PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy

Trigg
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
We went to the pound a week or so ago to find a friend for my older dog who's about 9yrs old. I was looking for a smaller dog, the one we have is almost 100 pounds. I was also NOT looking for a puppy.

This adorable little puppy was there (4months) just sitting there, not jumping or barking. We took him out and played with him for a little while. The worker was warning me that he'll probably get pretty big since it looks like he's a lab mixed with ???.

So now we have two dogs, both big. The little guy is driving Rivers (the older one) a little nuts and Rivers has barked more in the last day than I've heard in the last 9 yrs. I think Hershey is more of a dominant dog than Rivers, but Rivers isn't about to give up his top dog status.

He's such a cute little puppy so I hope this works out. Right now Hershey is following Rivers around and Rivers is getting pissed.

AFbombloader
05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
We went to the pound a week or so ago to find a friend for my older dog who's about 9yrs old. I was looking for a smaller dog, the one we have is almost 100 pounds. I was also NOT looking for a puppy.

This adorable little puppy was there (4months) just sitting there, not jumping or barking. We took him out and played with him for a little while. The worker was warning me that he'll probably get pretty big since it looks like he's a lab mixed with ???.

So now we have two dogs, both big. The little guy is driving Rivers (the older one) a little nuts and Rivers has barked more in the last day than I've heard in the last 9 yrs. I think Hershey is more of a dominant dog than Rivers, but Rivers isn't about to give up his top dog status.

He's such a cute little puppy so I hope this works out. Right now Hershey is following Rivers around and Rivers is getting pissed.

Are you nuts!?! At least when Hershey (cute name) gets bigger you have all the space in back to let him run. Poor Rivers, give him a pat on the head from me.

AF:salute:

Trigg
05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you nuts!?! At least when Hershey (cute name) gets bigger you have all the space in back to let him run. Poor Rivers, give him a pat on the head from me.

AF:salute:

The puppy has backed off a little, Rivers nipped him pretty good.

I let them both out without a leash and Hershey followed Rivers around and peed whenever he did, so at least the housebreaking is working out.

I'm gonna give this a week or so to see if the puppy will leave Rivers alone, it's not worth it if all they do is fight.

Monkeybone
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM
you have to give them time to establish a pecking order Trigg. remember, it's just a puppy and wants to play and not be alone. Rivers is the big brother that is cool. the puppy just has to learn.

oh and AF, i am insulted that i haven't seen a picture of you with Koreans around you in that tshirt.

AFbombloader
05-03-2008, 03:40 AM
you have to give them time to establish a pecking order Trigg. remember, it's just a puppy and wants to play and not be alone. Rivers is the big brother that is cool. the puppy just has to learn.

oh and AF, i am insulted that i haven't seen a picture of you with Koreans around you in that tshirt.

Honestly, all have been doing as of late is working on homework for the two classes I am taking. In fact, I should be working on my term paper right now! I have to get the last two weeks work done before I go to Singapore on the 15th (yes, it will be fun!). I really don't see to many Koreans, the people near here are kinda standoffish. Not the ones at the bars, but I really don't go downtown much and I really don't want a picture with the juicy girls anyway. They are all Phillipino anyway. I will work on getting a picture for Monkeybone.