PDA

View Full Version : McCain Moves To Middle On Health Care

Pale Rider
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Here he goes... pandering to the liberals... sticking it to his party... being a maverick... but yet he wants to "pull the conservatives together"... ya know what... fuck off juan.

McCain Moves To Middle On Health Care

Mike Allen, Jonathan Martin
Tue Apr 29, 7:35 AM ET

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is proposing a greater federal commitment to people without health insurance on Tuesday, suggesting that it help funds states to set up non-profit risk pools to help Americans who are denied coverage or can't afford it.

McCain's health-policy experts provided a ballpark estimate of $7 billion a year for the new federal commitment.

"Cooperation among states in the purchase of insurance would … be a crucial step in ridding the market of both needless and costly regulations, and the dominance in the market of only a few insurance companies," McCain says in remarks prepared for delivery Tuesday morning in Tampa, Fla.

McCain is announcing his "Guaranteed Access Plan" on the second day of a "Call To Action" health-care tour that will later take him to Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, and Colorado.

Until now, McCain has emphasized such conventional conservative measures as tax deductions and malpractice reform. His new stance moves him closer to where former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was during the primary, an approach McCain had criticized.

Article continues here... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080429/pl_politico/9940)

manu1959
04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
esentially he is allowing people to wrtie off their health care.....

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Here he goes... pandering to the liberals... sticking it to his party... being a maverick... but yet he wants to "pull the conservatives together"... ya know what... fuck off juan.

McCain Moves To Middle On Health Care

Tue Apr 29, 7:35 AM ET

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is proposing a greater federal commitment to people without health insurance on Tuesday, suggesting that it help funds states to set up non-profit risk pools to help Americans who are denied coverage or can't afford it.

McCain's health-policy experts provided a ballpark estimate of $7 billion a year for the new federal commitment.

"Cooperation among states in the purchase of insurance would … be a crucial step in ridding the market of both needless and costly regulations, and the dominance in the market of only a few insurance companies," McCain says in remarks prepared for delivery Tuesday morning in Tampa, Fla.

McCain is announcing his "Guaranteed Access Plan" on the second day of a "Call To Action" health-care tour that will later take him to Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, and Colorado.

Until now, McCain has emphasized such conventional conservative measures as tax deductions and malpractice reform. His new stance moves him closer to where former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney was during the primary, an approach McCain had criticized.

Article continues here... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080429/pl_politico/9940)

McCain should have a "Call To Action" healthcare tour - he is making millions of consevatives sick

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
McCain should have a "Call To Action" healthcare tour - he is making millions of consevatives sick

actually his plan is a pretty good one.....he lets you write off the costs on your taxes and will be creating a pool to purchase healthcare from.....not too different than a company bought progam at work....

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
actually his plan is a pretty good one.....he lets you write off the costs on your taxes and will be creating a pool to purchase healthcare from.....not too different than a company bought progam at work....

It is only natural to distrust McLiberal, He has earned his reputation

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:04 PM
It is only natural to distrust McLiberal, He has earned his reputation

so there are politicians you trust......in any event i like mccain.....he is a cranky mean olde fuck that does as he likes and all you all can kiss his ass.....

kinda like me.....:laugh2:

semi liberal girl
04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
so there are politicians you trust......in any event i like mccain.....he is a cranky mean olde fuck that does as he likes and all you all can kiss his ass.....

kinda like me.....:laugh2:

I can't see you sucking up to Ted Kennedy like McLiberal :laugh2:

retiredman
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM

do you find John McCain TOO liberal for a semi-liberal democratic girl?

I can understand how McCain might be too liberal for a muscular conservative like RSR, but a semi liberal democrat like yourself should be able to find common ground with a moderate republican like McCain!

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM

making people belive you like them to get what you want and actually liking them are two different things......remember it is not who you know but how you use those you know.....

Dilloduck
04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
making people belive you like them to get what you want and actually liking them are two different things......remember it is not who you know but how you use those you know.....

If I thought I had a clue what he was really using people for I might consider him----so far he just seems to use people like Rev. Wright--to get somewhere.

manu1959
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
If I thought I had a clue what he was really using people for I might consider him----so far he just seems to use people like Rev. Wright--to get somewhere.

i agree obama hasn't a clue how to play this game yet.....mccain on the other hand is quite good at it.....

semi liberal girl
04-30-2008, 01:50 AM

Very valid point - look at MFM :lol:

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:36 AM
SLG: I really am curious about your views, as a democrat, regarding John McCain. It would seem to me that your definition of "semi liberal" is really sort of equivalent to "muscular conservative" What democratic candidate in the early large group of candidates did you support?

do you find John McCain TOO liberal for a semi-liberal democratic girl?

I can understand how McCain might be too liberal for a muscular conservative like RSR, but a semi liberal democrat like yourself should be able to find common ground with a moderate republican like McCain!

theHawk
04-30-2008, 08:09 AM
In McCain's remarks, he continues to emphasize a free-market approach to health care, saying that "cooperation among states in the purchase of insurance would also be a crucial step in ridding the market of both needless and costly regulations, and the dominance in the market of only a few insurance companies."

"There are those who are convinced that the solution is to move closer to a nationalized health care system," he says. "They urge universal coverage, with all the tax increases, new mandates, and government regulation that come along with that idea. But in the end this will accomplish one thing only. We will replace the inefficiency, irrationality, and uncontrolled costs of the current system with the inefficiency, irrationality, and uncontrolled costs of a government monopoly. … The key to real reform is to restore control over our health-care system to the patients themselves."

I have to say I completely agree with this. The Federal takeover of healthcare that Obama and Hillary want are completely unconstitutional. McCain's plan is about allowing the different health care providers more easily work across state lines.

PostmodernProphet
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Tue Apr 29, 7:35 AM ET[/B]

seems to be quite similar to the second injury fund most states have as part of their worker's compensation injury funds.....spreads the cost of the most expensive ten percent of care obligations evenly among insurance providers, eliminating the incentive to ditch insureds who actually need insurance the most.....

glockmail
04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
That's the way I read it, plus it would be implemented by the States, no? That's not too different than a "risk pool" as is now provided by many states for auto insurance.
That, together with HSAs that were implemented by the Bush Administration are all anyone should reasonable ask for from their government. Otherwise health care becomes just another entitlement with no individual incentive to reduce costs, and no incentive for the affected industry to compete for business.