PDA

View Full Version : Force 12 Protection

TheStripey1
05-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Hurricane season is coming...

I saw this product being advertised on TheWeatherChannel last year and researched it. IF I lived in a hurricane prone state, I would sure as hell invest in this product. But I don't.

So check it out, if you do maybe you should consider using some of that rebate check on this...

Force 12 Protection (http://www.force12protection.com/)
High Impact Wind Screen

Two of the main causes for damage and destruction from tropical storms and hurricanes are flying debris and extreme windloads. Now there is a product unlike anything else you have seen that protects you from both heavy winds and flying debris - its name is Force 12.

Force 12 is a flexible high impact screen barrier system that is designed to resist wind pressures generated by hurricane force winds and withstand impacts from flying objects that would penetrate a block wall. Tested under the most rigorous hurricane standards in the country, Force 12 has exceeded all requirements. It has received Miami-Dade certification.

The unique material from which Force 12 is made allows diffussion of wind velocities by up to 97%. A 100 mph wind against the Force 12 wind barrier system becomes a 3 mph breeze inside the webbing. The flexible barrier actually repels flying debris unlike a rigid shutter system that transfers the shock load directly to the building to which it is attached.

Force 12 has been used to provide protection in diverse applications such as public shelters, home lanais, condominiums, firehouse bay doors and commercial buildings.

Psychoblues
05-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll give you my rebate if you'll give me some of yours!!!!!!!!

Wuzzup, tigger?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TheStripey1
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
not much... you?

apparently the righties here don't care about hurricane protection... shrugs...

maybe they think that just because last year was quiet IN THE USA that Global warming is over... I'd suggest they take a look at Myanmar... but apparently, it would do no good...

so... screw em I say...

:dance:

TheStripey1
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
and uhhhh, psychoblues, didn't I read somewhere you weren't getting a rebate?

so no... I won't be sharing mine with you... :poke:

Dilloduck
05-05-2008, 05:57 PM
not much... you?

maybe they think that just because last year was quiet IN THE USA that Global warming is over... I'd suggest they take a look at Myanmar... but apparently, it would do no good...

so... screw em I say...

Righties just might possibly know enough to get the hell out of the way of a hurricane. Sorry everyone isn't drooling over your discovery.

Gaffer
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Looking at the pictures it appears its fine for protecting windows and doors. But little can be done to protect the roof and structure. If a tree gets blown down on your house force 12 offers no protection. Same goes for cars and other large objects being blown into the house. And its also no protection against storm surge. It might be useful for homes inland but along the coast I don't see it being much help.

BoogyMan
05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
not much... you?

so... screw em I say...

I see that the cranio-rectal inversion continues......