PDA

View Full Version : Poll finds Wright impact

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Looks like Barry is taking a hit in the polls over Mr Wright, his rants, and the stories Barry is telling the voters

People are indeed taking a second, and even a third look at Obama, and they do like what they see

Caring about Wright

Fox has a poll on Obama and Wright, and finds some impact:

On the surface, a majority of Americans (52 percent) says they care very little or not at all about the relationship between Obama and Wright, and four in 10 say that relationship would have no impact on their vote; however, a look below the surface shows how much this issue is influencing the presidential race.

Those disinclined to vote for the Illinois senator based on his ties to Wright (44 percent) outweigh those who would be inclined to vote for him (12 percent) by a wide margin. While the margin is somewhat closer among Democrats (36 percent disinclined; 16 inclined), the toll on Obama is still quite severe.

And, despite that the bulk of independent voters (49 percent) says the issue would make no difference to their vote, the lessened likelihood to vote for Obama outpaces greater likelihood by a nearly 8-to-1 margin (39 percent to 5 percent).
Related

African-American voters are closely divided on this question. A slim plurality (21 percent) says the controversy would make them more inclined to vote for Obama, while nearly as many (18 percent) say they’d be less likely.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0408/Caring_about_Wright.html

and

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353461,00.html

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
this will be a long dead horse by the time the republicans need to start riding it in the fall. y'all would have been better served if you had kept the lid on the Jeremiah story until after the convention.... but, you came too quick. not exactly a surprise. oops.:laugh2:

Dilloduck
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
this will be a long dead horse by the time the republicans need to start riding it in the fall. y'all would have been better served if you had kept the lid on the Jeremiah story until after the convention.... but, you came too quick. not exactly a surprise. oops.:laugh2:

When Hillary wins the nomination there will be no point in riding that horse.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:36 PM

You should tell Wright to keep his mouth shut. He is the gift that keeps on giving

Now that Barry is the one being atacked by his spiritual mentor

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:42 PM
You should tell Wright to keep his mouth shut. He is the gift that keeps on giving

Now that Barry is the one being atacked by his spiritual mentor

it doesn't really matter. the more it goes on in April-May, the less mileage anyone will be able to get out of it in the fall. America will be sick of hearing about Wright and Obama will just move away from it as America gets saturated and bored by it.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
it doesn't really matter. the more it goes on in April-May, the less mileage anyone will be able to get out of it in the fall. America will be sick of hearing about Wright and Obama will just move away from it as America gets saturated and bored by it.

Not with the great ads the GOP can make joining Wright and Barry at the hip

Along with Resko and Bill Ayers

retiredman
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Not with the great ads the GOP can make joining Wright and Barry at the hip

Along with Resko and Bill Ayers

it'll be old news by then. IMHO.

In the fall, we'll have the "swiftboating" of John McCain by Vietnam POW's for Truth that will captivate america like a bright and shiny object.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
it'll be old news by then. IMHO.

In the fall, we'll have the "swiftboating" of John McCain by Vietnam POW's for Truth that will captivate america like a bright and shiny object.

So you want to have the voters see the Dems trashing a former POW while going with a racist America hating liberal?

Please go with that election plan MFM - it will make the GOP's job much easier in November

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:01 PM
So you want to have the voters see the Dems trashing a former POW while going with a racist America hating liberal?

Please go with that election plan MFM - it will make the GOP's job much easier in November

I don't think it will be democrats who trash McCain...I think it will be former POW's... and my guess is, it will be effective.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't think it will be democrats who trash McCain...I think it will be former POW's... and my guess is, it will be effective.

It wil be Dems backed with Soros money. You dismissed how big a win Hillary would have in PA

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM
It wil be Dems backed with Soros money. You dismissed how big a win Hillary would have in PA

it was less than 10 points. that was what I predicted. she needed it to be more than 10 points and it was under it.

and Obama will disavow any swiftboating of McCain just like Bush disavowed the swiftboating of Kerry. The party will have nothing to do with it.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
it was less than 10 points. that was what I predicted. she needed it to be more than 10 points and it was under it.

and Obama will disavow any swiftboating of McCain just like Bush disavowed the swiftboating of Kerry. The party will have nothing to do with it.

Keep trying to put lipstick on a pig MFM. Your boy lost by what 200,000 votes, and you consider it a win

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Keep trying to put lipstick on a pig MFM. Your boy lost by what 200,000 votes, and you consider it a win

Obama lost by less than ten points. YOu can go back and read my posts from before the PA primary. I said I thought she needed to win PA by more than 10 to be able to stop him. She didn't. And I don't think she can stop him...but if she does, good for her. She is one mean ass bitch who will chew up McCain if the party nominates her.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Obama lost by less than ten points. YOu can go back and read my posts from before the PA primary. I said I thought she needed to win PA by more than 10 to be able to stop him. She didn't. And I don't think she can stop him...but if she does, good for her. She is one mean ass bitch who will chew up McCain if the party nominates her.

Both have have high negs, and McCAin has closed their once double digit leads

Barry is on the ropes and is even losing his lead in NC

Keep trying to dismiss and downplay his PA loss - he could not buy a win in another "big" state

retiredman
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Both have have high negs, and McCAin has closed their once double digit leads

Barry is on the ropes and is even losing his lead in NC

Keep trying to dismiss and downplay his PA loss - he could not buy a win in another "big" state

Do you understand that I don't really care which one gets the nomination? I will work my ass off to make sure that either one of them whips McCain in Maine. I really doubt I'll have to work very hard.

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Do you understand that I don't really care which one gets the nomination? I will work my ass off to make sure that either one of them whips McCain in Maine. I really doubt I'll have to work very hard.

It is clear to all of us, if the person is a Dem you will support them

What they stand for, what they believe in, who their frineds are, and what they say are meaningless to you

red states rule
04-30-2008, 07:41 PM
When Hillary wins the nomination there will be no point in riding that horse.

Obama needs more help from the anti white leftists black religious people. I hope they too speak out.

That should help.