PDA

View Full Version : Residents vent over flier drop at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival

stephanie
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
when it rains........it pours with vote for the Obambam:laugh2:

Spam from the sky litters Indio lawns
Marcel Honoré Angela Franzer and Xochitl Peña, The Desert Sun • April 29, 2008

Read Comments(12)Recommend (5)Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?

A stream of tiny fliers endorsing presidential candidate Barack Obama was released from a plane flying over the Empire Polo Field during Roger Waters' Coachella-ending set late Sunday evening, Indio officials said.

But the plane missed its target. Instead, fliers drifted over a two-mile radius area northwest of the field, according to Indio Police Department spokesman Ben Guitron.

Some 18 neighborhoods plus various businesses were showered with the pro-Obama leaflets, he said.

"I don't think they calculated the wind currents," Guitron said of the plane's pilots. "You can't believe the phone calls I've received on this, it's unreal." Police and city officials received 100 phone calls Monday, he added.

Indio City Manager Glenn Southard said Waters had asked if he could shower the confetti-like fliers - and was told no by the city staff, police and concert promoters.

"He did it anyway. We are not happy about it and apologize," Southard wrote in an e-mail to The Desert Sun. Coachella promoter "Goldenvoice will provide cleanup to anyone requesting it," he stated.

Representatives of Roger Waters could not be reached for comment Monday. Goldenvoice did not provide a statement by press time.

"They're all over the place. It's littering. I've got all my homeowners calling me and complaining," said Bill Hays, onsite manager at the Desert Shores RV resort.

"If I was going to vote for Obama, I wouldn't this morning if this is how he runs his campaign," Hays added.

read the rest and comments.
http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080429/NEWS01/804290320

gabosaurus
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
The giant flying Pink Floyd era pig disappeared as well. You should read about what it has on it. :lmao: