PDA

View Full Version : Can Hilary win NC?

red states rule
05-03-2008, 08:11 AM
The way the Obama campaign was been going, all of a sudden NC is a state Hillary might be able to win

Should Hillary take both IN and NC, she will have a much stronger case to make to the SD's that Obama is a rookie who deos not have what it takes to win in November

Lets hope Operation Chaos makes the difference as it has in previous states

Suddenly, North Carolina Is Facing Tighter Race

By JEFF ZELENY and JODI KANTOR
Published: May 3, 2008

RALEIGH, N.C. — Just days before the North Carolina primary, the Democratic presidential contest in this state is suddenly alive with a fresh air of competition, as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton seeks to capitalize on a controversy that polls suggest has whittled away some of Senator Barack Obama’s support among white voters.

Not long ago, Mr. Obama was perceived to hold such an advantage that some Democrats here wondered whether Mrs. Clinton would bother to compete vigorously. But the candidates intensified their efforts in the final weekend — both appeared here on Friday evening — and Mr. Obama was eyeing a return on the eve of the election.

“This primary election on Tuesday is a game changer,” Mrs. Clinton told a crowd in Kinston. “This is going to make a huge difference in what happens going forward. The entire country — probably even a lot of the world — is looking to see what North Carolina decides.”

for the complete article
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/03/us/politics/03campaign.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=politics&adxnnlx=1209820128-h6sKYbx8Fa1YZIbI2UIoSA

glockmail
05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
In NC you can register as an independent and vote in either primary. There is a candidate for S. of Public Instruction that I have donated to and need to vote for. I'm also voting for Keyes for Prez. Otherwise I'd have re-registered and done the Chaos thing.

Hopefully Hillary will win, sneek past Obama with the SuperDelegates, and Denver will erupt in a riot. This would split the Democrat Party for two generations or more.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
In NC you can register as an independent and vote in either primary. There is a candidate for S. of Public Instruction that I have donated to and need to vote for. I'm also voting for Keyes for Prez. Otherwise I'd have re-registered and done the Chaos thing.

Hopefully Hillary will win, sneek past Obama with the SuperDelegates, and Denver will erupt in a riot. This would split the Democrat Party for two generations or more.

It would be nice to see Hillary sweep on Tuesday,a nd watch the faces of the Obama supporters as she makes her case to the SD's

Obama is a joke that long ago ceased to be funny

NATO AIR
05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
The college vote will be in force in NC given how many institutions there are and the impressive nature of the voter registration drive (I saw this first hand when volunteering for 2 candidates in January while I enjoyed my terminal leave and interviewed for post-Navy positions).

The black vote as well.

The military vote in Eastern NC which will be anti-Clinton. Her recent "obliterate" Iran comments were not well-received among military families tired of politicians from both parties playing political games with their soldiers' lives. They also hold her and her husband accountable for the Bosnia and Kosovo debacles.

The yuppie and exburb vote in Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Wilmington is more liberal than ever and going for Obama.

She's got some of the unions and a majority of the small town white Democrat vote. Her record on gun control (despite recent attempts to revise her record) is not well-regarded among small town whites so that is a depressing factor for her vote.

Keep in mind also the huge popularity of early voting which helps Obama further because most of it was done before the Wright whirlwind reappeared.

She may get within 5 points but not enough to win. I still would not be surprised by an 8-12 point Obama win, especially because so many college students voted early before the semester ends next week.

A local parting note about the GOP.... Ron Paul is huge in the Greensboro/Piedmont Triad area for some reason, there are more Paul signs by far than Clinton or Obama (let alone McCain).

red states rule
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
The college vote will be in force in NC given how many institutions there are and the impressive nature of the voter registration drive (I saw this first hand when volunteering for 2 candidates in January while I enjoyed my terminal leave and interviewed for post-Navy positions).

The black vote as well.

The military vote in Eastern NC which will be anti-Clinton. Her recent "obliterate" Iran comments were not well-received among military families tired of politicians from both parties playing political games with their soldiers' lives. They also hold her and her husband accountable for the Bosnia and Kosovo debacles.

The yuppie and exburb vote in Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Wilmington is more liberal than ever and going for Obama.

She's got some of the unions and a majority of the small town white Democrat vote. Her record on gun control (despite recent attempts to revise her record) is not well-regarded among small town whites so that is a depressing factor for her vote.

Keep in mind also the huge popularity of early voting which helps Obama further because most of it was done before the Wright whirlwind reappeared.

She may get within 5 points but not enough to win. I still would not be surprised by an 8-12 point Obama win, especially because so many college students voted early before the semester ends next week.

A local parting note about the GOP.... Ron Paul is huge in the Greensboro/Piedmont Triad area for some reason, there are more Paul signs by far than Clinton or Obama (let alone McCain).

After being down by 20 points, osing by 5 points will be a win for Hillary

Obama is damaged goods, even more then Hillary is

Also remember Obama has a hisotry of over polling, and the numbers he gets in polls is higher then what he gets on election day

NATO AIR
05-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Also remember Obama has a hisotry of over polling, and the numbers he gets in polls is higher then what he gets on election day

Consider also Obama was down some 20 odd points in PA and then halved that. i think HRC can pull that off as well.

HRC is by far the more flawed candidate. There is a lot of stuff about Bill that has been avoided or underreported... like the fact he is a traitor whose foundation is flush with unseemly cash from a variety of dictatorships.

Agreed about the overpolling...

red states rule
05-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Consider also Obama was down some 20 odd points in PA and then halved that. i think HRC can pull that off as well.

HRC is by far the more flawed candidate. There is a lot of stuff about Bill that has been avoided or underreported... like the fact he is a traitor whose foundation is flush with unseemly cash from a variety of dictatorships.

Agreed about the overpolling...

Obama is just as flawed. He has shown his arrogant side. How is totally uneducated in economcs. His inner circle is filed with racists and those who have shown a hatred for America. His wife is a simmering volcano ready to erupt in a split second

Classact
05-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Also remember Obama has a hisotry of over polling, and the numbers he gets in polls is higher then what he gets on election dayNew polls just out
The race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination is now tied. Clinton and Obama are each supported by 45% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters. Last Monday, Obama led by eight (see recent Democratic Nomination results). http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Guess Hillary will win NC by 5-7%, in by 9-11% and a few days later WV by 77% and the Obama worshipers and news will be asking why? While answering they will defeat him even more... dead candidate walking.

red states rule
05-04-2008, 10:00 AM
New polls just out http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Guess Hillary will win NC by 5-7%, in by 9-11% and a few days later WV by 77% and the Obama worshipers and news will be asking why? While answering they will defeat him even more... dead candidate walking.

Watched Face the Nation and the Chris matthews show, and all the liberal guests were blaming the white racists for Hilary closing on Obama

MAttrhews even had the galls to call Wright a small issue and said voters need to pay nattention to "important" issues

Sems Obama's racist friends should not be mentioned

Classact
05-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Watched Face the Nation and the Chris matthews show, and all the liberal guests were blaming the white racists for Hilary closing on Obama

MAttrhews even had the galls to call Wright a small issue and said voters need to pay nattention to "important" issues

Sems Obama's racist friends should not be mentionedI got bored last evening and watched Larry King live and they were having a lovefest for Obama with one supporter behind the other... looked like pouring perfume on shit. I laughed out loud a couple times!

red states rule
05-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I got bored last evening and watched Larry King live and they were having a lovefest for Obama with one supporter behind the other... looked like pouring perfume on shit. I laughed out loud a couple times!

It is the same all over the liberal media. The liberal media is not even trying to hide thier bias, and are showing it openly

Here is another example from last night

Excusing Wright, Part II: 'Latent Racism' Is Ruining An 'Incredible' Man
By Tim Graham | May 4, 2008 - 09:22 ET

When Washington Post writer Sally Quinn came on the Charlie Rose show Wednesday night to discuss the Reverend Wright controversy, the accusations against whites flew wildly. Obama’s distancing from Wright was "so incredibly sad," and happened because "we are still a racist country," where "so many white Americans...have absolutely no idea what goes on inside black churches on a Sunday morning...and I think it brought out a lot of latent racism." She concluded the interview by insisting that whites "go to their white churches, and you wonder how they can call themselves Christians and still look at other people as though they are inferior."

Sally Quinn came on with Rev. Floyd Flake, a former Congressman from New York, who also discussed this with Rose the first time Wright became controversial. Quinn tried to say that Obama’s greater condemnation of Wright would help Obama, but it was tragic.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/05/04/excusing-wright-part-ii-latent-racism-ruining-incredible-man

Classact
05-04-2008, 10:16 AM
It is the same all over the liberal media. The liberal media is not even trying to hide thier bias, and are showing it openly

Here is another example from last night

Excusing Wright, Part II: 'Latent Racism' Is Ruining An 'Incredible' Man
By Tim Graham | May 4, 2008 - 09:22 ET

When Washington Post writer Sally Quinn came on the Charlie Rose show Wednesday night to discuss the Reverend Wright controversy, the accusations against whites flew wildly. Obama’s distancing from Wright was "so incredibly sad," and happened because "we are still a racist country," where "so many white Americans...have absolutely no idea what goes on inside black churches on a Sunday morning...and I think it brought out a lot of latent racism." She concluded the interview by insisting that whites "go to their white churches, and you wonder how they can call themselves Christians and still look at other people as though they are inferior."

Sally Quinn came on with Rev. Floyd Flake, a former Congressman from New York, who also discussed this with Rose the first time Wright became controversial. Quinn tried to say that Obama’s greater condemnation of Wright would help Obama, but it was tragic.

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2008/05/04/excusing-wright-part-ii-latent-racism-ruining-incredible-manHere is a good article I used on another site to give balance to the crap float

Having said that, I’ve got to give Jerry his due for not backing down from his point of view, unlike Barry and Michelle. Yep, this guy actually believes the white devil-inspired US government put AIDS on black people’s sandwiches, that Farrakhan is funkalicious, and the USA is a terrorist state. He’s sold on it. He didn’t give an inch when queried. He stood there with unction . . . his hands on his hips . . . finger wagging . . . and in full throttle animation letting us all know in a no-ifs-ands-or-buts-about-it way that he owns those beliefs. He’s down with it, mama!

C’mon, Barack, there’s no way you did not know what was brewing in Wright’s brain in regard to his overt racism, or his love of Louis, or Jeremiah’s jeremiad against the USofA. You know you knew, Barry. One, as close as you confessed to have been to this cleric you could not but know that Wright is on fire—I said, he is on fire, muy caliente mucho fuego—with his beliefs. This leaves your current abhorrence of your mentor a little suspicious, Barack. Like in . . . please, save it man. Go sell crazy somewhere else and don’t insult us (again) with the too little, too late denial and feigned disdain. It appears that the pastor you used to prop up your political career has come home to roost—on your head. You forgot the old maxim, Obama, that if they make you, they can break you. Fo’ shizzle . . .
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DougGiles/2008/05/03/where_reverend_wright_is_really_right
Funny writer!!!

red states rule
05-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Now the kook left conspiracy ideas are coming out.

I do love watching the Dem party implode over this

Spike Lee Thinks Someone's Paying Wright to Bash Obama
By Noel Sheppard | May 3, 2008 - 19:35 ET

What is it about Hollywoodans that makes so many of them believe that any time political leaders they revere get caught in a scandal, it's because of some vast conspiracy?

While you ponder, consider how just days after "View" co-host Joy Behar suggested that Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama's pastor "might be being paid by the Republicans," film director Spike Lee said, "It looks like [Rev. Jeremiah Wright's] being paid to keep talking."

I kid you not.

As reported by Britain's Guardian Thursday (emphasis added, h/t Deceiver via NBer bias-fighter, picture courtesy New York magazine):

"Jeremiah Wight needs to be quiet," Lee said yesterday. "If he loves Obama he needs to shut up right now. It makes me question his motives for talking. I'm starting to wonder whether somebody has been contributing to the building funds of his church. Seriously."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/03/spike-lee-thinks-someones-paying-wright-bash-obama

Classact
05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Now the kook left conspiracy ideas are coming out.

I do love watching the Dem party implode over this

Spike Lee Thinks Someone's Paying Wright to Bash Obama
By Noel Sheppard | May 3, 2008 - 19:35 ET

What is it about Hollywoodans that makes so many of them believe that any time political leaders they revere get caught in a scandal, it's because of some vast conspiracy?

While you ponder, consider how just days after "View" co-host Joy Behar suggested that Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama's pastor "might be being paid by the Republicans," film director Spike Lee said, "It looks like [Rev. Jeremiah Wright's] being paid to keep talking."

I kid you not.

As reported by Britain's Guardian Thursday (emphasis added, h/t Deceiver via NBer bias-fighter, picture courtesy New York magazine):

"Jeremiah Wight needs to be quiet," Lee said yesterday. "If he loves Obama he needs to shut up right now. It makes me question his motives for talking. I'm starting to wonder whether somebody has been contributing to the building funds of his church. Seriously."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/03/spike-lee-thinks-someones-paying-wright-bash-obamaI guess he missed Wright's hooch in the white hood by the golf course($11 millions) with Obama's little chunck of change towards the church that gave it to him?

red states rule
05-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I guess he missed Wright's hooch in the white hood by the golf course($11 millions) with Obama's little chunck of change towards the church that gave it to him?

Where does Spike live? I am sure it is not anywhere near South Centeral LA

I love to see these libs squirm like a worm on the pavement

glockmail
05-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Sems Obama's racist friends should not be mentioned

Whites are racist for voting 60-70% for Hillary but blacks are not racists for voting lock-step 90% or more for Obama.

mundame
05-05-2008, 08:20 AM
His wife is a simmering volcano ready to erupt in a split second

I agree with that; I read a long article about her in the usually leftist New Yorker, but they did NOT like her. She could blow up at any moment, and there goes the campaign. They've been keeping her out of the public eye more since her "ashamed of America" speech, but they still let her out from time to time, apparently, talking to groups.

mundame
05-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Whites are racist for voting 60-70% for Hillary but blacks are not racists for voting lock-step 90% or more for Obama.

Yeah, what about this? http://macg.net/emoticons/angry5.gif

I hate the double standard we are all trapped in. I say we should untrap ourselves, right now.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 08:22 AM
I agree with that; I read a long article about her in the usually leftist New Yorker, but they did NOT like her. She could blow up at any moment, and there goes the campaign. They've been keeping her out of the public eye more since her "ashamed of America" speech, but they still let her out from time to time, apparently, talking to groups.

and Hillary is a festering boil on the ass of America

So what is the differecne between them?

mundame
05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
and Hillary is a festering boil on the ass of America

So what is the differecne between them?

Surely not FESTERING.....................................

Just a little red around the edges. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Surely not FESTERING.....................................

Just a little red around the edges. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/happysad.gif

It does have a huge yellow head, and ready to pop

When I hear her fingernails across the chalkboard like voice, I watch the stuff ooze out

glockmail
05-05-2008, 09:48 AM
It does have a huge yellow head, and ready to pop

When I hear her fingernails across the chalkboard like voice, I watch the stuff ooze out
:lol: Come on man. Tell us how you really feel. Why hold back? :lol:

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
:lol: Come on man. Tell us how you really feel. Why hold back? :lol:

My chemo Dr told me to tone it down a little :laugh2:

glockmail
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Back to the topic- Some polls show Clinton on top. Tommorow's our big day here. :coffee: I'l be at the polls at 6:30 am.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Back to the topic- Some polls show Clinton on top. Tommorow's our big day here. :coffee: I'l be at the polls at 6:30 am.

and I am hoping for a Hillary sweep

That will drive the Dem party closer to the cliff :laugh2:

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Back to the topic- Some polls show Clinton on top. Tommorow's our big day here.

That is EXTREMELY interesting, glockmail. I hadn't heard she was ever polling as a winner in North Carolina..................

The election is certainly exciting lately.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:07 AM
That is EXTREMELY interesting, glockmail. I hadn't heard she was ever polling as a winner in North Carolina..................

Polls show Hillary within the margin of eror - or slightly ahead

It will be close

Of course, Obama has has a history of over polling, and actually has a lower number when the votes are counted

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
and I am hoping for a Hillary sweep

We Hillary voters so much appreciate your support, RSR........... http://macg.net/emoticons/devil3.gif

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
We Hillary voters so much appreciate your support, RSR........... http://macg.net/emoticons/devil3.gif

Enjoy it for now. If she gets the nomination I will be on the "Stop Hillary Express"

Or I will be on the "Stop Obama Express" if she screws it up

glockmail
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM

I think its a backlash about the Wright issue. North Carolinians have treated blacks as fairly as possible, and expect the same treatment in return.

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Obama has has a history of over polling, and actually has a lower number when the votes are counted

That's right, and all the commentators have started to mention it regularly.

It seems to be a highly reliable phenomenon, and may be some statistical anomaly like the early exit polls showing Kerry a winner --------- because Kerry voters voted early when the polls were taken.

That must be happening someway, that Obama voters are oversampled. Do they answer their phones more, screen calls less? We are NOT Obama voters and we never answer calls from polling or commercial or charitable telemarket numbers --- we have a caller ID up we look at before picking up the phone.

Or young people are more willing to talk to pollsters? Something like that has to be happening.

My husband surprised me by saying he would lie to exit pollsters! I was telling him about a guy I knew on the Internet who said he did that. Well, I wouldn't, I'd tell 'em it's none of their damn business who I voted for. He said he wouldn't want to make a scene, but he DOESN'T think it's their business, so he'd lie to screw up their numbers.

Boy, the things you learn ........................ http://www.viverge.fr/smileys/Wipe-Glasses.gif

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I think its a backlash about the Wright issue. North Carolinians have treated blacks as fairly as possible, and expect the same treatment in return.

As usual, you are correct

58% Say Obama Denounced Wright for Political Convenience, not Outrage

Friday, May 02, 2008 Email to a FriendAdvertisment
A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that just 30% of the nation’s Likely Voters believe Barack Obama denounced his former Pastor, Jeremiah Wright, because he was outraged. Most—58%--say he denounced the Pastor for political convenience. The survey was conducted on Wednesday and Thursday night. Obama made his statements about Wright on Tuesday.

Wright held a mini-media tour last weekend capped by a press conference at the National Press Club on Monday. Only 33% of voters believe that Obama was surprised by the views Wright expressed at Monday’s press conference. Fifty-two percent (52%) say he was not surprised.

Fifty-six percent (56%) say it’s at least somewhat likely that Obama “shares some of Pastor Wright’s controversial views about the United States.” That figure includes 26% who say it’s Very Likely Obama holds such views. At the other end of the spectrum 24% say it’s Not Very Likely that Obama shares such views. Just 11% say it’s Not at All Likely.

Just 7% of the nation’s voters agree with Wright’s views of the United States. African-American voters, by a 64% to 12% margin, disagree with Wright. Eighty-one percent (81%) of all voters are following the story somewhat or very closely.

Nine percent (9%) of voters have a favorable opinion of Wright. Eight-one percent (81%) have an unfavorable view. That includes 62% with a Very Unfavorable opinion.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/58_say_obama_denounced_wright_for_political_conven ience_not_outrage

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM

And expect the same treatment in return...............................

Well said; I think that's how quite a lot of whites, and not just in North Carolina, are taking these Wright revelations. We are trapped in an incredible double bind, double standard, and we didn't even know it till all this came out.

I honestly did not know that blacks were saying such awful things about whites right in their churches. How is that supposed to be all right, when whites aren't even allowed to mention that there IS such a thing as race?

Darn. This election is about race, and not perhaps really about Obama. I think blacks are going to have to normalize and follow the same rules whites are supposed to follow before we agree a black can be president.

No1tovote4
05-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd love to see her win out. It would be awesome. Especially if they wind up with a truly brokered convention.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I'd love to see her win out. It would be awesome. Especially if they wind up with a truly brokered convention.

The train wreck is going to happen in Denver

It is impossible for either Obama or Hillary to win enough delegates to lock up the nomination

It wil be the SD's who pick the winner

Either way, half the party is going to pissed over thier choice

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Most—58%--say he denounced the Pastor for political convenience.

It has to be political convenience simply from the logic.

The comments were the same -------- first Obama said he wouldn't "disown" Wright, any more than he would disown his white grandmother.

Then later he did disown Wright, for the same exact comments. Hello, that's political.

I seriously don't like the grandmother business:

But Obama's comparison of a race-baiter who spewed hatred from the pulpit with his elderly grandmother who had voiced her fears in private was not only morally asymmetrical, it was dishonest. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20080502/cm_uc_crlchx/op_205996) Once more, the candidate's first memoir is revealing. In that version, a younger Obama explained his grandmother's fears by describing an actual incident that provoked them: While she was waiting for the bus to go to work early one morning, a black man tried to shake her down for money. She gave him some, but he kept demanding more. "If the bus hadn't come, I think he might have hit me over the head," Obama says she told him.

Well, DUH. What's wrong with her saying that? Was SHE the bad one, or was the mugger the bad one?

I used to walk to the train station in Baltimore, and there was a black street crazy who blocked the way every night ranting and yelling and carrying on demanding money. Okay, I don't like that. I never gave him any, never WILL give him or any other type like that any money. So does that make me bad and him good?

That's what Obama is saying about his grandmother, and I think that's pretty awful. http://bestsmileys.com/family/12.gif

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
It wil be the SD's who pick the winner

Sure, that's already clear. If they pick Obama, they'll pretend that they were "doing the voter's will," but at this point, it's all about the superdelegates, IMO.

Do the rest of you agree with me? That this has moved past being settled by the primaries, and it's in the hands of the professional politicians?

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
and Hillary's lies, eh sorry - emblishments, are not much better.

She has a knack for lying more then Bill

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Sure, that's already clear. If they pick Obama, they'll pretend that they were "doing the voter's will," but at this point, it's all about the superdelegates, IMO.

Do the rest of you agree with me? That this has moved past being settled by the primaries, and it's in the hands of the professional politicians?

I have said the voters wil not pick the winner

You see, the party heads are treating their voters like they treat the rest of America. They believe you are to damn stupid to make the right choice, so they will make it for you

mundame
05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
You see, the party heads are treating their voters like they treat the rest of America. They believe you are to damn stupid to make the right choice, so they will make it for you

I'm inclined to agree with them.......................... http://macg.net/emoticons/smileevil.gif

Democrats fall in love with weird people and then lose the election; that's the problem before us now.

That's why God created superdelegates.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm inclined to agree with them.......................... http://macg.net/emoticons/smileevil.gif

Democrats fall in love with weird people and then lose the election; that's the problem before us now.

and you have really weird ones with Obama and Hillary

Like my new Hillary pic?

Gaffer
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM

I believe your wrong on that. The superdelegates created the superdelegates. They can't afford losing control of the masses.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I believe your wrong on that. The superdelegates created the superdelegates. They can't afford losing control of the masses.

Power is all that matters to Democrats. Even if means screwing over the people that vote for them

Dilloduck
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM

The primaries never leave the hands of the professional politicians.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:08 AM
The primaries never leave the hands of the professional politicians.

Republican primaries for the most part are winner take all

Dems for some reason think they have to reward the loser of their primaires with delegates

mundame
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Like my new Hillary pic?

I love it. Very cute. I've seen it before, but it is funny.

mundame
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM

Sure. I do agree with you on this.

After the McGovern disaster?

No, they had to have the superdelegate system after that.

Democracy has its limits; people can pick some verrrrrrrry strange "leaders." Joseph Smith. Hitler. Lenin.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:15 AM
I love it. Very cute. I've seen it before, but it is funny.

I suspect most people have the same reaction to Hillary as the kid does

I was driving along one day, and I watched as a dog lifted its leg on a guys Hillary yard sign

Very telling

mundame
05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I watched as a dog lifted its leg on a guys Hillary yard sign

Very telling

Now, now. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif COULD be overinterpretation.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Now, now. http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif COULD be overinterpretation.

It sums up how a majority of voters feel about her

mundame
05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
It sums up how a majority of voters feel about her

That can be tweaked.

The question of interest today is, how do a majority of North Carolinians feel about her?

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
That can be tweaked.

The question of interest today is, how do a majority of North Carolinians feel about her?

A Dem primary is very different from the general election

Gaffer
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Sure. I do agree with you on this.

After the McGovern disaster?

No, they had to have the superdelegate system after that.

Democracy has its limits; people can pick some verrrrrrrry strange "leaders." Joseph Smith. Hitler. Lenin.

That was a major disaster. That was the first year I was eligible to vote and I voted for Nixon, along with the rest of the country.

In 1972, while in college I had to do a paper comparing the present party platforms with platforms from history. A very interesting facy came to light in my research. The communist party of 1924 and the democrat party of 1972 were almost word for word identical. That was the point where I stopped even considering the democrats for anything.

mundame
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
In 1972, while in college I had to do a paper comparing the present party platforms with platforms from history. A very interesting facy came to light in my research. The communist party of 1924 and the democrat party of 1972 were almost word for word identical. That was the point where I stopped even considering the democrats for anything.

Wow. That would be disconcerting.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Now Obama and Wright get support from Rosie

Rosie O'Donnell: Rev. Wright 'Made Sense to Me'; People 'Confuse Passion for Rage'
By Ken Shepherd | May 5, 2008 - 12:12 ET

Rosie O'Donnell appeared on the May 5 "Today" show in its fourth hour, claiming that many have confused her "passion for rage" much in the same way as they've misunderstood Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Indeed, claimed the former "The View" co-host, Obama's former pastor "made sense to me."

O'Donnell also defended Wright's conspiracy theory view on AIDS, chalking that up to Wright's "genetic memory" of the Tuskegee Institute. O'Donnell incorrectly asserted the U.S. government infected the patients in that syphilis study.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2008/05/05/rosie-odonnell-rev-wright-makes-sense-me-media-confuse-passion-rage

glockmail
05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
I had an unfortunate accident with an Obama sign today. It sort of ran under the wheels of my truck.

Gaffer
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I had an unfortunate accident with an Obama sign today. It sort of ran under the wheels of my truck.

Hope the trucks OK.

glockmail
05-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Hope the trucks OK.
My son was with me- gotta teach the boy Right.

Just got back from the polls. I voted for Alan Keyes. :coffee:

mundame
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
My son was with me- gotta teach the boy Right.

Just got back from the polls. I voted for Alan Keyes. :coffee:

Well, darn, Glock --------- I was hoping you'd vote for Hillary.

Sure I was....... http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/4.gif

glockmail
05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, darn, Glock --------- I was hoping you'd vote for Hillary.

Sure I was....... http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage08/4.gif I was thinking of dojng the Chaos thing, but I have a candidate for Public Instruction that I am supporting.

NATO AIR
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Turnout was high here in Greensboro, I had fun voting this morning (had to wait 40 or so minutes in line) and then returned this afternoon when I was driving the elderly and poor from some of Greensboro's broken neighborhoods to vote. Wasn't so crowded then.

Drove to about 8 different polling stations today, saw numerous Ron Paul supporters at 6 of them telling people they had an opportunity to give the GOP a message about pro-amnesty, war mongers being the nominee, attending La Raza conferences and threatening to bomb other countries.

My favorite moment was this older black lady, dressed prim and proper, with a John McCain button on her dress. As I drove her and a few others to the polling station, she explained she's been a Republican since Ike in '52 when she was an Army wife with her husband in Korea and certainly won't stop now though "that George Bush isn't worth a penny in her estimation compared to Reagan, Nixon or Ike."
She got some stares from folks but handled the impolite responses of certain people with dignity.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 05:59 AM
I was thinking of dojng the Chaos thing, but I have a candidate for Public Instruction that I am supporting.

This is classic. Chris Matthews was having another temper tantrum over Operation Chaos

Matthews: Shame on All Who Participated in Rush's 'Operation Chaos'
By Brent Baker | May 7, 2008 - 01:28 ET

Rush Limbaugh's “Operation Chaos,” the effort to urge conservatives and Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton in order to prolong the Democratic nomination battle, certainly annoys MSNBC's Chris Matthews who, during primary coverage Tuesday night, denounced the “mischief-making” by “a talk jock.” In the 11:30 PM EDT half hour, Matthews offered a “Keith [Olbermann]-style special comment” about how “anyone who voted to screw up the political system of this country with the purpose of mischief should carry that with them the rest their lives.” He called it “a ridiculous way to use the vote for which people fought and died,” sarcastically remarking: “I hope you're proud of yourself.” The rant from Matthews:

I have to offer a Keith-style special comment on that. Anyone who voted to screw up the political system of this country with the purpose of mischief should carry that with them the rest their lives. What a ridiculous way to use the vote for which people fought and died, to use that vote to make mischief. I hope you're proud of yourself. [20-second MP3 audio of this comment]

That followed the contention of guest Michelle Bernard, of the Independent Women's Forum, that Limbaugh did “something positive” which helped Barack Obama “because he's said to African-Americans, ask the Democratic Party 'what have they done for you lately?'” and encouraged African-Americans to force “Republicans and Democrats to compete for the black vote.” For that, she concluded, “I say to Rush Limbaugh: good job.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/05/07/matthews-shame-all-who-participated-rushs-operation-chaos

glockmail
05-07-2008, 07:27 AM

My favorite moment was this older black lady, dressed prim and proper, with a John McCain button on her dress. As I drove her and a few others to the polling station, she explained she's been a Republican since Ike in '52 when she was an Army wife with her husband in Korea and certainly won't stop now though "that George Bush isn't worth a penny in her estimation compared to Reagan, Nixon or Ike."
She got some stares from folks but handled the impolite responses of certain people with dignity.
Sadly this generation of self-respecting blacks is dying out, and leaving Obamites in their place, with their dread locks and hands out.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
On the one hand, the liberal media snerers how Operation Chaos is a farce, and on the other, they keep talking about it

Are Media Focusing on Limbaugh's Operation Chaos to Force Hillary Out?
By Noel Sheppard | May 7, 2008 - 10:07 ET

Are "Totally in the Tank for Obama" media members focusing on Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" in order to force Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton out of the race?

Consider if you will all of the attention Limbaugh's months-old plan to keep the Democrat nomination process going as long as possible got Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning following Hillary's tough night in North Carolina and Indiana.

For instance, ABC's Jake Tapper reported the following at his blog late Tuesday evening in a piece called "Is Limbaugh’s Operation Chaos Working?"

It isn’t that Kerr thinks Clinton would be easier than Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, for McCain to defeat in the Fall. It’s the idea that with Clinton “in there, that keeps the debate between them going and we get more, uh, more chaos.”

Kerr giggles. “That's the name -- Operation Chaos.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/05/07/are-media-focusing-limbaughs-operation-chaos-force-hillary-out

NATO AIR
05-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Sadly this generation of self-respecting blacks is dying out, and leaving Obamites in their place, with their dread locks and hands out.

I've met a great number of sophisticated blacks in my time, especially in the military and in college. I think in general there is such a gulf between people regardless of race or age in this country and elsewhere, a contrast of maturity, experience and common sense.

The media traffic in stereotypes, which helps create a gap where there isn't and obscures the real issue.... the half of this country that is lazy and selfish. That group knows no political or racial boundaries either.

Just my 2 cents. Or maybe i"m just enduring triple culture shock, having just moved back from overseas in the past 18 months, left the military and gone from being surrounded by hard-working dedicated people to the lazy and the stupidly greedy.

glockmail
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I've met a great number of sophisticated blacks in my time, especially in the military and in college. I think in general there is such a gulf between people regardless of race or age in this country and elsewhere, a contrast of maturity, experience and common sense.

The media traffic in stereotypes, which helps create a gap where there isn't and obscures the real issue.... the half of this country that is lazy and selfish. That group knows no political or racial boundaries either.

Just my 2 cents. Or maybe i"m just enduring triple culture shock, having just moved back from overseas in the past 18 months, left the military and gone from being surrounded by hard-working dedicated people to the lazy and the stupidly greedy. I have no doubt that you can take your average 18 year old from any part of this country and its subcultures, stick him in boot camp and turn him into one of America's finest. But a lot come home and get sucked back into the culture. Look at Wright as an example.