PDA

View Full Version : Another Anniversary...

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 10:46 AM
On May 1st, 2003 on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln, President George W. Bush told America and the world that "...major combat operations in Iraq have ended...". This as a banner hanging from the bridge proclaimed "Mission Accomplished" in red, white and blue.

What did the Bush administration do to commemorate the occasion? They did nothing but trot out the same, tired bullshit about how the banner was to commemorate the Lincoln's crew in finishing its ten month mission. The diminutive doyen of deception, Dana Perino stated...

<blockquote>President Bush is well aware that the banner should have been much more specific and said “mission accomplished for these sailors, who are on this ship on their mission.” And we have certainly paid a price for not being more specific. </blockquote>

What of the price paid by the some 3900 US service men and women who have died in Iraq since the mission was "accomplished"? What of the price paid by the some 29,000 US service men and women who have been wounded, maimed and crippled since the mission was "accomplished"? The price paid by the Bush administration was a purely political one...a paltry, insignificant price in light of the blood and treasure spilled by our soldiers and marines in Iraq...But that statement gives us a clear picture of just where the administration's priorities lie,

What else has this anniversary brought us? AN Al Qaeda which is, according to State Department and intelligence estimates as operationally capable as it was before 9/11. and the Taliban regaining territory in Afghanistan it lost after the US invasion of that benighted country, Which, BTW was where the REAL enemy was, and is now returning to. It brings us a US military with ground forces stretched to the breaking point. It brings us hundreds of billions of dollars of federal debt financed, not by tax dollars, but rather by borrowing from foreign powers, some of which may not have America's best interests at heart...You know, like China which currently holds more than $1.4 trillion in US debt.

Thank you, President Bush.

Sources:

<a href=http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0718/p99s01-duts.html>The Christian Science Monitor</a>

<a href=http://blogs.reuters.com/pakistan/2008/05/02/reality-check-for-americas-war-against-al-qaeda/>Reuters</a>

<a href=http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/99496.pdf>Congressional Research Service report - China's Holdings of US Securities</a>

Sitarro
05-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Why would you start 2 identical threads, are you an incompetent idiot? I'm glad your repetitive ass isn't running the country although the dipshits you elected to Congress are just as full of shit. It seems that all you clowns can do is criticize people that take action while you sit on your fat asses and do nothing. Go chug a bed pan asswhipe.:fu:

red states rule
05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Why would you start 2 identical threads, are you an incompetent idiot? I'm glad your repetitive ass isn't running the country although the dipshits you elected to Congress are just as full of shit. It seems that all you clowns can do is criticize people that take action while you sit on your fat asses and do nothing. Go chug a bed pan asswhipe.:fu:

Youa asked and answered your own question Sitarro

Some liberal moonbats are so consumed with hate for Pres Bush can't express their mindless rants in only one thread

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Actually, the threads are about two different, though related, topics. And while the word "Anniversary" appears in the titles of both of these threads, the titles ARE different.

Unless you are willing and/or able to debate the issue in a rational manner, perhaps you would best serve us all by not wasting bandwidth with your inanity. That's a polite way of saying, "Keep yer pie-hole shut unless you've got something useful to say."

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Youa asked and answered your own question Sitarro

Some liberal moonbats are so consumed with hate for Pres Bush can't express their mindless rants in only one thread

See above.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
That's a polite way of saying, "Keep yer pie-hole shut unless you've got something useful to say."

If you practiced what you preached - you would never post here

Of course libs live by their own Golden Rle - Don't do as I do, do as I say

Sitarro
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. The broken record that is the Democrap party has become so very stale that the smell actually comes through my monitor every time bully-bed-pan attempts to post something new but just rewords the same old shit.

How about posting solutions to the perceived problems bully-bed-pan? That's right, you and your party have none, nothing to add but criticism....... no action but to punish the producers by taking the money they have made with their talent and give it to the non producers in an effort to buy a vote........ your heroes are pathetic and thieves. Obamessiah sucks!

red states rule
05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. The broken record that is the Democrap party has become so very stale that the smell actually comes through my monitor every time bully-bed-pan attempts to post something new but just rewords the same old shit.

How about posting solutions to the perceived problems bully-bed-pan? That's right, you and your party have none, nothing to add but criticism....... no action but to punish the producers by taking the money they have made with their talent and give it to the non producers in an effort to buy a vote........ your heroes are pathetic and thieves. Obamessiah sucks!

Liberals will NEVER offer soultions. Libs want the issues for elections. They want as many people as possible to be miserable. They want as many people as possible dependent on government. They want as many people as possible to be poor

That is what they want, and will screw over as many people as possible to accomplish those goals

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Spell much? You can't debate so you obfuscate. You and Sitarro are a rather sad pair. Dismissed.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Spell much? You can't debate so you obfuscate. You and Sitarro are a rather sad pair. Dismissed.

You have mastered the liberal ability to duck and hide from the facts

I have chased your ass from many threads with facts, and you never disappoint me with your meaningless rants

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 09:20 PM
You have mastered the liberal ability to duck and hide from the facts

I have chased your ass from many threads with facts, and you never disappoint me with your meaningless rants

The only one hiding from the facts are you and your fellow travelers old son.

As for your closing paragraph, you mistake my boredom with your ignorance and inanity for victory on your part. Your delusions of grandeur really need to be addressed by a competent therapist.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
The only one hiding from the facts are you and your fellow travelers old son.

As for your closing paragraph, you mistake my boredom with your ignorance and inanity for victory on your part. Your delusions of grandeur really need to be addressed by a competent therapist.

I rememebr how you left your own waterboarding thread when I proved you were wrong with your "facts"

The ABC link blew your ass out of the water, and you ran away with your tail between your legs

Like most spinless liberals you have a severe phobia when you are exposed to the light of day

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I rememebr how you left your own waterboarding thread when I proved you were wrong with your "facts"

The ABC link blew your ass out of the water, and you ran away with your tail between your legs

Like most spinless liberals you have a severe phobia when you are exposed to the light of day

Not victory on your part...boredom on mine. :coffee:

Dismissed.

red states rule
05-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Not victory on your part...boredom on mine. :coffee:

Dismissed.

Like most liberal moonbats the facts do bore you, so when you can't counter them you cut and run

I accept your surrender son

bullypulpit
05-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Like most liberal moonbats the facts do bore you, so when you can't counter them you cut and run

I accept your surrender son

What surrender?

Go back to the opening post and provide a refutation of of each point supported by links to reliable sources...independent, objective sources...and we'll talk about who's getting beaten like a gong. Which, up to this point, has been you.

So, nighty-night...take your meds, lay your head back and think happy thoughts. On the other hand, skip the happy thoughts. Just imagining what might make you happy makes my skin crawl.

red states rule
05-04-2008, 05:43 AM
What surrender?

Go back to the opening post and provide a refutation of of each point supported by links to reliable sources...independent, objective sources...and we'll talk about who's getting beaten like a gong. Which, up to this point, has been you.

So, nighty-night...take your meds, lay your head back and think happy thoughts. On the other hand, skip the happy thoughts. Just imagining what might make you happy makes my skin crawl.

Being a liberal you waste time whining about sometng that happened years ago

I understand you are one of the surrendner and appeasement crowd, who are hoping the US loese in Iraq since you call it "Bush's War"

Only the truth BP makes your skin crawl since you are not used to it

bullypulpit
05-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Being a liberal you waste time whining about sometng that happened years ago

I understand you are one of the surrendner and appeasement crowd, who are hoping the US loese in Iraq since you call it "Bush's War"

Only the truth BP makes your skin crawl since you are not used to it

When challenged to debate the issues, you tap dance away and try to change the subject.

The fifth anniversary of "Mission Accomplished" has passed, yet in April 52 US soldiers died in Iraq..., The rebuilding of Iraq's infrastructure continues to remain stalled... Fraud and abuse, war profiteering in other words by US contractors in Iraq continues unabated...US ground forces are stretched to their limits...Which of these truths do you want to deal with first.

Your choice will be to debate none of them as you continue to support the failed policies of a failed administration. You are truly pathetic, as are your fellow travelers. Prove me wrong, if you dare.

Dismissed.

red states rule
05-04-2008, 03:34 PM
When challenged to debate the issues, you tap dance away and try to change the subject.

The fifth anniversary of "Mission Accomplished" has passed, yet in April 52 US soldiers died in Iraq..., The rebuilding of Iraq's infrastructure continues to remain stalled... Fraud and abuse, war profiteering in other words by US contractors in Iraq continues unabated...US ground forces are stretched to their limits...Which of these truths do you want to deal with first.

Your choice will be to debate none of them as you continue to support the failed policies of a failed administration. You are truly pathetic, as are your fellow travelers. Prove me wrong, if you dare.

Dismissed.

Libs like you try to shape everything into a grand conspiracy. To bad you have no proof, nothing to offer except tin foil hat scripts

Go watch another Oliver Stone movie BP, and log on to Michael Moore's website for more talking points

bullypulpit
05-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Libs like you try to shape everything into a grand conspiracy. To bad you have no proof, nothing to offer except tin foil hat scripts

Go watch another Oliver Stone movie BP, and log on to Michael Moore's website for more talking points

Coward. You lack even the courage of your misguided convictions. Coward.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Coward. You lack even the courage of your misguided convictions. Coward.

You are the one with the Oliver Stone storylines

Libs like you have only double standards. If not for them you would have no standards at all

bullypulpit
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
You are the one with the Oliver Stone storylines

Libs like you have only double standards. If not for them you would have no standards at all

Coward.