PDA

View Full Version : Disenfranchised Florida Voters To Confront DNC Leaders

red states rule
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
The plot thickens folks. Now the FL delegates are going to confront party leaders, and are going to demand they be seated

If they get their way, it will help Hillary

Denver is going to be a fun place in Aug

Disenfranchised Florida Voters To Confront DNC Leaders

Buoyed by the results in Pennsylvania, bus loads of Floridians -- mostly backers of Sen. Hillary Clinton -- will head to Washington for an April 30th rally before the Democratic National Committee's headquarters. The group is looking to confront party leaders and argue that the Sunshine State's disqualified January primary results should be counted. They are asking that all 2ll Florida delegates be seated at the August convention in Denver, a decision that would help in the delegate-numbers-game for the New York senator.

'How dare they not count our 1,749,000 votes, says Linda Bird, a Fort Lauderdale realtor and Democratic activist, who adds, " Do they want a fight for our rights at the convention in Denver?"

Bird is one of dozens of Floridians organizing rallies across the state to be held Saturday (April 26), a warm-up to the departing caravan of buses scheduled to leave Tuesday from several Florida locations, carrying some 700 protesters determined to "make our point." The protesters -- a broad mix of independents, Republicans and Democrats being organized by a new non-partisan group called Florida Demanding Representation (FDR) -- are expecting to meet with several Congressional leaders on Wednesday for the 10 a.m. rally

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ron-levitt/disenfranchised-florida-v_b_98458.html

glockmail
05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
:popcorn:

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
God this just keeps getting better... hey glock, pass the popcorn brother... :laugh:

red states rule
05-01-2008, 12:03 PM
:popcorn:

It keeps getting better folks. Granted, since this was on Air America, nobody heard about this

ROSIE THE RADICAL

Roseanne Barr Pushes For '68 Repeat In Denver

Days after Rush Limbaugh was slammed by Denver- area media after supposedly (but not actually) calling for riots during the upcoming Democrat National Convention in Colorado, Air America libtalker and actress Roseanne Barr has issued her own call for a repeat of Chicago's 1968 violence.

Barr said she is so committed to repeating the events of 1968 that she's even willing to put up her own money to ensure it comes to pass.

Will Denver's reporters erupt with the same level of outrage that has been reserved for Rush over the past week? Will Senator Salazar (D-CO) issue an additional "reprimand" request against Air America Radio, as he did with Clear Channel last week? Will Denver TV stations take polls to gauge public response?

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2008/04/air-americas-roseanne-barr-wants-1968.html

red states rule
05-01-2008, 12:03 PM
God this just keeps getting better... hey glock, pass the popcorn brother... :laugh:

Pass me a slice of the Super Supreme pizza please

05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Seriously, Operation Chaos is going into the history books. The way this is all following up almost seems like God Himself is taking a hand in this. (Granted He could be. I dont know if He has a hands on or off policy when it comes to elections).

glockmail
05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Seriously, Operation Chaos is going into the history books. .. A woman just called in, her name was Jaqueline, and she a conservative black, and was very well spoken. She said that since Wright has sabotaged Obama and can be blamed for his demise, the Super Delgates can now safely vote for Hillary without fear of a backlash from the black voting bloc.

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 12:14 PM
A woman just called in, her name was Jaqueline, and she a conservative black, and was very well spoken. She said that since Wright has sabotaged Obama and can be blamed for his demise, the Super Delgates can now safely vote for Hillary without fear of a backlash from the black voting bloc.

Hmmm... and I was watching Fox and Friends this morning, and one of the very first dem super delegates that was backing hitlery has switched to hussein. I'll tell ya... the dems are ready to implode... and I think there's dirty dealing going on to top it all off.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Hmmm... and I was watching Fox and Friends this morning, and one of the very first dem super delegates that was backing hitlery has switched to hussein. I'll tell ya... the dems are ready to implode... and I think there's dirty dealing going on to top it all off.

and we can thank Rush, and the Dem party leaders for having such a screwed up system to pick their candidate

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:19 PM
A woman just called in, her name was Jaqueline, and she a conservative black, and was very well spoken. She said that since Wright has sabotaged Obama and can be blamed for his demise, the Super Delgates can now safely vote for Hillary without fear of a backlash from the black voting bloc.

VERY interesting, glockmail. I tend to agree, IF they give Obalama VP. If they just kick him to the curb? Not so good.

He'd take it -------------------- it's his best shot for being a real, live president in the future. IMO.

glockmail
05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Rush also went through the littany of Democrat policies that have been most harmful to blacks, and yet they continue to support them. He concluded that the Super Delegates could therefore toss Obama under the bus without fear of a backlash by the black voting bloc.

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Rush also went through the littany of Democrat policies that have been most harmful to blacks, and yet they continue to support them. He concluded that the Super Delegates could therefore toss Obama under the bus without fear of a backlash by the black voting bloc.

I agree. They make some black-friendly speeches, they butter everybody up -------- these are high-level politicians, this is their TRADE, they know how to smooth feathers. Obama will be urging everyone to vote for Hillary and handing over all his fundraising lists to her ----------

I think that's how it works.

mundame
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Mind you, I don't think it would work so well the other way around!

That is, I don't think Hillary will be persuaded to lose so generously. (Nor should she; I like the fight in her.)

But that wouldn't matter, in that case: they don't need her money, Obama has lots of money. They don't need her blacks ---- Obama's got the blacks.

The whites, though............................................ ................

That 88% whites in our population? Could be a problem.

That's why I expect Hillary to win.

Don't hold it against me forever if I'm wrong. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

red states rule
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Mind you, I don't think it would work so well the other way around!

That is, I don't think Hillary will be persuaded to lose so generously. (Nor should she; I like the fight in her.)

But that wouldn't matter, in that case: they don't need her money, Obama has lots of money. They don't need her blacks ---- Obama's got the blacks.

The whites, though............................................ ................

That 88% whites in our population? Could be a problem.

That's why I expect Hillary to win.

Don't hold it against me forever if I'm wrong. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

Hillary reminds people of their nagging wife, or mother in law

Her negs are stil around 50%

She wil not win the Electoral College vote

mundame
05-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Hillary reminds people of their nagging wife, or mother in law

That's what my husband said one night! He went on a long rant about it, really surprised me. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

Good luck on having no problems tomorrow morning, RSR.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
That's what my husband said one night! He went on a long rant about it, really surprised me. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

Good luck on having no problems tomorrow morning, RSR.

and who wants to look at Hillary for 4 years? When she walks into a room, mice jump up on chairs!!!!

Thank you Mundame, but I get the "killer" drugs tomorrow - so it will be a looong weekend

But after tomorrow, I have ONE more treatment (I hope)

mundame
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
It's good there's an end in sight.

and who wants to look at Hillary for 4 years? When she walks into a room, mice jump up on chairs!!!!

http://macg.net/emoticons/lol.gif You so bad.

red states rule
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
It's good there's an end in sight.

http://macg.net/emoticons/lol.gif You so bad.

Bill Clinton died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. She asked, "What are all those clocks?"

Saint Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock.
Every time you lie, the hands on your clock will move.

"Oh," said Bill, "whose clock is that?"

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved indicating that she never told a lie."

"Whose clock is that?"

"That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have only moved twice telling us that Abe only told 2 lies in his entire life."

"Where's Hillary's clock?" Bill asked.

"Hillary's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."