PDA

View Full Version : Bush Butchery Of Military Goes Unnoticed

Psychoblues
05-04-2008, 10:15 PM
He cut the Vets budget in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and even 2007. The 2008 budget looms before us until a true Veteran can straighten it all out.

I wonder if any of these cats understand any of the conservative attitude towards them?

"As of Sunday, May 4, 2008, at least 4,071 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. The figure includes eight military civilians. At least 3,315 died as a result of hostile action, according to the military's numbers.

The AP count is four more than the Defense Department's tally, last updated Friday at 10 a.m. EDT.

The British military has reported 176 deaths; Italy, 33; Ukraine, 18; Poland, 21; Bulgaria, 13; Spain, 11; Denmark, seven; El Salvador, five; Slovakia, four; Latvia, three; Estonia, Georgia, Netherlands, Thailand, Romania, two each; and Australia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, South Korea, one death each."

Much more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/05/02/national/a163300D69.DTL

Chickenhawks will never rule for long.

bullypulpit
05-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Not unnoticed, just unremarked by those who sent them to their deaths, never once having put themselves in harm's way for their country. Chimpy McPresident got a cushy sinecure in the Texas ANG during Viet Nam, the evidence pointing to his not even successfully completed that term of service. Dick Cheney got multiple deferments from the draft and few, if any other, members of the administration have served in the military.

I don't know if you've read <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Starship-Troopers-Robert-Heinlein/dp/0441783589/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209983176&sr=1-1>"Starship Trooper"</a> by Robert A. Heinlein, a science fiction classic, but I agree with its basic political premise. That being that unless you've served in some capacity...be it the military, Peace Corps or other agency which puts the welfare of society and demonstrates a willingness to, for a while, defer one's own interests or put one's self in harm's way for the good of that society...you aren't allowed the franchise or to run for political office. In all other aspects, all people have the same rights save for those two.

theHawk
05-05-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't see where budget cuts are in the article you link.

Doesn't Congress controll the budget? Are you calling for all of them to be removed from office?

mundame
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Doesn't Congress controll the budget? Are you calling for all of them to be removed from office?

I like it! I like it!! Could we do that?