PDA

View Full Version : AB2062: California Assembly has lost it's mind

hjmick
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
I am counting the days until I leave this state. There is nothing quite like punishing law abiding citizens and charging them for the privilige.

The California Assembly is considering a bill this session that, if passed, will have serious repercusions for California's law-abiding gun owners.

This bill, AB2062, scheduled to be heard on Wednesday, May 7 would require that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to buy handgun ammunition and would impose severe restrictions on the private transfers of handgun ammunition. Applicants for a "permit-to-purchase" would be required to submit to a background check, pay a $35 fee, and wait as long as 30 days to receive the permit.

Under AB2062, it would be unlawful to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a "handgun ammunition vendor" in the Department of Justice's database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. Vendors would be required to contact the purchase permit database to verify the validity of a permit before completing a sale. All ammunition sales in the State of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines.

Don't ever try to tell me that Democrats/liberals don't want to take our guns.

82Marine89
04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
And the governator will probably sign it.

Mr. P
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Time to grow yer own..

gabosaurus
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
This is a test legislation. If it is successful, California lawmakers plan to introduce a similar bill (or series of) into the House and Senate. But they are going to wait until Dems take control of the White House and both Houses of Congress.

Like I said in the other thread, you can keep your guns. You can own all the weapons you want. No one is coming for your guns.
Ammunition is an entirely different story. :cool:

Yurt
04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
This is a test legislation. If it is successful, California lawmakers plan to introduce a similar bill (or series of) into the House and Senate. But they are going to wait until Dems take control of the White House and both Houses of Congress.

Like I said in the other thread, you can keep your guns. You can own all the weapons you want. No one is coming for your guns.

the right is to "arms", what is a gun when you take away the ammunition? you "arm" a gun by having ammunition in it, so this is a backdoor attempt at taking guns...

Mr. P
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM

BS! Ammunition is made for guns, it's a back door move to take your gun by making it useless. Which will never happen..my grow yer own comment was about home reloading.

Little-Acorn
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
We in California get silly legislation like this bill all the time. It gives the fanatics something to feel good about for ten minutes, that being the typical attention span of such people. Then they are routinely voted down or vetoed and disposed of. It's nothing to merit concern.

Only funny part is, I strongly suspect at at least some of the fanatics actually believe such a bill wouldn't violate the 2nd amendment.

That's California for you...... :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
We'll get you and your little dogs, too! :laugh2:

manu1959
04-29-2008, 11:42 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhh.how will they know i gave my budy ammo.......

gabosaurus
04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
No one will be coming for your guns. You will still have your right to bare arms.
(Well, until the Muslims take over. Then you will have to cover your arms up).

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM
No one will be coming for your guns. You will still have your right to bare arms.
(Well, until the Muslims take over. Then you will have to cover your arms up).

Yeah, and after a vasectomy men STILL have a penis it just doesn't work as designed. NO SALE!

gabosaurus
04-30-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't see what the argument is. You can still play with your guns all you want. You just have to work harder to get the ammo.

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't see what the argument is. You can still play with your guns all you want. You just have to work harder to get the ammo.
For what legitimate purpose?

hjmick
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Not really. Las Vegas is just a hop, skip, and jump away. If it's good enough for the bad guys, it's good enough for the good guys.

Yurt
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhh.how will they know i gave my budy ammo.......

in CA, big sisters are watching....

gabosaurus
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
You will have to find the ammo speakeasys that are sure to pop up all over the country. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I'll tell ya what the problem is, aside from the fact that kullyfornia is full of bat shit crazy liberals, is that you don't have any gun hunting sport that pays any of the states bills. If they did, and it brought in significant revenue, the bat shit libs who are also money hungry wouldn't be so all fired excited about every attack on the second amendment that came down the pike.

What you people in kullyfornia are going to have to do is called "civil war." Take your fucking state back by force.

Gaffer
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I left california in 1973 and never looked backed.