PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO U.S. Marines Invade Manhattan, New York!

waronyou
05-02-2008, 02:35 AM
SOUNDS LIKE A REHEARSAL TO FIGHTING IN AN URBANE CITY SETTING TO ME...JUST BEFORE WE INVADED IRAQ WE WHERE TRANSPORTED BY HELICOPTER TO INNER CITIES IN MY CASE THE CITY WAS CHARLOTTE N.C. MY BROTHER WAS TRAINED IN DAYTON OHIO FOR URBANE FIGHTING.. THIS IS VERY ALARMING TO ME TO SAY THE LEAST
link removed by moderator

Sertes
05-02-2008, 03:26 AM
...THIS IS VERY ALARMING TO ME TO SAY THE LEAST

The video is this one:
6W1SC7fdlSY

and this is just a group of Iraq War veterans protesting against the military occupation of Iraq explaining what happens in a 'random' day down there.

What is alarming you? the fact that military train for fighting in an urbane settings? or that the first emendament is still active and you can peacefully demonstrate in new york?

waronyou
05-02-2008, 05:12 AM
1. The people are getting used to military presence.

2. What do you think they are training for?

3. Why are cops standing there when this ‘protest’ is occurring?

4. You cant run around in public acting like that. Say bomb on the plane buddy.

I dont think this was a protest but a military exercise.

Sertes
05-02-2008, 07:15 AM
1. The people are getting used to military presence.
They should, life in occupied Iraq is just like that... only with guns and real wounds. Too easy to be a war supporter if you only see it on tv

2. What do you think they are training for?
They who? The people in the video? They're not training at all, they're veterans returned to homeland willing to share the horrors of a random day in Iraq.
As for the "military" they train for anything, big deal!

3. Why are cops standing there when this ‘protest’ is occurring?
Because the first emendment allows people to express freely. But I can reverse the question: do you think cops should stop war vererans from showing common citizens what a random day in occupied Iraq is like?

4. You cant run around in public acting like that. Say bomb on the plane buddy.
No, really? You cannot dress like a soldier and make the gestures empty handed? Too bad you have the constitution, you know, democracy is based on free speech. Someone would like to pretend everything is fine, pretend not to hear, not to see... well, those people should stay at home watching tv, no one would bother them there.

I dont think this was a protest but a military exercise.
That's because you're not hearing what the IRAQ VETERAN AGAINST IRAQ WAR is saying, nor reading his shirt that tells just the same: WE'RE IRAQ VETERANS, AND WE'RE AGAINST THE IRAQ WAR.

hjmick
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Sure would be nice if people paid attention to things before they post it in paranoid confusion.

Very effective protest, I was impressed.

Oh, and "REHEARSAL TO FIGHTING IN AN URBANE CITY SETTING?" "Urbane?" Really? The city is "notably polite or polished in manner?" I didn't realize these attributes could be applied to inanimate objects or things.

Sea Kelp.

manu1959
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Sure would be nice if people paid attention to things before they post it in paranoid confusion.

Very effective protest, I was impressed.

Oh, and "REHEARSAL TO FIGHTING IN AN URBANE CITY SETTING?" "Urbane?" Really? The city is "notably polite or polished in manner?" I didn't realize these attributes could be applied to inanimate objects or things.

Sea Kelp.

remember dems are smarter than you........just ask them....

Abbey Marie
05-02-2008, 10:11 AM
remember dems are smarter than you........just ask them....

I'm picturing them fighting in tuxes, gun in one hand, scotch in the other.

Yurt
05-02-2008, 12:04 PM
why would they need to do this, when all they have to do is declare a higher level of alert and re-station national guard around NY like they did quite frequently after 9/11?

Hagbard Celine
05-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Good for these guys. I'm glad they're finally letting it be known that they feel the same way about this war as everyone else does. Clueless Americans need to know what the hell our military is doing over there because they're being irresponsibly ignorant on the subject imo. They need to have the truth shoved down their throats and veterans of the debacle are just the messengers for the job.

manu1959
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm picturing them fighting in tuxes, gun in one hand, scotch in the other.

a gun ?!....:laugh2:

Monkeybone
05-02-2008, 02:27 PM
a gun ?!....:laugh2:

a gun without bullets if they are in Cali.