PDA

View Full Version : Polls: Less-educated whites hurt Obama

stephanie
05-04-2008, 01:37 AM
:poke:

By The Associated Press – 16 hours ago

A CLINTON ADVANTAGE OVER OBAMA IN NOVEMBER, THOUGH MCCAIN DOES BEST OF ALL

According to an Associated Press-Yahoo News poll in April, the certain Republican presidential nominee John McCain would get more votes than Hillary Rodham Clinton from white voters who have not finished college, 43 percent to 30 percent. Barack Obama would do even worse than Clinton, trailing McCain with this group 44 percent to 22 percent. McCain has a 23-percentage point lead against Clinton among whites who have graduated college, but just an eight-point margin over Obama with that group.

DEMOCRATIC CONTEST TAKES ITS TOLL

Obama was viewed unfavorably in April by 53 percent of whites without college degrees, up from 41 percent in November's AP-Yahoo poll. Clinton's negative ratings with that group have not really changed, but have not gotten better, either. Fifty-seven percent of these voters had unfavorable views of Clinton in November, and 55 percent did in April. McCain's negative views from them sat at 32 percent both months.

HOW RACE AND EDUCATION AFFECT THE RACE

read the rest..
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iYzxlYNLH6b47qyfHMTmdsW7Y9-wD90E7CAG0

stang56k
05-04-2008, 02:26 AM
:poke:

By The Associated Press – 16 hours ago

A CLINTON ADVANTAGE OVER OBAMA IN NOVEMBER, THOUGH MCCAIN DOES BEST OF ALL

According to an Associated Press-Yahoo News poll in April, the certain Republican presidential nominee John McCain would get more votes than Hillary Rodham Clinton from white voters who have not finished college, 43 percent to 30 percent. Barack Obama would do even worse than Clinton, trailing McCain with this group 44 percent to 22 percent. McCain has a 23-percentage point lead against Clinton among whites who have graduated college, but just an eight-point margin over Obama with that group.

DEMOCRATIC CONTEST TAKES ITS TOLL

Obama was viewed unfavorably in April by 53 percent of whites without college degrees, up from 41 percent in November's AP-Yahoo poll. Clinton's negative ratings with that group have not really changed, but have not gotten better, either. Fifty-seven percent of these voters had unfavorable views of Clinton in November, and 55 percent did in April. McCain's negative views from them sat at 32 percent both months.

HOW RACE AND EDUCATION AFFECT THE RACE

read the rest..
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iYzxlYNLH6b47qyfHMTmdsW7Y9-wD90E7CAG0

Why is this poll strictly just whites? I might be able to answer my own question but it might be racist?=/

stephanie
05-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Why is this poll strictly just whites? I might be able to answer my own question but it might be racist?=/

Not only is it just about whites......but those darn Unedumaticated whites.

midcan5
05-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I am going to bite my tongue.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

red states rule
05-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Obama is losing voters across the board

I am waiting for Obama supporters to try to explain how his double digit lead in NC went up in smoke

Kathianne
05-04-2008, 07:48 AM

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Ok. Basing generalizations upon educational attainment is not conducive to expanding the suffrage. Perhaps the Hamiltonians had the correct idea after all?

red states rule
05-04-2008, 07:50 AM
The only reason Clinton won't be nominee would be if the superdelegates decide to nominate Obama as the affirmative action nominee.

OBAMA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION NOMINEE.

He can't win, but he'll get it anyway ---

because he's black???

The Dems have lost it.

05-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Case in Point.

gabosaurus
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Obama was viewed unfavorably in April by 53 percent of whites without college degrees, up from 41 percent in November's AP-Yahoo poll...

That would certainly explain the anti-Obama sentiment on this forum. :laugh2:

But this does bring up a good point. Obama needs to do more to appeal to the ignorant trailer trash section of America that normally votes Republican.

Kathianne
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM

But this does bring up a good point. Obama needs to do more to appeal to the ignorant trailer trash section of America that normally votes Republican.

Really Gabby? Can you cite who you think are trailer trash on this site? Their education levels?

gabosaurus
05-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Let's put it this way: If you don't have a college degree and you make less than $50,000 a year (or don't have a job), state your opinion of Obama here.

Kathianne
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Let's put it this way: If you don't have a college degree and you make less than $50,000 a year (or don't have a job), state your opinion of Obama here.

LOL! Says volumes.

stephanie
05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Gabs makes a point this trailer trash pretty much already knew..

the liberal snobs are all voting for the elitist snob Obambam, and his elitist snobby wife.:coffee:

mundame
05-05-2008, 08:13 AM

because he's black???

The Dems have lost it.

The Fox Panel (Mort Kondracke, I think) was opining that they havetohaveto nominate Oballama because if they don't, they'll lose all the blacks and they can't win without the blacks.

I think he's totally wrong.

Given that blacks are only 15%, I'd say they cannot win without the whites!

mundame
05-05-2008, 08:15 AM

the liberal snobs are all voting for the elitist snob Obambam, and his elitist snobby wife.:coffee:

And as Adlai Stephenson said to the supporter who said he had the support of all the smart people ---------- "Yes, but I need a majority."

He lost the election........................

Nukeman
05-05-2008, 09:46 AM

Let's put it this way: If you don't have a college degree and you make less than $50,000 a year (or don't have a job), state your opinion of Obama here.You know gabs this has to be some of your most vile rhetoric on this board to date. You want to talk about elitist attitude!! My God woman could you be a little more snobby. I think you will find MOST on here are college educated and also have a great deal of "real life" experience (don't ever discount the real life stuff)..

I can't believe you actually posted this crap.........

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
You know gabs this has to be some of your most vile rhetoric on this board to date. You want to talk about elitistes atitude!! My God woman could you be a little more snobby. I thinkyou will find MOST on here are college educated and also have a great deal of "real life" experience (don't ever discount the real life stuff)..

I can't believe you actually posted this crap.........

Obama people are very bitter these days. They are clinging to their tofu and copy of the NY Times

Nukeman
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Obama people are very bitter these days. They are clinging to their tofu and copy of the NY Times
instead of guns and religion????:laugh2:

red states rule
05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
instead of guns and religion????:laugh2:

The problem with libs like Gabby is, after they insult those she considers inferior - we go and vote

And her anger and distain grows even more

midcan5
05-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Then I have to ask, did all the elitist conservatives vote for Bush? He sure as heck had a bigger silver spoon birth and what is considered an elitist life and education. Or is elitism in the eyes of the beholder or just the biased partisan, take your pick.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Then I have to ask, did all the elitist conservatives vote for Bush? He sure as heck had a bigger silver spoon birth and what is considered an elitist life and education. Or is elitism in the eyes of the beholder or just the biased partisan, take your pick.

Pres Bush is not a blue nosed snob like Obama and Hillary

Libs go out of their way to tell the rest of us how much smarter and better they are

gabosaurus
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I see that NO ONE is answering the question.
I didn't bring it up. The OP brought it up. In case you have forgotten, here it is:

RSR, you are good at avoiding direct questions. Stop dancing and answer the question.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I didn't bring it up. The OP brought it up. In case you have forgotten, here it is:

RSR, you are good at avoiding direct questions. Stop dancing and answer the question.

Your qualifications exclude me from answering

mundame
05-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Political forums are most of them highly selected for intelligence, gabby ------- you may well not have anyone here in your set as defined. I support Hillary instead of Obama, and I'm not in your set.

gabosaurus
05-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Your qualifications exclude me from answering

RSR, where did you get your degree from?

LuvRPgrl
05-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Ok. Basing generalizations upon educational attainment is not conducive to expanding the suffrage. Perhaps the Hamiltonians had the correct idea after all?

Its pretty obvious the headline is slanted to make it look worse for McCain and better for Obama.

A large n umber of people only read the headline. This headline suggests that the superior, more educated people would vote for Obama more than the stupid whites would, and this means, if YOU are smart, you will vote for Obama, or else you are just like those less educated whites.

Fact is, if you read further, McCains % of support is even greater by educated whites

LuvRPgrl
05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
The only reason Clinton won't be nominee would be if the superdelegates decide to nominate Obama as the affirmative action nominee.

because he's black???

The Dems have lost it.

They dont want Hillary because she has much less of a chance against McCain, plain and simple. It has absolutely 0 to do with their posistions on issues.

LuvRPgrl
05-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Bill Gates didnt graduate college. White trailer trash?

You are such a loser, and pathetic at trying to "trash" conservatives. Just pathetic

Yea, he already has the liberal white trash welfare recipients in his pocket.
Now he just has to go sell that pie in the sky, speeches that say absolutely nothing but sound great, to the white trash republicans.

LuvRPgrl
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Apparently you only read the headline, just like other uneducated white trash,

The MORE EDUCATED support McCain more than Obama. HAHHAHAHHA, BWAHASHHAHAH

You are such a fucking idiot.

LuvRPgrl
05-05-2008, 12:07 PM
RSR, where did you get your degree from?

YOU posted the qualifications, and now you already ignore half of it???? Fucking figures.

Hagbard Celine
05-05-2008, 12:50 PM

By doing what? Showing up at a Nascar Rally? It worked for another guy we all know.

glockmail
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
You know gabs this has to be some of your most vile rhetoric on this board to date. You want to talk about elitist attitude!! My God woman could you be a little more snobby. I think you will find MOST on here are college educated and also have a great deal of "real life" experience (don't ever discount the real life stuff)..

I can't believe you actually posted this crap......... I don't understand why you would be surprised at Gabs.

glockmail
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
By doing what? Showing up at a Nascar Rally? It worked for another guy we all know.
More elitist crap from another liberal. Keep talking, as it can only help us here in flyover country.

red states rule
05-05-2008, 01:37 PM
More elitist crap from another liberal. Keep talking, as it can only help us here in flyover country.

I am sure Hag would be welcomed at a NASCAR rally. He would make a great speed bump

Trigg
05-06-2008, 12:07 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=6830&page=4

This ought to answer your question. Most republicans on this board have gone to college and ALL are against Obama.

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Most republicans on this board have gone to college and ALL are against Obama.

According to the thread, the following DP members have degrees. The others either do not, or did not answer. (Or perhaps were unable to read the question :p )
Abbey
Jack Daniels
Postmodern Prophet
Typomaniac
Dan
Kathianne
ManfromMaine
Manu
5 String Jeff
Remie
Little Acorn
Gaffer
Harboard Celine
Pale Rider

manu1959
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
yes if only whites were educated then they would vote for obama because he is black......

CockySOB
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I have a degree, am pursuing graduate degrees (plural) right now, and teach at the collegiate/university level (tenure is less than 6 months away).

I do not support Obama. Nor do I support Clinton.

And for the record I support McCain as the lesser evil of the three piss-poor candidates we have to choose from.

CockySOB
05-06-2008, 04:11 PM

What a pompous, arrogant, elitist statement to make. Why am I not surprised that it comes from a dyed-in-the-wool partisan hack like Gaby?

manu1959
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM

glad to hear you be voting republican this year...........

glockmail
05-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I have an engineering degree, does that count? For the record, I voted for Alan Keyes. I dare someone to call me an unedumacted racist. :coffee:

stephanie
05-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Speaking of Alan Keyes..that's what funny about people and the lamestream media saying Obambam could become the first African-American to become President..

I wonder what they were calling Mr. Keyes when he was running for President.....a Chinese-American:coffee:

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I dare someone to call me an unedumacted racist.

I would never do that. You are an educated racist.

LuvRPgrl
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a degree, am pursuing graduate degrees (plural) right now, and teach at the collegiate/university level (tenure is less than 6 months away).

I do not support Obama. Nor do I support Clinton.

And for the record I support McCain as the lesser evil of the three piss-poor candidates we have to choose from.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that earing over $50K a year also qualifies one to the educated dept.

As for the "lesser of two evils" that is an unfortunate part of reality. The solution, a multi party system would not provide any relief however, and the multi party system is in place in the Philippines, where I experience it first hand, and let me tell you something, it is far, far worse than the two party system.

Kathianne
05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
According to the thread, the following DP members have degrees. The others either do not, or did not answer. (Or perhaps were unable to read the question :p )
Abbey
Jack Daniels
Postmodern Prophet
Typomaniac
Dan
Kathianne
ManfromMaine
Manu
5 String Jeff
Remie
Little Acorn
Gaffer
Harboard Celine
Pale Rider

That would be BA/BS or higher. On the other hand, you are going to go along with the slander that those with a hs diploma or less are generally racist? That my dear would be a logical fallacy.

Yurt
05-06-2008, 07:25 PM

less than six months ago....this was YOU :dance:

gabosaurus
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
As for the "lesser of two evils" that is an unfortunate part of reality. The solution, a multi party system would not provide any relief however, and the multi party system is in place in the Philippines, where I experience it first hand, and let me tell you something, it is far, far worse than the two party system.

So you are the famous Filipino mail order bride? Didn't realize that. Though it explains a lot.

LuvRPgrl
05-07-2008, 10:35 PM
So you are the famous Filipino mail order bride? Didn't realize that. Though it explains a lot.

HAHAHHA,

You idiots arent even good at put downs.

Yea, Im famous, thank you very much.

But Im not filipino nor a bride.

Yurt
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
HAHAHHA,

You idiots arent even good at put downs.

Yea, Im famous, thank you very much.

But Im not filipino nor a bride.

who are "you idiots?"

gabosaurus
05-07-2008, 11:32 PM
less than six months ago....this was YOU :dance:

Wrong again! :lmao:
I've had a bachelor of science degree since May, 2006. I recently added a masters degree.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I've had a bachelor of science degree since May, 2006. I recently added a masters degree.

You are a master of BS

Yurt
05-08-2008, 12:14 AM

dangit, foiled :poop: