PDA

View Full Version : Domination Wrestles With Pastor's Statements

Psychoblues
05-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Is Obama connected to any of this?

Just as Senator Barack Obama has spent this week trying to stem the damage to his campaign from statements by his former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., the small, theologically liberal Protestant denomination both men belong to, the United Church of Christ, has been grappling with the impact of the controversy upon its members.

On Thursday, the Rev. John H. Thomas, the denomination’s president, posted an open letter on the United Church of Christ’s Web site acknowledging that members have been dealing with “the same broad set of emotions and frustrations that have been expressed nationwide in recent days and weeks.”

Mr. Thomas said he had heard concern from members about the well-being of the church and its congregations.

“While there is high regard for Reverend Wright’s ministry and leadership at Trinity U.C.C. in Chicago during the past 36 years, and for his prophetic, scriptural preaching,” Mr. Thomas wrote, “many of us today are troubled by some of his controversial comments and the substance and manner in which they have been communicated, both by him and as characterized by the media.”

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/03/us/politics/03church.html?_r=1&ref=us&oref=slogin

I don't think so. Do you?

bullypulpit
05-05-2008, 05:40 AM
<blockquote>“When you have diversity, you’re going to have conflict — that is the price of diversity,” said the Rev. Joseph C. Hough Jr., president of Union Theological Seminary in New York. “The challenge is to recognize conflict and open windows of reconciliation.”</blockquote>

Reconciliation is not on the agenda of the GOP's religious right wing-nut base. They want their religious doctrine given the same weight and authority as civil law. It's their way or the highway.

Personally, we're keeping our passports up to date in case they should get their way.

05-05-2008, 06:53 AM
You seem to misunderstand Obama's real problem. The Reverends statements are only hurting him indirectly. What is truly hurting Obama is his poor judgment in associating with the reverend and other controversial figures (such as confessed terrorists etc). The problem is it's become clear that he isnt really the person he has been pretending to be in the media and the more the people get glimpses of the real Obama, the more people are naturally concerned. One does not associate with extremists in a positive light without picking up the same values.

DragonStryk72
05-05-2008, 07:09 AM
You seem to misunderstand Obama's real problem. The Reverends statements are only hurting him indirectly. What is truly hurting Obama is his poor judgment in associating with the reverend and other controversial figures (such as confessed terrorists etc). The problem is it's become clear that he isnt really the person he has been pretending to be in the media and the more the people get glimpses of the real Obama, the more people are naturally concerned. One does not associate with extremists in a positive light without picking up the same values.

And the stupid part of all of that, is that he is probably acting the most Christ-like way he could on that point, given christ's personal thing for hanging out with prostitutes and tax collectors, who were considered the scum of hebrew society at the time. Did this make him a prostitute or a tax collector? No, it didn't.

now, that said, Most of his agenda is naive at best. I do think he's at least a bit less full of shit than our other options right. Not saying much I know, but it's still true. I mean, seriously, If we had one real leader up there, we wouldn't here shit out of McCain, Clinton, or Obama anymore.

05-05-2008, 12:03 PM
And the stupid part of all of that, is that he is probably acting the most Christ-like way he could on that point, given christ's personal thing for hanging out with prostitutes and tax collectors, who were considered the scum of hebrew society at the time. Did this make him a prostitute or a tax collector? No, it didn't.

now, that said, Most of his agenda is naive at best. I do think he's at least a bit less full of shit than our other options right. Not saying much I know, but it's still true. I mean, seriously, If we had one real leader up there, we wouldn't here shit out of McCain, Clinton, or Obama anymore.

And if Obama had stated that he was trying to convince them to stop such rhetoric and actions. If he was trying to pull them back to earth, i dont think this would be an issue.

But the fact is, he has never claimed he was doing this. There is no evidence he was doing this. In fact, when he lied about the relationship, it shows that claiming this never occured to him.

You are right though, Naive at best. Dangerous at worst.

Psychoblues
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
The sickness of the Rev. Wright will not and cannot be explained by Obama or in this thread. The sickness, however, of those that survive on sound bites, mis-quotes and otherwise innuendo will certainly flourish as this debate continues.

Pale Rider
05-10-2008, 02:29 AM
<blockquote>“When you have diversity, you’re going to have conflict — that is the price of diversity,” said the Rev. Joseph C. Hough Jr., president of Union Theological Seminary in New York. “The challenge is to recognize conflict and open windows of reconciliation.”</blockquote>

Reconciliation is not on the agenda of the GOP's religious right wing-nut base. They want their religious doctrine given the same weight and authority as civil law. It's their way or the highway.

Personally, we're keeping our passports up to date in case they should get their way.

Why wait? Hey... here's an idea... on your way out, take your racist, nigger trash with you. May I suggest africa.

bullypulpit
05-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Why wait? Hey... here's an idea... on your way out, take your racist, nigger trash with you. May I suggest africa.

You prove my point. The red-meat base of the GOP doesn't want an African-American in the White House as anything other than a servant or a flunky like Condi Rice. In fact, they're scared shitless by the very possibility, as they are of so much else. And yes, Pale...that includes you.

Got yer Klan robes all pressed and starched?

Psychoblues
05-13-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't think pr meant it that way, bp. I think he only meant niggers were not prevalent in the GOP.

PostmodernProphet
05-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I don't think pr meant it that way, bp. I think he only meant niggers were not prevalent in the GOP.

Pale has made it clear he wants nothing to do with the GOP, thus your attempt to paint the Republicans with his racist hatred fail......

Sitarro
05-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Obama has a lot of demons running around in that goofy looking head of his. He is ashamed of the half of him that is white even though his mother and her parents were the only ones that gave a shit enough to raise his crazy ass. For him to turn his back on them and look up to his worthless absent African father shows he has severe trauma that goes way back.

It explains why he would be so excepting of the idiocy that is the dipshit "church" he has been a supportive member for 20 years. It also explains why he looks up to that loony tunes pastor. What isn't explained is why he married such a racist bitch that hates America unless he too hates America. I feel sorry for their poor kids being raised by a couple of assholes like these. The idea that their kids were exposes to the vile Jeremiah Wright their whole life is criminal at best. They both deserve to be locked up for child abuse.

As for those chimpanzee ears........ :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:, that just adds to his mental problems every time he looks in the mirror.

Sitarro
05-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Is Obama connected to any of this?

I don't think so. Do you?

Didn't you mean to use the word Denomination in the thread title, or was it a freudian slip? After all the Denomination of that "church" is dominated with racism and hatred of the country most were born in and an allegiance to a fairy tale homeland. What a bunch of elitist clowns.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
05-13-2008, 07:52 AM
You prove my point. The red-meat base of the GOP doesn't want an African-American in the White House as anything other than a servant or a flunky like Condi Rice. In fact, they're scared shitless by the very possibility, as they are of so much else. And yes, Pale...that includes you.

Wouldn't an African American be an actual African that has obtained citizenship in the United States of America? Why do you use such a silly reference? If they must be hyphenated to feel special, logic would say that they should be called American-Africans or American-Blacks. Oh and .... :fu:

Secretary of State Condeleezza Rice would make an infinitely better President than that chimp-eared punk Senator from Illinois. She could debate circles around that little jerk and could do it in perfect Russian.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
And the stupid part of all of that, is that he is probably acting the most Christ-like way he could on that point, given christ's personal thing for hanging out with prostitutes and tax collectors, who were considered the scum of hebrew society at the time. Did this make him a prostitute or a tax collector? No, it didn't.....

Christ didn't hang out with non-repentants.

glockmail
05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
The GOP doesn't have an niggers in the Party. We have plenty of responsible black folk though. :poke:

Abbey Marie
05-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Christ didn't hang out with non-repentants.

:clap: A truth which seems to always go conveniently unrecognized around here.

theHawk
05-13-2008, 03:56 PM

I'd vote for an Alan Keyes/Michael Steele ticket over anything the Dems put out in a heartbeat. You're assertions about the GOP and conservatives its flat out wrong. You're just a partisan hack that has to scream 'racist!' every chance you get to make yourself feel better.

Psychoblues
05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
The Reagan Democrats really showed their asses in West Virginia, didn't they?

Some of you really are hopeless as well as clueless.