ya got?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM

and you republicans excuse a lot of pedigreed mediocrity.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:01 PM
my point is: it is all happening too early for the republicans to make any use of it in the fall. Obama will have already weathered the wright storm. the public will be asking the GOP, what else ya got?

IF Barry can get by Hillary - the ads will be remind voters all about him and his racist pals

Even Dems in the lastest polls are not liking what they se in Barry

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Why do you insist on ignoring the possiblity of Hillary being the Democrat's nominee ?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:04 PM
IF Barry can get by Hillary - the ads will be remind voters all about him and his racist pals

Even Dems in the lastest polls are not liking what they se in Barry

what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Obama will be innoculated against Wright attacks when he wins the nomination. But if all your party has is a washed up old hack who even YOU, a diehard muscular conservative won't vote for, and attacks about a minister....my guess is that the Americans who have gotten sick to their stomachs with the incompetency of this republican administration and this terrible war in Iraq will make the switch.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM
what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Obama will be innoculated against Wright attacks when he wins the nomination. But if all your party has is a washed up old hack who even YOU, a diehard muscular conservative won't vote for, and attacks about a minister....my guess is that the Americans who have gotten sick to their stomachs with the incompetency of this republican administration and this terrible war in Iraq will make the switch.

The SD's have not spoken and Barry has a real chance of losing to her.

They are seeing America does not have the stomach for a racist black liberal as President

Abbey Marie
04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.flashpointcommunications.com/underthebus/images/BUS-logo.gif

Yurt
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM

there was no bet.
was there, "counselor"?

:lol: you sure knew what RSR was talking about, didn't you... i told you, you either are truly stupid, or you play stupid and are thus dishonest. "hear about what"...you knew RSR was talking about the "bet" and you know full well that i mentioned the same subject matter... oh brilliant light of this earth and fisher of men.....

its like playing mental tiddlywinks with toddlers, thanks for making me laugh today

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.flashpointcommunications.com/underthebus/images/BUS-logo.gif

Who will be next on Barry's list to be dumped over board?

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
The SD's have not spoken and Barry has a real chance of losing to her.

They are seeing America does not have the stomach for a racist black liberal as President

according to Drudge, Obama has the congressional SD's locked up.

And if Clinton DOES win.... can you imagine John McCain with Bush as an albatross around his neck, and the war around his neck, all bloodied by swiftboating former POW's going up against THAT junkyard dog? She'll rip him a new asshole.:laugh2:

Yurt
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM

is this another one of your "sincere" compliments :laugh2: i told you, we all know your "apology" was a farce, manu even commented on it

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
:lol: you sure knew what RSR was talking about, didn't you... i told you, you either are truly stupid, or you play stupid and are thus dishonest. "hear about what"...you knew RSR was talking about the "bet" and you know full well that i mentioned the same subject matter... oh brilliant light of this earth and fisher of men.....

its like playing mental tiddlywinks with toddlers, thanks for making me laugh today

oh...I knew he was talking about the non-bet between manu and me.... I was just amazed how a guy in RSR's condition could keep up with all that stuff from last night. That is why I suspected his alter ego had been involved.

But as I said, there was no bet, was there, "counselor"? manu declined. that was a wise move on his part.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
is this another one of your "sincere" compliments :laugh2: i told you, we all know your "apology" was a farce, manu even commented on it

it is an example of his "respect" toward a former POW. and this from the guy who whines how anyone questions HIS service

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM

you asked me, in a PM, to apologize publicly. I did so. I was sincere. I am sorry I ever questioned your status as an attorney. I have no reason to doubt that you are a member of the bar. I apologized for ever calling you a "jew". Those were honest statements. You asked for an apology...you got one....now quit whining about it, you little baby. :laugh2:

My reference to "muscular conservative" goes to RSR's avatar on USMB where he has a picture of an elephant flexing his muscle and the caption, "muscular conservative". It wasn't a compliment, it was merely a sign to him - an homage, if you will - that I follow his brilliant work on several sites. Clearly you don't.

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
according to Drudge, Obama has the congressional SD's locked up.

And if Clinton DOES win.... can you imagine John McCain with Bush as an albatross around his neck, and the war around his neck, all bloodied by swiftboating former POW's going up against THAT junkyard dog? She'll rip him a new asshole.:laugh2:

Hedging your bet on Obama ?

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Desperate people do desperate things

and it is desperate in Obamaville right now

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM
it is an example of his "respect" toward a former POW. and this from the guy who whines how anyone questions HIS service

the sincere compliment yurt was questioning was my reference to you as a muscular conservative.

And I have a great deal of respect for John McCain...unfortunately for him, and for your party, there are a number of former POW's who do not share my admiration for the man.

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:20 PM
sounds like that show smallville

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:21 PM

naaaaa--just your typical 'vote for anyone who isn't a Republican'.

red states rule
the sincere compliment yurt was questioning was my reference to you as a muscular conservative.

And I have a great deal of respect for John McCain...unfortunately for him, and for your party, there are a number of former POW's who do not share my admiration for the man.

You posted - But if all your party has is a washed up old hack

Another example of your "respect"?

retiredman

as I have said about a thousand fucking times - but I will say it again - Obama was not my first choice or my second or even my third in the democratic sweepstakes. Of the two remaining, I like him better....but I will be quite happy with either of our candidates as the democratic nominee.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
as I have said about a thousand fucking times - but I will say it again - Obama was not my first choice or my second or even my third in the democratic sweepstakes. Of the two remaining, I like him better....but I will be quite happy with either of our candidates as the democratic nominee.

As long they have a "D" at the end of thier name is all that matters to you, and is good enough to get your support

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:23 PM
You posted - But if all your party has is a washed up old hack

Another example of your "respect"?

I respect his service...I respect his education... I respect his sacrifice.

Do you have any respect for Hillary or Obama?

red states rule
I respect his service...I respect his education... I respect his sacrifice.

Do you have any respect for Hillary or Obama?

Your "respect" leaves alot to be desired

Dilloduck

A party of traitors is seriously going to try to use former POWS to try and sink McCain ? I can hardly wait. :laugh2:

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
A party of traitors is seriously going to try to use former POWS to try and sink McCain ? I can hardly wait. :laugh2:

It is all Dems can muster in a feeble attempt to prop up another liberal elitist

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Dilloduck

I cant believe how fucking ridiculous you are being, you probably didnt even watch the video.

You just knee jerked, like a little bitch.

You can take your neg rep and shove it up your ass

:fu:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/riirpyKOQ_A&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/riirpyKOQ_A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Barack Obama: "Jeremiah was my Pastor..." [SPOOF]

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hw549HZr7c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hw549HZr7c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
did you even watch the video before you negged me, or did you just knee jerk?

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:43 PM
did you even watch the video before you negged me, or did you just knee jerk?

I pondered my decision long and hard,weighing all the facts, prayed a lot and then just layed it on you. You really need to come to grips with the fact that your condition makes your participation here a bit iffy. Sometimes you just don't have the feel for it.

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:47 PM
im fully aware of that, but that still doesnt explain what you have against the video or if you even watched it.

I consider mad tv funny, and while some dont, i dont know how its a neg reputable offense

I pondered my decision long and hard,weighing all the facts, prayed a lot and then just layed it on you. You really need to come to grips with the fact that your condition makes your participation here a bit iffy. Sometimes you just don't have the feel for it.

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:52 PM
im fully aware of that, but that still doesnt explain what you have against the video or if you even watched it.

I consider mad tv funny, and while some dont, i dont know how its a neg reputable offense

and you probably never will. You realize, that don't you?

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I really would appreciate it, if you could answer two simple questions

#1 did you actually watch the video?

#2 what about the video, or why were you offended?

and you probably never will. You realize, that don't you?

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I really would appreciate it, if you could answer two simple questions

#1 did you actually watch the video?

#2 what about the video, or why were you offended?

never mind--sorry bout the neg rep--shoulda known better

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 07:58 PM
I apologize for over-reacting, but i didnt understand why you were upset :(--

never mind--sorry bout the neg rep--shoulda known better

actsnoblemartin
04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
I am sorry that i overreacted, my feelings were hurt.

I dont want you or anyone to feel they cant give me negative feedback.

I apologize for over reacting, please accept my apology

red states rule
05-01-2008, 05:56 AM
Back to the topic at hand

Why did Barry all of a sudden turn on Wright? What made him toss him under the bus? Why did he do something he should have done years ago?

April 30, 2008
Obama's Wright Turn
By Richard Baehr

When Barack Obama made his official announcement that he was running for President over 14 months ago in Springfield, Illinois, the Senator made sure that his pastor Jeremiah Wright had no speaking role and was kept away from the ceremony. Obama campaign manager David Axelrod has admitted that there were concerns back then about what Wright might say.

When Senator Obama made his speech in Philadelphia on race in America following the first round of Reverend Wright media exposure several weeks back, he admitted he had heard some of the Reverend's more controversial remarks in person in church.

"I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely -- just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed." 

But now, the Senator has really had enough of Reverend Wright. In a press conference Tuesday, Obama condemned Wright, and claimed that Wright had offended him with his latest tirade on Monday at the National Press Club.

Many Americans did not have to wait for Wright's talk to the National Press Club to have taken offense. In fact, there is nothing the Reverend said Monday or with Bill Moyers on PBS, or at the NAACP dinner in Detroit (to thunderous ovations) that was in any substantive way different from what he has been saying over and over again for decades (to thunderous applause among the thousands packing Trinity Church). We had already heard about the US government bringing AIDS into the black community, and how Louis Farrakhan was a great American.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/obamas_wright_turn.html

glockmail
05-01-2008, 07:41 AM
How many times has Barry flip-flopped on his position on this? I'm dizzy over it, so I can't imagine how he is!:laugh2:

red states rule
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
How many times has Barry flip-flopped on his position on this? I'm dizzy over it, so I can't imagine how he is!:laugh2:

This could be a way Barry can raise money. Get your Sen Obama flip flops now, and be the first on the beach to wear them :laugh2:

red states rule
05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
DNC TV is in full spin mode to help Obama out of the hole he has dug himself in

NBC Highlights Michelle Obama's Spin: Talking About Wright 'Doesn't Help Kids'
By Brent Baker | April 30, 2008 - 21:31 ET

The Obama campaign has chosen NBC's Today show as the venue to try to move beyond the Jeremiah Wright controversy and a preview aired on Wednesday's Nightly News, of the session to air Thursday morning, showcased Barack and Michelle Obama making their case. While Meredith Vieira apparently did ask Barack Obama why he had not denounced Wright sooner, Nightly News viewers heard Barack Obama boast in response that he had resisted doing the “politically expedient” and Michelle Obama resorting to a plea reminiscent of the Clinton era:

We got to move forward. You know, this conversation doesn't help my kids, you know. It doesn't help kids out there who are looking for us to make decisions and choices about how we're going to better fund education.

Anchor Brian Williams set up the story by relating how “Barack and Michelle Obama sat down with Meredith Vieira from Today on NBC as they try to put the drama over their former pastor behind them.” Andrea Mitchell explained Obama was “clearly trying to move past the controversy over the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, but when pressed, explaining why he didn't denounce his former pastor sooner.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/04/30/nbc-highlights-michelle-obamas-spin-talking-about-wright-doesnt-help-ki

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Back to the topic at hand

Why did Barry all of a sudden turn on Wright? What made him toss him under the bus? Why did he do something he should have done years ago?

I don't know WHY people are dancing around these questions when the answer is standing NAKED in front of them.......

...BECAUSE NOW HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

I mean good Lord... you can only ignore the obvious for so long, and then you just start to look freagin' STUPID!

But just wait... this isn't the real fire works... wait until the DNC TELLS hitlery to get her fat ass out of the race.... you don't TELL a CLINTON to LOSE... it's going to be a real show... :laugh:

red states rule
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't know WHY people are dancing around these questions when the answer is standing NAKED in front of them.......

...BECAUSE NOW HE'S RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

I mean good Lord... you can only ignore the obvious for so long, and then you just start to look freagin' STUPID!

But just wait... this isn't the real fire works... wait until the DNC TELLS hitlery to get her fat ass out of the race.... you don't TELL a CLINTON to LOSE... it's going to be a real show... :laugh:

There is still the issue of the FL and MI delegates Pale. I can't see them not counting

If they do count Hillary is ahead in the popular vote

I thnak the ems for the fucked up system they have - it is ripping the party apart, and keeping Hillary alive in the race

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
There is still the issue of the FL and MI delegates Pale. I can't see them not counting

I thnak the ems for the fucked up system they have - it is ripping the party apart, and keeping Hillary alive in the race

Well... the way I hear them talking today on the news about hussein, he's already got the nomination... especially msnbc. They had their massive pic of him gazing into heaven looking all messianic.... what a load of crap.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Well... the way I hear them talking today on the news about hussein, he's already got the nomination... especially msnbc. They had their massive pic of him gazing into heaven looking all messianic.... what a load of crap.

Not so fast Pale, the FL delegates are taking on the DNC. They are saying they will shut down the Dem convention before it starts

We all know how "peaceful" libs are when they do not get their way :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Not so fast Pale, the FL delegates are taking on the DNC. They are saying they will shut down the Dem convention before it starts

We all know how "peaceful" libs are when they do not get their way :laugh2:

I'll tell ya rsr... watching the dems melt down is almost better than sex... :lmao:

red states rule
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I'll tell ya rsr... watching the dems melt down is almost better than sex... :lmao:

I have to disagree with you on that one

But the meltdown does come in second :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I have to disagree with you on that one

Semi liberal girl is so much better then watching the Dems meltdown

But the meltdown does come in second :laugh2:

Semi liberal girl sounds like a dem of old... back in the days when they were basically good people, and not bat shit crazy like today.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Semi liberal girl sounds like a dem of old... back in the days when they were basically good people, and not bat shit crazy like today.

She has a few liberal beliefs, but she is an angel. She is not a moonbat, however

But the Dem meltdown is geting better Pale

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=14002

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:16 PM

the FL delegates are taking on the DNC. They are saying they will shut down the Dem convention before it starts

Is this fun, or what? http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif http://www.viverge.fr/smileys/Dancing-Chilli.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif

red states rule
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Is this fun, or what? http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif http://www.viverge.fr/smileys/Dancing-Chilli.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif

Both Hillary and Obama are beat up and are damaged goods

Both will lose in November, and I will love watching Dems walk through life for another 4 years in a despressed state

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Both Hillary and Obama are beat up and are damaged goods

Both will lose in November, and I will love watching Dems walk through life for another 4 years in a despressed state

I don't think so. It's too obvious, isn't it? While you were gone briefly some of decided it's either implosion and defeat or a Hillary/Obama "dream ticket" and the Dems MUST be able to figure that out as well as we can. I thought that was a good, rational conclusion.

So I'm assuming they'll go with the Dream Team. It may take a few more weeks to convince the antagonists. A good whopping loss in Indiana for Obama would do that, I think ------ persuade Obama that No. 2 is good enough, and he's lucky to get that.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't think so. It's too obvious, isn't it? While you were gone briefly some of decided it's either implosion and defeat or a Hillary/Obama "dream ticket" and the Dems MUST be able to figure that out as well as we can. I thought that was a good, rational conclusion.

So I'm assuming they'll go with the Dream Team. It may take a few more weeks to convince the antagonists. A good whopping loss in Indiana for Obama would do that, I think ------ persuade Obama that No. 2 is good enough, and he's lucky to get that.

So instead of putting up one liberal elitist , you want 2?

The "dream ticket" will have the same success as the Kerry/Edweards ticket

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:31 PM
So instead of putting up one liberal elitist , you want 2?

Not me; I want a Ronald Reagan.

Whoops, look like they broke that mold.

The "dream ticket" will have the same success as the Kerry/Edweards ticket

I think it will win..........because McCain is such an idiot about the war. And that's the big issue.

Unless the economy becomes the big issue, and then people will blame him for being a Republican like Bush. I know it's not fair, but they will.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Not me; I want a Ronald Reagan.

Whoops, look like they broke that mold.

I think it will win..........because McCain is such an idiot about the war. And that's the big issue.

Unless the economy becomes the big issue, and then people will blame him for being a Republican like Bush. I know it's not fair, but they will.

Oh please, I want the Dems to continue to show they are the party of surrender and appeasement

The Dow is close to 13,000 again. Yea, the economy is tanking :laugh2:

Gaffer
05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I think the wright thing is a ploy on the part of hussein. He is continuing to speak his hatred and bullshit and hussein will now condemn him for it just to appear like he doesn't agree with wright. Keeps the majority of black voters with him and picks up the foolish white voters like mfm. That strengthens him enough so that when he becomes hitlerys vp they can sweep the racist shit under the bus.

During the DNC convention in 04 when hussein was the keynote speaker, a guy no one had ever heard of except in Chicago, I said this guy is going to be hitlery's vp in the 08 election. Now it has to happen in order for the dems to hold together. When the dems confirm it in August I'm opening my fortune telling business.

mundame
05-01-2008, 09:51 PM
During the DNC convention in 04 when hussein was the keynote speaker, a guy no one had ever heard of except in Chicago, I said this guy is going to be hitlery's vp in the 08 election. Now it has to happen in order for the dems to hold together. When the dems confirm it in August I'm opening my fortune telling business.

Lord, I should think so. http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/4.gif

If he really does get VP, you get full points.

red states rule
05-02-2008, 05:59 AM
I think the wright thing is a ploy on the part of hussein. He is continuing to speak his hatred and bullshit and hussein will now condemn him for it just to appear like he doesn't agree with wright. Keeps the majority of black voters with him and picks up the foolish white voters like mfm. That strengthens him enough so that when he becomes hitlerys vp they can sweep the racist shit under the bus.

The black vote is splitting - much like the Dem part as a whole

Renewed Wright Imbroglio Exposes Fissures Among Black Voters
By Jonathan Tilove

WASHINGTON -- Barack Obama's presidential campaign, until now, has benefited from a strong undercurrent of black nationalism among African-American voters, a racial pride and solidarity that have swelled support and muffled criticism.

But his repudiation this week of his longtime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., may unleash a more open debate in the black community, where even some who back Obama worry that he is vague or evasive in his approach to race matters.

"In some ways it's a cathartic moment for African-Americans whose voices had been silenced," said Andra Gillespie, a political scientist at Emory University.

There is no reason to think Obama won't continue to roll up huge margins among blacks in the remaining Democratic primary contests -- beginning with Tuesday's primaries in North Carolina and Indiana. And most attention to the renewed Wright imbroglio will focus on its impact among whites. But this time, the controversy plainly exposes fissures that the black community had papered over with the common purpose of Obama's historic candidacy.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/renewed_wright_imbroglio_expos.html

Yurt
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
i have yet to see the answer to this:

what was so different about wright's recent remarks as compared to the previous remarks that obama only had a mild problem with? obama did not get upset at him then, why now, when all wright did was basically repeat what many cult followers of obama said were "soundbites."

i think obama is only upset at wright because wright called him out on his political speak. obama is liar, the evidence is clear for anyone not wearing obama cult glasses.

mundame
05-02-2008, 03:41 PM

what was so different about wright's recent remarks as compared to the previous remarks that obama only had a mild problem with?

All the commentators are writing this. I think everyone has picked it up.

They were the same remarks, of course. He was hoping to finesse the scandal, but it blew up too big.

Yurt
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
All the commentators are writing this. I think everyone has picked it up.

They were the same remarks, of course. He was hoping to finesse the scandal, but it blew up too big.

oh, didn't realize that, thanks.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 04:47 AM

what was so different about wright's recent remarks as compared to the previous remarks that obama only had a mild problem with? obama did not get upset at him then, why now, when all wright did was basically repeat what many cult followers of obama said were "soundbites."

i think obama is only upset at wright because wright called him out on his political speak. obama is liar, the evidence is clear for anyone not wearing obama cult glasses.

The big difference is, Wright went after Obama in his latest rant

I do hope Wirght keeps giving speeches on his Reinvention tour. But I suspect the Obama people are telling him to shut up, and crawl back in his new mansion in the gated white community

If Wright will listen to them is another story

Yurt
05-03-2008, 08:35 AM
The big difference is, Wright went after Obama in his latest rant

I do hope Wirght keeps giving speeches on his Reinvention tour. But I suspect the Obama people are telling him to shut up, and crawl back in his new mansion in the gated white community

If Wright will listen to them is another story

:lol: guess america did not harm him quite that bad...

red states rule
05-03-2008, 08:41 AM
:lol: guess america did not harm him quite that bad...

and meanwhile Wright bellowes to his flock not to work with whites, and not to live like them

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
and meanwhile Wright bellowes to his flock not to work with whites, and not to live like them While he does :laugh2:

red states rule
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
While he does :laugh2:

Of course he does. Can you name any liberals that walks the walk?

They tell us how to live our lives while they do the exact opposite

red states rule
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
It keeps getting better with the Obama supporters folks

Spike Lee Thinks Someone's Paying Wright to Bash Obama
By Noel Sheppard | May 3, 2008 - 19:35 ET

What is it about Hollywoodans that makes so many of them believe that any time political leaders they revere get caught in a scandal, it's because of some vast conspiracy?

While you ponder, consider how just days after "View" co-host Joy Behar suggested that Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama's pastor "might be being paid by the Republicans," film director Spike Lee said, "It looks like [Rev. Jeremiah Wright's] being paid to keep talking."

I kid you not.

As reported by Britain's Guardian Thursday

"Jeremiah Wight needs to be quiet," Lee said yesterday. "If he loves Obama he needs to shut up right now. It makes me question his motives for talking. I'm starting to wonder whether somebody has been contributing to the building funds of his church. Seriously."

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/03/spike-lee-thinks-someones-paying-wright-bash-obama

mundame
05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
While you ponder, consider how just days after "View" co-host Joy Behar suggested that Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama's pastor "might be being paid by the Republicans," film director Spike Lee said, "It looks like [Rev. Jeremiah Wright's] being paid to keep talking."

I kid you not.

"Jeremiah Wight needs to be quiet," Lee said yesterday. "If he loves Obama he needs to shut up right now. It makes me question his motives for talking. I'm starting to wonder whether somebody has been contributing to the building funds of his church. Seriously."

Interesting. I don't entirely disregard that rather creative idea.

And in one sense, it's SURE to be correct --------- Wright has a book coming out later this year, so the more public controversy he can stir up, the better his book sales will be. It all means money to him, indeed.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Interesting. I don't entirely disregard that rather creative idea.

And in one sense, it's SURE to be correct --------- Wright has a book coming out later this year, so the more public controversy he can stir up, the better his book sales will be. It all means money to him, indeed.

Wright is the best thing that could have happened to Hillary

and Hillary is the best thing that can happen to Republicans

mundame
05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
and Hillary is the best thing that can happen to Republicans

No, I don't agree. I think if it's Hillary, the Dems will win. If it's Obama, the Dems have thrown away the election to McCain, and we'll get war forever.

Hillary is closer to the middle than Obama, and she doesn't have all these dubious racial problems he has.

So people will vote for her who will not vote for Obama --------- me, for instance.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
No, I don't agree. I think if it's Hillary, the Dems will win. If it's Obama, the Dems have thrown away the election to McCain, and we'll get war forever.

Hillary is closer to the middle than Obama, and she doesn't have all these dubious racial problems he has.

So people will vote for her who will not vote for Obama --------- me, for instance.

Hillary is a left wing socialist, as well as a serial liar

Her negs are still around 50%

and Hilary will turn out more Republicans to vote against her, then McCain can turn out to vote for him

Then libs can rant how Amercia is a sexist country after she loses

glockmail
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
It keeps getting better with the Obama supporters folks

Spike Lee Thinks Someone's Paying Wright to Bash Obama
By Noel Sheppard | May 3, 2008 - 19:35 ET

What is it about Hollywoodans that makes so many of them believe that any time political leaders they revere get caught in a scandal, it's because of some vast conspiracy?

I kid you not.

Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/03/spike-lee-thinks-someones-paying-wright-bash-obama

Spike Lee's another racist like Obama. They both agree with Wright but are smart enough to realize that they need to publically distance from him.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Spike Lee's another racist like Obama. They both agree with Wright but are smart enough to realize that they need to publically distance from him.

The problem is the voters do see they are running away from Wright strictly for political reasons

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Hillary is a left wing socialist

Maybe, but her husband was pretty centrist. I think Obama is a LOT further left than Hillary. Mind you, I'd rather vote for any good, honest, decent Republican that doesn't want war forever and ever amen!!

But there aren't any.

Her negs are still around 50%

Here's what I expect to happen, for whatever little that's worth.

(Very little: I'm a bad predictor, at least of the future.)

Right now McCain is running very even with this Dem pair. But as soon as they actually settle on a ticket, if they ever do, I expect McCain to take a big polls hit, as the people refocus on the interesting fact that this stupid man wants war forever, and most of America doesn't. Then they'll elect Hillary by several points -- maybe as many as 6 points -- and that's that.

Now if it's Obama heading the Dem ticket, I think he'll lose to McCain.

Then libs can rant how Amercia is a sexist country after she loses

I don't think so.........................this race is about a lot of things, but amazingly, it's not as much about gender. Obama has made ol' Hillary look positively conservative by comparison with him. She's The Man, The Suit, Establishment, compared with him.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
What are you smoking this morning? Bill was a liberal and still is a liberal

People no longer like the Clintons. In the Dem primaries, the moonbats vote for them no matter what

But in a general election, a liberal can't win

Hillary supporters wil play the sexist card, just as the Obama people play the race card