PDA

View Full Version : Political Question

actsnoblemartin
05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Is there anything the current/next president and the current/next congress can do to lower gas prices, that will actually work?, i.e. NOT ethanal

Gaffer
05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Authorize drilling in all areas of the US and the building of new refineries. And sell the oil here in the US and not put it on the world market. Put a moratorium on gas taxes until the refineries are built. But no one in washington is going to do any of that.

82Marine89
05-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Is there anything the current/next president and the current/next congress can do to lower gas prices, that will actually work?, i.e. NOT ethanal

This current congress, which is currently under control of the democrat party, promised to lower prices when they took over. Now we are paying on average of a dollar more a gallon. They, in turn, are getting more revenue from taxes. What is the motivating factor to get them to try and lower the prices and decrease their revenue?

midcan5
05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Lots of things. Support public transportation, finance rail systems to alleviate long commutes, enforce higher mileage cars - reducing demand should reduce price but who cares, we need alternatives to oil. Ride a bicycle, I do.

82Marine89
05-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Lots of things. Support public transportation, finance rail systems to alleviate long commutes, enforce higher mileage cars - reducing demand should reduce price but who cares, we need alternatives to oil. Ride a bicycle, I do.

And I hear next month you'll be putting a seat on it. :laugh2:

midcan5
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
And I hear next month you'll be putting a seat on it. :laugh2:

Not bad, not bad. lol