PDA

View Full Version : Help: Bypass password login at Startup

Hagbard Celine
05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I have a laptop that was given to me when I got robbed last year and it is locked with a password. It's an old company laptop but I can't bypass the login to actually use the computer.
How do I bypass it? Any hackers on the site? It uses Windows XP Pro.

jimnyc
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I have a laptop that was given to me when I got robbed last year and it is locked with a password. It's an old company laptop but I can't bypass the login to actually use the computer.

Sorry, Hag, hadn't noticed this post until now. My first thought is to re-install a fresh copy of the OS on the system and your problem is solved. If you HAVE to have the data on there, look around the net for utilities to help you. I don't want to recommend anything as I don't want to be responsible, but there ARE tools you can use to either recover the password or to reset it.

manu1959
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM

why not ask your It dept. to reset it for you.....surley cnn has an It dept.....